Contentful Reviews - Page 2

Contentful localization is the bomb!

Pros

Contentful makes it so easy to localize content and to have a fallback when a translation doesn't exist. We're using this extensively to globalize our content and it's fantastic.

Cons

It would be helpful if Contentful provided a means of accessing rendered pages through a proxy. We had to stand up a separate application for this functionality.

The perfect solution if you're looking for a flexibel CMS for your projects

We choose Contentful for our project after comparing many other CMS solutions , whom all seemed to make the process more complicated rather than easier. Contentful on the other hand is a very flexible, straightforward and easy to implement backend system. It serves your data back in JSON which makes it perfect to connect any kind of frontend, without being limited by any predifined layout or formatting. The CMS interface itself is also very easy to manage. You define your content-types, lay them out exactly how you want them, and, in our case, let the client do the rest. All in all a perfect solution if you're looking for a flexibel and easy to use CMS system, and even more so when working with multiple platforms.

Preferrable for content management

Contentful is a good option for headless CMS. You can create content very fastly even if you don't familiar with coding. It is preferable to build static web sites for small businesses or personal blog.

Pros

It is taking almost a minute to build a sample project. UI is simple that can create and edit your content without drowning in the ugly menus.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long to publish changes that create latency time. Besides, the documentation for API structured complex and not enough.

Content providing for the 21st century

DAU proof of servicing content; GraphQL -> Gatsby & Contentful: just great to work with, maintenance a breeze; quick prototyping; webhooks!

Pros

Ease of use; interconnectibility -> Netlify, Gatsby, GraphQL, etc.

Cons

Please re-think monetization for spaces. For small companies....

A greate headless CMS

We've tried Contentful as a alternative to our custom backends. We ended up going with an open source alternative that was enough for our needs.

Pros

Contentful is a very easy to use solution for managing your content without having to develop a custom backend. It has many moderns features and a nice access control for your data

Cons

Compared to other solutions, it has a poor support for translations and the entry price is too high.

Easy to use and fills all our needs

Pros

Once you get the building blocks and templates in place then anyone can make a landing page.

Cons

I don't have any complaints, they have met all our needs.

CMS for all

For now I almost use Contentful for small and static projet and Contentful provide me the best solution i needed for it.

Pros

Once your projet is set up, all is easy to use and allow user to contribute without IT knowledge. All contents provided are really good for all type of projet.

Cons

I advice to follow some tuto to discover all functionnality because you can get easily lost at the beginning (in term of project creation). Once all is set all become easy.

Satisfied

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use, even for a beginner like me.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say.

Great as a mobile backend for our apps.

Pro: + great API capabilities + cool features for mobile network constrained app experience + fast Con: - Editor could be prettier - App has sometimes glitches in Firefox (Chrome and Safari work fine)

Cons

The web app/UI is currently undergoing a big revision, so stay tuned for a great UX and task completion oriented edior. We will review the Firefox issues. Though our testing so far has shown nothing. MIght also be a plugin issue.

Content with Contentful

Overall my experience has been good. Once I got a rough tutorial I had a pretty good handle of how to use it. There are still aspects I don't know how to use, but of what I do know its pretty fun website creator

Pros

I like how easy and quick it is to use. There are some things that are bit difficult, but for the most part its very simple and a great way to run a website.

Cons

There are aspects that are difficult, and sometimes hard to keep tabs on what is active and hard to back track if something does go wrong

Great productivity product

We've been using this product for a couple of projects now - glad to mention we're a happy customer :) Recommend this to everyone who wants to create a flexible CMS powered web application.

Pros

- Flexibility - Easy to use - Easy to locate content - wide variety of filters and search - Previews and webhooks are ++

Cons

- The product is a bit slow to use - Content State management could be improved - meaning when I delete a linked content, it sometimes leads to unexpected issues

Technically rich, very solid headless CMS.

Helping us build a new platform

Pros

I found Contentful to have strong technical quality, it was easy to get started, and had a pretty quick learning curve. We're going to be integrating it in several upcoming projects.

Cons

It is much better for new projects than for legacy ones, as importing prior content is very painful - there is some tooling for it, but it can still be pretty complex.

Great CMS backend

Very positive overall experience. The product is clearly "enterprise ready"

Pros

Contentful made it really easy to spin up the CMS backend for our mobile app and website for our support staff.

Cons

The product was different that what our product team had worked with before so it took some time to understand all of Contentful's functionality

Good Value

Pros

It has a good balance of cost and features. Their API is feature rich allowing us to extend Contentful and tightly integrate it with our systems.

Cons

There is no true support for branching and merging of content. The 'sandbox' environment is helpful, but we have had to build our own custom scripts and processes to simulate branch and merge.

Review Contentful

I'm enjoying while developing

Pros

Once I integrated contentful in my project, it was really easy to use and I think it's very useful and powerful.

Cons

I used Contentful for my own project. Some parts of the integration were a little bit difficult. Maybe a documentation more easier to understand for the newbies could be great.

This reviewer only left a rating