Campaigner Reviews

3.72/5 (115 reviews)

Anonymous

Really big disappointment - AVOID this ESP

Reviewed 2018-08-10

Really disappointing experience they charged me a lot of money and it was a year contract when features which were vital were not working i asked to pause billing till i could use the platform - i tried to negotiate instead they made general promises and when i asked specifically to pause billing so i can use it they locked me into a recurring billing despite many tech glitches and features not working. Now I am forced to dispute with my credit card company which is first time this year and something i almost never do. I dont recall ever being locked into such an expensive long term contract where so much inflexibility was shown especially when They promise a lot and deliver little. Also the PCMag review says Campaigner is great but Campaigner and PCMag are owned by the same parent company, i wish i had not read that review. Look at the review prior to mine also it seems that their service is deteroarting . If the platform actually worked like it was supposed to and customer support was actually there i could mention 24/7 support and great features but this has not been the case at all Mailchimp and Mailigen both of which i reviewed are far far better bets

Scott Wilson

Much to be desired

Reviewed 2018-09-10

We understand Campainer is not just an email program, but they don't seem very interested in our suggestions along the way. It's disappointing that in all these years, there hasn't been any kind of redesign for ease of use. At what we are being charged monthly; we are likely going to shop around and see if there is something better matched for our needs, and priced more competitively.We use it for simple email blasts to our neighborhood association. We don't use it for marketing campaigns, so therefore do not have the need for some of the functionality available with Campaigner. For our needs it works.

Faith Orin

Worst customer service and platform ever - plus they unsubscribed all of my customers and didn't let me know

Reviewed 2018-05-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Nothing I can think of at this moment. You can see under "cons" what I really think of their product.

Justine Perron-Mongeau

Campaigner can work but there is a lot of road blocks before you get a functioning email.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Good for big mailing lists a various segments. Segmenting is easy. CASL Compliant. Very interesting webinar sessions are often offered. Adding Google Analytics tracking is built-in.

carina schott

I have been using campaigner for about 10 years and my experience is always good, tech support great

Reviewed 2018-04-16

nothing reallygreat tech support! I probably would have gone to another service but your text support is so good - I love the fact that I can talk to a real person, I don't have to wait on hold forever and they are always kind, even when I am not such a tech savvy person, they are still patient and helpful.

Brian Poole

When we had issues start, we were ignored, then told nothing could be done.

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Nothing. We were forced into it when they bought Email Direct.Not much to like. Any other ESP is better off for the money. I guess its a little more inexpensive than its competitors, but you get what you pay for.

Andrew Bray

We have been using Campaigner for 3 years now and it meets our needs.

Reviewed 2018-03-22

AB testing has been a plus for us. It is a good price point. The ease of use is good. Reporting and tracking are easy to use and comprehensive.

myles mellor

Useful platform for contacting my clients and prospects

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-05-04

It helps my business keep in touch with my clients and with people who buy my services Easy to use, functional. I was able to set up well with lots of help from customer service. Now I am familiar with it and I use it every 1-2 months. I don't believe in pounding people with emails every week. It's great to have the stats from the emails to see how the subject lines are working. I had some problems in the past with some of my lists but that was sorted out with help from sales and customer service.

Kim Lay

I use campaigner to send multiple campaigns daily. Downtime is rare & customer service is excellent!

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Easy to use, statistics, copying campaigns, friendliness & knowledge of staff/support, I can insert a jpg file or create or copy & paste HTML

Tim Sessions

Campaigner has been my company's newsletter resell solution for over 2 years.

Reviewed 2017-07-18

The ability to offer a newsletter solution to our clients.The depth of Campaigner is very nice. They have a lot of tools and functionality that allow for strategic and detailed email marketing campaigns. Their customer support is responsive and ready to answer any questions one might have.

Audrey Bolema

I got a bit lost with the overall design but we have used the system for years and years.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-02

Does the job for the price point and flexibility. We have explored using other competitors but have never pulled the trigger based on what Campaigner has to offer.

Paula Habas

We send out out HQ campaigns and control of 36 chapters campaigns, Solution worked. The team I wor

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Ease of mindOnce it was set up, it was very easy to use. Reporting was fast, once you figured out how to use it. Staff were friendly . Users ( 39) had very little problems using project with minimal direction.

Eric Zk

Very User Friendly

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Ease of use and track-ability on subject line options. The ease of use is the best, the templates for all the holidays and situations rock. It is great how it integrates with our business Facebook also. The tracking features are wonderful, you can see the click rate for each link in the email. The duel subject line option works well. Really like the total package and customer service has helped us every time we needed it. The scheduled sends for future sales or events is a great tool to have.

Kristi Davis

Use What You Know

Reviewed 2018-09-18

We send a weekly email to 40k users and this program has worked for us for the last 8 years. This program was already in use when I joined the company and the learning curve was minimal. It has all the standard templates, contacts, and reports that you would need. Every time I have called customer service, they have been helpful.

Sakis Triantafyllakis

WORST email marketing software provider

Reviewed 2017-04-19

I have been using Campaigner for more than 3 months and my experience started nice and ended awful. They charged me even when I sent them an email to cancel my subscription. They would not refund me claiming that they never received my email (which were messages from their customer support platform). When I sent them screenshots proving to them that I sent the messages and for some unknown reason they didn't receive it they opened a refund request. Initially it would take 3-5 working days. I followed up more than 5 times and after 20 working days they informed me "Your refund request has denied by our Finance Department because you did not call into cancel till 03/21/2017 which was 13 days into your bill cycle. This decision is final." The tone is unprofessional and this is not how to treat a customer especially when you have mistreated him. From their point of view, I should have 1) predicted that they would charge me wrongly, 2) checked my account the next day and 3) called them right away to complain. This is not a company to do business with. I have been in the industry for many years and it's the second time I feel I was scammed. I will be moving to another ESP and find my peace. Hope my experience can help you avoid making the same mistake as me.Ease of use, Free trial

George Mellor

Campaigner is invaluable in regularly reaching out to my customers and prospects.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-12-21

See review...The ability to quickly and efficiently frame and then launch a communication to my customers is an essential element that Campaigner brings to the table that is invaluable. This combined with Campaigner' exceptional reporting capabilities provide me with a comprehensive tool that is usable and effective. In addition, the flexible monthly billing cycle allows me to align my marketing costs with the revenue generating activities that Campaigner aids us in driving. Lastly, the Campaigner platform is provided at a superb price point. Every campaign pays for itself in short order. All told, it is by far the best use of my limited marketing dollars.

Brian Eastcott

It works. It takes some use and practice to become real familiar and proficient.

Reviewed 2018-03-26

It supports key features we need like unsubscribe facility, reporting, etc. It has supported our email communications and campaigns well.

Kelly Madden

Campaigner is a big asset to what I do every day - try to get my business name out.

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Getting my name outEase of use, price, and value for money! The setup, input, and reports are easy to use and very helpful.

Suri Tamna

Excellent product

Reviewed 2016-11-11

Well-structured, well-supported, and fully-featured. Campaigner has a vast set of tools to allow us to customize our emails with personalized information. The reports and analytics are best-in-class. We use this for internal communications in a large (10,000+ employees) company with offices spread across the U.S. I'd recommend taking with a grain of salt reviews from a person (who clearly posted twice) who is too disorganized/lazy to end their free trial. The fact that Campaigner gives s 30-day free trial is, by itself, a really good feature for those trying it out. Just make sure you're not too lazy to cancel if you no longer want the service.Great feature set, easy to learn.

Anonymous

The Campaigner Support team has been very helpful to me and always available.

Reviewed 2018-06-28

I like that it will automatically send out emails every day to whomever is on my list(s) based on criteria.

Marisa Stephens

Good tool for our specific needs, but could be easier to use

Reviewed 2018-06-19

We like the fact that we can send on behalf of our real estate agents and assign each contact to an owner. We have not found another product that can do that.

Shelley Patterson

I like Campaigner and feel its benefits are worth the cost. I would refer others to use it.

Reviewed 2017-12-21

Simplicity.I like the sort and filter features for contacts. The reports are useful and the most features are very easy to use.

Sara Gerardo

Mostly Amazing, but Glitchy

Reviewed 2018-04-10

We saw an increase in deliverability when we sent our emails compared to a prior software.I love the many, many template options. As someone in marketing, it's important to me that my clients' emails aren't boring or repetitive. The customer service is responsive and helpful.

Ryan Pitman

I LOVE Campaigner!

Reviewed 2018-03-22

I use this software for all my email campaigns. It has easy to use templates that make emailing SO EASY!

Carolyn Arnold

Good enough to not shop around for other vendors

Reviewed 2018-05-24

reporting features are easy to access and compare with other emails we send out. That's all i have to say but there's a 100 character min requirement.