All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Campaigner Reviews

Pros

It’s been great and super affordable. I am able to stay in touch with my clients weekly or as often as I want.

Evelyn R.

Read the full review
When I was looking for an email solution for our gallery's customers, I researched ALL the available options. Campaigner's no-frills, affordable solution was perfect.

Brad B.

Read the full review
The benefit of Campaigner (for my company) is that it allowed us to create a plan that suited our needs, for a far more affordable price than the competitors.

Alex M.

Read the full review

Cons

The templates do not work well, there is poor flexibility and the customer support is awful.

Read the full review
Additionally, the email account verification systems are poor, with many, if not most, of the notification emails dropping to spam and resulting in very low participation rates.

Read the full review
Awful and unprofessional customer support, pricing and billing policy, Slow and buggy platform.

Sakis T.

Campaigner works for us!

Use What You Know

We send a weekly email to 40k users and this program has worked for us for the last 8 years.

Pros

This program was already in use when I joined the company and the learning curve was minimal. It has all the standard templates, contacts, and reports that you would need. Every time I have called customer service, they have been helpful.

Cons

Working with the templates can be really finicky. It can be difficult to get it to do what you want at times. It is also not as user friendly as MailChimp, for instance. Their reporting is there but you have to do click more time to get to it and comparing email sends can be annoying the way it's laid out.

Hi Kristi, Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner. We are happy to hear that the platform works well for you and your team. We also appreciate th feedback you provided and have passed it along to our product team. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Brilliant Customer Support. Limited Functionality

Campaigners customer support is in the absolute top-tier. I've been in the customer experience consulting and training business globally for over 20 years, and I can only think of one other company that is their equal. Years ago, we switched away from Campaigner to Survey Monkey. We switched back 8 months later. Survey Monkey's customer service didn't come close. Even though we don't need customer...

Pros

Campaigner is easy to use, and doesn't require a lot of technical knowledge to get started (although it certainly helps). Their technical support team is fantastic, though, unlike most other SAAS. They actually have people you can talk to - and they are consistently awesome. We use it mostly for email marketing. The reporting is great, and everything (except for the 'cons' below) is pretty intuitive.

Cons

Campaigner is missing some critical functionalities that are becoming deal-breakers. Fairly simple things like integrations with Wordpress. One of the biggest gaps is the complete inability to easily create attractive sign-up forms for websites or popups. They have some templates - which are just, well, horrible.

Hello Shaun, I wanted to thank you for your excellent and in-depth feedback. It is really great to know that our product and customer support team has been something that you can rely on. Your feedback with regards to integration is also much appreciated and has been sent up to upper management. Looking forward to serving your email marketing needs in the future, all the best. Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Use of Campaigner after a 1 year break in meetings

Last year and previously I was able to take the template we had developed and use it for our luncheon meeting notices. I think I can now do that again but it was not straightforward. I like Campaigner once I figure it out.

Pros

Keeps track of membership and statistics of who opened the email and clicked one of the links.

Cons

Designing a notice. After a 1 year break, I found the development of a notice aimed more at commercial groups and not technical societies. Trying to reuse a previous notice with edits for the next luncheon talk was not obvious. It used to be easier. The templates are not useful for notice of meeting for a technical society. The help section often leads me on a merry chase looking for information. A series of tutorials would help. I do not look forward to handing my position to a new person this year.

Hello Bob, thank you very much for your detailed feedback. We do hope our new tutorial series and onboarding materials are to your satisfaction. Best regards - Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Much to be desired

We understand Campainer is not just an email program, but they don't seem very interested in our suggestions along the way. It's disappointing that in all these years, there hasn't been any kind of redesign for ease of use. At what we are being charged monthly; we are likely going to shop around and see if there is something better matched for our needs, and priced more competitively.

Pros

We use it for simple email blasts to our neighborhood association. We don't use it for marketing campaigns, so therefore do not have the need for some of the functionality available with Campaigner. For our needs it works.

Cons

Ease of use. It is not intuitive, and they haven't done any kind of software or GUI redesign since we started using it (6+ years ago). Making a template should be a lot easier than it is: Creating and editing templates has a lot of old graphic (frames?) technology that makes for a frustrating experience when trying to line up text blocks with headers, footers and images. Writing an email with attachments...

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking the time to review the platform. We appreciate the feedback you provided in regard to the platform and have passed the feedback on to our product team. If you have any additional issues or questions please feel free to let us know. -The Campaigner Team

Automation and ease of use

Overall, we are extremely satisfied on what this software allows us to do from a campaign standpoint. Our emails are clean and easy to read on mobile devices and on the desktop.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly allowing for drag and drop editiong or html editor features make Campaigner a breeze to work with. In addition, being able to automate an email to go out weekly, or every two weeks, three weeks or four weeks is a great feature.

Cons

Sometimes Campaigner is caps sensitive with linked documents, which will sever links if you're not careful and unless you pull it into html editor you may not be able to see the severed link in the drag and drop editor to apply changes.

Hello Jason, thank you very much for leaving this great feedback for us. It most definitely helps us to ensure that we keep Campaigner as optimized to your needs as possible. Best regards - Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager.

from Zyxel administer

The product itself is fine, but the support and communication of your inner team is awful. There is once that we are upgraded without informed. After communicating with the sales he said that he would offer the corrected invoice, but even though I wrote mails to ask for the invoice so many times, I can't get the invoice for three month therefore I can't fulfill the payment, and then I am banned for not paying. There is also once that we are informed by the accountant that we didn't pay for two months and if we didn't pay right away we will be banned, but our payment duration is 90days, and it's been two years we followed it. I am blamed for your mistake twice this year and i'm really disappoint of your service.

Pros

easy to use. Cover most function that we need. Drag and drop save a lot of time.

Cons

RWD. UI of administer. The report after importing contacts is terrible. There is only the row number on the report and then i have to check the original mailing list to find the email myself. Sales is difficult to find and inefficient.

Hello Samantha and thanks for your valuable feedback, this certainly does help us to hone in on future updates so that we can ensure you are having the best experience possible. ^CP

Nice service, good features, but has some outdated interfaces

Pros

Is an easy to use product, with the basic features to run email campaigns and do A/B testing. The media library works flawless and lets you organize your files with ease. The email templates are good and can be edited very easily. You have the option to upload your own email template in HTML.

Cons

There are some admin screens where you feel like there's a lack of development in some areas. For example, the login page needs you to connect from the same IP address. If not, you need to call, chat or email support for your new IP to be whitelisted. There are plenty of options they could use like 2FA for keeping the login secure without the need of calling support every time you want to login.

Hello Alvaro and thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I will be sure to forward this information to our dev team. - Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Great product for the price

Overall, it performs just as well as other software out there with a Canadian server. The price is very good.

Pros

-Easy to use -Intuitive -Reports are comprehensive -Contacts are easy to manage -Lists (groups) are easy to manage -Canadian user that needs data to be kept on a Canadian server and campaigner meets that need.

Cons

Sometimes, what you design in drag-drop editor isn't what gets sent out.

Hi Anita, Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and it is great to know that you are getting great use of our product. I would like to look further into the item you raised about the Drag and Drop editor, please follow up with me at your earliest convenience. Best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Easy to use but unreliable results

Pros

I like that was easy to use, in the sense that was intuitive. Setting emails and workflows was not difficult.

Cons

When getting results or reports the numbers were no reliable. I had the feeling that I couldn't trust the numbers. Also there were problems with email duplications that they couldn't solve.

Hello Jhoana, Thank you for your review as your feedback is important to us. I am going to ensure that your information regarding our reporting features is sent to our product/operations team. Best regards, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Campaigner an Average Email Marketing Tool

Used campaigner for one of our e-commerce client, though initially it was good but finally moved to Listrak as it provides better support & features.

Pros

I have used campaigner earlier for Email Marketing campaigns. Though it’s easy to use and set up but limited features. Workflow to send automated emails is one of the best features in this tool. You can create segments easily to send more targeted emails.

Cons

Customer service is not that good, sometimes we also found issues during login. It also never worked well in all browsers. Price is also comparatively high If you compare other tools with similar features.

Hello Chitta Ranjan, I just wanted to thank you for your valuable feedback. The information you have presented here enables us to craft a better SaaS for all of our customers, past, present and future. I am happy to report that much of the cons you have presented have long been addressed. Should you ever wish to use Campaigner again, we would be happy to have you back and show you everything new. Best regards.

Love the Drag & Drop Editor!

Overall, I give Campaigner 5-stars for cusotmer service and email marketing. We appreciate that they continue to develop and improve the software overtime too.

Pros

When Campaigner updated the software to utilize the drag and drop editor it was a game-changer! So easy to design templates for simple or more detailed email campaigns. Campaigner has been the best email marketing software that we've used so far and helps us to automate communications to our patients quickly and effectively. We also have to shout-out Campaigner's responsive customer service and support teams. Whenever we have had any issues with our account, the team is quick to respond and resolve any issue that we are experiencing. Speedy support is hard to come by in the software industry.

Cons

We do experience a lot of issues with the SMTP email relay function, which isn't Campaigner's email software directly but within its portfolio that we pay Campaigner for.

Hello Laura, Thank you very much for your feedback and so happy to hear that you are enjoying the drag and drop email editor! It is also really great to know that our support team has been there to help you when you are in need. We look forward to continuing to serve your email marketing needs for years to come. All the best, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

A little learning curve, but powerful software

We use Campaigner for numerous purposes, including marketing directly to customers, distributing information to vendors and other interested parties, and media outreach. We have found it effective for all of these purposes, especially since it can handle all of these without interfering with the others.

Pros

Ease of managing lists, importing from other sources, handling unsubscribes and reporting. Terrific customer support via chat and telephone.

Cons

Creation WYSIWYG tool can be a little frustrating, as the interface sometimes makes editing difficult (size of the working box inhibits cut-and-paste, moving elements up and down, etc.)

Jerry, Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about our product. I am happy to hear that our list management system is working to your satisfaction and that our customer support has been there to help you. Your feedback about our WYSIWYG editor is also appreciated, I hope that you have had the chance to try our new drag and drop editor. Please let us know if you need anything anytime. Best, Carlos

Design with functionality

We are able to automate a portion of our sales process and reach a lot more possible clients in a short amount of time. We are also able to send visually appealing email campaigns to current clients.

Pros

The reason I chose to use Campaigner over all of the other email marketing software companies is because it allowed me to have the option to fully design the email by writing code, but also gave me the ability to design the email using templates and other built in design tools.

Cons

One thing that I would change is to make sending reoccurring emails to different lists easier. I find that I wind up copying previous emails just so I can assign a new list of recipients.

Hi DJ, Thanks very much for leaving this feedback for Campaigner, it helps us to understand better what your experience has been like and what your needs are. I am happy to hear that our full email editor meets your satisfaction, we wanted to give our users the full freedom of full HTML customization but also have it easy to switch back and forth from the WYSIWYG. In regards to your reoccurring...

Good, but not for beginners

We are an agency and use Campaign to send email broadcasts for out clients.

Pros

The price is probably why my company chose Campaigner.

Cons

Campaigner is not really set up for agencies to manage multiple client accounts. It has improved a bit over the past couple years but still clunky in that I, as the manager of multiple clients, cannot use my email address as the contact for multiple "sub-accounts." I also cannot set up new sub-accounts; I must request this from support and wait for them to do it. We need to move faster than that at times.

Hello Kitty, Thank you very much for your feedback as it gives us valuable insight into your experience with Campaigner. This feedback will be sent to our support and product managers, as we always strive to keep our software as optimized as possible to our valued customers. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Good value for the money

The experience has been more or less good. The times I have needed to contact customer support, they have been amazingly responsive and helpful.

Pros

I prefer the full editor approach to creating our newsletter emails. It makes it easy to copy information from our website to the newsletter. The sending out of draft message is easy, as is the eventual scheduling of the newsletter.

Cons

The count of our current mailing list is not displayed in a useful manner. I believe it is reporting the entire size of the list, not just the number of active subscribers. It makes our list appear much larger than it really is.

Hello Dave and thanks for taking the time to leave this review for us. We would love to work with you on your reporting to ensure the data that you are viewing is as optemized as possible for your needs. Please reach out anytime. - Carlos

Easy to use!

Any time I've had questions or issues with Campaigner, Customer Support has been able to help. Whether it was a temporary power outage that prevented invites from being delivered to providing the domain/ip to prevent invites from being sent to junk mail. Campaigner makes good to deliver on their promises. I don't dread having to reach out to Customer Support because I know Campaigner will help me every time.

Pros

Being able to pull up old invites and using them as a foundation for new projects makes working on Campaigner very easy. The customization options are not limited and allow me to create unique invites and format them based on project specific needs. The reporting tool is extremely helpful and creating internal reports has never been easier with the stats breakdown (i.e. clicked, opened, delivered, etc.). Overall, a great product and much easier to use than other similar platforms.

Cons

I don't always receive test invites. I might get it once in a while but end up always having to send out an actual invite to myself or team member so that I can view what my recipients will see.

Hey Gurpreet, Thanks for this amazing review of Campaigner! Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and helps us to become better. Happy to hear that you like the ease of use and our reporting capabilities. In regards to any delivery concerns, we can definitely address this anytime with our dedicated Postmaster team. Please reach out to us anytime. Best, Carlos

Great if you are sending to unverified lists, but not a great inboxing rate

Overall, we use Campaigner as a "backup" email platform (Hubspot is our primary). Hubspot doesn't allow you to send to emails that haven't opted in to receive communications, so when we have a new list, we use Campaigner. They don't seem to be too concerned about higher bounce or opt-out rates, and won't freeze your account like Hubspot sometimes does.

Pros

Campaigner is easy to use, and allows for storage of a lot of contacts (unlike some other platforms that charge you based on number of contacts, whether you are emailing them or not. They make it easy to segment, design and schedule emails. They also have a great agency feature and let you setup and manage sub-accounts.

Cons

Delivery rate shows as high, but when compared to other platforms we use, open rates are low. This leads me to believe that a lot of emails sent through Campaigner are often delivered to SPAM folders rather than inboxes. Also, they frequently charge us for higher tier packages than we are signed up for, and it takes multiple calls and emails to get it straightened out.

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time. We will definitely review the items you have raised here. All the best, Allison, Content Marketing Manager

Commercial Real Estate

Pros

I like the thought that was put into the little details such as, being able to put in a subject to any email link when linking to an image or text. I appreciate that because our Constant Contact account is very complicated when adding a subject to an email link.

Cons

It's a little complicated to use. I've had multiple issues adding and changing minor things to the blast. Sometimes you add a photo and boom its huge and you have to get in there and minimize it; sometimes you have to minimize the width and not the length. It's not as user friendly as Constant contact. The functionality of constant contact is very straightforward and consistent. For example, if you...

Hi Sheren, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback about your experience with Campaigner. I am very happy to be able to address some of the points that you brought up about ease of design by letting you know about our new Drag and Drop editor with which you will have access to a plethora of templates to select from, but also the ability to customize the size position, etc of everything which is added. The best thing about it, in my opinion, is that each design produced in the Drag and Drop editor is always completely mobile responsive. We would be happy to show you more about it anytime, it is enabled for all accounts. All the best, Carlos

Using campaigner to support our ISP business and more

Using email for marketing and customer support is here to stay. Campaigner makes it easy.

Pros

We use Campaigner exclusively for all support communications with about 300 subscribers to our Internet service at a large marina. We also use it for small business customers that we support with marketing and social media services. Easy to use and we have never had a complete failure.

Cons

The system has all of the features that we need, but the only (minor) issue is occasional "lagging" of website response and occasional apparently incomplete copying of an email campaign - we copy a lot for the purpose of sending the same email to new subscribers as they sign up to our Internet service. Sometimes the "subject line" of an email doesn't want to copy and be recognized as present in the copy.

Hi Ronald, Thank you for this amazing review! Happy to hear that you are having a great overall experience with Campaigner. If you ever want to tell me more about your experience, please feel free to follow up with me. Thanks, Carlos

Hotchkiss Brain Institute review

Overall, I like using Campaigner. I have become more proficient with the software. I am EXTREMELY thankful for the tech support. I always get the help I need and they are professional, quick, and reliable. If the tech support was not as great as it is, I would possibly seek out a different software, due to the spacing/formatting issues that seem to happen in each of my campaigns.

Pros

I like the look of the finished product. It is quite professional looking. And once I got the hang of how to build a newsletter, I really liked it.

Cons

I found it difficult to learn how to best use the product. There tend to be spacing issues (usually too many spaces between articles) that I am unable to adjust and always have to call tech support to fix.

Hello Holly, Thank you for your feedback, its great to hear that you are making good use of Campaigner and that our support staff has been there for you. The other feedback that you have provided will be brought up with out product and development team. Hope that you have a great day, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Great for Small Businesses

I like the software as a whole. We are small so don't use it a lot but it's great to have. The staff that set us up were great to work with.

Pros

Being able to duplicate a previous SEND so I can update it easily instead of recreating. Report are easily viewed. Being able to set the time for the SEND. The ability to SEND a previous email only to those that didn't open the first time. I like the fact that I can see JUST the opt outs and the bounces - both hard and soft.

Cons

Sometimes I want to have a picture to move to a certain spot in the 'page' but it won't go "dead centre" I would like to be able to edit a SENT product to be able to update a typo or date and then RESEND to those that didn't open. If I create a copy, I loose the means to only send to those that didn't open the original - if there is a way I would be interested to know.

Hello Helen, Thank you very much for this feedback, it provides valuable insight into your experience using Campaigner and it is much appreciated. Best regards, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

review

i've used campaign through fire engine red as an end user, as well as a re-seller at platformq education. both experiences have been "meh". it does what we need it to do, but we run into small bugs and quirks that are annoying, the admin screen and the reporting aren't great, and the email templates are difficult to customize. i've had mixed experiences with various members on the customer service team. our old customer service rep was great. since then its been downhill.

Pros

Simple is better, so that makes it easy for non-experienced users to learn.

Cons

The email builder can be buggy sometimes, and I've found dynamic segments to be unreliable.

Hi Jillian, just wanted to reach out to thank you for your review of Campaigner, this kind of feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are constantly working to improve our product to ensure that it meets the standards of our clients such as yourself, and would love the opportunity to discuss your segmentation further to ensure it is as optimized as possible to suit your BU's needs. We have also released new templates in our new Drag and Drop editor which has the ability to create responsive and well-designed emails in minutes. I will be happy to go over these things further with you anytime.

Campaigner makes preparing and distributing emails to large lists simple and fast.

Pros

Creating emails and copying previous formats is easy. Creating lists and segments gives control over who receives your messages. The sorting and categorizing of contacts is easier than in other products that I have tried. Experiments make it easy to test various email formats and reports give insightful feedback.

Cons

I would like notifications when people unsubscribe so I can update my other lists. I would also like an easier way to re-send an email to additional recipients without it creating another email.

Hello Shelley, Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this really nice review for us. Wishing you all the best, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Nice Product

Support has always been great when I've needed them. Thumbs up.

Pros

I like how you can easily add the "openers" to any list. It's easy to export and import. I like that you can use the copy and paste feature to import smaller amount of records, so you don't have to create a csv file. I like the information given in the report.

Cons

I wish there were more templates & plainer templates to choose from when creating a campaign. While creating a campaign, I wish it would show you in the ribbon what font you used and size, etc - just like Word. So this is the area that use some updates for my purposes.

Hello Lee, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review. You may be happy to know about our new Drag & Drop email editor which will have a selection of easy to use and edit edit templates. Best regard, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Review on Campaigner

Very good overall experience. Easy to get in touch with help.

Pros

Easy access to technical support when needed. Easy to send out

Cons

Making sure that ALL people in data base are included in items sent out. Would like to see some short cuts 8. Getting from one part of daily send out to another. Size of photos. Would be good to have an edit that. Hard to resize the number of pixels In photo

Hello Judi, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us. It most certainly is valued as it helps us to continue to deliver a quality service to you. Best regards, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.