Canto Reviews - Page 5

Canto DAM

Overall we are very happy with our choice to use Canto. We built a custom integration for displaying client assets on our storefront and we use it to store our company branding assets and product photography.

Pros

The DAM is easy to setup and manage. The user portal is fast with a responsive layout. I reviewed and tested a bunch of DAM solutions before recommending Canto for our company.

Cons

I wish the email notification would allow more branding/customization. It would also be nice to see how much space was used for specific folders.

an outstanding tool

Canto is a very helpful tool which helped us to gather all our digital assets into a dedicated platform, ready to be consulted and used at multiple level within our organizations. During our research for a DAM, we went into various platforms, none had an easy user interface ready to use except Canto. Canto Support team is always ready to fulfill our improvement requests and customized integrations. I would also recommend Canto for his value for money, extremely competitive and for the multiple platform integrations such as with Adobe, Office, Sitecore.

Pros

Canto Support team is always ready to fulfill our improvement requests and customized integrations. Also workspaces are very helpful when you work with your creative agency and you need another step before moving all the new assets into the main library. Value for money.

Cons

Workflow can be improved and project/campaign tool is still to be properly developed.

Low barrier to entry

Pros

Coming from having a ton of digital media but NO digital asset management system beyond disorganized hard drives, Canto provided most of the functions our team needed with low barrier to entry. The highly visual interface helps all of our staff members easily find what they are looking for, and the search functionality as proven pretty accurate and helpful. As we approached our storage limit, we were happy to learn of the cold storage option which let us archive some of our less-used material at a low cost.

Cons

My only complaint is that as we've used up more storage, it seems like Canto is running slower and slower. Not sure what the cause for that is, but I do have to be patient with it these days.

Canto Can Do A Lot!

Overall this is a very powerful asset management tool and we have 100% confidence in it.

Pros

For us, it boils down to ease of use. Our entire company uses this software to view, upload and share content and there is very little need to train employees on its functionality.

Cons

I wish it could help us to identify and remove duplicates more easily. I also wish it was mandatory to include image tags, possibly even a predetermined set of image tags so images can always be saved to the correct location and thus be more easily found/searched for.

Thanks for the review, and the "100% confidence" rating, Andrew!

Advanced and Visual DAM System

It's been a great experience. We are extremely pleased with the system, even if it has taken awhile to get all of our assets in order.

Pros

Canto hit the nail on the head for our company. We really needed a DAM system that was visual, organized and useful for our B2B business. We were in need of meta tag search capability, allowing images to live in many places at once, and a place to store valuable information like descriptions about our assets. Canto does all these and so much more. Canto also has amazing customer service and has always been extremely helpful with answering our questions.

Cons

The mass uploader app did not go over well for us. We uploaded everything in bulk thinking it would be faster but we then had to go back and organize everything, which took an extremely long time. In retrospect, we wish we just uploaded everything in batches so we could have entered all the meta information in at the same time.

Great service for keeping digital media organized

We've had a great experience with Canto. Their customer service is incredible. They are always happy to get on the phone or meet us in person whenever possible to talk us through any challenges we're having or new features we'd like to see. Can't recommend it enough!

Pros

Canto allows our team to contribute photo and video to our archive across multiple locations. As a designer, it is a convenient way for me to organize and curate the best of our images. The search tool is great and has recently integrated smart tagging which I love.

Cons

My only challenge currently is that our previews of the images are not clear as the original, so it's sometimes difficult to assess quality. I have yet to discuss it with the team and I'm sure they will offer a solution when I do.

Best D.A.M. software

I implemented Canto into the design workflow at Honda R&D about 15 years ago to manage our tens of thousands of film and digital files of cars, motorcycles. We needed a secure way to store and retrieve our assets , Cant was the solution.

Pros

Easy to use and very secure. Originals stay in the Vault and are safe from users changes/removal. Key wording and meta data are easy to set up and use.

Cons

Slight learning curve. Some users who are not familiar with DAM systems may has a slow start but do get up and running soon.

Canto All the Way!

We just began working with Canto. This program will be used across our global offices. So far we are highly impressed with the program and the support we have received. The Canto support team is outstanding and has been there for us every step of the way. We are extremely happy with the training for this program and it has been a smooth transition. We look forward to continuing our work with Canto.

Pros

Portals - We have customers and distributors all over the world this portal aspect will help us manage their content they are receiving and eliminate the bottleneck of people across the world having to wait a whole day to hear from us with assets.

Cons

The option to make a single file downloadable or not. We have some highly sensitive files and some we don't want people to be able to download but be able to look at. So it would be nice if we could make a single file not downloadable. They do have other options like terms of use or watermarks but it be nice if that was a feature. You could do this but only in bulk, so you'd have to make all files not downloadable.

Easy To Use Brand Asset Manager

Overall, I highly recommend Canto for brands with little to a lot of clients and co-workers needing access. Canto makes it super easy to upload, transfer, download, and arrange content. Their tagging features make it super easy to search exactly what you're looking for.

Pros

Canto is super user friendly and easy to use. I have clients all over the board that are good with technology, and some that aren't. Canto is very easy to navigate, select specific permission views, and create separate portals. I love all the capabilities for sharing, saving, and organizing our brand assets.

Cons

There may be some features that are limited, such as one place for various users to upload content without other users viewing it. You have to create separate links per user.

Customizable DAM

It simply does what I need it to do and when I need help, they are always quick at Canto to resolve my trouble or help me discover a solution.

Pros

We use this to offer a DAM to our client. We maintain all of their assets and this allows them to have access to the resources we have organized and optimized for them. One of the features I enjoy is the custom client facing portal that is branded for the specific client, while maintaining a separate branded portal for internal use.

Cons

It can be difficult to keep it maintained. That being said, new features like Google Drive sync is making great progress in making this a flawless system. Once all of it is completed, I will never need to upload files to it again as anything I save to the Drive will automatically load into Canto!

Thank you for this review, Michael! We are always working to make the Canto experience even better for our users, and the Google Drive integration is one recent way we've improved the system.

Crucial Higher Ed Resource

Pros

The ease of sharing, distribution, and organizing images amongst team members and non-team members has greatly increased the efficiency of our photo sharing. I would be hard pressed to imagine ever going back to a time when we didn't use Canto for our image storage and organizational needs.

Cons

Downloading single, a selection, or all images in a shared gallery link is not intuitive for individuals who do not use Canto on a daily basis. Some icons (download, select all, etc) are small and not easily found for a new user.

A big fan

Our images were all over the institution on different computers, on the main drive, on flash drives, etc. Each dept had their own pictures and our designers could not get a sense of what assets we really had. Canto Flight puts it all in once place where we (in Marketing) can control what institutional images are used and how.

Pros

It is a robust, well-thought-out tool with a lot of bells and whistles for the money.

Cons

Nothing. I like all of it. When I have had any issues, they have been quick to fix or walk me though them.

A huge asset

We got this software just in time for us to all be working from home. It's helping me push assets out to the rest of campus, as their need for digital materials has increased overnight. So far all of our users are using it with ease. Customer care executive [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great in answering all our questions and getting us where we need to be in good timing.

Pros

All the millions of features we can set up on the admin end to get what we need from contributors, and to create an easy experience for our users.

Cons

There are quite a few things that I feel like I should be able to do on-the-spot, but you have to go to some other place within Canto to achieve it (usually settings). Would love to see some of that streamlined, but I don't develop software - so I don't know how easy or possible that would actually be. It feels a bit like the Adobe add-on is kind of a secondary priority, could use a bit more support and information about that, and the instructions could be more detailed.

Hi Regina! We appreciate you taking the time to review Canto. Thanks for the feedback about your workflow. We always want to improve the experience for our customers. Your account manager will be reaching out to go over the Adobe integration!

Feedback

Pros

-A centralized location to easily access DAM

Cons

-As a non tech person, I feel like I am not using its functionality to the fullest

We appreciate your review, Maria! Your account manager will email you soon to discuss features so you can get the most out of Canto.

Canto Rocks!

Fantastic asset management tool for photos, videos, PPT's, Word, pretty much anything you can throw at it. They have many add-ons that introduce a higher level of digital access management software. Navigation on the site is simple but effective, especially for those using it that may not be as computer savy. Love it!

Pros

Very easy to use and setup. Navigation is simple, as administrator functionality is easy and simple.

Cons

Needs more functionality when setting up the Style Guide, in particular working with process and spot colours.

Canto was the solution we needed.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase of Canto. It has provided a centralized location for our global assets that were previously dumped into silos of imagery all of the world. We can now store them knowing they are protected and easy to use.

Pros

After researching several DAM systems, Canto provided the features we needed withing the price range we wanted. Loading assets is easy and straightforward and our end users find the interface familiar and friendly without much training required.

Cons

I wish the internal approval process was a big smoother.

We appreciate your review, Beth!

We use Canto to house all of our publishing PDFs and Image Catalogs for the past 10 years.

Ease of use and ability to customize.

Pros

We like the customer service, the stability of the product and our ability to customize it to fit our ever-changing needs as a company. Canto grows with us instead of us "outgrowing" the product.

Cons

We have noticed some features that we have used disappear with new updates and we would like to be made more aware of what changes will happen with new updates. Half of our company also uses the web version of Canto and we would like to see the features of SITES improve to mirror the benefits we see with the native client.

Canto Photo library

Pros

Good consumer experience with the platform, Easy to use and great webinars that explain the last updates of the software

Cons

slow sometimes but it is getting better with the new updates.

Canto is one of the best tools in my business!

As a business that relies on visuals, having collateral at our fingertips of our pieces in use is invaluable.

Pros

I love that Canto makes it easy to store, search, and manage our digital collateral. This streamlines so many of our tasks when it comes to sales, marketing, and administrative tasks!

Cons

Nothing! Works great for us... in fact, when we recently had our renewal meeting, we mostly talked about how we utilize the software in our company and how it has improved our processes!

We appreciate the feedback, Morgan! We know streamlining tasks is important, and it's great to know that Canto is helping you do just that.

Canto can do it all when it comes to digital asset management and really shines in asset searching

Centralized assets storage and sharing.

Pros

Meta tagging is excellent and functions on a deep level. Fully customizable meta templates allow for different asset sets to have specific identification if desired. Search is fast and extremely accurate.

Cons

Expensive for the base offering and even more expensive to customize. Unless you have a dedicated systems administrator and software engineer on your staff you will need to pay a lot to customize this from it's "out of the box" initial setup. Plan for long term uses when Canto does the intial launch.

Canto is an easy to use, powerful organizational tool.

Pros

The customizable catalog settings is my favorite part of Canto. These preferences are easy to use, very customizable, and span all of my cataloging needs. It allows Canto to grow with our business needs. It's also endlessly helpful to have many different record views, and also the ability to send collection links.

Cons

The reporting tools with Canto could use improvement. They're not totally trustworthy for more complex searching and reporting, so we'll usually need to use external tools. For basic reporting they work OK.

We have been using Canto since 2008 for the Image Bank of the Federal Mexico Tourism Board,

Easy of use, stable, intuitive, good UI, can convert photos to many resolutions and formats, can configure user rights, easy to configure fields and views.

Pros

It´s easy to use, intuitive and have an excellent UI, I like very much that it can convert the files to many resolutions and formats on the fly , we only need one version and Canto convert it to as many resolutions as we need and also can be edited before download.

Cons

I would like to have Portals with more features like Sites, like maps, and more help information on how to configure this web app.

CANTO DAMS

Pros

- User experience - Functionalities - Easy to use - Integration

Cons

3D Asset management, it's very limited in dedicated functionalities.

Have your images served up quick!

Having a centralized image gallery for our organization is fantastic!

Pros

The simple design and intuitive interface of Canto makes archiving and retrieving images or other documents quick and easy. When onboarding images, take the time to properly tag everything so finding specific photos later on will be easy. Once you begin typing a tag into the search filter, images will begin to quickly populate the desktop are of Canto's user interface. Despite being an online archive, thumbnails appear faster than if I were simply browsing my PC using Windows Explorer!

Cons

It can be a little slow to upload or file away images when onboarding. Also, when organizing folders or albums the software occasionally gets hung up and displays an error message which tells you files are still moving in the background but you may continue to work. If you go back later to check on things, all data eventually gets placed exactly where you intended so it's just a matter of waiting for them to appear where they're supposed to be.

Canto is a great mid-range enterprise DAM solution straight out of the box and easy to use.

Pros

It's a tool that's easy to learn and administer from both an admin and user perspective. It supports a wide range of file formats and is simple to configure for automated tasks, metadata templates and user permissions.

Cons

Their end-user interface has changed quite a bit in recent iterations and eliminated key functionalities. The company appears responsive to client needs, however, and seemingly addressing these issues in later updates. Also, their reporting/analytics functionalities leave much to be desired.