Canto Reviews - Page 7

Utilizing Canto for Photo Management

Through using Canto, we have eliminated the need for main server storage of all the images and graphics that were originally stored there.

Pros

Canto's search features and tagging are the most essential pieces to easy use. The overall system's rollout across our company has been seamless, as Canto's support team is consistently responsive with questions or concerns.

Cons

When uploading many photos at once, tagging can lag or when going through many photos at once on the application, it can be slow as it processes all the images, graphics, etc.

Thanks for your review, Whitney! So happy to hear that the rollout of Canto was seamless with the help of our support team.

Easy setup and user friendly

Overall Canto is streamlined and easy to use.

Pros

Canto is easy to setup and manage. The platform is user friendly and integrates with multiple platforms.

Cons

It would be nice if administrators could enable furthers restrictions and workflows into the system.

Thank you for reviewing Canto! Depending on which restrictions and workflows you need, administrators may have access to edit. Your account manager will address this with you soon!

Something for Everyone

Pros

Canto has a ton of features and continues to roll them out as they intake customer feedback and use cases. I like that this software is highly customizable and that we get new feature offerings often to simplify our workflow. The user experience is really great.

Cons

The upload times can be really slow sometimes, which is a challenge when trying to upload and tag large batches of assets.

Danielle, we appreciate your feedback! Our customers have a lot of great ideas for the product; we're always open to hearing about them!

We use Canto DAM to archive all our photos from across 13 states

I can provide digital assets to any employee across 13 states as quickly as possible, which helps them do their jobs efficiently too. Coworkers in other states often comment on how quickly we can supply them with dozens of photos for a project

Pros

I like how intuitive the search feature is; our archive is set up to where all keyword associated with any folder a photo is in will be found in a search.

Cons

Currently we are installing the Cumulus Client on each individual computer as needed, so few people have access to the archive. However, this may be an inefficient way it was organized before I started at this org.

Have no

Pros

Personally, I liked the ability to get in and see the meta data and set those keywords to what i needed for my team to search for themselves while they are in the field.

Cons

The software is pretty straight forward as long as you have a good naming conventions and have a structure to your files. Didn't really find a issue.

Thank you for the review, Herman! We're happy to hear that Canto is helping your team be self sufficient.

Easy to use and a great way to share photos or have team members look for what need on their own.

Before Flight team members would request photos and it would take time to find exactly what they needed. With Flight team members can search through the photos themselves and discover images they didn't even know we had making them even happier!

Pros

Flight is easy to use and has many options for all levels of use. We were able to quickly upload thousands of photos, plus organize and tag them so in the future we can locate what we need quickly. Another wonderful feature if you are looking for a large number of photos is to save what you like to a custom folder and download them all at once.

Cons

Wish Flight had facial recognition for tagging. We have thousands of photos to tag and this feature could help identify people and save hours and hours of time.

Canto saving us hours!

been great - they give you a lot of opportunities to learn the system. Regular check ins. The help on the screen is great too.

Pros

We used an onsite hard drive system that was fine with people in the office but with them not, it was a mess. Plus, we used no special labeling system...so finding anything was a bear! This has changed our work flow and load. Items are easily found and integrated to Adobe.

Cons

Nothing yet. Do wish it allowed for mark ups on a pdf/online version

Brooke, thank you for your review! So happy to hear that the Canto Adobe integration is helpful.

The software is easy to use, but sometimes Canto gets down for some time.

Share, organize and select files easy. Set metadatas, informations and tags for different file types.

Pros

Its a pleasure to create and share own collections. Organizing Files is a easy and set tags, informations and other metadata to eassily find and select files such for licence relevant use or other cases.

Cons

Sometimes Canto is down and not that stable. The longest time in the last month was something about 30-45 min. Before that we had the servers down for like 1 - 1 1/2 days. I work with a graphicdablet and the right click and scrolling doesnt work well with Canto.. sometimes.

Fantastic product for image library sorting and tagging

We handle a LOT of photos year over year and need to to be able to pull up specific images wuickly. this tool has saved us HOURS of digging through photo archives.

Pros

The sorting and tagging functions for our photos are extremely useful. They also allow us to very quickly collect images of a certain type and share them with someone outside our core team.

Cons

Honestly i don't have much to complain about. I suppose i wish there were some more affordable options for smaller businesses or personal use - but for our organization it's certainly worth the money.

Easy to use DAM with many great features!

It makes finding and grabbing images and assets really easy. I use it daily.

Pros

It is easy for our hotels to use and source their images. I love the portal feature and I am just diving into the brand templates, which I am super excited for.

Cons

It was a ton of work to move everything over, to be honest. I was the only person working on this and because the file names that came through form our old DAM were just numbers, I had to go in and change the name of every photo. I don't love how the brand guidelines section doesn't have colour for Pantone, and independent RGB vs CMYK. They always seem to convert to RGB although their values are different. This does not allow me to use this feature, as I cannot share out to the hotels improper colours for brand guidelines.

Thanks for your review of Canto, Jennifer! I will send your feedback about color options for brand guidelines to your account manager and you will hear from them soon.

Canto Creates Efficiencies with Team

Canto was an easy choice for our DAM software considering its intuitive interface, customizability, and excellent customer service.

Pros

It's ease of use to upload as a content creator and to search for and use content as a brand manager.

Cons

I wouldn't mind a quick download option of the file as is.

Thank you for your review, Haley! Your account manager will be contacting you soon to discuss downloading options in Canto.

Makes storing and sharing files easy!

I never realized how much time I wasted having to find sharing links or downloading files to then go email to others until I started using Canto and didn't have to do that anymore. Plus, being able to search on tags and keywords means that I don't have to remember a file name to be able to find it.

Pros

Canto is easy to learn and quick to use daily. With files and albums, everything stays organized. Tags and keywords makes searching for a file quick and easy. Plus, sharing files doesn't require others to have a Canto login and doesn't require me to download the file to send in an email.

Cons

Getting used to the keywords and tags when searching takes a little time, but once you start using it daily, it becomes a breeze.

Chosen against others for Visual Library, Easy Search, and overall UX

We're a new customer (1 mo), and so far, are really excited about the simplicity of the tool, some of the automatic tagging, the photo recognition features, and the ease of searching for assets that you need.

Pros

Loved the UX, easy search capabilities, automatic tagging, and visual library

Cons

Doesn't appear to be coded for Mac retina screens (words/things feel slightly pixelated), so that makes the app appear slightly lower quality to me. The albums/folders structure is a little confusing, but their team helps onboard you through it.

Canto Review

Overall Canto is a great product. The portals make it easy to share photos with certain audiences while controlling the content.

Pros

We love that this software implements facial recognition. This is very important for our usage as we need to be able to just type someone's name and get all their results for marketing purposes.

Cons

Why can't I right click - such an easy thing to implement ...

DAM(N) GOOD

The system is great, but I do recommend giving yourself ample time to set up the system in a way that works best for your team. There are plenty of settings that make it easier to tag, organize, and locate items across the system, but it's important that the organization is able to work through what best suits THEIR users. It can feel a confusing and like you're being pulled multiple ways to organize, so I think the team has to have a clear idea and Canto needs to work with those understandings in training.

Pros

Our team is really satisfied with how intuitive it is to use, especially with the flexibility our teams need across the state. Something that is quite underrated is how often updates are rolled out! Canto really values the feedback and questions that the users have. We no longer have to worry about our DAM system becoming outdated.

Cons

It does take some getting used to. With the amount of options, it can be intimidating to begin toggling with settings, in fear that you'll change something that will then mess up an organizational process or user.

Well suited scenarios such as sharing graphic, design, or media files

It's being used by the whole organization. Not only does our home office use it internally, we also provide the access to our franchisees so they can look up marketing materials that best address their needs. It's most convenient when it comes to different marketing campaigns since all the items could be categorized and sorted by folders.

Pros

Pros: Easy to sort and find through folders and search box The left sidebar is convenient to navigate Convenient to share the URL to external users

Cons

Cons: The loading time tends to take long The horizontal banner images take up lots of display space Sometimes the preview function were not working on certain file types

Thank you for the review, Sean! We're glad to hear that Canto is giving your whole organization access to marketing materials.

Simple Solution

Pros

The biggest draw to this software was the ability to create "dropbox" folders for my field personnel. They don't need to be registered users, but allows my team to gather photos from our projects easily. Not only are we able to gather the photos quicker, but we can also capture important details of the photos. This, combined with the metadata features and excellent search capabilities, has significantly improved our photo database. Furthermore, the integration with Adobe products streamlines our workflows.

Cons

The hardest part of this software is the migration aspect. Our previous photo database was quite extensive. Even using the Advanced Uploader is still fairly time-consuming. I do wish there was an easier way to migrate large quantities of photos.

Thanks for your review, Victoria! Very glad to hear that the Adobe integration is streamlining workflows for your team!

Great For File Share and Storage

Overall great experience. Our company has adapted well to it and uses it daily for marketing purposes as well as to showcase our work to our current clients.

Pros

Pros: Easy to use Easy to share files Great to use with clients Easy to use with remote employees for creative

Cons

No useable phone app Expensive addition Slow upload via mobile device with larger files

Saved us from our server!

Pros

We started using Canto as an option to share within our company so that everyone had access to pull assets. Prior to Canto we had 1-2 people that could actually find pieces within our server so they spend a ton of time just finding things for people, with Canto in place and all of the metadata features they're able to find what they need most of the time and have freed up those other people to work on bigger processes and pieces within the company that showing impact versus spending so much of their time digging to find assets for others.

Cons

We have yet to find anything that we would change about Canto - it's truly been a time saver for us.

Decent product, but would like something better

Overall, our experience with Canto has been decent. I wish they would add the ability to geotag any photo with location info manually. We'll probably switch to a different provider in the next few years if Canto doesn't update and adapt more quickly.

Pros

I like having one space for all our photos and being able to share those photos with partners by inviting them to create an account on our platform. It's significantly easier than needing to communicate with 10+ marketing managers every time they need something.

Cons

Our information changes relatively often so needing to reupload documents all the time is time consuming and exhausting. I wish edits in real time were possible in a format similar to Nuclino. Also frustrating that the content of documents can't be searched for. Additionally, the Geotag feature is amazing, but only if you have your location preset into the camera's metadata - you can't add in locations later which is extremely frustrating and wouldn't be a difficult feature for Canto to add since they already have the infrastructure.

We appreciate this feedback, Briana. I'll send your notes over to our product team!

Canto Is My New Favorite Asset

Being able to locate the pictures in one spot so they don't have to be stored on an external hard drive.

Pros

The ease of searching and storing images. We upload thousands of pictures a week with different content, and Canto's software lets us tag and order photos with very little effort.

Cons

We wish it had more sharing options since we use multiple platforms to send photos internally.

Great Way to get you Assets Organized

The organization is amazing and importing and exporting has all the options I need to tag and keyword. Sharing within and outside the company is a breeze. It's great to create folders for specific projects and allow specific permissions for vendor or contractor use.

Pros

I really like how Canto is so user-friendly and how we can communicate across teams right within the program. If someone is in need of an edit or a different size/format they can just tag me in the image and leave me a note that gets emailed to me to complete. It really facilitates the independent ability to find and use the assets within our company.

Cons

I have nothing that I would change and the customer service is excellent!

Using the Canto DAM for educational marketing

Overall this was exactly what we needed - an affordable but robust digital asset management system that we can deploy to all of our different audiences.

Pros

The searchability is by far the best feature that we have used with Canto. While the other features are also powerful and helpful, the ability to type in pretty much any term and curate a list of assets immediately that I can download in my desired format has saved us hours of searching.

Cons

The interface could be a bit more approachable - compared to some other DAM software, it is much better, but it could also be more navigable and attractive. Without extensive admin training, it can be hard to find the features you're looking for.

Thank you for the review, Brian! Your account manager will be in contact soon to get more info on your suggestions for the interface.

Clean Media Library on the Cloud

We've definitely increased engagement between departments and have a better understanding of the media assets that are important to us as a company

Pros

We like ability to control our media asset distribution workflow so we can evaluate content before rolling out to clients for any specific project

Cons

No App and the online mobile version lacks features found on the desktop

We appreciate your review of Canto, Dario! We have a mobile app coming out soon; stay on the lookout for the update.

Powerful Search and Organization with a Clean User Interface

So far, I'm very impressed with Canto and have found sifferent ways to incorporate it into our business. We were quickly up and running and able to provide a professional looking and powerful portal to give accessibility of our digital assets to our dealer network.

Pros

We were drawn to the clean simple interface. It has a non-intimidating face, but very powerful features.

Cons

A disappointement that we found with almost all DAMs that we looked at was that InDesign files and it's links did not keep their connection once uploaded into Canto.

Mike, thanks for the review. We're glad to hear that you've found different ways to utilize Canto in your business!