dotdigital Engagement Cloud Logo

dotdigital Engagement Cloud

Omnichannel customer engagement platform.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud Reviews - Page 6

dotmailer has been a great improvement from our previous email service provider.

Pros

It's very user-friendly and allows a lot of functionality. The support has been very helpful. The dashboard is clean and the reporting is very informative.

Cons

Setting up the automation programs can be a bit tricky, but the support team is always quick to answer questions.

Great upgrade. Need more training

Pros

It is an upgrade from our previous software. It is very easy to create campaigns. The drip campaign program creator is a little challenging.

Cons

The training process should be more thorough. There are not enough details or topics covered in training. Leads to mistakes.

Dotmailer is what you need

I'm a visual designer, and I use it almost all the time. Provide some templates, ​and it is easy to edit.

Pros

It has good articles and blogs where I can learn new stuff. The​ customer service is excellent​.

Cons

It takes​ a while to understand the options to create the email.

Good solution but has its set of issues

We have had some significant issues with dotmailer. Our subscriber file was increasing steadily month over month and immediately started to decline or stay flat once we moved to dotmailer a year ago... still not sure we have a great understanding of why/if things are set up correctly. We also had a dramatic recycle bin issue and customer service was helpful but we essentially found the solution.. we had no help from our account rep.

Pros

Setting up and sending an email is very easy.

Cons

Seems difficult to set up and manage audiences and segments. How they are linked to automated programs is confusing.

Very limited functionality

Pros

It was very simple to use, no learning curve when just getting started. Customer support is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

The functionality is very, very limited. This software is probably fine for small companies or those just starting out, but not great for building complex, multi-channel programs.

I've loved Dotmailer so far. Has really helped me organize my email marketing campaigns

Pros

Customer service is top-notch Automation tool is powerful and easy to use. They make it very easy to customize journeys

Cons

Landing pages could be improved and there needs to be a better onboarding process that is part training.

Lots of capabilities but customer support is awful

So far dotmailer has not been any better than mailchimp. It is more expensive, so it should be better, but it has been so difficult to work with. We haven't been able to get into the capabilities it has above MailChimp becuase we've had to focus all of our time on solving issues, so we can't get to the cool stuff yet.

Pros

The segmentation is great. The emails look very professional. It is relatively easy to create your own email, but adding in dynamic content is difficult. It doesn't work well with our magento site. The set up was way more difficult than it should have been.

Cons

I use dotmailer frequently to run campaigns for my accessories store.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of use, ease of use. This is the easiest to use ESP I have come across with the amount of functionality they have packed in. I run many personalized campaigns that pull dynamic content from my website's product pages and I've seen a ~ 15% improvement in clickthroughs. Automations are solid; the editors are great, and the landing page builder is similar to the template builder covering all the tools I need. Very happy customer.

Cons

The pages can take a bit of time to load when you're toggling between the different feature buttons.

Dotmailer

Pros

The software is pretty simple and easy to use

Cons

nothing really the software do what he need's to do

Review - Covert

So far it has been fantastic. From the customer support, to the actualy software! I have really enjoyed learning and using it.

Pros

The software is super easy to use and very functional!

Cons

Some of the training modules were a littlle long/

Tough to get started....

Pros

We really like the functionality and the integration with our CRM. Our customer service has been awesome and support responds very quickly. The abandoned cart and browse abandonment functionalities are huge to us, and like how DotMailer performs with those.

Cons

We had a rough start and there are a lot of weird things that we had to learn about the platform. Everyday we learn more and more. It doesn't fully integrate with all of our other platforms, so that causes some stresses. We didn't have training, so struggled early on, but have slowly become more comfortable with the platform.

Good Editor and Segmentation, Not as Slick as Others

Pros

The editor is super easy to use and the way you can segment data is really useful.

Cons

When looking at a Dotmailer email and comparing it to emails created using other providers, they somehow don't look quite as good.

Fort Lauderdale Médium/Large Busines

Pros

Price, GUI & Feature Set all bundled into one easy to use software.

Cons

Primarily the switching between sub accounts but this has very little impact more just about ease of use.

Appalling Customer Service

Pros

It sends lots of emails all at once. Interface is ok but was better previously. Simple to use as long as you are not on safari.

Cons

It comes with non existent customer care - there is absolutely no one available ever, if there is a problem with your account

Great Platform

Pros

The ease of use, personalization, customer support

Cons

Training could have been better. I learned most of what i know on my own.

Great Product

Pros

Easy to use with a great support team for any questions.

Cons

Really liked everything about it, no complaints.

Great

Pros

I am still trying to learn this system so there isn't too much I like best right now. I need to familiarize myself more to have positive feedback.

Cons

Not as user friendly as previous email systems. I had more flexibility and we were able to have a payment system along with our or email marketing. It made things so much easier! Constant Contact was more user friendly for our office. If you could get a payment screen with Dotmailer, it would be best!

Dotmailer Review

Pros

Good software for Ecommerce Email Marketing

Cons

I did not have any issues with the software.

Does everything we need it to do but at a lower cost than competitors.

Pros

Customer service is very helpful. I always get the answers I need. I especially like the chat feature.

Cons

Design capabilities are a bit limited -- wish we could control design options a bit more. For example, I would like to be able to resize images a bit more.

IPs are not great but the features are solid

We are able to send mass emails in a short amount of time.

Pros

Segmenting is fast and easy. There are features like the optimization that makes it great for generating more opens!

Cons

Many of the IPs are neutral or bad. It's why we have to switch to Pardot. There was not much support when it came to automation. I set up an automation that the service rep said looked correct, but it does not work the way it needs to!

My experience with Dotmailer has been great. I feel like it's an effective marketing tool for us.

Pros

Dotmailer has the ability to make professional looking emails, to segment our customer base for specific messaging, allows us to create forms on our website that we can send automatic messages to our customers and it integrates with our ecommerce platform.

Cons

Sometimes it can be glitchy on the back end. When it does become glitchy, I either contact customer support or signout and then restart again.

Not enough functionality

Pros

I like that there was some components of automation. The support team is great and responsive. A good product for a smaller org just getting started with building out their marketing technology stack.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality - with automation, integration, Persona-based marketing, lead scoring, etc.

Good product for mail campains

Pros

There are many options to generate segments of clients. Integrated with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

Cons

Some of the contacts could not be updated and there is not an error message for informing.

Great for Magento stores

Pros

Great analytics for Magento stores. You can get very detailed with your targeting and email series.

Cons

I think that the user interface can be greatly appreciated and it's very outdated.

Dot Mailer Review

We had many billing errors with them. Decided to just cancel after contract was up.

Pros

The targeting features were what attracted me to the software.

Cons

After I signed up, they told me that I had to pay an extra data storage fee which was just as much as my subscription.