Hevo  Logo

Hevo Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.32/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

The best thing I like about Hevo is the ease of use and the integrations that are avaialble for multiple sources, which makes the ETL seamless.

NK

Nishanth K.

David W.

YP

Yoshlin P.

There's no possibility to schedule a pipeline job based on a specific time of the day, eg: run this job at 01:00 AM every day.

MR

Fivetran-logocaret
listing-logo

Fivetran

Compare both
How would you rate Hevo ?

Seamless ETL

Pros

Hevo is extremely user friendly and very seamless. Data pipelines can be set in a matter of a few clicks. Our business users are extremely happy with all the data at their disposal for any analysis that they need to do. Hevo's support is very prompt and always available to answer your queries.

Cons

When we had started using Hevo 2 years ago, there were only a few sources available. However, I see more and more new sources getting added every month.

The best Data Extraction service for Startups

Hevo was the ideal tool that I needed to bootstrap our data infrastructure. As the person who set everything up I am very satisfied with them and hope that this will be a long partnership.

Pros

Hevo is very easy to set up (the whole process is self explanatory) and has a lot of integrations. It also allows for a lot of flexibility with Rest API and Webhook integrations. The UI is very well tought out and the whole product feels professional. I should also point out the Consumer Service, which is great and very helpfull. I get answers every time I talk to them, and I feel my problems are being taken seriously.

Cons

Hevo doesn't allow precise control of the Ingestion and Loading frequency and times. You can only choose a frequency or specify certain times, but even this one is limited to a certain number of runs. This is our only limitation with Hevo right now.

Good Product

Pros

I really like the ease with which you can deploy the tool

Cons

The tool can get better in documentation and video tutorials.

Super-easy to deploy, great support

Hevo absolutely made it simple for us to move data from a wide range of disparate applications into a single Snowflake database.

Pros

I like how easy - almost trivially so - that it is to get started with Hevo. It literally just works. The team have made it really simple to start, and include a free trial. Also the support team are excellent. It has great documentation as well so you can synchronise easily from a wide range of sources and destinations.

Cons

Some things aren't as polished as you'd like. For instance, you can't categorise pipelines or sort them into folders. You simply have a huge list. Also, there's no easy way - without programming it yourself using the Hevo API - to manage pipelines in bulk. Let's say you have pipelines for similar databases with the same structures; you have to manage them by-hand, individually, or you have to make your own tools.

My ETL tool choice

I was able to put all my database sources together to create our own database, with just the data we needed.

Pros

The customer service is great, they were always ready to help, very kind. Great sources opinions, to integrate with and to use as destination.

Cons

It can be complicated to make a pipeline with some specific source and it doesn’t seem to have an easy solution to fix the issue.

Hevo data for Extraction and Loading to Snowflake

Very Pleasing. I set it up once and I don't have to worry about it again.

Pros

Simple and effective hassle free table syncing between Cloud VM SQL Server and Snowflake DWH.

Cons

Getting Hevo white listed with other vendors such as FTP sites is the first big hurdle. Sometimes I'd like to have it sync a view from my source system but it struggles with this. Instead I make it sync the source tables of the view.

ETL and API Access

Pros

We really love that fact that we can easily access 3rd party API's through the Hevo interface.

Cons

Occasionally, it happened that integrations are not working the first time you set them up. Generally, adding the pipeline again to the system does the trick. Furthermore, you can reach out to the great support crew, and they will help you resolve the issue

Very compatible

My overall experience with Hevo is very good. The support team is available anytime and are very quick with their response.

Pros

The Hevo is the one frame platform which provides complete cloud ETL features. The data integration from source to destination is very quick. The dashboard provides all the information regarding the history of migration.

Cons

The data loading speed might have been much more quicker.

almost very very good

Pros

easy to use and integrate technologies, monitoring tool

Cons

I couldn't found an option to make reverse engineering

HEVO Integration tool review

Overall I'm very satisfied especially with the exceptional customer service always available minutes away over chat

Pros

The data source - destination pipeline feature is very easy to use and takes minutes to set up using the available side by side guide

Cons

UI can be a bit improved for the transformational aspect of data

Automating Data Pipelines has never been easier

Absolutely great. In terms of service itself, reliability, customer support.

Pros

It has suited all our needs. - The most critical part was reading Oplog from production MongoDB replica. - Cleaning PII and sensitive data on the fly before loading to DWH - Wide range of sources and even Webhooks (any arbitrary source)

Cons

I might only add Hevo is constantly evolving. I participate in proposing new useful features from my PoV.

Making Data Simple

Pros

Ease of use: Hevo's UI is very intuitive and easy to learn. With couple of clicks we can easily build scalable pipelines. Data Transformations: We can write our transformations in python. Hevo also provides out of the box flattening of complex nested json which is very handy while building Mongo pipelines. Quick and efficient Support: Hevo Support team are quite reachable and always ready to help us solving critical bugs and errors.

Cons

Alerting could be much more precise and intelligent.

Great Product

Very happy with the product so far, dramatically reduced the data ingestion times.

Pros

Ease of setup Cost Quick ingestion times Ability to connect to multiple sources Transformations

Cons

High CPU usage on our Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL server.

Literally just few clicks and data will start flowing.

Its an awesome product. Really very good one to get started with very little friction.

Pros

The things which I most like about Hevo is the automation level in the product. Hevo will take care of everything from source mapping to destination mapping with just a few clicks. It has many useful features, be it table/column auto-mapping , resizing and basic transformations for complex data sources like Mongo where you want to flatten the nested data.

Cons

Alarm feature can be little more intuitive.

Hevo helped us solve our ETL needs.

Pros

Hevo offers a fair pricing model with competitive features, along with a seamless data integration experience that complies with many data privacy groups. The ability to transform data using python code, auto map object data, and do this all in a user-friendly interface is wonderful. Hevo also ensures pure privacy with data which is vital when using cloud storage integrations.

Cons

There was not much to dislike about the software.

Dead simple database replication

Overall the experience has been quite smooth so far. The support provided was great and the initial setup was simple.

Pros

Hevo's interface is simple to use, while powerful at the same time. From our tests so far the pipelines work reliably and performantly, and the transformation tools (offered both in a visual manner or through custom Python code for more advanced workflows) are quite useful. The customer experience and support provided is great.

Cons

I seem to be unable to apply new transformation rules retroactively. That would be an important feature to us as sometimes new fields need to be masked or hidden but were already ingested into the destination.

Hevo is an impressive feature-packed product with great UX

Pros

1) Self serve product with super UX - we were able to start our pipelines by ourselves within a day 2) Detailed documentation for every source / destination with appropriate up-to-date references 3) Was impressed by the overall speed - after submitting a job to queue, it picks up the job almost immediately 4) Transformation supports Python which is great, data can be manipulated by custom scripts 5) Full visibility and control over the entire pipeline 6) Schema mapper is great, auto-mapping works for most of the use cases. Manual mapping is also possible. It shows and asks user to confirm what query it is going to execute at the destination, which is good 7) Workbench available to run queries at the destination, custom data models available to create "views" from destination tables

Cons

1) Didn't quite like the limit on number of sources in plans 2) Schema mapper doesn't have an option to change column types at the destination

An Amazing ETL tool

We are using hevo to get Data seamlessly from our transactional DB to our datawarehouse. Hevo is reliable and plays an important part in our data pipelines.

Pros

Cons

In Schema Mapper/Overview tab in each pipeline, an option to skip muliple collections at a time using a check box might be a good feature which will be very helpful for us, otherwise its now taking lot of manaul effort to skip them if needed in a pipeline.

Hi Nishanth, Thank you for your feedback! About your feature suggestion, our product expert will get back to you to discuss the suggested feature in detail.

Great Product

Pros

Previously, we were using Fivetran. With Hevo, we get better features for a fraction of the price.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any complaints. Their support is awesome and any issues that I have had, have been resolved within hours.

Reliable, easy-to-use and good price/performance ratio

Hevo won our lengthy product comparison against other leading tools like Stitch Data, Fivetran, Matillion, etc. They provide best-of-breed usability, scale, reliability and latency. Their monitoring, schema mapping, error handling and replay capabilities are excellent. We are supporting near real-time reporting in a Snowflake warehouse thanks to Hevo's streaming replication from RDS MySQL.

Pros

Hevo's interface is well designed, so that it is straight-forward to set up many pipelines. Unlike other tools, they do not force us into their own standards, for example for naming tables. The service is reliable and performant, including at scale. The team also consists of nice people who have been very friendly and helpful.

Cons

We have no complaints. Hevo's MySQL binlog replication works well for us.

Makes ETL really easy

Overall, I've seen the product evolve from a beta version to a very mature one in less than a year. Our Analytics team is very happy and can sleep soundly given Hevo is doing the heavy lifting round the clock.

Pros

We have 10+ pipelines streaming a few million rows from multiple databases to a warehouse. It's very easy to use and configure. It supports all popular database types as sources and we can put custom transformation logic in the pipelines. Hevo's support engineering team has also been very pro-active and helpful throughout our engagement to date.

Cons

I think the documentation could be structured in a format of Source (e.g. MongoDB) to Destination (e.g. BigQuery) with the exact steps required to configure this pipeline. Most users would come to Hevo with this type of requirements and it would aid with discoverability.

Hevo - Budget Friendly Option

Able to get the data I want, in the format I want, to do the business analysis required

Pros

Extremely Budget friendly, many connector s and destinations, easy to use and good support

Cons

Sometimes, the transformations from the raw connectors can be a bit confusing and it requires heavy understanding of the source. But that's expected.

Great product to use

Great customer care team.

Pros

Smooth OpLog/Change Stream based syncing is one of the strongest reasons I stick to this platform.

Cons

Transformations UI can be a bit better and more user friendly

Hevo is exceptional

Hevo has been exceptional for us to scale our data warehouse from 0-1. We have barely faced issues with hevo and whenever we have, hevo support has always quickly helped us solve issues. Onboarding new pipelines is very easy to do and negligible dev effort is required.

Pros

Ease of building new pipelines and replay queue

Cons

Few features are deprecated in updates (eg. JSON parsing strategies). While this is understandable due to performance optimisations, whenever this happens, dev time increases.

Great product, massive savings on time spent!

Data is made available in minutes instead of hours as we've shifted away from the traditional ETL approach. Analysts are happy with quick availability. Support has almost always been prompt.

Pros

Very simple and intuitive process to set up data pipelines. Customer support is very helpful in times when I get stuck. The existing features work without any hassles.

Cons

No major cons this far. Custom alerts would be an interesting feature.