iContact Logo

Email marketing , automation, and landing page software

iContact Reviews - Page 2

JP

James P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Good solid Email Marketing Product

We had great support from our account managers (3 of them over almost 15 years) and it met our email marketing needs very well.

Pros

We were able to deploy this to over 200 offices around the country and recommended it to many of our international organizations. We could manage all those accounts from a central office and deploy centrally designed email templates to all our offices. We could easily segment data to target email marketing.

Cons

The most challenging situation we encountered was we had to split our 200+ accounts into two separate enterprise level accounts, making us have to login to each one separately to locate and update certain things from our central office. I don't believe this is really an issue any longer with the product, but we encountered some issue early on they felt would be handled by splitting into two. It just made management of the whole account structure more challenging.

Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate your works and having you as a customer!

MT

Marek T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

iContact Review

Overall, my experience with iContact was highly satisfactory. The robust email marketing features and automation capabilities made it a powerful tool for executing effective email campaigns. The intuitive interface and user-friendly design made it easy to navigate and utilize the platform's functionalities. The analytics and reporting features provided valuable insights that helped me optimize my email marketing strategies. While there were some limitations in terms of integration options, it did not significantly impact the overall experience. I found iContact to be a reliable and efficient solution for my email marketing needs, and I would recommend it to others seeking a comprehensive email marketing platform.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about iContact was its robust email marketing features. The platform offered a wide range of tools for designing, creating, and managing email campaigns. I particularly enjoyed the drag-and-drop editor, which made it easy to customize and personalize email templates. The automation capabilities were also impressive, allowing me to set up automated workflows and targeted campaigns based on user behavior. Additionally, the analytics and reporting features provided valuable insights into campaign performance and audience engagement.

Cons

While iContact had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited integration options with third-party platforms. Although it had some popular integrations available, there were certain specific applications or systems that I wished I could seamlessly connect with iContact. Having more integration options would have made it easier to synchronize data and streamline processes across different platforms.

Marek, Thank you so much for you awesome review! We will pass along your feedback to our product team.

DS

Doug S.

Design, self-employed

We find iContact always exceeds our expectations, really! Friendly folks, easy to use, inexpensive.

It makes my life loads easier. I can use my graphic design abilities to make eye catching emails and that intrigues people which leads them to want more information about our church. I can whip up an email in less than half the time it took prior to contracting with iContact. Also, being able to call customer support and rarely have to be on hold is a benefit along with the support coming from people who are easy to talk to, who converse as real people rather sounding mawkish.

Pros

The flexibility and ease involved to create stunning emails - in our case, weekly church eNews; monthly newsletter and special announcements. The new web site was a major thrust forward in our ability to look loads more professional and that draws visitors to our doors. The customer support team are friendly, down-to-earth and never sound like they are reading from a script. They listen well,...

Cons

We would welcome and make use of a larger variety of templates if they were available. Currently templates favor clients who are in the sales market. This challenges us to be creative in modifying a beautiful template from sales to event promotion. More templates for the non-profit and religious clients would, frankly, be a blessing.

Hello Doug. We are so excited that you have been an iContact customer over the last 8 years. It makes us happy to hear that you have been able to create more professional emails with iContact in half the time! Thank you for your feedback about adding more templates as well. As you mentioned we are always open to suggestions for improvement, and will pass your comments along to our Product Management team for possible updates in a future release.

Lauren B.

11-50 employees

iContact helps me be successful at my job

Pros

iContact is a very user friendly product for anyone. My company sends thousands of emails a week and we are always very pleased with how easy it is to create an email and send it immediately. I also really enjoy the dashboard, it helps me keep track knowing what emails have been sent and what emails I have yet to send. i also appreciate that iContact technology can delete any duplicate people in a contact list. That saves me time from having to go through thousands of people making sure I don't have any duplicates. My customer support is also amazing. My iContact rep. is always so good about getting back to me when I have questions or concerns.

Cons

Sometimes when I am creating a contact list in iContact, I have several excel sheets I need to upload to that one contact list...iContact doesn't let me select multiple excel sheets to upload at once, I have to do one at a time which takes a lot of extra time for me to do. I also wish I could delete more than one contact list at once. On the "upload contact" box, I want to be able to see the whole title of my contact list. Sometimes iContact cuts off my list title if it's too long, I would like to see the whole title...

Hi Lauren! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Our support team loves helping companies like HireLive who make such a tremendous positive impact. As for the concerns you raised about list uploading, we are taking all product improvement comments very seriously and are working to continually improve our product. We currently do allow you to have 5 concurrent uploads at any given time, but you must start the uploads one at a time. And you are correct, we cannot upload multiple sheets from one excel file. We have noted this potential feature, along with multiple list deletion, and title expansion ¿ and we realize its importance. Thank you again and have a great day!

Trevor K.

A Solid Email Platform

I get the ability to reach my customers and turn them into return customers week after week and year after year.

Pros

iContact is easy to use in most cases. There are tons of different templates and creating your own email template is a breeze. If you get one of the Pro plans they'll even help you make templates for future use, so that's great, too. There are plenty of ways to upload data and keep track of that data. In fact I tend to use iContact to export my data for use on other platforms because it keeps everything...

Cons

I have three businesses that have to be kept separate and my only big complaint is that I can't copy automation plans or other things back and forth between them. So a lot of time is wasted redoing certain campaigns between the locations. I also think the social connectivity needs to be updated. Twitter for one is outdated and the actual website allows much more text to be posted than in-app. They're several updates behind on Twitter.

Hi Trevor! We are thrilled to hear that iContact¿s design services and automation tools make your job easier and your emails more impactful with your customers. At iContact we value being your one stop shop for your email marketing needs. We also appreciate your feedback about copying your automation plans from one platform to another. We¿ve noted this feature and completely understand how it would be helpful. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

BC

Brent C.

Our organization has been with I-Contact for 8 years-we love the impact of the communications!

Pros

We LOVE the new Dashboard, updated templates, and the functionality/features during message composition. During the last several years, I-Contact updated the above features, but before doing so asked the CUSTOMER how they could improve their systems. This feedback was definitely taken into consideration as you could so them reflected in the updates. Since then, I-Contact continues to improve the...

Cons

Only 2 areas where we would like to see improvement. More connectivity options with other services/websites in order to be able to export/upload new contact information. Also, a more seamless mobile app that would allow for managing of content/messages. Also, consistent, new email templates added to reflect more types of communications: SAVE THE DATE, EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS UPDATES, etc.

Hi Brent. Thank you so much for being a long time iContact customer of 8 years! We are so pleased to hear that you love the upgrades we've made over the last few years. We believe that customer feedback is an extremely important tool in creating a better product, and will continue to reflect this feedback in future releases. Speaking of which, the feedback you provided is absolutely something that we will pass along to the Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for potential changes. The good news is that we are currently looking into integrating with other services and sites that will allow our customers even more options for bringing data into their iContact accounts.

Angela R.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

User friendly, Customer service very helpful

I can set up emails to go out before I go on vacation or take a day off and set up the time for them to go out. Linking our website, blog, emails to the email blast

Pros

Images easy to upload, change colors of them. Link to social media accounts. I copy and past from word and it uploads easy. Contacts- i like having different lists so I can email just that list/group

Cons

I would like to Link multiple social media accounts. Facebook linked in twitter. i would also like Pinterest and Instagram on the social sites. Maybe i can do this but i just thought of can I do a timed post to just social media? Also tagging others on social media before I send out the email. Just thoughts. other service could be sales leads

Hi Angela. Thank you for your review! It is excellent to hear that uploading and editing images has been an easy process for you. Including that visual element in your messages can be a key factor in driving higher open rates, and we want to make it as easy as possible. We also appreciate your feedback about adding social media options such as Pinterest and Instagram, and will certainly take this into account as we plan out future releases. You can schedule social media posts using the Social tab in your account. I hope that this helps, but if you have any further questions feel free to reach back out to us! https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

NP

Nancy P.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

I have been using I contacts for four years. It was an easy tool to learn and great for marketing.

This is the main tool I use to do internet marketing to my contact list of more than 3000 clients.

Pros

I can set up email blasts in advance. When I go on vacation, I set up 3 or 4 email blasts in advance that will go out as scheduled! The advance tier customer service is super helpful and easy to get in contact with. I give this company 5 stars on customer support.

Cons

With the latest revisions made, I have fewer critiques. Adding an image can be a little time consuming because jpgs need to be resized to no more than 200 kb. The spell check is a little time consuming. I typically cut and paste all my text into word to look for spelling errors. It's a bit quicker.

Hi Nancy. It's great to hear that you are using our email scheduling feature! This lets you get everything set up ahead of time so that you don't have to be logged in for the actual sending. We appreciate the feedback about resizing images to 200 kb. We understand that this can take a bit more time. Our goal is to ensure as many of your emails reach inboxes as possible. One way to do that is to ensure image sizes remain small so that messages are not seen as possible spam. We are happy to look further into this to try and speed up the process in a future release. Thank you for being our customer!

Rebecca R.

iContact Helped Improve Deliverability of our Emails

Pros

I have been working with the iContact Premier Services team to build a suppression list and implement a reengagement campaign. This is helping our emails reach the inboxes of customers and prospects that had stopped receiving our emails. The Premier Services team has been great to work with and have been so helpful with building and executing strategy.

Cons

The new email editor is a big improvement but still feels a bit clunky. I also wish there was an easier way to manage bounces - figure out why contacts are bouncing and resolve the problem.

Thanks for the review, Rebecca! Re-engagement campaigns are an incredible way to boost your deliverability, and we¿re thrilled to hear about your success! Reaching the inbox can be a challenge but we are here to help reach as many of your contacts as possible. Regarding the new email editor, we¿re still making improvements to its functionality and addressing bugs. Thank you for your patience with this process! We¿ll have your Strategic Advisor contact you to review your bounced contacts. There are numerous reasons as to why a contact bounces and different types of bounces, so there are several strategies they could suggest. Thanks again for your time and have a great day!

AG

Adam G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

iContact: Email Marketing Program with an Eye Catching and Intrusive UI/UX

Pros

iContact enables us to reach the targeted audience by creating, customizing and sending outbound marketing emails.

Cons

To create and design websites and landing pages, I mist integrate with external digital experience programs.

Thank you for the review! We offer the ability to build and publish Landing Pages. If you have questions about this, our support team would be happy to help.

JM

Jonathan M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Email Marketing Optimization Tool

Pros

Traditional marketing strategies are tedious, expensive and time consuming. iContact makes it easy to create, customize, send and manage email deliverability.

Cons

Unlike alternatives such as Constant Contact, iContact lack website builder tools.

Thank you for your great review. We will pass along your feedback to our product team to help make iContact better!

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

A run for your money (for SMB)

Pros

So, my client was trying to decide between iContact, Mailchimp and other SMB email tools and decided to start the project with iContact -iContact has a really user-friendly interface that's easy to navigate, even for people who aren't super tech-savvy.-They offer decent customer support, and we were able to get in touch with a real human whenever we needed help or had questions (we've put them to the test) -The reporting and analytics features are really robust, and it was easy to track our email campaigns and see how they were performing.The pricing was pretty parred with other SMB email tools so we felt like we were getting good value for our money.

Cons

1)While the interface is user-friendly, there are some limitations when it comes to design customization2) We weren't able to make our emails look quite as polished as we might have liked.3) It can take a little while to get used to the platform if you're used to more visual ones 4) if you're after a marketing automation syle hubspot , iContact won't offer that level of sophistication

Thank you taking the time to write a review and let us know what you like and also for the product feedback. We will be sure to pass that along!

VS

Var S.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

icontact rev

It is a good product, easy to use, user friendly and allows us flexibility to do most things,

Pros

Ease in using the product - launching, etc., maybe we hasve been tamed to use this product and have gotten used to it; maybe there are other better products on the market, but the fear, cost, time of leaving icontact to explore another one, shudders me.

Cons

Customer contact support, working remotely, not that very interested in helping.

OR

Oyanene R.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

iContact for Email Marketing Automation

Pros

Ever since ai started using iContact, it has never been daunting to carry out marketing strategies by creating, customizing and sending high volume outbound marketing emails.

Cons

I can’t complain since iContact accomplishes all my needs everyday I use it.

CB

Collin B.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Email Marketing Optimization Program

iContact allows me to save time by creating personalized emails for marketing via drag and drop.

Pros

iContact streamlines the entire process of email marketing by allowing me to create and send high volume personalized marketing emails.

Cons

iContact mobile application has deficiencies in features compared to it’s cloud based solution for mobile and PC.

Thank you for the great review! We will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

11-50 employees

I've used iContact for the last five years.

Pros

iContact is a low cost solution for basic email marketing. You have access to a strategic advisor. My strategic advisor always provides thorough answers and/or solutions when requested. iContact offers automation with workflows that are easy and quick to build. The user interface is easy to understand.

Cons

The response time to fix API issues can be slow. iContact does not offer a post unsubscribe survey. I'm not able to download user profile information when exporting email send statistics - this is important for me when I want to do a quick analysis on my data.

Thank you very much for being a long time iContact customer! We are happy to hear that you have been able to quickly and easily design automations with workflows using your iContact Pro account. We like this feature so much we plan to make it available to all iContact accounts. Thank you as well for your feedback, particularly about adding a post unsubscribe survey. This is being shared with our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Best Customer Service out there

Excellent. But as good as the software is, the customer service is even better. I have a dedicated account rep who takes care of all our needs, is just an email or phone call away and is incredibly responsive. You can't ask for more than that.

Pros

For me it had to be easy. We use iContact not only for our own email marketing but also for dozens of clients who we do newsletters for. That means, we can be managing 50+ accounts at one time. That is a feature that was non negotiable. We had to make sure that the data wasn't commingled among clients and that each client could have their own account access info and get their own reports, etc. Ease was critical as we have different aged clients with different levels of technology knowledge.

Cons

I don't have any pet peeves with this product. I've been using it for 10 years so I'm coming up with zero cons.

Thank you for your kind word and being an iContact customer for 10 years!

KE

Karen E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

iContact allows me to engage members and others to get information out fast!

Lots of functionality in communicating with our member base as well as our broader base of contacts. Keeps us in front of those we are targeting with our information.

Pros

I like the ease of selecting all or just some contact lists for individualized messages. Formatting is easy, and you can switch seamlessly between HTML and Design mode while working on your message. Customer service has always been very responsive anytime I have had a problem or question.

Cons

The one thing I wish I could do is edit images within the document if the sizing is not quite right. If they can ever get this functionality going, it will be perfect!

Hi Karen. Thank you for your review. We're so happy that we're meeting business needs, whether it's with our email editor, list management or even customer support. Providing an exceptional customer experience is our team's primary goal. We also appreciate the feedback around image resizing. We're constantly evolving the platform, so we will keep this feedback top of mind. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

JM

Jeff M.

I have used Icontact for over 7 years and Love It.

Pros

Ease of use and up time. Emails get delivered and social media integration is Great. The tracking tools give great feedback. Contact management is easy to use when adding and deleting contacts and creating groups.

Cons

Needs more created templates for quick editing and use. When it comes to contacts and subscriber counts, subscribers who have opted out is counted in total number of subscribers in the pricing of various plans. I understand that those subscribers have to be stored to block unwanted email but you shouldn't be penalized by counting them as part of the number of subscribers in your plan. Only active subscribers should be counted in that number.

Hi Jeff. We appreciate you being a loyal customer for over 7 years! It is excellent to hear that you are getting such great feedback from our tracking tool. It is so important not only to communicate with your contacts, but to actually see how effective that communication was. Thank you for the feedback about how subscribers are counted. Hopefully we can clear up any confusion related to this number. Our standard iContact plans charge based on the number of subscribers in your account. Contacts who have opted out of your messages are still listed on your Contacts page, and even counted in your total number of contacts. However, only the contacts who can actually receive emails (subscribers) are counted for pricing purposes. Thank you so much for choosing iContact!

EB

Ewa B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

iContact: Email Marketing GURU

Pros

It is way too easy to create and customize marketing emails with iContact.

Cons

I have used iContact for an extended duration now and it barely fail to accomplish my needs.

EO

Esther O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

iContact Review by Head Operations & Sales

Pros

I am able to create, customize and send high volume outbound marketing emails with iContact.

Cons

It has been way too good that I have never come across any challenge.

NK

Nichole K.

A great platform to engage with customers and plays a key role in any marketing strategy

Pros

The software has come a long way from its earlier stages. The editor is VERY user friendly, but of course has its quirks just like any email software. iContact has worked the best for us, and given us the ability to create an email marketing strategy that is fine tuned to our audience and what they respond to. There is a lot of flexibility and functions that make this product easily tailored to your specific needs as a brand or business. One of our favorite things though, is the support team and specifically our own specialist that has an answer for every problem. He has gone above and beyond to make our experience as smooth and effective as possible.

Cons

As we mentioned, there are quirks with any email software. In particular there are some design/layout functionalities in the new editor that sometimes don't line up just right - or at least don't give us the full access to configure the email certain ways. But we always find an alternative way to make it work.

Hi Nichole! Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you're liking the new email editor and we have so much more to come in 2018. As you mentioned, we have a fantastic support and services team who are always eager to help in any way they can, including taking any feedback on quirks or enhancement requests and passing it along to the product and development team. Please feel free to reach out to your specialist with specifics - we're always doing our best to improve based on customer feedback.

RD

Ram D.

Construction, 201-500 employees

iContact issa Robust Email Marketing Automation Program

Pros

iContact offers a lot of free templates that makes it easy to create and customize marketing emails.

Cons

Everything I perform with iContact suits my needs.

RN

Rhiannon N.

Arts and Crafts, 51-200 employees

I love iContact and the support I receive from my advisor.

Easy to use and the peace of mind that all of our communications are responsive and beautiful in our readers' inboxes.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and teach to my colleagues. iContact is always looking to improve their products and roll out new features so it grows as our email marketing plans do. They're also open to feedback and value the input of their users.

Cons

I wish there was a summary at the end riiiiight before you send a message where you can see what lists you're sending to and what lists you've excluded. Would make the "Scheduled Messages" feature *that much more* functional for us.

Thanks for your review, Rhiannon. Delivering an exceptional customer experience is a top priority for our team, so we're happy to hear that we're meeting your needs. We also appreciate your suggestion for a scheduling summary. As you mentioned, we're constantly growing our platform, so we'll keep your feedback in mind as we continue to evolve. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

RM

Robert M.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

As Easy as using a DND Website Builder

iContact wasn't the best email campaign manager when I fist started using it several years ago, but it has since developed into a great program that is equal to its competitors in every feature that I utilize.

Pros

The new templates are super easy to use and make for very easy team collaboration, even when members of a team are very inexperienced with iContact.

Cons

iContact doesn't have the name recognition that Constant Contact has or even Wordpress to some extent. Thus, I do run into problems trying to convince others that iContact works just as well (and in some cases, better) than those others.