Hopper Reviews

4.68/5 (97 reviews)

Karla Thring

Hopper HQ review

Reviewed 2019-02-01

I love it! I would love to be able to add some more account - maybe up to 10?

Pros
It's so easy to use. User friendly and easy to understand - something I haven't found in other 3rd party scheduling tools.

Cons
I don't use the FB feature much due to boosting ads in advance through business manager - I like to schedule ahead and schedule the post boosts - can't do this through Hopper (the ads) and Ads manager doesn't pick up on the posts

Yana Naydenova

Great software for scheduling all things social

Reviewed 2019-07-18

We use Hopper HQ to schedule Instagram and Twitter posts.

Pros
The reason we decided to use Hopper HQ was the variety of tools and options this software provides when scheduling a post compared to other softwares. Being able to tag people, to write the first comment on Instagram, to tag locations are part of the vital features the software provides. Furthermore, the interface is very user-friendly, super easy to navigate and get used to.

Cons
We had a few days during which our scheduled post did not post on Instagram which was quite disappointing. However, customer service fixed the problem and explained to us what had happened and that it was beyond their control.

Drew Moore

THE solution for Instagram-focused marketing.

Reviewed 2018-10-05

Fantastic timely support. We are picky and particular when selecting 'apps' and 'tools' to include as part of our preferred stack; I'm sure we annoyed the Hopper folks a bit with all of our questions, but they didnt flinch. We kept getting timely polite responses, and solutions.

Pros
The focus on Instagram and the 'Teams' feature; priceless for our agency. The platform devotes itself to 'Instagram first' and makes visualizing what your posts would look like both standalone as well as in your 'grid' accurate. The ability to place hashtags in the 'first comments' on the scheduling end is an easily overlooked but nice feature as well! Finally, as Hopper continues to add features it continues to stay 'Instagram First' in its focus.

Cons
Only the wait time for 'Teams'; we came on when we saw this was a 'future release' and could barely wait. It's now up and running and has been a fantastic beta-test w/our premium client group.

Kellie Shannon

Hopper for the WIN!

Reviewed 2019-03-16

Hopper truly helps me stay focused on what's important for my business which is my creativity. I no longer need to spend precious time posting to social media, Hopper does it for me!

Pros
This software makes social media less time consuming and more enjoyable. I recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to spend their days trying to post, but instead would like to spend their days working hard for their business.

Cons
There are a few features on Hopper I wish existed, but they are very quick about development and i've been pleased with their progress and growth.

Victoria Hockley

One of the best social media management tools

Reviewed 2019-08-07

Pros
- Really easy to use - Can manage multiple accounts - Can schedule as many posts as you want - When it comes to Instagram, you can automatically add #s to the first comment (this is really hard to find) - Can reschedule existing content - Great customer service

Cons
The only downside would be that LinkedIn isn't integrated

James Waddington

Excellent!

Reviewed 2017-12-07

BENEFITS: - Multiple accounts - Hopper works on both desktop and mobile - Forget `reminders to post. Hopper HQ posts to Instagram for you. - All your scheduled posts in one place. Drag and drop to reorder. - Easily view and plan your posts by week or month (essential for campaigns and specific events!) - Emoji tool!!!! - `Phone preview to see how it looks on your phone - Bulk upload and syncs with Dropbox, GoogleDrive e.t.c

Pros
Running multiple influencer campaigns through my agency Home - Vizified is tricky but now HopperHq has come to our rescue. The tool has successfully helped grow and scale your influencer accounts through easy and effective planning, scheduling and creative tools. Our team loves HopperHq and the multiple tools that make Instagram marketing a breeze.

Cons
Sometimes Hopper can be a bit slow to load and an integrated analytics software would be useful to find out the best times to post e.t.c

Kathleen Jennison

Convenient

Reviewed 2019-09-19

Pros
Easy to use and learn, it's is very convenient to use for my business

Cons
Sometimes my posts won't upload because of the certain time I scheduled it

Patrick Kinas

Exceeded Expectations

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Saves me a lot of mental space and time.

Pros
It's super helpful and really useful in terms of Social Automisation. Now I can spend my time one the most important tasks!

Cons
It would be great if there was a mobile app which allowed me to get notifications.

Katie Wingert

Hopper HQ exceeds expectations.

Reviewed 2019-08-14

In the initial stages, it was hard to edit posts. You had to edit them individually over all three social media accounts. You now can edit them together. This has saved a tremendous amount of time.

Pros
We've struggled for years to find a platform that posts natively to our social media accounts. Hopper HQ does this effortlessly. You can add posts, edit posts, post to one site, or all of them. Their customer service is easy to get problems solved and they are always up for suggestions too. Their mobile app is pretty amazing too.

Cons
I haven't found any cons yet. It's a newer platform, but no complaints.

Erics Harvey

LOVE this product - now if I just had someone to write my posts for me LOL

Reviewed 2019-06-27

Pros
I like that it posts both Facebook and Instagram

Cons
Wish I could post other social sites like LinkedIn

Kendrick Gray

Newb does IG

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-21

Trying to use the software to better advertise my personal brand.

Pros
I could run it from the web, loved the aspect I could work on it at work and home

Cons
My biggest issues was there was not in my mind a distinctive way to save a post, the process of the drafts was confusing, I lost some work dealing with that. A nice save button and a Saved button to go back to the past saved content. Since building content can be a lot of work never do you want to be in a position to loose it by accident.

Kristen Foote

Hopper saves me so much time!!

Reviewed 2018-09-13

It has been amazing. The team is so helpful. As a small business owner/operator I have a lot on my plate. Marketing is not my favorite part but so necessary, Hopper HQ takes some pressure off and helps me stay organized with my social media.

Pros
I can set up a month or more worth of posts for Facebook and Instagram. It saves me so much time and then I don't need to think about it for another month!

Cons
I wish I could upload multiple photos per post. But I'm sure that's coming. They are always adding new features and improving on the current ones.

Eric Alter

Almost Perfect

Reviewed 2019-02-14

It saves me time.

Pros
That you can schedule IG posts in advance.

Cons
The cropping process to get your picture to fit within IG restrictions is erratic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Response from Hopper HQ

Thanks for your review Eric!

We recently fixed the bug with the cropping tool - please get in touch with support if you still have any issues :).

Best wishes,

The Hopper HQ team

Delois Saunders

Hopper HQ Review

Reviewed 2019-08-11

I absolutely love it! I can upload a picture and caption in less than a minute. Very easy to navigate.

Pros
I had never used Instagram before so I set up an account. Then I found out Instagram is not geared for PC's. I wanted to use my desktop computer instead of my phone to post pictures. Luckily I came across Hopper HQ. I was very pleased with it and it made my Instagram experience very easy. Only 2 or 3 clicks and you are done. Also it posts to facebook as well, and it has bulk postings.

Cons
I can't find anything wrong with the software

Sarah Marcus

My Review

Reviewed 2019-11-09

I like being able to schedule a months worth of posts on one day instead of going in daily to post.

Pros
Daily pre-made posts to social media on a specific schedule

Cons
Carousel is difficult to use. Would like to use already downloaded images again for future carousels.

Christine Cronin

Love this software

Reviewed 2019-05-06

Pros
Hopper HQ has made managing my Instagram account much easier — I can finally schedule posts and preview them in my grid to make sure they match my aesthetic. Being able to plan in advance has been incredibly useful.

Cons
There are a few little bugs still, nothing that stops me from wholeheartedly recommending the program, but things they need to work on nonetheless. Sometimes I have trouble changing a post’s scheduled time for example. The software also does not let you choose the location of the post or allow you to post Instagram stories. Neither of these is a deal breaker — scheduling the regular posts saves me so much time that doing my IG stories the conventional way on my phone doesn’t seem like much of a burden anymore.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Christine, thank you for taking the time to leave a review :).

Regarding location tagging - this feature is available when creating a post right underneath the caption text box. If you have any trouble finding it just message support through web chat and they'll help you out!

Maggie Ewald

Hopper Rocks!

Reviewed 2019-06-05

It is so easy and quick for me to schedule a couple of weeks worth of posts on my IG account. It takes very little time to get everything organized. Hopper HQ saves me a lot of time and keeps my IG account current and consistent.

Pros
The software is intuitive and easy to use. I love that the team does upgrades and improvements all the time.

Cons
I don't have any cons. I am not sure what improvements I would like to see...maybe the ability to add the alt text to photos when scheduling posts.

Janet Howard

Great for finding hashtags and planning posts in advance

Reviewed 2019-03-01

Pros
I love that when I type a hashtag, I can see how many times it has been used, and can see similar tags too. I also love the posting calendar.

Cons
I don't have anything I don't like about it.

Anonymous

Time saver!!

Reviewed 2019-02-06

As a restaurant owner I often don’t have time to manage post on a daily basis, hopper allows me to manage a weeks worth of posting in a very short time. I am so much more efficient since finding Hopper.

Pros
My favourite aspect of the software is being able to see my grid and plan in advance all my post for the upcoming week. Also being able to see the views each post has generated just by scrolling over the images in the grid planner.

Cons
Modifying the pictures, I usually do it before hand as it’s not very clear how my post will look when I send it out.

Chastity Cortijo

Simple, effective & straight forward

Reviewed 2019-09-22

Pros
The ease of use. No complicated screens. All the data I need on my dashboard.

Cons
No app for Android. I don't like using the web version on my phone.

Steve Jewett

Hopper HQ rocks!

Reviewed 2019-06-19

Customer support is excellent! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fabulous. The system is easy to understand and use. Updates and upgrades are frequent and responsive to customer input. Outstanding overall experience.

Pros
I love the automation! I can load up lots of posts, plan them over the next month and then I can focus more on responding to Instagram comments and likes.

Cons
Understanding and managing the time zone difference is challenging.

Ylenia Faillace

BEST SCHEDULE PROGRAMME

Reviewed 2019-07-01

great experience! I would recommend it!

Pros
The customer service is great, always kind supportive and answers in tight timing. It is easy to use this app and it envolves all the social medias, like many other apps can't do

Cons
The Insights and Reports are not so detailed. I can't understand which is the best timing and day to post or when my target is mostly active. Insights and Reports should be more detailed with maybe also a competitore review

Lindaey Macdonald

Save time

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-14

As a time saver, being able to schedule posts in advance for multiple platforms is fantastic. There are a few options I wish it had but generally speaking I’m pretty happy with it and have recommended it to many already.

Pros
Ease of use and time saving being able to plan out social media posts in advance using one platform

Cons
Can’t post a location. Can’t do multiple images for one post like you can if you post sorect thru Instagram. Wish the editing features were more like Instagram.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for the review! You are able to share multiple images in a single post - check out our help page here: https://help.hopperhq.com/features/can-i-schedule-carousel-posts-on-hopper-hq

We are also releasing an update soon in which you will be able to tag locations :).

If you have any more questions, just contact support and we'll be very happy to help.

Best wishes,

Hopper HQ

Nathan E. Yates

Underused

Reviewed 2019-03-07

Highly recommended!

Pros
I honestly don't know why more people don't use Hopper HQ. Their Instagram marketing tools are by far the best. You can schedule gallery posts and video posts without needing to use any type of reminders. That is the #1 benefit of Hopper HQ.

Cons
I just wish you could connect a LinkedIn business page to Hopper HQ. That is the most disappointing aspect of the software.

Melissa Cushing

Insta posts and stories made easy with HopperHQ

Reviewed 2019-12-18

So far so good.... still getting comfy with it.

Pros
I love that I can legitimately. create Instagram posts and stories on my desktop computer!

Cons
I wish I could create Insta stories in here as I pay on another platform and having it all in one place would work best :) I would also like to be a blue to post branded content as well.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for your thoughts and positive review. Yes stronger support for Instagram Stories is certainly something we're keen to improve and will continue to keep offering as much as Facebook permissions allow... watch this space :-D