iContact Logo

Email marketing , automation, and landing page software

iContact Reviews - Page 3

SF

Scott F.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

iContact has always provided the best services and support for bulk email marketing.

iContact allows me to create and send very engaging emails to my clients and prospective clients with anything from newsletters to sales emails. They also work very hard and closely with me to keep my emails relevant and my social media sites active.

Pros

I have a larger account and my dedicated iContact account reps are fantastic and do all sorts of things to help me grow my lists and increase my exposure to my clients. Integration with social media and many different platforms and apps is a huge plus, and their interface is plenty powerful while still being easy to use too.

Cons

They have a good number of templates available but I feel like they are too basic for normal needs, so that needs to be updated and broadened. I also would like to see their support for troubleshooting emails across different platforms and viewers extended.

Hello Scott. We are glad that you have had such a good experience with your account managers and integrations with social media. When customers send out their messages we want to ensure they reach as many contacts as possible. Utilizing the social media integrations is a great way to accomplish that! Thank you for your feedback about adding more advanced templates. This information will be passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be taken into account as we continue to add new and improved templates.

BB

Bradley B.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

A more frugal and efficient option than other competitive offerings.

Good (cheaper) alternative option for email campaigns over competitors.

Pros

Ease-of-use, template design (copy/paste) was simple and straightforward, email/lead file management was easy, and good customer support.

Cons

Ability to change/edit existing templates required extra support.

Thank you for the great review. Glad you were able to get the support you needed. I can provide the product team with feedback if you can provide more detail around your experience.

PA

Peg A.

Ease of use. Some flexibility loss with change of software.

Pros

Rapid distribution is helpful, particularly when time is of the essence- as in an announcement that is time sensitive.

Cons

Limited framework of colors, boxes, etc. The former software had more flexibility in layout. When the changeover was made, the help desk was booked a week out.

Hi Peg, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It's great to know that iContact has been able to help by sending out your time sensitive emails. We appreciate your feedback about our new email editor as well. We know how valuable your time can be, and are always looking for ways to make creating your message a smoother process. I also noticed that you are a non-profit organization in North Carolina. To help do our part we've decided to offer free accounts to non-profits in our area. I've adjusted your account so that on your next renewal you will convert over to a 10,000 subscriber account at no charge. I hope that this helps, and please let us know if you have any other questions along the way!

KC

Karen C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Works great for us

We've had to contact support a couple of times and they have been helpful. The level we purchased isn't a comprehensive marketing solution. But we came back to it after having trouble with ClickDimensions, it actually works better.

Pros

When I want to send out an email, I go into my list of prior emails, make changes, and send. It's very easy. It has all of the functionality we need for sending out bulk emails.

Cons

The editor is a bit clunky. It does take a bit of time to create a new email format. Sometimes it doesn't behave like it is supposed to. But once you save that new format you can use it over and over.

Hello Karen, Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it! All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Cindy T.

11-50 employees

Easy to use!

Pros

The ability to schedule emails to go out over the weekend. When I am home relaxing, the software is reaching out to qualified candidates on my behalf.

Cons

When I send myself a test message from iContact or send a test message to a co-worker in the same office, probably 50% of the time, the test message is found in our junk mail.

Hello Cindy, The ability to schedule emails so that you don't have to do that additional weekend work is a popular feature that we're glad to hear you are utilizing! Based on the information you included it sounds like emails may be having a difficult time making it to the inboxes of you and your co-workers due to your company's spam filters. Please review our Help Article on why emails go to spam and how to resolve the issue here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/docs/view/en-us/icontact-for-salesforce/why-emails-go-to-spam. If you are still encountering problems our support team is happy to help troubleshoot further!

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

iContact is easy enough to use for our mass email needs, but I feel that it could be better.

Pros

The new email templates are nice and easy to use once you get the hang of it. The analytics and insights are helpful in gauging how many people are seeing our messages. I also like the ease with which we can add and remove contacts.

Cons

The new templates are easier to use than the original email layout, but there are an awful lot of steps in the formatting. I feel like that process could be streamlined. Also, I understand that our account doesn't allow for tons of file storage, but it would be nice if the individual file/asset upload size was a bit bigger. I also think that there could be a more user-friendly way to re-verify contacts. We have over 8,000 contacts we email regularly but the process to re-verify contacts to keep our lists healthy is really confusing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear that you have been able to easily add and remove contacts from your account. We understand the importance of being able to manage your contacts with ease, which is why we really appreciate your feedback regarding re-verifying contacts. We respect your desire to maintain a current and healthy list. All of your feedback has been passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing and feature-rich

iContact is great in terms of features, customer support, and ease of use. If you can afford it, go for it. It will eventually pay off.

Pros

I have been using iContact for over 3 years now and never had any major issues with them. Email marketing gets a whole lot easier with iContact's features and amazing tools. The best thing about iContact is the ease of use. You can get started without any training. They have kept things simple, user-friendly, and their interface is top-notch. Drag-and-drop builder is another reason why its hard to...

Cons

My only concern is price. It is expensive as compared to other email marketing services. Additionally, they don't have any free plan. Most of their competitors have like MailChimp and mailerlite.

This product brings you from the 1980"s to the year 2017 in a flash!

It is helping me make more money with less Employees.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. Upload an excel file or files and GO! It is easily organized by any criteria you decide and uploaded so you can start using immediately. I love being able to email a 1000 or a 100 clients in one email blast. It is making me money. :)

Cons

The DO NOT CONTACT feature. We should receive at least one email asking us to remove from a database before being placed on DNC.

Thank you for the review! We love helping you grow your business and be successful. Ease of use is one of our top priorities, so we appreciate the feedback. Regarding the Do Not Contact process, we have a very strict anti-spam policy and a part of that is enabling contacts to opt-out of emails at any point. This allows us to provide excellent inbox placement and be in accordance with CAN-SPAM regulations. Thank you again, and have a great day!

oa

olga a.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

great tool for business marketing

Pros

easy to use, keeping changes without saving

Cons

not enough options (template),not available report of users who opened or not . It would be helpful to have option of 6 month inactivity to easy remove inactive accounts. Also you count one person as 2 or 3 if i put it to different lists. It's the same email and should be counted as 1.

Olga, Thank you for the review. In reading your comments, we will be adding more templates and you can use segments to see inactive contacts! Contact support and they can assist there. Also, it seems that you may not be on one of our newer plans which works on total contacts and not subscribers! This will help with your limits. Contact us and we can help!

CB

Chloe B.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Review of iContact

I hold iContact in very high regard, particularly because of it's customer service. The strategic advisors are very helpful and attentive; they always respond quickly and helpfully.

Pros

I love the template builder functionality and that it's still an option to use the HTML Template builder. Our CRM is very particular about the types of email templates we can send out of it and iContact has helped us navigate this issue. It's very easy to train people in and to build eye-catching templates.

Cons

I would prefer to have larger subscriber limits and I would prefer to be able to do functional HTML file exports for certain templates. I also think the reporting data has a lot of blindspots. I would also like to be able to make template copies across user folders without having to enlist my strategic advisor's help.

Great tool!

Pros

I love the flexibility this software offers. The drag-and-drop capability makes it possible to create any look you want, and the ability to reuse content from previous sends has made my life easy. We can also manage any number of separate client folders for sends on their behalf. The support team is great and our strategic account manager has been a fantastic resource for understanding the analytics and recommending ways to improve our stats.

Cons

Some of the capability can be tricky as a new user, so that makes it difficult to have others step in and be able to quickly create messages. Training is key. I also wish there was a better way to connect our internal contacts database with the iContact database, right now I have to manually upload contact lists regularly.

Prudencia F.

Research, 51-200 employees

All things considered, IContact was the ideal choice for me, as it enabled me to create effective email campaigns with minimal effort.

Pros

I found IContact to be an incredibly user-friendly email marketing service. Its user interface was easy to understand, making it simple to create, customize and personalize newsletters and forms. I was especially impressed with the drag-and-drop design feature that allowed me to produce attractive campaigns quickly and efficiently.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I disliked about iContact. It's a great platform for managing email campaigns and building relationships with customers.

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you find iContact easy to use!

SS

Shannon S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

iContact is the least stressful part of my job.

Pros

iContact is super intuitive and easy to use, and with every update, more. I rarely have issues with the software, but when I do, my advisor is always available and is quick to help with solutions. He also has helped us increase our opens and clicks exponentially.

Cons

The only con I have is that there isn't a way to export Survey reports as a pdf. There's a workaround, but that would make my life just a little easier.

Hi Shannon. We're so happy to hear that we're able to provide such a "stress-free" experience for you! The team strives to provide the best user experience in the industry, so we're glad that we're delivering so much value in the form of increased opens and clicks. We love hearing success stories like that. We also appreciate your feedback about exporting surveys. As we continue to evolve the platform, we'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

MK

Marcy K.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

I've used iContact for years. It's the best value for the money & the customer service is fantastic.

It keeps us in touch with our clients with ease and for a good price.

Pros

The customer service. It is always excellent and they go above and beyond to help. Day/Evening whatever, I've gotten great service. I use them for my employer for over 5 years, but I was also volunteering for a small non-profit group that had a tiny budget. Their salesperson was fantastic setting us up with what we needed for little money, and thinking about what we might need for the future. I was really impressed. When I have had questions or the rare problem they helped right away, either on chat or the phone.

Cons

Perhaps they might not be as fancy as other companies, but redesigning our newsletters isn't something we do often, so we might not be taking advantage of all the new stuff they have put in place.

Hi Matt. Thank you so much for the rave review of our customer service team! We are pleased to have a truly knowledgeable and caring staff to help you with any questions you have along the way. If you are ever interested in learning more about our new features and how to use them, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team for help. Thank you for being a loyal iContact customer!

Jennifer B.

As a user of iContact for 8 years now, we are true loyalists of the product.

Pros

The software is easy to use, even for the most novice of users and advanced pros. We can create beautiful emails for every project big or small. Our account houses over 22,000 emails in our data base and we've never been concerned about the safety of our account knowing iContact is a robust program that takes our clients confidentiality at the top of its priorities. The software is easy to learn, so easy, we even train our interns on the program so they can help with all of our email marketing. The analytics are easy to read and give full detail on all of the insights of each email we send.

Cons

You can have multiple people signed into the account at once, but you don't know when someone else is signed in.

Hi Jennifer. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer for the past 8 years! We are happy to see that you brought up your faith in our safety and security. This is such an important aspect of email marketing, and we have worked hard to ensure you can trust us to keep this information safe. We appreciate your suggestion to show when someone else is signed into your account. We will take that into consideration as we plan for future releases.

MK

Meghann K.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

For Small Businesses ONLY

Overall, I love iContact for small businesses. I would look elsewhere for bigger businesses with more than 10+ on staff. It could be more user friendly, but it gets the job done and works for our law firm.

Pros

It's extremely easy to deploy automated marketing campaigns, newsletters, quick information to your target audience using this platform. I enjoyed the ease of use in terms of sending out an email. It's nice for small business owners who don't have the time, energy, or resources to allocate to figuring out an email marketing platform.

Cons

I love this platform, but it's extremely out-of-date compared to other email platforms. For example, it's impossible to edit a template. For it being 2022, I would assume this would be easier from a user-friendly perspective.

Meghann, thank you for your review! It is possible to edit a template. If you need assistance, our support team can help.

RC

Reginald C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy and fast way to get timely emails delivered to our contacts.

Great deliverability to inboxes and easy set up and import of contacts! I don't have to worry about going to people's spam or junk box.

Pros

I like that you are easily able to create HTML emails and if you don't know HTML, they have ready-made templates that you can use where you can just plug and send. I also like the rate of deliver where emails are going to inboxes and not junk mail - makes for better metrics when you look at opens and clicks.

Cons

The ability to copy and paste a URL to create a new HTML message does not always work/format the way I'd like sometimes, but I do like that ability.

Hello Reginald. It is great to hear that you are enjoying the deliverability rate iContact offers! Our Deliverability team works to build solid relationships with the major email providers so that we can get as many of your emails as possible straight to inboxes. Thank you for the feedback about creating a message from a URL. This doesn't always allow for the consistency that we would like simply because there is a good deal of code used on websites that just does not render well in email format. It is, however, something that we are happy to pass along to our Product Managers so that it can be taken into account for future updates!

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Friendly customer service folks, quick to create emails

Pros

Makes responsive emails quickly, once you create your basic template/style Customer Service & Account reps are friendly Good value I used MailChimp elsewhere before iContact and I think iContact's pretty good. They updated the email designer this past year with a responsive drag and drop format that makes our emails easier to view on mobile devices and easier for the less digital-savvy members of the team to use. We send a lot of emails to a lot of people and really don't pay that much to do it. Other services may offer more bells and whistles --I don't know, I haven't looked -- but for where we are now, we're satisfied. For perspective, our usual list has <70,000 emails on it, and we send a couple times a month.

Cons

Creating list segments is tough without planning ahead Bullets don't center with the text Not 100% customizable, but hey, it's responsive! Integrate social sending with Hootsuite or Nuvi (<-- wishlist item)

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the drag-and-drop editor and that you're finding our customer service so helpful. We also appreciate the suggestions you mentioned and will keep them in mind as we continue to enhance our offering. Thanks for being such a loyal customer.

AH

Alison H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Customer service is nice/helpful, the platform is user friendly.

Pros

The platform is user friendly for people who aren't as versed in HTML. You're able to easily create tables/borders. The service is relatively fast. We pay for an account so we have an account manager that is able to assist us whenever we need.

Cons

Their new drag/drop platform isn't able to create any template you'd like so we have to continue using our old templates.

Hello Alison, We're so happy to hear that you are finding the platform user friendly! Our drag and drop email editor is designed so that new users can quickly and easily create beautiful emails. I apologize that your old templates were not able to be moved over to the new editor but thank you for that feedback. It's important to know what roadblocks our customers are facing so that we can focus on preventing them in our future releases.

Good and bad, depends on what I need to do

Pros

For the most part, it is easy to navigate. I like that it is compatible with almost any type of HTML code.

Cons

I don't like how it's set up to tag contacts. My company never uses the feature because it's way too complicated and frustrating. The HTML designers also do an okay job of creating templates from scratch. The most recent one I received had too much coding and took me hours to add in content.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We're glad to hear that you find the system easy to navigate. Our goal is to ensure new customers can quickly learn how to use iContact, while still giving more experienced customers the flexibility and customization that they want. We are also thankful for your feedback about tagging contacts. At this time tagging is only available in our iContact Pro product, but we do plan to make this feature available to all of our accounts in the future. This has been forwarded on to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates.

CT

Charles T.

Long-time subscriber and plan to be one much longer.

Pros

It's fast and easy to use, which means it makes my life easier. From plain text, to HTML, to HTML templates, its' all there at my fingertips.

Cons

You can't add attachment files to the email. Sometimes sending a pdf file would be helpful for a client, or a pic, but you cant. That needs to be made possible.

Hi Charles. Thank you for being a long-time subscriber! We are excited to hear that you find iContact easy to use in all of our different email editing formats. We can understand the desire to add an attachment to your email. Currently we suggest including pics or PDFs inside the content of your message so that it is less likely to be viewed as spam by email providers. However, we can certainly re-evaluate this for possible updates in a future release. We look forward to working with you for a long time to come.

Jessica H.

Very happy customer of iContact Software and your overall service. Thank you!

Pros

I'm very happy with all the great templates and designs! The navigation has also improved a great deal. It's easy to be creative and put out a great informational product to my guests. I also appreciate the information that I can see what worked best within the email I sent, by watching open, clicks, etc.

Cons

This software is a big improvement from the previous software, so it's difficult for me to say what I like least. I don't have any complaints.

Hi Jessica! We are always excited to hear from a very happy customer. It is great that you appreciate the reporting information you can see after your message has been sent. Knowing who is opening and clicking in your messages can really help to target your marketing efforts. Thanks for being our customer!

RR

Rita R.

11-50 employees

Easy system, priced well, professional looking emails

Inexpensive, ease of use, professional look to the emails

Pros

Ease of use and management of contacts, variety of email templates make creativity easy for all occasions

Cons

Lack of integration with other systems, I wish it would integrate with our pet sitting system to help us stay in sync in all our contact areas

Hi Rita! Thank you for your great feedback about our templates. We offer a variety of pre-made templates to help inspire our customers. We are also adding new templates all the time, so feel free to let us know if there are any specific new templates you would like to see. Thank you for your feedback about integrations as well. We are currently looking into making more integrations available to our customers. We are happy to take your feedback into consideration during this process. Thanks for being our customer!

JW

Jim W.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

I have found iContact to work well and consistently through the years I've used it.

It's quick and simple to use, especially if you don't have any experience in coding and the metrics toolbar is quick and concise; so you'll find what you need with minimal click-through

Pros

Easy to change row content Quick response when designing Easy-to-read metrics Simple management of email lists I like the various style templates that are offered as they fit "most" of my needed applications

Cons

There are limited "pre-made" templates so I don't always have one to grab from and I'll have to create one Although I understand the the reason for the types of fonts offered, i still feel that they are too limited in the offerings

Hello Jim. We are thrilled that you find our email metrics quick and concise! It is so important to keep track of the way your contacts engage with your emails, and we wanted to ensure it was as easy possible for our customers to accomplish this. Thank you for the feedback regarding adding more pre-made templates. We are continuing to add a larger selection of templates, but we would love your thoughts on what type of templates you would most like to see. Feel free to fill out a ticket with your suggestions here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us/contact.

iContact is an easy for beginners, with the customization capabilities any expert can utilize.

We have maintained a relationship with more than 100,000 clients by using regular email contact and, consequently, improved our ROI with all of our other products because of brand familiarity.

Pros

iContact is more that and great platform, the technical assistance/guidance is the best advantage for our company. We have monthly meetings with our rep to help us get better at what we do; Take advantage of the customize-able products and measure our increased success in the industry. Our current open rate is about 30% more than 100,000 active emails.

Cons

icontact 2.0 is a little slow painting our HTML code and has some clunkiness to it, but this is common for any new roll-out. I have no desire to change to any other provider.