Campaign Monitor Reviews - Page 7

A very handy Marketing tool

Pros

Nice User interface. Good collection of templates. Best for small businesses as it has pricing depends upon the quantity of newsletters sent.

Cons

List building can be painful sometimes. Need to improve customer support. Very limited data reports.

Very happy new customer

We are in the tricky process of cleaning up a long-standing email list of more than 400,000 members and the Campaign Monitor team has been helping us with every stage of the process. While there was a slight learning curve with the drag and drop email builder, the fact that we can so quickly build fully-responsive newsletters, A/B tests and see real-time campaign tracking have all been great. The only thing better has been the quality of the Campaign Monitor team itself - professional, knowledgable, helpful and friendly - you couldn't ask for anything more. In short: High recommended.

User friendly

Perfectly sufficient for straight forward, ad hoc email marketing

Pros

Very easy to pick up quickly, with easy drag and drop features and simple list management.

Cons

Limited features. Could be a great tool with the addition of other channels/triggers/decisions etc. to the automation functionality

It's so easy!

I've always liked using Campaign Monitor, but what prompted me to review it was the great experience I had with their support team. I had a question, couldn't find quite the right information in their forum, so I contacted them. An extremely detailed and helpful reply came soon after.

Pros

It can do everything I could possibly need.

Cons

A great mailing system for agency clients

Pros

Setting up accounts for clients is simple Reporting structure is good Buying credits for client is easy task

Cons

html modification has lots of restrictions pre-built themes are ill-designed Test emails if bounced, are not deliverable

Mail automation

Pros

Nice interface Good plans, including pay-as-you-go No branding in all plans (unlike mailchimp) Excellent technical support Localized versions

Cons

No disadvantages, really. Mailchimp somehow has more out-of-the box integrations. However, you can use zapier or IFTT for it.

I've used Campaign Monitor for many years & decided to use it in my current role, as the best sol'n.

Cost-effective, straightforward.

Pros

It's cost effective for small mailings. It's pared down style make it easy to use - there are no distractions!

Cons

WYSIWYG editor could speed up content editing. Apparently I need to write more text in this field, but can't think of any more cons. Enough text now.

Perfect for companies of any size

Pros

- Fitted for agencies and companies of all sizes - Automated unsubcribe functionality - Plug-and-play journey designer - No setup fee

Cons

- Basic customer support - Campaign transfers are complicated - Lack of image hosting

So much creative ability and user-friendly!

It's a pretty solid email software and nothing really bothers me about it. Other email software may sync better with your CRM, depending what you use.

Pros

Super easy to use and there are a ton of templates to build off of. Stats are also easy to read and report off of.

Cons

A great email marketing tool that is easy to use.

Pros

You can easily make a good looking email in a very short amount of time. The features make it very easy to create something.

Cons

Building and maintaining email distribution lists isn't the best feature I've seen. It's also cumbersome at times to go through past emails sent.

When You Outgrown Mailchimp Use Campaign Monitor

You will love Campaign Monitor is you're a developer/designer because you have a lot more advanced customizations and features to play with. If your business thrives from email traffic then I definitely recommend upgrading to the highest-paid tier account: Premier to gain the best results.

Pros

It is easier (than Mailchimp) to build templates and it's advanced enough to create customizable templates. One can generally tell if an email was made in Mailchimp because the UI is so basic. One can't tell if they made it in Campaign Monitor because you can make a template look very unique, advance and sleek. I also like their advanced personalization features such as automating dynamic content into an email based on segmentation.

Cons

It is more pricey than other services. I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner with a low budget. Campaign Monitor could be an overkill if you're just starting out. But Campaign Monitor is something you would want to eventually progress to.

Customer support assistance with problems

On two occasions I came across issues which needed to be resolved. The first one was very urgent and I had not only a response in a very short time, it also advised the issue was resolved. On the 2nd occasion it was not urgent, I still received a very fast response which offered advise on how to solve it. It involved updating the DKIM key for our domain and rep offered to set up the new key and send to me. As it turned out our supplier was not familiar with the new DKIM set up therefore I took up rep offer and had the new key virtually by return email.

Cons

A simple solution to large bulk emails

Pros

It's pricing is really reasonable. Since I had to juggle around a couple of mailing systems during last years, I was able to get an overview and compare it with competitors. At CampaignMonitor you really get your value in money even if it's simple solution.

Cons

It does not give you a lot of options to play with - so if you want to add some conditions etc you'll find yourself looking for other solution. Reporting CM providers is too simple and send over as graphic image with not many options to narrow it down.

Less simple than other options but has solid features

Pros

Better for large companies looking for workflows & a suite of features. You can set up schedules & workflows that run at a designated time & place. UI is nice. Decent templates.

Cons

Complicated software, templates are basic. Learning curve involved which makes it difficult to hand off to junior team members

First impressions

My rating for the Overall quality and Features/Functions (i.e. how it has helped us) is a guess because I have only just started and do not have enough knowledge to answer (but I had to give a star rating). What I can say is that it seems to be very easy to use with very good instructions. Also, I sent a question regarding permission to email and opt-in. I received a very helpful answer back within 12 hours explaining exactly what I would need to do to be able to use my current customer list for sending out a monthly newsletter. I am most impressed.

Cons

Use this to send mass email campaigns to subscribers. Very easy to use.

Pros

Each stage outlines exactly what is required before you launch a campaign which is a great help when smashing out campaign after campaign. The HTML editor that converts CSS inline is also very useful. Currently use if for all my larger clients.

Cons

A prettier UI would be a benefit. Mailchimp has got this bang on. Campaign Monitor feels a lot more stripped back (not a bad thing, just a personal preference)

Awesome technical help defies the laws of physics!

We sent an email blast with a wrong Contact link. Seemingly, against all odds of both physics and law enforcement, Breetel, one of CM's tech crew, was able to change the link in an email that was already sent out! Kind of a minor miracle, actually: that an email sent with a wrong link, now magically has the right link. And it avoided making us look bad in the eyes of our client. Not that we weren't fans of CM before, but are even more so now. Oh, and of course, we're also card-carrying members of the Breetel Fan Club. That is all. Thanks!

We <3 Campaign Monitor

We've been using Campaign Monitor for several months now, and it's really great. You can definitely see the many many uses for it as soon as you sign up (which we're currently underutilising). We're currently using it for a once a week newsletter to our clients, the occasional survey, and to capture web leads. We've hooked it up to Salesforce using SendIt and GetFeedback. It's really easy to manage subscriber lists, create templates and send emails. It's very cost effective, and the reporting is AMAZING. I like to just refresh and see my open rate go up in real time.

Good for Newsletters

Pros

Easy to use regularly for sending out newsletters to clients. Templates are attractive, but can be a bit of a chore to set up to your liking. Analytics are solid.

Cons

Pricing tiers jump significantly for modest increases in subscribers.

Great software and even better support

I've been using Campaign Monitor for a couple of years now. I like how CM lets you manage lists, enables you to make segments and gives you insight in who is clicking what. I am not an expert user by far so I couldn't tell how A/B testing or other advanced features work, but the templates combined with you're own creativity should be plenty to make a great newsletter for any occasion of organization. The one time I have contacted support so far, I received a swift, helpful and very friendly response. I'd definitely recommend it.

Cons

This is a fairly user friendly software for creating emails and newsletters for marketing.

Pros

I like that it is customizable for each user's specific needs and that it is fairly user friendly and intuitive to use.

Cons

I've had an issue on occasion over the last 3 years where I have lost all of the editing changes I have made.

GREAT SERVICE

Great service, super easy to use. Definitely prefer this over sending out emails one by one. Would recommend this service to anyone who has a lot of contacts to email.

Pros

Easy to use and organizes everything for you. Tracks your emails as well.

Cons

Nothing.

Easy to use email marketing tool

Pros

Its quite easy to create email campaigns with Campaign Monitor. It has a drag and drop interface for customizing the emails, which you can preview before sending it out. Automated campaigns can be also setup. Offers report to track each campaign.

Cons

I don't have any cons to say about it. The more you use it the more you discover what Campaign Monitor can do for your business.

Customer Care not Customer Service

I had a the first issue ever, having used Campaign Monitor for years in many different roles. I sent an email with outlining the issue, I received an auto response (so I knew it had been received). Within a few hours Support staff had responded having corrected the issue, gave me an explanation of what had happened and what I should do next. Great! The way the email was written and the way my issue was dealt with led me to describe it as Customer Care, not Customer Service, becasue that's how it felt. Good job.

Cons

Great service, I wasn't expecting to get so much support at this price.

Pros

Ease of use once you did a few campaign. The look and automation (responsive) is great. I like to have a tab in my CRM also.

Cons

I would like more automations with my CRM Salesforce, like updating a member in a list when I creat a new lead.