ConvertKit Reviews - Page 3

Sanna S.

Law Practice, self-employed

Love love love!!

Super easy to use!

Pros

I've been using Convertkit for a few years now and just couldn't be happier!! The software is highly flexible to automate my email delivery to a level that makes my new client intake so easy and effortless. Readers still believe I am writing to them personally... ;-) Some think it's spooky how "I just read their minds"... heh...

Cons

The only thing that could be improved but which would be nice to fix is that if I title the email Dear "subscriber", the email itself shows the subscriber's first name but the preview option of the email shows <subscriber's first name>... Kind a looses credibility in these cases. But I came round this problem by not addressing readers by their first name...

ME

Mike E.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

One of the best email softwares for newsletters

Excellent!

Pros

This software nails it down for what founders and small businesses need for effective newsletters. Not only was it incredibly easy to get started and set up, the templates and education provided by the founder was very useful. One of the best email softwares I have used.

Cons

I have nothing much to criticize about the software.

MT

Michiyo T.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Industry-leading deliverability is true

I am happy with Convertkit. It is easy to use, and I like its landing page templates.

Pros

I have used several different e-mail marketing platforms besides Convertkit and so far, I am impressed with their deliverability. The open rate is higher with Convertkit than the ones with other platforms. They also have blog articles, tutorial/webinars and how-to guides. Those are very helpful for people who are not familiar with e-mail marketing yet.

Cons

They have a free plan but you can not use the "Automated funnels & sequences" feature with the free plan. I wish they had more features for the free plan.

AF

Amy F.

E-Learning, self-employed

Lots of quirks, customer service is awful

Overall, it's an ok tool. A lot of the glitches have cost me money (i.e. sending coupons to my list and excluding purchasers... only to find out prior purchasers still received the email). I've had requests for "discounts" from people who have received these emails after purchasing a product at full price. They are not happy. When people get stuck in sequences they go "cold"... then I end up sending...

Pros

I like the features this has - the visual automations are great. It gives you the ability to customize how your subscribers will go through your funnel. The forms are easy to create relatively easy to set up.

Cons

The system is really quirky. I often times get people "stuck" in my funnel where they opt out of a sequence and then are just sitting in an automation. It gets really frustrating trying to troubleshoot all of the scenarios and errors that can happen. Overly complex to deal with. I've noticed that certain things that should just work need special attention... like moving to the next part of an automation...

Ismaël Huberson C.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Convertkit

Pros

Convertkit is a powerful email manager and landing page creator. It helps me a lot to automate my tasks.

Cons

I love working with Convertkit, it is a real asset for my business.

TS

Tyneisha S.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Great Automation Email Software, But Expensive

I've been able to monetize my email list with ConvertKit and that's helped to aid in my growth.

Pros

I needed an easy to use email software that could provide automation so I signed up for ConvertKit and have been very impressed so far. My favorite thing is the layout and organization structure that allows me to compartmentalize my lists.

Cons

Even though it is very feature rich, I do find the basic plan to still be somewhat too expensive. Maybe if I had a larger list I could better justify the price.

SR

Sharon R.

Media Production, self-employed

Will Convertkit Work For Me

It's been great because I moved with a plan in place to create a system that I wanted and was organized.

Pros

It is reasonably easy to set up, you do need some guidance as to the wording used but it works most of the time and that's what's important.

Cons

The optin boxes and landing pages need some work.

AP

Abhiraj P.

The Best solution for your Email Magement

Pros

I love its ease of use. Love their tagging feature - you basically have just one list but every user in the list can be tagged several times. That makes the list management very easy. With the creator pro they have extra features like changing a link within a mail after we have sent it.

Cons

Nothing really. I love it! It takes time to understand terminology for a few specific things..like they have "tag's and "segments" as well as "products"...maybe would have been even simpler to just have the "tags".

JudyAnn L.

Online Media, self-employed

A service that can grow with my business

ConvertKit has excellent support and guidance. It is interesting to receive regular emails from them with suggestions, recommendations and guidance for building my email business successfully. There are workshops for the same purposes. There is a two week trial. People wanting to test the program should be prepared with a plan and some content before signing up. It is amazing how fast two weeks can go. I did a two week trial, but didn't sign up right away. The second go-round, I was committed and followed through. I felt there were more features available to me after commitment even though I had two weeks for trial again. My feeling after the first trial was not really enthusiastic

Pros

ConvertKit came highly recommended from people whom I respect, including the people at Copyblogger. The forms are simple, but attractive.

Cons

There is a small learning curve that feels a lot longer!

Amber R.

E-Learning, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Smooth and easy to use

Overall I had a wonderful experience using ConvertKit, it was just too expensive for my small operation.

Pros

I love how intuitive and easy to use ConvertKit is. There is almost no learning curve, it's very easy to understand. I was able to create an email course in half the time it took on another service.

Cons

I decided to end my account with ConvertKit because it was too expensive and complicated for my simple needs. I wish that they had a more affordable option with simpler features.

HW

Hailey W.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great for Email Marketing

ConvertKit is allowing me to learn about email marketing at my own pace with helpful resources and tools to start and grow my email list.

Pros

I'm new to email marketing so I like that ConvertKit offers a free version for your first 1000 subscribers. This makes it easier to test them out and learn more about starting, growing, and marketing to your subscriber list. They have pre-made email templates or you can create your own. You can customize colours, etc. to match your branding. You can also tag subscribers to control what emails you send them. You can keep track of where your subscribers signed up as well which is helpful to know.

Cons

Nothing so far but I'm still a relatively new user so I haven't tested out all of the features, etc. available.

Favour N.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A simple business automation software

If you're a startup business without much capital but you're looking for a business automation software, I would recommend this software to you, it's easy to use, not expensive and it does exactly what it is meant for. This is a very nice and uncomplicated software.

Pros

The first thing I like about this software is the landing templates, it has very nice templates and I like the fact that there are various templates to choose from.The second thing I like about this software is the ease of use, the interface is very easy to navigate.Third thing I like about this software is the fact that it's not too expensive, I also like the fact that the free plan is limited to very few features.I like the email campaign feature, I like how there a different email template to choose from and I like the fact that the email template are easy to operate.

Cons

It has an easy to use interface but I don't like how some features are not so visible which could make it unknown to people that the features exist in the software

ZV

Zephyr V.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Excellent email service

I use Convertkit to manage subscribers. It’s really easy to track your subscribers and send emails and create funnels. I think Convertkit is one of the best email services out there

Pros

One of my favorite things about Convertkit is their customer service. They are always so helpful and respond super fast. They also put on a lot of webinars which is really cool. Convertkit is easy to use and has a lot of cool features that makes sending and managing emails simple. They also have a lot of customization features.

Cons

Convertkit is pretty expensive. Yes you get a lot of great features but it’s still pricey. I purchased a year long plan during a Black Friday sale and even then it’s quite pricey.

Sushant K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great no-code tool to manage subscribers

Overall it does a great job of quickly getting started with building an audience and delivering value. Still, after a certain point, it gets expensive if you are not monetising your audience. I also feel reporting, and email automation can be improved as well.

Pros

Entire newsletter subscription management is effortless with Convertkit. The landing page can be customised according to brand, with an email form deployed in less than an hour is remarkable. I also felt the overall delivery rate is much better than Mailchimp.

Cons

List management and email automation can be improved a bit. Sometimes I have to go to other tools like ActiveCampaigns just because their automation is much better. Reporting can be improved as well.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Liked it from the start, pricing could be restructured

I moved to ConverKit from aWeber and I also tested a few others. ConverKit wins, mostly because of good user experience solutions.

Pros

Convertkit is easy to use and has the features other autoresponders lacked or failed to implement them properly. You can tag subscribers here and send emails based on different conditions which will automatically apply. The other great benefit is that you don't pay for subscribers/emails that stopped opening emails and basically are "ghosts", and you don't pay for those that are unsubscribed but remained in database. Third good thing is that they are constantly working on implementing small new things or improving the tool by adding features, while competition does not change much in their solutions.

Cons

I would like the pricing to be structured differently. Just a 10% lower would make big difference when comparing to competition. Then it would be 'more for the same price'. They offer discounted yearly subscription so that's something. If your list doesn't earn you much it won't pay for costly membership.

Candace C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

My favorite email software

I use Convertkit to create forms to capture emails, email my list, and automate sequences in my business. I love that convertkit integrates with so many other tools for my business, such as leadpages and acuity.

Pros

Convertkit is so powerful that I am still learning its capabilities three years later. I can easily manage and grow my email list, and segmenting my audience makes it easier to send the right emails to the right people.

Cons

There can be a steep learning curve. However, help is somewhat useful.

Josey S.

Hospitality, self-employed

Great way to automate

Pros

Convert kit is a great next step for those looking to take email marketing serious. It is easy to step up and manage and offers excellent education and help center tips.

Cons

While it is an upgrade it isn’t as advance as other more robust email marketing systems. Think of it as the middle step.

LS

Leigh S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

I don't know why people recommend this software - their generous affiliates program perhaps?

I have more problems with convertkit than anything else on my website, the source of all my issues have been convertkit! It's cheap compared to what's out there, but there is a reason for this. I'm now going to infusionsoft, which im sure, my commitment of their monthly priceplan will speak volumes for how poor conertkit has been.

Pros

It's easy to write emails and develop an email funnel.

Cons

the implimentation is dire, it's like a beta release all the time. the forms aren't as responsive as they so claim, things look good on their page and then on preview, but when published, you really have to tinker with them to make them work. Their worpdress plugin was prompting 'malware' warnings on my site with Avast, the first time I had to contact their help desk, and they were more concerned about...

Great features at a great price

Convertkit compiles all my email addresses for various interests. I don't know how I'd do this without an email service provider software. It helps me organize my email lists so I don't email out information to the wrong people/list.

Pros

Pricing is key with email service providers. I like how convertkit charges based on the number of subscribers you have. Also, they have the ability to get very granular and automated with your marketing campaigns using tags, forms, sequences, and automation.

Cons

Most email service provider software takes a while to learn. Learning how use convertkit took me longer than I'd like to admit, and I'm still learning how I can use it for my needs. They have training and there are consultants available, I just wish it would be a little easier to learn.

Louise B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Always recommending this to my clients!

I always recommend Convertkit to members of my community, so its a positive experience from me.

Pros

This is such great software for emailmarketing - I can create email sequences, challenges, tag my sign-ups on different categories, see who has opened my emails and so much more.

Cons

Very little! I think the landing pages feature could do with some improvement.

CR

Craig R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

An exceptional email marketing platform!

In the short time I have been using converkit I have already seen growth in my mailing list. I have also found that the ease of creating automations has helped save me time!

Pros

Convertkit has incredible customer service, a unique easy to understand interface (the visual builder) and is very good value for money!

Cons

During my short time or using the product I have yet to find a negative element.

Warren S.

Internet, self-employed

A Quality Mailing List Service Offering

I have a client who moved through several mailing lists platforms before landing with ConvertKit and she's stuck with them ever since. We use the platform for blog subscriptions, online courses, and other special email series. It works well, it's easy to navigate, and easy to implement on web pages. It also integrates with many other online services (we recently connected it to Teachable).

Pros

I like how ConvertKit separates the different functions of the platform - Subscribers, Automations, Landing Pages/Forms, Sequences, Broadcasts. This makes it easier to create these pieces independent of each other and connect them with the processes you need them for. The interface is clean and visual. I like the way the email sequences work.

Cons

I don't like how ConvertKit handles subscribers. The platform provides plenty of data on what the subscribers has been exposed to within your processes, but not a lot of data about the subscriber herself. It would be nice to be able to edit or delete subscriber activities without having to delete the subscriber's profile.

Rohit L.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Simple Yet Powerful EMail Marketing Software

Pros

I have used Mailchimp, Aweber and Sendy before moving to Convertkit. The deliverability is most awesome thing about Convertkit. Having an option to setup custom domain (for sending) which they do on your behalf makes it standout. For a marketer, deliverability is the most important thing and they offer it. Customer Support is superb. I had few issues while on-boarding like importing and setting up which they resolved quickly. Feature-wise they recently implemented workflows and other fancy features but I was and I am happy with their offerings. Straightforward, simple and does what it says.

Cons

It's quite expensive compared to any other similar services. Nothing much. I do simple text based broadcast, auto-respond on purchase and lead followups which do not require WYSISYG email editor. So, I am happy with it.

Jacob S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Converkit is the best email software out there.

I really like using Convertkit even with the limitations. It's UI is so good that I've continued to use it even with other more robust tools available.

Pros

I love the interface and how easy it is to create great sequences. The customer support and guides are incredibly useful and add value beyond the product itself. Convertkit is a joy to work with on a daily basis and it makes other email software feel clunky in comparison.

Cons

Convertkit does a few things incredibly well at the expense of several features. It doesn't give URL tracking and tagging like other CRM Autoresponders do and this would be a great feature.

Jeff S.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Best Marketing Software after testing many others

Pros

It is clear what is going on, which is rare in email marketing software. The best part is the email sequence page that allows you to edit all of the emails from the same spot without having to load and click around to view other emails.

Cons

One time it deleted an email I wrote. This happened because I had the same page open in two windows and I deleted an email, but it chose the wrong one to delete. Just work in one window and you will be fine.