DBGallery

Digital Asset Management for Small Teams to Large Groups

DBGallery Reviews

DBGallery Does Everything We Need and More

Overall DBGallery is awesome! I needed a photo database for internal cataloging and I got so much more. I can now share with my partners, have other people do the tagging, my volunteers can add to the database and the customer service is wonderful. They listen to my concerns, they help us fix anything that is not working quickly, they take my suggestions for improvement and actually implement them and they are very responsive.

Pros

The most important difference between this software and many of its competitors is that it doesn't require a cloud and allows us to use our own server. On top of that, it allows us to use our current file system and does not require uploading everything into the system. The Plus Web access just made it easier for us to share with all of our partners and volunteers. It is revolutionizing how our office functions.

Cons

In the Plus Web, it would be good to not have the photos shown in when looking at the parent folder. It is difficult to tell how which subfolder a photo is in and if there are duplicates in other folders. I'd prefer to see the subfolders and only see the photos when you are looking in the folder they are in. Also, I would like to have the presets for data entry in the Plus Web and not just in the desktop version. This dramatically slows down progress in tagging our vast collection.

A great product with EXCELLENT support

DBGallery is a great solution to our problem of storing all our images in one place, finding them quickly when needed, and sharing them. And their support is really top notch. They answer questions quickly and in detail, and have offered training whenever we want it. I definitely feel like I picked the right company and product. So often you get a product like this and you end up not using all the functionality because you don't understand how to use it, or don't see what it's use would be. I think we'll be able to make full use of DBGallery with the help of Support.

Pros

Very easy to do the initial install and import images. Easy to batch add keywords. Automatic object recognition does a very good job adding keywords based on the image contents. Search function works well, and it's easy to find a bunch of images and then get a link to that set of images to share it. Handles all of the file types I need.

Cons

It doesn't currently allow you to keyword images as you import them, but I'm told that it's high on their development priority list - and it's easy enough to add keywords to all the files once you've imported them.

A great image management system (IMS) with a comfortable price tag.

My experience with DBGallery has been exceptionally good. I run an aerial photography business and I spent a long time searching, test driving, and learning. I finally found DBGallery, and it fits in perfectly. I cannot find any product that is better at any price. For Aerial photography, this IMS is ideally suited to equip an operation like mine, and I highly recommend you take a look.

Pros

This IMS provides a logical means to store, categorize, and archive nearly every media type on the planet. Sorting and retrieving your IMS is made easy due to how DBGallery utilizes tags extensively. The file being uploaded extracts information from the custom tags such as: Author, Title, Subject, Keywords, Description, etc. There are too many to list here, but most useful are keywords, date taken,...

Cons

A few things that I would like to be added... I would like to see "ReKognition" implemented in videos, this would allow one to tag a particular frame along with annotation and comments. It would be a nice enhancement to build in image editing for videos. Currently I am using a "lite" editor to "pre-process" images. Most videos I work with outside of DBGallery are edited to control file size, resolution, compression, clip starting, ending brightness, color, contrast, etc.. the typical basics.

Solid Asset / Media Management solution

We required a scalable way to oraganise and tag a large collection of medical artwork images and make them searchable and taggable by multiple users for a range of business processes. DBGallery had the right feature-set and price to meet these needs. User feedback on the ease of use of the system is high. We don't use all of its features but the active development helps us find ways new opportunties to refine our workflows. We've found the DBGallery team very responsive and helpful. A great experience overall.

Pros

- Great support - Well-rounded featureset - Fast search experience - Easy to use and understand - Extensive API for integrations - Solid enterprise support - Media transcoding + range of support for various file formats

Cons

It would be nice to have custom workflows and multiple choice or boolean custom fields.

Great, unique product with great support

Great overall experience. DB Gallery is a key system at our company now that many departments from Sales to Engineering rely on for data every day. The support from DB Gallery is very good and fast if and when needed.

Pros

We are a manufacturer of Bakery equipment. The feature to catalog all media and PDF documents to be available to sales staff from any browser anywhere was key to selecting this product. The central library of media and documents enables great collaboration for all users.

Cons

There is nothing really that sticks out as what we like least about the product. Considering that we have a large amount of data stored in the system, our sales staff rely heavily on the search functionality. The search functionality could be improved in the future from boolean searches (combine keywords with operators) to smarter search capabilities that Google uses.

Great Digital Asset Management System

Excellent! From populating the library to implementation and launch, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to answer all of our questions and ease the process of getting us up and running. It went so well we ended up ahead of schedule.

Pros

DB Gallery is extremely user friendly for both the administrator and the user alike. Uploading, downloading, sharing single and multiple images, and keywording are all extremely easy. The addition of detecting duplicates when uploading is also a great addition. Implementation has been a breeze and our users have not had any problems diving right in. We've been able to offer outside vendors viewing access and have been able to set permissions on folders. We have great control of our image library.

Cons

I have not encountered anything I'd change in the system.

DBG Cloud Based

Overall, the vendor has been great to work with over the years. I've been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on and off since 2014 and I can say this organization is very customer oriented and supports their product well.

Pros

The AVMA has used DB Gallery for years. The software is easy to use and upgrading to their cloud based product makes it even easier. The customer support is excellent and very efficient.

Cons

I'm not a daily user of the system. I helped to implement the upgrade.

Seems to be our final solution.

Just feeling happy with the cooperation. Like we have been working together since years. (now 5 months or so).

Pros

Fast, easy for users, good sharing abilities, near-perfect support!

Cons

We are cooperating with DBGAllery on some improvements. Partially paying for requests that will also be included in the standard product. Like labeling, workflow, annotations and email warnings, comparisons before/after,..

Fantastic

The setup and migration was easy. If we had any issues or questions, support was right there to help us. Overall, it has been a great experience.

Pros

It's super easy to use and very user friendly.

Cons

I'm a little upset that we didn't upgrade sooner.