Filecamp Logo

Filecamp Reviews - Page 2

JR

Jasmine R.

Printing, 11-50 employees

The BEST DAM and Review Software for your Buck!

This is the best experience I've had with a software company. When I was searching for a product I liked several but all had a couple things here or there that didn't work. Filecamp hit just about everything we needed for online proofing software. They gave us a wonderful free trial and our staff and customers all quickly fell in love with this new way of proofing and not having to hunt down emails. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is extremely involved and has personally responded to me many, many times with feedback I've given or on the very very rare occasion that there was a technical issue. I'm a huge fan and would recommend FileCamp to anyone needing Digital Asset Management or a Digital Proofing System!

Pros

We are a signage company that prints thousands of unique signs for different customers, events and festivals across the US. Due to the high amount of customer proofs that need to be approved, we found all other alternates were extremely expensive for our small business as you had to pay by the proof rather than by overall storage. FileCamp allows us to upload the many proofs that the customer's need...

Cons

I don't love some of the changes from the old version to the new. THE LABELS are way way too small in the new version, a tiny little dot that when you have several labels and colors similar they are impossible to tell apart. I don't like that to see the proof history you have to go click on each prior proof. This should be kept as a lot, with text separators on the proof versions. However very minute things that may be fixed in the future the team tells me!

Thanks, Jasmine. We really value your feedback!

PB

PIERRE B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Good product

Unreasonable Studios (UNR) is unarguably a massive content-making production house that creates, masters and catalogs assets on a privately protected server not accessible to our partner agencies and clients. UNR currently houses over 50 photoshoots consisting of over thousands of images, hundreds of logos and fonts and numerous master product shots. We also own hundreds of stock templates and royalty-free...

Pros

User interface is great Easy to learn and navigate Features work great.

Cons

The load time of the pages takes too long. No thumbnails previews for large PSD files. I prefer the old labeling rather than the dots. It is easy to read APPROVED or NEW PROOF or whatever the label is then to try to remember what the colour represents. Especially when you have multiple label sets. Drag and drop to move files would be amazing. The commenting tool is weak. It needs more features, like circling or highlighting.

AH

Ashley H.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Filecamp is our media library

Being able, to brand, control users and share files via link has made things much easier for our sales staff and for uploading content to our distribution channels. Working with larger vendors who need a huge amount of product artwork for their online catalogs, love that I can send them their own library of content.

Pros

We previously used Dropbox but it became a file wasteland with difficult to find files. For Media Files Filecamp and the ability to see thumbnails was a huge improvement.

Cons

I would like to be able to have a navigation that could mimic our current website and/or integrate into Wordpress. I think finding items is tricky for users not familiar with clicking around to find things.

Thanks Ashley! More integration options are on the roadmap.

JS

Joanne S.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Brilliant online document sharing and storage option!

We love Filecamp!

Pros

Filecamp is easy to use, keeps documents secure and enables user-friendly sharing and receiving of documents. It has an all important link sharing expiry option, which means that links to documents cannot be abused. You are able to share files and folder with people who do are not registered with your Filecamp storage platform, which is very handy for once off document sharing requirements.

Cons

The moving of documents between folders is a bit slow as there is no drag and drop or cut and paste option.

Hi Joanne. Thanks for the nice words

ms

michael s.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Only File Sharing Service That Does What We Want

this is the only service that we could find that does what we wanted. they perfectly fit our need. Also, they are a great company. As we were awaiting their upgrade for much longer than originally anticipated, they gave us their service FOR FREE for like 6 or 8 months. Now that is great service.

Pros

Love that you can customize thumbnails for folders. Feels very customized to users, which is exactly what we wanted. this was the only service that did what we wanted (custom thumbnails, white labeling, etc.)

Cons

I wish the interface was a little bit more elegant. Also, I wish they give more storage for the price we pay. Finally, I wish they had an app for mobile.

Thanks for sticking with us, Michael :)

GM

Gabrielle M.

Warehousing, 1-10 employees

Attentive Team, fantastic software.

Fantastic. Everything I was looking for. Great software, and helpful team at Filecamp.

Pros

Funny enough, we were directed to this software by a direct competitor (one that costs a lot more money too). After we enroled, we noticed that the filecamp team had gone out of their way to brand our software with our company logo and several images!!! Fantastic first impression.Now the software itself achieves everything we need it to. We are a team of 10 at our NA location, and needed a software...

Cons

I wish we didn't have to double-click a file for it to open. Changing to a single click would be nice. Also - it would be aesthetically pleasing for there to be an option to upload images on top of a sample file image for each file. I've been doing this manually be designing my own 'file' image, then uploading a logo on top.

Thanks for your feedback, Gabrielle 🙏 You don't have to double-click to open a file. You can just click once on the file/folder name 😊

SD

Seth D.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent Product

Been a very positive experience. No high pressure sales. No high implementation costs. We were able to try out the software and get it up and running within a couple hours. Uploading large batches of files is efficient in terms of time to complete. Been a great overall experience.

Pros

The price point for the product is spot on. We are using it to manage a library of over 3,000 images, videos and graphic files. It's been easily implemented and adapted within our organization. Setup can be done in an hour. No high pressure sales as with other products.

Cons

Would love to see the ability to enlarge images in the grid view for easier browsing. Would also love to see the ability to check a box to make an image the folder icon instead of having to resize and upload.

Thanks. We are constantly trying to improve the UI and UX. Thanks for your feedback! :)

PS

Philip S.

Photography, self-employed

Good business solution for easy file sharing with clients

Pros

What I like most about Filecamp is how I can share files with my clients through secure links that can be set to be temporary. This way the clients don't need to log-in or make an account and I can just share the links through an email template within Filecamp. As a photographer another thing of importance is the ability for clients to preview shared files.

Cons

Filecamp has the option for a branded white label file sharing. This means that all your client sees is your own business without any references to Filecamp. But the 'white label' option could still be made better if there was the possibility to change the wording (manually or automatically in a language of choice) in any of the UI that the client see. This is important for non-English businesses in order to have a true white label experience.

Thanks Philip. I can confirm that a multi-lingual version is on our roadmap. Stay tuned!

LT

Lea T.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Great FTP SITe

Allows a repository for the most current documents to be easily accessible and revisions tracked.

Pros

Our architects and technologists can easily organize projects and make drawings and documents quickly accessible to all stakeholders. From an admin point of view it's easy to manage people, folders and password.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time. The software functions as you would need it to.

Hi Lea. Good to hear. Thanks!

SW

Stephanie W.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Already Seeing the Benefits

We're in the process of moving our photos into Filecamp, and even though we have only a small number of our collection moved over and tagged, finding images in Filecamp is a dream. We're beginning to see what a huge timesaver it's going to be when all of our images are in and tagged.

Pros

The ability to tag files with keywords. As a small, nonprofit land conservation organization that relies on photos and imagery to help tell our stories and explain our work, having our photo collection organized and tagged for easy search-ability is very important.

Cons

I wish there was a setting that would allow the info panel to show/be open when viewing a photo without having to click on the dots and select it. I would also love it if you could apply tags and authors (or replicate them) to a folder of files (photos) or that you could select a set of files and apply tags to them as a group, rather than one at a time. For us, many of the tags we apply to photos apply to the whole folder, while a few files need some additional tags. If we could apply the bulk of the tags to all of the files and then go into the few photos that need unique tags, it would be great.

Hi Stephanie. Thanks a lot for your feedback🙏You are actually able to add tags to multiple files in one go. Read more: https://filecamp.com/support/edit-files/#multiple

MP

Michael P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Better than Dropbox for B2B File Sharing

Filecamp has been wonderful for us. We use it primarily as a Dealer Portal for companies that sell our heaters. They can easily access marketing materials, forms, images, logos, and so much more. It's worked extremely well for our Dealers and has accomplished exactly what we were looking for that gave a much more seamless look and feel with our website rather than sending people to a separate file program that does not look professional.

Pros

I like that I have much more control over the user's experience than something like Dropbox. I can change color schemes with different logos with various templates and change the look of folders and much more. Having the ability to make pages like a web page is also very helpful. We also love the fact that it can be used as a subdomain so user's get a seamless experience with our website and domain name. It's also extremely fast to add a new user as almost all of our users require the same capabilities and the copy method as saved us a good amount of time.

Cons

The only item I wish Filecamp would be capable of is to send emails to individual users with updates made in the system or an email update to all users.

Thanks Michael. And we have noted your feedback about an "Email user"/"Email All Users" option.

JH

Joel H.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Fantastic budget Digital Asset Management platform

Very very good. The customer service is fantastic and I can say without a doubt that this product has been a great success for us.

Pros

This software is a fantastic option if you need a budget Digital Asset Management but still with a very professional look and feel. Some of the best features is the granular access control for users, unlimited users (don't have to pay per seat which is a must for us!), and white label branding control.

Cons

The access control for folders and files is not quite granular enough, automatic emails are very limited when it comes to formatting etc, managing users can become complex.

Thanks a lot, Joel

TL

Thomas L.

Poor Mobile experience, Mixed browser compatibility, Minimalist UI, Buggy

Not many, it works but not naturally. Lot of work arounds. Constantly educating clients how to use the software.

Pros

Has most of the features I need. Uploading is easy. Has the tagging functions and ability to add users.

Cons

The features don't all work well or are not well implemented. No real search function, poor mobile performance. Been having buggy performance lately. Informing users of new galleries or selects or other changes is nearly non existent, users can be notified when files are added to a folder but it just lists the file names in an email. It should rather show a preview of the images added and send them their login credentials to view it or make logins for clients easier.

Hi Thomas We are currently working on Filecamp v4 (gigantic update!) which will address the issues you have experienced! Other headlines are; new user interface, better performance, full mobile/touch compatibility, folder upload, FTP mount, easier user management, advanced search features, improved online proofing/commenting, more notification options, bulk adding of tags, more metadata options, auto-tags, custom pages ... and a lot more. The good news is that Filecamp v4 will be awesome!!! The bad news is that it will probably take us another 5-7 months before we can release it, and I hope you can wait. Do reach out to me if you have any questions. Best regards, Jesper Faurby co-founder Filecamp.com

AY

Amanda Y.

Public Safety, 501-1,000 employees

Was Pleased Until the Latest Update

Filecamp makes a great file management system for sharing documents, video, etc, but recent updates have seriously overlooked some of the functionality that made it user-friendly and efficient.

Pros

• Ability to store and share files • Uploads are made easily • Customer service is quick to respond • Low cost to our company

Cons

• Inability to bulk edit permissions without using an existing profile to mirror (e.g. if you create a new folder you must edit each individual's permission to allow them to view it) • They used to offer user "groups" to categorize and organize your user database. This was great because you could ensure all members of that group had the same permissions. Now that this feature is no longer available, you must rely on each administrator to enable the proper permissions to each individual user. This is time consuming and leaves room for error.

Hi Amanda With the new bulk permissions update feature, you can do (almost) the same as you could with user groups. But I understand that in your use case it was perhaps easier before. Sorry about that! And we apologize for releasing such a big update in one go. We are looking forward to having a solid and future-proof platform from where we can release super tiny updates more frequently. Best regards, Jesper Faurby Co-founder Filecamp.com

JS

Jaroslav S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Great file management system for affordable price.

Letting my customers download ebooks and video courses at any time.

Pros

The speed of uploading and downloading the files is more than decent. Never a blackout or problems in 2 years. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Previews of PDFs could be of better quality.

Thanks Jaroslav!

RN

Ryan N.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

I did my research, and this is the best DAM for your money

It's been great - I've had to reach out to customer service with questions a few times, and each time I received a timely response back from the co-founder himself.

Pros

Ease-of-use is a big one - for me, having a capable software with many features is important but also being able to quickly find something / upload new files is just as important, and Filecamp has figured that process out.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have a complaint. I work in a field that is historically not tech-savvy, so the only issue I've had is getting people to utilize the software vs. asking me to do it for them. This has nothing to do with Filecamp, just human nature.

Thanks Ryan!

Hiran T.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

A formal file and media sharing tool for an enterprise.

Pros

A formal sharing tool the user can upload, manage and share the file with the other file camp users. It's a simple, quick and easy cloud storage solution. The user can create a folder and upload the folders which keep the information organized. The user can add a description to the file so that other users get the information about the file. The user can use tags to the file which help to find a particular file quickly. The user can download the original uploaded file with lower resolution files. The file camp allows the enterprise to add its company branding and titling. The user can set a custom theme for the user interface. The application is available in Android, Windows, Mac and website version.

Cons

The subscription plan is pricey for small enterprises, would have introduced custom subscription plans. In-person, webinar training support is not available. Customer support should improve the response time and resolution of the issues. The user interface should improve the simplification of the options.

Thanks Hiran. Your feedback is noted!

RK

Roshani K.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Great Digital Asset Management Option for a Great Price

We were looking for a way to easily manage our photos and videos, so we can find them easily. We have Google Drive, but you can't tag photos and videos, and add other details. I also love the option of giving people a link, so they can upload images. We recently did this for an online event, and asked people to upload their selfies. Anytime we have questions, we send an email to support, and get a response right away. We also appreciate the nonprofit pricing option, which makes it affordable. I highly recommend Filecamp.

Pros

Filecamp offers a great way to manage your digital assets like photos and videos. You can easily bulk upload and tag images, so they are easy to search for. They also offer nonprofit pricing, and great customer support.

Cons

There are new features that can be added to make it even better, and their support team is open to ideas for new feature requests.

Thanks Roshani :)

MH

Morgan H.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

Filecamp Adds Value to Organizations

Pros

Filecamp has been instrumental in the organization of our company's media collection (logos, photographs, videos, and literature). What I love about Filecamp is number 1: that it works! And number 2: that it is incredibly easy to use for both administrators and users. The design is simple, intuitive to navigate, and customizable. We didn't realize how badly we needed Filecamp until we started using it. The creators seem to be truly invested in the success of their product.

Cons

We had a slight difficulty integrating Filecamp's user requests into our email security process. Filecamp rapidly responded to our concerns, devoted a significant amount of time, and completely resolved the issue for us.

Thanks, Morgan. Great to have you!

AD

Alessandro D.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

filecamp for creatives

it helped to tremendously improve the process of planning in our office. the whole team and the clients get immediate access to up-to-date documents

Pros

easy and elegant appearance, corporate design, easy of use

Cons

user notification management is somehow confusing. I would welcome a central management for this issue

Thanks Alessandro!

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

An affordable option for file sharing that is more customizable/brandable than Google Drive

We've just completed our free trial and will be converting to a paid account. We were unsure as to whether this solution would simply duplicate what we're doing in Google Drive, but the customization and notification features have convinced us to sign on.

Pros

I like the ability to set up branded file sharing areas for each of my clients. I also like the ability to offer different download sizes, as well as email notifications when new files are added (as far as I know, notifications are still not a feature in Google Drive, or if it is, it's nearly impossible to figure out how).

Cons

Some of the user interface features are a bit outdated. The platform would be more familiar to users (aka easier to use) if things like the "previous / next" and lightbox exit links were more in line with current trending design.

Hi there, Happy to announce that we have just improved large preview interface with previous/next arrows + better zoom-, full-screen-, and print options :) You can follow all updates here: https://filecamp.com/release-notes/

PC

Paul C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Fantastic tool for our business

Pros

It is very flexible with many features I never thought I even needed.

Cons

There are few issues I have found withe the software, however I would like it, when I am uploading new files for the ability to just drag and drop anywhere rather than have to open a dialogue box to do so. Not a biggie, but would make workflow a lot faster.

Thanks a lot! Easier drag and drop upload is already on the roadmap and will be implemented soon.

KM

Katalina M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Ayuda a gestionar recursos de marketing

Pros

me encanto que su interfas sea tan intuitiva y facil de utilizar.

Cons

despues de su actualizacion ha funcionado a la perfeccion.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Thanks, Katalina 🙏

JD

James D.

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Great asset management for photos, needs some work on file management

Great to know our photos are safe online and available to all our colleagues wherever they may be. Great tagging and searching.

Pros

Love that it serves our photo management needs and allows multiple users for a decent price. A lot of other DAM tools had way more than we need and were also way too expensive. Filecamp was really alone in this category--the perfect capabilities/size/price for our non-profit. The ability to tag, share, make and create collections is great.

Cons

The file management is a bit annoying without drag-and-drop functionality--or even a menu where you can choose folders within the folder you're in--it slows down the process to have to drill down from the home folder each time I want to move assets.

Thanks, James ... also for the feedback 🙏

NN

Nate N.

Textiles, 51-200 employees

Best DAM for your Money

Empowering our staff and customers to find the assets they need in the formats they want on their own. This frees up our creative team to focus on creating new assets, rather than spending that time re-locating, and emailing previously created assets.

Pros

(1) Search functionality works across entire library, regardless of what folder that file is in. (2) Customizable folder thumbnails. (3) Quick and easy ability to download various sizes / resolutions of files.

Cons

(1) Need to press "Upload" icon before each upload. If you forget to click it before dragging files over, you will lose your place, and have to go back in your browser. (2) You cannot preview / scroll through multiple search results. Clicking one result will take you away from the rest of the search results.

Hi Nate. Many thanks. We'll look into those cons in future updates!