Campaigner Reviews

User ratings

4.0

• Likelihood to recommend7.46/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Overall, having used the platform for a few years I can say that it performs perfectly for our needs which is a monthly newsletter blast. Good reports on the results and easy to set up.

GH

Gary H.

AM

Alex M.

The software is very easy to access and use. I think that one of the biggest benefits is the ability to schedule marketing and resend already prepared marketing, with just a click of the button.

GS

Garrick S.

Now I have a mounting list of people who need to be re-subscribed and I cannot do it and the form I given them does not work. We are now looking for an in-house software option to avoid these issues.

JC

Jonathan C.

I am blamed for your mistake twice this year and i'm really disappoint of your service.

SL

Samantha L.

The interface to create emails is very clunky and they must be using an old WYSIWYG which causes a lot of problems. The numerous steps you have to go through to preview an email is frustrating.

Campaigner users...

Constant Contact

VerticalResponse-logocaret

VerticalResponse

Compare both
How would you rate Campaigner?

Campaigner works for us!

Transcript

Karen: Hi, I'm Karen and I'm the executive director for a non-profit organization and we use Campaigner,...

Long-time user review

Pros

Plenty of features such as segmentation, list management, sign up forms, good reporting. Ability to use Campaigner because of Canadian servers complying with privacy legislation in British Columbia

Cons

API integration needs improvement, account management (related to billing) requires even more improvement with prompt attention to inquiries and resolution of issues. Customer service could be more timely and provide better issue resolution experience.

Hi Levent, Thanks for taking the time to send us feedback, we really appreciate it. We're glad that your experience with us has been good and that our features have suited your needs. All the best, Allison, Content Marketing Manager

Campaigner Vs Stream Send

It is a bit difficult for me to do forward for an old e-mail. I had to copy the e-mail and do a lot of steps which was not the case before when I was using Stream Send

Pros

The interface looks more attractive than Stream Send one

Cons

E-mail forward not an easy process comparing with Stream Send

Hello Nabeel, Thank you for this feedback, it allows us to hear directly from our customer base which is always very important for us. Happy to hear that you like our user interface! We do have a very simple way of forwarding emails to other destinations and can show you anytime, please send us a message about it at your leisure. All the best, Carlos

Campaigner fits the budget and does what's needed

Great product and a great price to allow me to easily provide email marketing to my list.

Pros

Low entry to get started, very easy to use.

Cons

It does everything I need, but I can see where it may not have ALL of the features of some of the more expensive products. But since I don't require them, I don't miss them, or the higher price tag.

Hello David, Thank you very much for your feedback, it is most definitely valued as it will help us to continue to ensure that we deliver the best support and product possible. Wishing you well, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

I like the idea of this, but not easy to use

It's been neutral. We were a Streamsend customer before they were bought out. I like the price but everything else is really not intuitive.

Pros

Cost is the biggest pro for this software. It's much cheaper than their competitors and I like that you don't have to pay per contact.

Cons

I have a really hard time getting emails to appear properly as coded. The campaigner system seems to manipulate or change things that shouldn't be changed. It also seems to have a good bit of bugs in it.

Hi Kathryn, Thanks for your honest review of Campaigner, this kind of feedback is extremely valuable to us. We have since made major improvements to our email editor, and have made the addition of our new Drag and Drop editor which enables all users to create beautiful and mobile responsive email designs in minutes. We would love the opportunity to show you the changes and improvements we have made, please reach out to us anytime. All the best, Carlos

DB's Review Of Campaigner

Overall, I would offer Campaigner as a solution over any other e-blast marketing tool for do-it-yourself size businesses. The ROI increase along with the ctr increase make campaigner when it's time get in front of my customers.

Pros

Campaigner's feel and ease of use played a big role in moving our business email marketing away from the competition.

Cons

The simple design of Campaigner seems to also translate into how the email themselves look like. Most likely, it is the "users" knowledge or lack of, that leaves our design lacking. That is what I would like to see, "tricks", "tips", short video's teaching the "users" how to step up their game. IE How to make all photo's the same size or quick ways to clean your list and save. They have to be short and sweet and helpful INSTANTLY, uncomplicated.

Hello Daniel, Thank you very much for your wonderful and detailed feedback about Campaigner! I am happy to inform that I will be releasing a series of updated videos just like what you are describing which will soon be available on our YouTube channel. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Easy Out-of-the-Box Solution

User engagement has improved but not to the degree we would have liked.

Pros

Workflows are easy to create and launch.

Cons

Reporting is quite lacking. I'd like to see more available on contacts, and cross-campaign tracking. Available templates seem out of date and plain.

Hello Peter, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this review as your feedback is very important to us. I have taken your feedback in regards to reporting to our product and development team, we always strive to keep our product as optimized to our users needs as possible. Best Regards, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Pros

It is relatively easy to use. The support has been good so far.

Cons

Was a long time Streamsend user. When we were forced to migrate to Campaigner, we were told that nothing would change which was not true. We pay more than double for the same volume.

Hi Michael and thank you very much for taking the time to come here and leave an honest review of your experience with Campaigner. I am happy to hear that our support team have been there for you. I would love to see if we can do anything about your package to ensure that you have the absolute best option to suit your needs. Please reach out anytime. Warm regards, Carlos

Useful platform for contacting my clients and prospects

It helps my business keep in touch with my clients and with people who buy my services

Pros

Easy to use, functional. I was able to set up well with lots of help from customer service. Now I am familiar with it and I use it every 1-2 months. I don't believe in pounding people with emails every week. It's great to have the stats from the emails to see how the subject lines are working. I had some problems in the past with some of my lists but that was sorted out with help from sales and customer service.

Cons

It's quite expensive for my small business. Probably need to prune down my databases. I have no idea how to do that and I am not sure if the contacts duplicate between different lists. I really don't have a lot of complaints about campaigner. I find the service way better than constant contact which was awful.

Hi Myles, Thanks so much for reviewing our platform. We are excited to hear of your success with Campaigner. Our platform does not add duplicate contacts to the add, it only counts it as one even if it appears in multiple lists. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Great product

I think its been the best of the email products I've used.

Pros

Very easy to import and export from our main client database

Cons

experiencing many undelivered email due to one of the Campaigner servers having a "spam" label with several receiving client's servers... it should be taken off line or reassigned a new ip address....

Hi Glenn, Thank you very much for your feedback of Campaigner. I will work with our dedicated Postmaster team in regards to the item you raised here. Best regards, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Non-Intuitive User Interface & Customer/Tech Support Declining

One of the biggest positives with Campaigner when I first got it 5 yrs ago was the hands-on Tech Support, which was readily available and really helpful. However, lately it hasn't been. I couldn't get a simple JPG image inserted without the software rejecting my test emails. Support was difficult to reach and ultimately worthless. Not only could the person not solve the problem, but the "escalation" support never came. I finally had to re-structure my email into a very simple text format. Very disappointing and frustrating. (Note: Earlier campaigns using the same image design always worked fine. Never had a problem.)

Pros

Ability to send 2,500 emails to our Contact base.

Cons

Using this software isn't intuitive. I have extensive MS Office experience but can't easily navigate this software. It is more like the WordPress software which is similarly frustrating.

Hello Stephen, Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback as this kind of information helps to ensure that we are putting our best efforts forward in the places where it is needed the most. I will most definitely check into your support cases to ensure that your reported issues are receiving the best attention possible. Please reach out to us anytime. Best, Carlos

Awful for designing emails

We use Campaigner to send reminders, newsletters, and promotions. We have three staff members that use Campaigner and we use it on a daily basis. The benefit of Campaigner (for my company) is that it allowed us to create a plan that suited our needs, for a far more affordable price than the competitors. I quickly learned to use Campaigner's email builder as infrequently as possible. If you're considering Campaigner, make sure that you have a lot of patience.

Pros

Affordability - the main reason I continue to use Campaigner is that it is BY FAR the most affordable option for my company's needs. Customizable plans - With Campaigner we were able to set up a plan based on monthly emails, and not contacts (as is the case with most email marketing platforms) which allows us to send infrequent emails to our large customer base.

Cons

Frustrating to build emails - "Glitchy" doesn't even begin to describe the absolutely nonsensical malfunctions that occur while designing an email in the campaign builder. Random spacing, broken links, and font reassignment are just a few of the issues I have come across using the Campaigner provided tools. Not once, but TWICE, has the program completely erased parts of my email template after HOURS...

Hello Alex, thank you very much for taking the time to submit this detailed feedback. Information like this is extremely valuable to us as it allows us to have a deeper understanding as to what is working well for you, and what may need some attention. I am happy to let you know about our new Drag and Drop editor, which should greatly help you with the creation of great-looking, responsive email designs. When you go to create your next email campaign, you will see the option for the Drag and Drop available there. I hope this helps!

I use campaigner to send multiple campaigns daily. Downtime is rare & customer service is excellent!

Pros

Easy to use, statistics, copying campaigns, friendliness & knowledge of staff/support, I can insert a jpg file or create or copy & paste HTML

Cons

I would like the ability to see what percentage of each of my lists opens each campaign so I can modify accordingly. Would like the sign up sheet to alphabetize areas so clients can easily pick which list they would like to be a part of.

Hi Kim, Thanks for the positive review. We are so pleased you are enjoying our service. We work hard to make sure every client receives personal attention and quick responses from our customer support team. We appreciate the product feedback and have sent it over to the product team. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

The Best Mailing Tool for our Business

This is third mailing software we've tried, and the only one which ticked all the boxes. It's ease of use, it as less bounce rate and the stats showing how the emails were received have all enabled us to focus on the content of our mailers and grow.

Pros

Campaigner's learning curve on the software isn't difficult and the data showing how many of our emails were opened have been the high points and enabled us to grow.

Cons

Given that we have used other similar software, all with their unique faults, we don't have any that would need improving on Campaigner.

Hi Steven, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback! We're glad that you've had a positive experience with Campaigner and that it fits your needs. All the best, Allison, Content Marketing Manager

My Preferred System

I use campaigner to prepare newsletters for a State Representative and send them out to a large constituent base. Campaigner gives me the flexibility to develop a template that is easy to use and easy to read. Compared to the other systems I use, I much prefer campaigner and wish that more of my clients would use this system.

Pros

I have used several systems during the past several years, and my favorite is Campaigner - it is very intuitive, user friendly and incredibly flexible as templates go.

Cons

Like many systems, the constraints of templates and other considerations sometimes make it desirable or necessary to use the actual code to best format newsletters. I found that to be the case with Campaigner - but, no more so than most other systems - and Campaigner is very accommodating to downloading code, updating offline, and reloading updated code for the final newsletter.

Hi there, Your review made us smile! We are happy to hear that we are your go-to email platform. We appreciate your feedback very much and we have passed it along to our product team. If there is anything else you would like to share please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks! The Campaigner Team

Good product with lots of flexibility

Pros

In my industry, flashing graphics and complicated layouts lead to less engagement. I like the ability to create a largely text only message with specific links users can click to see more "full throated" descriptions and media.

Cons

Prices go up as the number of contacts you have goes up, and too much IMO. It seems to me the number of contacts a customer has doesn't significantly raise server needs or technology needs, so I don't get why the price increases 5 fold.

Hey William, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback as it is extremely valuable to us. I do think the addition of the Drag and Drop editor will enhance your ability to design plain and effective email designs that are also totally mobile responsive. I most definitely want you to be happy with the subscription level you are on and would be happy to have an account manager evaluate your situation to ensure that you have the best-suited plan for your BUs needs. All the best, Carlos

Campaigner has been my company's newsletter resell solution for over 2 years.

The ability to offer a newsletter solution to our clients.

Pros

The depth of Campaigner is very nice. They have a lot of tools and functionality that allow for strategic and detailed email marketing campaigns. Their customer support is responsive and ready to answer any questions one might have.

Cons

The dashboard, itself, looks a bit dated. I know that's only for backend users eyes, but there could be some updates to intuitive features, like drag and drop email builds.

Hi Tim, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and feature to help you and your customers build effective email marketing campaigns. We appreciate the feedback you provided about our dashboard, we have passed it over to our product team. If you run into any issues or have questions do not hesitate to contact us! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can. -The Campaigner Team

I got a bit lost with the overall design but we have used the system for years and years.

Pros

Does the job for the price point and flexibility. We have explored using other competitors but have never pulled the trigger based on what Campaigner has to offer.

Cons

The overall designing of the email was a bit over my head at times. Also, adding in first names fields was not designed well in the software. If I recall, you could drag that field into the body, however, the correct way to do this was not with a drag. Or perhaps that was opposite, it's been awhile since I used it. Either way, I did it wrong, even though in the email it had the field in place, it actually showed up as, Hi (insert first name) instead of actually inserting their first name. This went out to a large email before our biggest trade show and had so many people forward this back to us. Embarrassing. Now I have to double test but the system should not have allowed you to add this field without it pulling the data behind it.

Hi Audrey, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the feedback. If you have any other comments or questions feel free to to let us know! -The Campaigner Team

We send out out HQ campaigns and control of 36 chapters campaigns, Solution worked. The team I wor

Ease of mind

Pros

Once it was set up, it was very easy to use. Reporting was fast, once you figured out how to use it. Staff were friendly . Users ( 39) had very little problems using project with minimal direction.

Cons

You cannot delete from list, you just make inactive. Our membership jumps controlled list. removing them would be our preference.

Hi Paula, Thanks for taking the time to post a review online! We are happy to hear the ease of use with our platform and we hope you continue to see success in the future. We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the list management and have passed it along to our development team. If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to let us know. -The Campaigner Team

it worked fine for my use

I didn't use all the features of this program. But it worked for me to send out a large amount of emails.

Pros

I felt it was safe to store addresses here. Wasn't bad to use and I'm not real good with computers.

Cons

Some people had problems with e-mails going to their trash. I couldn't delete old templates even though it said I could.

Hello Sharon, Thank you for your feedback of Campaigner, it allows us to work on our product more to always ensure that it meets the standards of yourself as well as all of our users. We have since made major upgrades to our email editor and hope that you are enjoying the additions and improvement. If you ever need us to show you around, please reach out anytime. Best regards, Carlos

Reliable and Effective

Campaigner allows us to not only maintain a relationship with our customers, which is invaluable right now during COVID-19—but it also helps us thrive while deepening those relationships.

Pros

Campaigner has grown along with us, always updating itself. In the beginning we only used templates, but then we began learning how to use the editor—and found it to be very intuitive. We have a very high retention rate; we believe it’s due both to our customers’ loyalty but also to Campaigner’s low spam rate and easy user ability.

Cons

In the early days of Campaigner, we’ve been with them awhile, it was a learning curve to become proficient with their built-in editor—mostly due to our lack of know-how.

Hi Janae, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We're glad that you've had such a positive experience with Campaigner! We're currently looking for potential case studies and we think you might be a good fit. Would you be interested in having a quick chat with me sometime? I look forward to hearing from you, Allison, Content Marketing Manager

Intuitive and easy to use!

Pros

The interface is intuitive and easy to use, unlike others that I've tried. It has the right features for building campaigns and automation without being an overkill. The reporting is also comprehensive and straightforward.

Cons

I had some trouble with the deliverability of my emails when I started. I contacted support and it seemed to help improve our open and click rates.

Hello Catherine, Thank you for taking the time to leave this fantastic feedback for us. It's great to hear that we are easy to use compared to others you have tried and that you are enjoying our automation and reporting features. All the best, Carlos P, Community Manager

Ned Stevens review

Overall it is a solid experience - I do think it could be better. Hopefully campaigner can add more features to the platform as well.

Pros

I am familar with it and have been using it for years.

Cons

I feel there are times where lists take a while to load, there are also some issues when a campaign gets in queue. This can have a significant impact on the business and we need them to go out on time. We feel if this problem continues we may have to look elsewhere.

Hello Shane, Thank you very much for your review and feedback of Campaigner, it's always great to hear from a long time customer. All the best, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Part of my Daily Routine

I start every day with Campaigner and it has been a great way to reach our customer base and keep them updated.

Pros

Easy to send as many emails as I need and reaching specific customer bases. I use this every day and have little to no problems. The issues I have had are resolved immediately with the help of their great customer service team.

Cons

Occasional uploading issues which have been helped through with great customer service.

Hello Amy, Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. Looking forward to serving your email marketing needs more in the future and wishing you all the best. Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

EMAIL MARKETING

Great service....well worth the expense and time to learn.

Pros

The software is very easy to used once it is learned. There is some learning curve especially if your email blast content is anything other than a simple JPG. Along with the email marketing feature the ability to generate URL's is simple and quick. Customer support is very good and they respond quickly and efficiently.

Cons

The ability to use a pdf with function is not allowed. The software forces you to post a JPG an then assign further URL locations so that the receiver can view information selectively. The software does provide a way around this and once you are familiar with the sequence of these functions its take only minutes to setup, define recipients, schedule when it is sent and then before actuating sending a test email to yourself.

Hello Lenny, Thank you for taking the time to leave this outstanding and detailed feedback for us. Best regards, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Campaigner an Average Email Marketing Tool

Used campaigner for one of our e-commerce client, though initially it was good but finally moved to Listrak as it provides better support & features.

Pros

I have used campaigner earlier for Email Marketing campaigns. Though it’s easy to use and set up but limited features. Workflow to send automated emails is one of the best features in this tool. You can create segments easily to send more targeted emails.

Cons

Customer service is not that good, sometimes we also found issues during login. It also never worked well in all browsers. Price is also comparatively high If you compare other tools with similar features.

Hello Chitta Ranjan, I just wanted to thank you for your valuable feedback. The information you have presented here enables us to craft a better SaaS for all of our customers, past, present and future. I am happy to report that much of the cons you have presented have long been addressed. Should you ever wish to use Campaigner again, we would be happy to have you back and show you everything new. Best regards.