Critical Mention Reviews

4.6/5 (5 reviews)

Stacy Jones

Critical Mention Helps Makes Our Press Even More Newsworthy

Reviewed 2019-07-09

Our agency went viral - literally viral around the world - due to our ability to quickly share detailed metrics during several media outlet interviews. The data is easy to pull, and the reports are customizable for client needs.

Pros
Critical Mention allows us to stay up-to-the-very-minute (literally) of media mentions of our agency and our clients. Often when we do a PR interview, Critical Mention lets us know it is live before the reporter has had a chance to email us. It also provides the metrics we need for clients to be able to showcase overall impressions and media value, while allowing us to remove clutter nonsense that is repetitive and not relevant for tracking needs. We use the software more so for tracking TV coverage for clients as we do product placement for brands as part of our agency services. Critical Mention allows us to review content without having to have a massively extensive (with heavy upkeep) monster of a DVR system in place.

Cons
The social media analytics still have some room to improve, and the maximum you can search for mentions is 60 days - so you need to stay on top of reporting and not use it for competitive research unless you have forethought to plan and download those reports on a continuous basis.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Anonymous

Best software I've used for clips

Reviewed 2019-10-24

Highly recommend – it's much easier than any other similar software I've used.

Pros
The UI/UX is definitely what sets Critical Mention apart. It's very easy to use, setup custom searches and alerts, and trim clips.

Cons
We've had a few issues with specific networks in the past, but that's broader issue with networks and not specifically with Critical Mention.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Marie Petro

Reporting is quick

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
Reporting is quick and easy. This is something that I've needed for a while with my social media management position. I also am able to gather useful data to better target my audience. The implementation process was also pretty quick and easy.

Cons
It is a bit time consuming and cumbersome to use. There is still a lot of updating that would benefit this software as it evolves.