ContentKing Logo

ContentKing Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.58/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It has been absolutely amazing, customer service is 10/10, everyone is so nice and smart and knows the tool inside and out.
I have had super positive experiences with everyone at ContentKing. They are amazing and really care about the SEO community at large.
Then I realized it gave me an opportunity to show clients changes by tracking those especially for moments when the CMS doesn't show the changes you made. Pretty awesome they just integrated with GSC.
There's only two things missing from this platform, link tracking and rank tracking. These are the only features that other platforms have that ContentKing doesn't.
It kept bugging me with feedback on pages that should'nt even exist in the first place, and on issues that I'd personally ignore at any time.

ContentKing users...

SEO PowerSuite-logocaret
listing-logo

SEO PowerSuite

Screaming Frog SEO Spider-logocaret
listing-logo

Screaming Frog SEO Spider

How would you rate ContentKing?

ContentKing gives us confidence that we have content under control

Better SEO results - organic traffic is the #1 channel for us.

Pros

That we can see the most important things at glance. We have lots of user-generated content as on our site, so there are lots of parts that could break. The email summary and robot.txt check is also very nice - in just a few seconds we know that we can sleep well

Cons

It can be quite complicated to get your head around segment feature and would be nice to have iPhone companion app.

Hi Petr, thank you very much for your kind words! Although we don't have an iPhone app yet, the web app is fully built with usage from mobile devices in mind, so go ahead and give ContentKing a try from your phone.

ContentKing Routinely Saves the Day

Reliability, change tracking, accountability.

Pros

Love ContentKing and the fact that I know it is always up to date. I don't have to schedule crawls or reports, I just log in and get the latest issues and action items and go on my way. With the record keeping/change tracking, it provides a level of clarity that others tools can not.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about CK. I really haven't found anything that has been a hinderance to me.

This is what you absolutely need as an SEO!

Pros

This tool has the ability to find SEO problems before they actually become a problem. It monitors complete websites for changes that have a potential to break it SEO wise. Its a must have tool!

Cons

That they weren't there when I needed them a couple of years ago. Honestly, no complaints about it. They have a great support team, if you have anything you don't like or miss, they think about a solution or fill up the developers backlog.

With ContentKing I can easily resolve SEO issues and work together with clients.

Pros

This software provides quick access to important SEO data of a website, especially regarding on-page indexability issues. Its user experience is a major asset, as it allows you to work very easily with a client or a web agency. Finally, the historical change tracking information is very useful.

Cons

Some link overviews are not yet exportable in Excel format. But at the pace of how the software evolves, it won't be long!

Works out of the box, efficient, clean.

Pros

It saves me so much time, enabling me to get generally more efficient at my job. Further to that it protects my websites by ensuring I am informed with any major changes.

Cons

You have to wait until a page is re-crawled before the changes appear in CK. They do provide tools to mitage this though, plus if you look at any page in CK, it will re-crawl it, so it's really not that big of a deal, plus I don't see a way to solve that.

Such a nice way to learn the details of SEO!

Pros

The dashboard gives a lot of information about the correct use of SEO. Before I used ContentKing I knew what overall SEO was, but I didn't know all the details. ContentKing showed me how many different details play a role in SEO. At the beginning my website scored a mere 700/1,000. Now it scores 986/1,000. My website is really SEO healthy. And that is reflected in the rankings. Great tool!

Cons

Sometimes the issues are a bit too technical to solve... I'm a copywriter [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], not an IT-specialist. But the help desk is always friendly and helpful.

Proactive tool with actionable insights and real time monitoring.

This proactive monitoring tool gives me confidence about a good quality of our websites and saves me a lot of time.

Pros

This tool helps to improve the website SEO and finds issues before they become a problem. It monitors real time our complete website for changes that have a potential to hurt it SEO wise. Some of the errors Contentking found also affected the visitors of our website, so it also helped to give an improved visitor experience. Another pro is the great support team. So, a must have tool!

Cons

Honestly, no complaints. The support team cleared up any issues and listed new feature requests.

Great product for Automated Client Monitoring

Clients make changes to their websites and don't understand the SEO and Commercial implications of their changes so having automated monitoring to flag changes to us charged with maximising their performance is key

Pros

A genuinely useful product for automated monitoring of client websites.

Cons

There are false positive alerts but these can be easily excluded. For example Shopify uses Lets Encrypt SSL Certificates which renew every 60 or 90 days. So each time the renewal is due ContentKing alerts that the cert has nearly expired. This is easily disabled in the admin

Perfect for tracking and troubleshooting on-page issues.

I don't have to make manual report of site changes, I get alerts when developer forgets redirects or changes content. I have easy overview of all pages and can segment them. ...

Pros

It saves me so much time. It also alerts me when issues appear, so we can make sure to fix everything before we see ranking drops. The ContentKing team is also updating this tool on a regular basis, making it better every time.

Cons

There used to be no integration with Google Search Console. But they recently added this feature. Thanks for listening to the community, ContentKing team!

ContentKing has taken away hours of manual monitoring and checks when making development changes.

Pros

Email alerts have taken away the need for any SEO and development worries. If something changes, ContentKing makes sure I know about it.

Cons

There are some specific features I'd like for my situation which aren't yet developed for the app, however I've contacted support and they actually followed up to take a lot of notes and are considering pushing the features out.

Innovative SEO tool for monitoring your content.

Quick alerts of technical and content issues on websites of my clients. Explore pages of my clients in one overview with alle SEO-content elements.

Pros

I really like the alerts you get. For many clients in my portfolio I get alerts of SEO issues; broken links, problems with robots.txt files or sitemap problems. ContentKing helps me to alert my clients quicker than ever. And it's saves me time!

Cons

It would be nice in the future if it would also monitor your rankings on certain pages. Because it saves me times using other SEO tools.

Great insight in the websites of our clients

Pros

ContentKing is a great SEO tool, which is easy to use, realiable and great support. Also your client can get access to work together and you get daily monitoring. In all a great tool for a good price.

Cons

Still in development with regular updates. There is nothing that I have not liked about this software.

Content King gives a very clear insight of what's going on on my website at any time !

Pros

Its reports are very complete and you can customize them to better fit your needs by ignoring some issues (which are not truly important). Also, every time I had the slightest issue and I had contacted the customer support, there were very patient and nice to help me understand what was going on or how could I achieve what I wanted to do. From a UX point of view, the interface is very user-friendly and nice to use. You have a general overview of your website's situation and then you can dig deeper into what matters to you. What I also like is that they keep a history of what has happened on the pages so that you can go back in time and assess the improvements made on a specific page or understand when and why a page started to derail.

Cons

I don't feel really concerned by this section since the team was always willing to help me master Content King and was always very interested in having feedbacks to keep improving the software. Lately, for instance, they released a new function giving you the opportunity to connect your Content King account to your Search Console account to always have a better insight of what's going on with your website.

At First I Was Like What? Then I Was Like "OH!"

Gave me insights on sites in almost real times as well as a list of page changes that I made in a given month to make it easier to report back to clients.

Pros

+ The service. When I first started, the chat box actually had a human that was operating it and they didn't just point me to their not-so-helpful support page (like everyone else). + Seeing Updated Pages - As an agency I thought, ok so it crawls the pages more than once a month, big deal. Then I realized it gave me an opportunity to show clients changes by tracking those especially for moments when the CMS doesn't show the changes you made. + Pretty awesome they just integrated with GSC.

Cons

- It's not immediately easy to see what you could use it for if your not too technical. When I first started using it, I just thought, "what?" why would you need to crawl a site that often, then it dawned on me. - It has the same issues that most of these tools have. There's no actionable intel that it gives you directly. You have to derive it for yourself.

Hi Joshua, thanks for your review! Regarding your point about actionable intel: that's actually what we solve :) Could you share some specific examples of this, so I can look into it and resolve your problems?

I recommend content king 100%

Pros

I really like Content king tool and I recommend it to everyone that wants to monitor 24/7 all changes on the website. It's very useful for website migration, On-content changes, seo meta tags, response codes, and much more!

Cons

they should offer the possibility to integrate more SEO apps

Compliments Google Analytics nicely

Pros

After the initial set up ,ContentKing is great at automating tedious tasks and also following up the progress on a lot of separate projects .I'm especially pleased with how quickly updates are incorporated .

Cons

It is a pricey solution ,but worth it . Also , you have to be very careful not to miss a webpage when adding them manually

Good Program for constant-crawling

The support makes this product outstanding

Pros

Automatic updates and constant automatic crawling / the support

Cons

not being able to set max pages lower than 1000. Not a dealbreaker tho.

A tool makes it possible to follow the health of my sites.

Pros

Lets see all the problems of my sites easily and quickly. Contenking does the work for me, I just have to correct the mistakes. It has become a tool that is mainly used when creating a site or a redesign

Cons

- Updating some pages sometimes takes time. Some pages that no longer exist are not deleted. - I would like to have the loading time of each page. - See pages that have very content (too close), duplicate content - A smartphone app - Video tutorials explaining the various functionalities

What more can I say than 100% customer satisfaction?

Better ranking in Google!

Pros

I receive alerts when there are issues with my website. Also the customersupport is really great for an organization with so many clients

Cons

I gives me a little bit stress to see how much SEO work I still have to do. But maybe that is because I added a lot of websites to ContentKing.

A nice SEO Micro/Macro View with this tool !

Time and efficiency

Pros

ContentKing is an awesome product. The micro/macro view help me very well each day. We can see problems, but also how many pages are affected. By the way, the monitoring part is the core of this seo tool that help me to understand which thing was modified.

Cons

ContentKing is young, so you will not have all of the features you have on the SEO tools market, but each thing are implemented correctly and I prefer to use this product for the monitoring and subtil problems.

Easy to use tool to monitor SEO and content

Pros

Value for money is really high. Multiple crawls per day, so you are notified of issues and updates right away.

Cons

It's a relatively new tool, so there are some minor features that are still in progress. However, the team is very responsive and helpful and updates often.

It was great! the support staff always answered questions promptly.

Pros

Having live updates is key here - often time SEO teams will only be crawling their sites once per month with tools like screaming frog (which is fine I guess) but where ContentKing really smashes it out of the park is with live updates. It automatically tells if something has gone wrong, and if you're doing crawls only on the last day of the month, you may not have noticed for weeks!

Cons

I think it could be priced a little lower for people who are using the smaller subscription limits. It may be hard for people with only 1 or 2 clients to see value in it vs. using cheaper tools.

ContentKing Seemlessly Captures Content Changes

I think the program does an outstanding job of proactively alerting you to issues and problems. For example, if I made some critical error, I know ContentKing will send me an alert. The dashboard is also good for seeing overall trends.

Pros

I often need to go back and see what I changed on a page. The app has a feature called "Tracked Changes" that provides a timeline of important changes such as title, headings, trackers, and meta descriptions. While it doesn't cover all content changes, it's the right amount.

Cons

The program is excellent about sending alerts and then a note when they are fixed. However, I do get alerts about broken links and then, shortly after, a note about them being fixed. I also wish the alert gave more context, such as whether it was an internal or external link.

ContentKing overcame our expectation as an SEO auditing tool

We've planned website migration and were looking for an alternative of on-page crawlers (Screaming Frog etc.), needed something with better UX what works in real-time and not analyzing only once when it's requested. ContentKing met and even overcame our expectation as an SEO auditing tool. Especially its proactive alerting system for changes and problems saved us from a lot of trouble during a big website migration.

Pros

- Alert system for sudden problems with URLs and others important on-page SEO parameters is a huge benefit for big e-commerces. - Possibility to see and check history of changes on the page level whenever we need. - Automatic reports, overviews and filtering options are saving us a lot of time. - App is also very easy to use and has a clear UX.

Cons

We didn't find any major negatives. Just details like that the app is not checking redirects chains, some links overview are not exportable and there is no possibility to have invoices for different companies in one account.

Great tool for managing many SEO projects

Pros

The 24/7 online analysis feature is very useful! It saves a lot of time for me and colleagues, because it saves us from having to manually create certain types of analysis (e.g. broken links, duplicates, etc.). This tool is very user-friendly too, so it can be used by junior SEO/content specialists as well. So I can manage all projects easily.

Cons

I would like to have information on each page if it's really been crawled and indexed. Currently, you can only find out if it's indexable. But from a good source I know ContenKing is working on this :)