iContact Logo

Email marketing , automation, and landing page software

iContact Reviews - Page 6

KG

Karen G.

Public Policy, 1-10 employees

I love this product and my strategic advisor is awesome.

analytics, member engagement

Pros

I love my strategic advisor and how she is able to help me make the most of the product. I truly appreciate the access to the analytics.

Cons

Sometimes the templates are hard to use but I always figure them out and the help desk is always there to solve my problems.

We appreciate your feedback, Karen! Your enthusiasm for our software and support team is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience with our templates. The new editor does take some time to learn and we¿re glad you can rely on the help desk for support. Have a wonderful day!

Joel M.

Easy to use and effective.

Pros

Icontact offers flexibility to import professional email templates. From there I can easily edit as needed.

Cons

Formatting tables padding can be difficult at times - sometimes I'm left with excessive line spacing and have to edit the HTML directly in order to clean it up.

Hi Joel! Thank you for your feedback that iContact is both easy to use and effective. We work to give our customers as much flexibility as possible with message creation. You can create an email using one of our pre-made themes, import a template from an outside source, build your own message in HTML, or send a quick plain text message. We also appreciate your feedback about formatting table padding. We would be happy to take a closer look into this so that we can better identify the issue. If you encounter this again please feel free to reach out to our support team, or send some more detailed information using our feedback form here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us/contact. Thank you for being our customer!

RM

Rachel M.

Excellent Message Builder & Affordable Service

Pros

The best thing about I-Contact is their superior message builder, which was recently upgraded. It allows more flexibility if you know what you are doing. Everything is now mobile optimized, which is great compared to the old method where you had to choose.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about I-Contact is the limits on image size. Sometimes it can be hard to get my stunning images reduced enough to meet their requirements. But rarely is that a real problem.

Hello Rachel. We are happy to hear that you have been enjoying our mobile optimized templates! We strive to make your message look great in as many formats as possible. Thank you for the feedback about image size limits. Our goal when choosing this limit was to ensure messages were less likely to be viewed as spam by email providers. However, we can certainly understand the benefit in increasing the limit and will take that into consideration as we look toward the future.

Management Consulting,

We have an email list of around 200,000 addresses. We use iContact for weekly emails to this list.

iContact takes care of the services we need, including handling our large email list. We also use iContact for an autoresponder that works great.

Pros

We use iContact to maintain the email list, and to send targeted emails to the list on a weekly basis. iContact does everything - manage the list, handle adds/unsubscribes, provide useful reports and stats, and more. We also have a second need for an autoresponder to handle a smaller list of a couple thousand emails. This autoresonder contains around 100 messages and lasts around three years. We set up the autoresponder mechanics - everything else runs automatically.

Cons

Many thanks for the nice review! Hearing we¿re doing a solid job for a high-volume email sender, such as yourself, warms our heart because we know just how important email is to your marketing ROI. Thanks again for your comments about the autoresponder feature, we agree it's a real time-saver.

CH

Chloe H.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

A lot of options when creating

Pros

I really enjoy being able to make every email it's own through creation. It is also nice to be able to reuse saved work for different emails.

Cons

Sometimes the tracking can be thrown off when it comes to the analytics

CF

Chris F.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Easy product to use

iContact is fairly easy to use and tracks what we need to track for analytics.

Pros

We were able to create our own in-house templates to use for different divisions within the department. We are a government agency with an eclictic group of stakeholders we communicate with regularly. This product allows us to do that with minimal effort.

Cons

iContact recently changed their analytics graphics and I'm not wild about the "improvements." In the past, I could screenshot the graphics to put in my quarterly reports, but now I have to set up my own charts to present the analytics to my internal metrics groups.

Thank you for your review! We will make sure to pass on your feedback to help make iContact better. Sorry to hear about your need to create your own charts. We hope you can easily export the data to make the necessary charts.

JV

Jillane V.

Limited to what I could do - but haven't used the platform in a few years

Ultimately ended up switching to ConstantContact.

Pros

Easy to navigate, sent emails out easily, and was able to generate reports good enough. Cost was affordable.

Cons

Templates were glitchy, and not very appealing. They were just ok looking. Lacked ability to customize as much as I wanted to.

Hi Jillane. We are happy to hear that you found iContact easy to navigate! One of our goals has always been to ensure new customers can quickly and easily learn how to use the system. We appreciate your feedback about templates as well. Since you have left we have released a new drag and drop email editor with a whole different set of templates. We'd love for you to give us another try and see how much more flexibility is available in email creation.

Gina P.

11-50 employees

My company has had a great experience with the iContact Pro software and team!

Pros

My favorite things about iContact Pro are the number of, and variety of, projects you can get assistance with and the dedicated, knowledgeable team. With iContact Pro you are assigned an account manager that is able to help with anything you need. We setup a weekly call with our account manager to review our email campaigns, analytics, ways to improve, etc. With iContact Pro you are also able to get help with email creation and copy writing, customized templates, testing, landing page and microsite design and copy writing, advanced reporting, analytics and performance reviews, workflow creation, and social medial analysis, branding and image creation. All of these features have helped my company tremendously.

Cons

My least favorite part of iContact pro was trying to figure out how to use the software and design emails. However, iContact Pro has a very dedicated staff that was able to help me with all of my questions. Once I got the hang of things it became very easy to design and send emails and check the analytics. This software has really helped my company save a lot of time.

RH

Rich H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great firm to work with. Service is polished and the support team in exceptional

Manage all our of clients email campaigns and can offer extensive reporting and tools to keep the lists in perfect shape.

Pros

The service is easy to use. Intuitive. Extensive tool set. Smart upgrades. Great support team, both technical and strategic.

Cons

Thank you Rich, we truly appreciate your glowing review! An easy to use, smart, and polished service is exactly what we intend to offer our customers. The exceptional support team is a fantastic bonus, and something we are very proud of. We hope to work with you for many years to come!

MK

Maura K.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Ease of learning & time to create is minimal

we are keeping our church members informed. many are elderly and find our e-mails informative and easy to read.

Pros

I inherited this task from a retiring volunteer. The ease of passing the job from one to another was great. I copy reuse & recreate and get my weekly information to members without spending a lot of time. I can set up , go on vacation and have another person update and add any information needed while I am gone. The spam check results in minimum recipients that have our email in the spam box.

Cons

Having difficulty managing old e-mails that are in the data base. Not sure what happens when some one un-subscribes but wanted to get e-mails. (confirmations on unsubscribing?)

Maura, thank you for your review. It means a lot to us!

Moises C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

We needed an email marketing platform that could be used in our industry (natural supplements) and icontact allowed us to have an account with them. Other places do not want to bother with us. I do like that our rep is always there to help us with whatever problems that may arise.

Pros

I like the reporting of emails that I have sent out. I also like how easy it is to create an email and schedule or sent it out the email. I like that I am able to preview the email in different screen sizes. Very easy to use.

Cons

The new home dashboard I am not a fan of. It has changed to just show quick stats of a single email campaign. I like the way it was setup before. Where you could see the stats of multiple email campaigns at once. I also do not like the image upload portion. I feel you should be able to upload an image directly from the email editor.

AP

Alfred P.

Automates email campaigns

Pros

reliable, flexible, and easy to use. I also love how easy and quick it is to set up A/B testing. You can sample part of a larger list, or you can split a mailing to your entire list.

Cons

There's not much I'd change, though I'd like to be able to embed a user field -- such as first name -- in the Subject of an email.

Hi Alfred. Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that our split testing feature gives you the flexibility that you need to help send the most effective messages to your contacts. We appreciate the feedback about embedding user fields in subject lines. Fortunately this is a feature that we already offer! If you'd like to include your customer's first name in the subject line simply use [fname]. To see a list of all of our standard fields and their merge values check out our Help Portal here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/docs/guid/en-us/5fe3e55d-65a6-a887-1278-416d121ec82d

11-50 employees

Pretty sacrificed with the email service

Pros

Easy to use for the most part. Makes my emails look clean and precise. I like that it shows the amount of recipients in each listing when I am about to send an email.

Cons

I wish I could upload multiple lists at one time. Sometimes when I edit the email the html gets confused and moves my text to the very top of the screen. The only way I have found to fix this is hitting enter multiple times.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate that you took notice of how clean and precise you are able to make your emails using iContact. It is unfortunate to hear that you are having some difficulty editing messages. We would love to take a closer look into this to make sure we are clearing out any obstacles that may be in your way. Feel free to reach out with any questions through our Help Portal: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

WD

Wendy D.

It is easy to learn and use with a user friendly interface with many options to create custom emails

Pros

I schedule a month of emails at a time and can customize the email and send to the different email lists that I have set up. I like the new drag and drop feature to insert graphics or text or the social media links.

Cons

I love the new templates to create emails from, but would like to see more. Sometimes it is difficult to cut and paste the text and have it formatted properly.

Hi Wendy! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using the new drag and drop editor. It makes inserting text, social media, and images easier than ever before. Thank you so much for your feedback about templates as well. We continue to add new templates, and would love your thoughts on what kind of templates you would like to see next. Feel free to let any of our support agents know, or drop a quick like to support@icontact.com with your feedback. Thank you for being an iContact customer!

Mike H.

iContact is by far the most powerful email and marketing automation service available.

We are able to automate our email campaign based on user actions and engagement. This frees up our sales team to sell and not be bogged down by sending emails.

Pros

The workflows are a very powerful way to automate your marketing. No other service provider can match iContact's workflows for ease of use and functionality.

Cons

I have no complaints about iContact. The service works very well and the customer support is better than what I received from Constant Contact.

CM

Cheryle M.

Excellent service we have been using for years!

Pros

iContact is convenient, professional and affordable. It allows us great flexibility in push our message.

Cons

Emails being treated as spam based on the IP address needs improvement, but that is the same for most email marketing services.

Hello Cheryle. Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you find iContact affordable. We work hard to keep our pricing fair for our customers. Thank you for your feedback about emails being treated as spam based on the IP address. You are correct, this is something that all email marketing companies struggle with simply due to the number of customers and messages going out through their systems. We have a dedicated Deliverability team on staff who maintains positive relationships with the major email providers because inbox delivery is a priority for us. I will pass this feedback along to them so that we can work to give you an even better deliverability rate.

DB

Diane B.

Great!

Pros

Constantly improving what they offer users including new templates (great) and many other cool features.

Cons

Occasionally small hiccups - but customer service always works with me to fix it. Appreciate them a lot!

Hi Diane! We are thrilled to hear that you have been enjoying our new templates. We will regularly add more as time goes on, so keep your eyes peeled. Thank you for the feedback about small hiccups. We will continue to work towards a completely seamless interaction with iContact.

One of the best email marketing solutions

I'm also able to create promotions for my clients and run email marketing campaigns on their behalf.

Pros

I like how easy it is to import your contacts in a list, create an email and then send it to your subscribers. It has a clever UI thus very easy to set up a widget on your site to capture visitors. If you don't have HTML skills, you can use the built-in email templates.

Cons

The dashboard hasn't been upgraded in a few years now, could use a bit of a revamp to be more within the lines of modern design.

Thanks so much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. It's good to hear you've been finding our application easy to work with and that you're enjoying several of our features. As you mentioned, some portions of our application could use a refresh which is one of our big focuses in 2018 - so be sure to keep an eye out for the updates.

TR

Tim R.

With iContact for several years. I send out at least one email blast a week. Quick and Easy!

streamlined the process for sending out our weekly email marketing pieces, saving us time and money.

Pros

Simple and quick to use. Very intuitive. Able to import html from other editors easily. Works well for what we are trying to do which is send email offers to our customers.

Cons

We are very happy with it. Probably would like more templates that fit with who we are. I wish the testing feature would tell us more about what is wrong with the coding in our offer.

Hi Tim. The iContact team is so happy that we're continuing to deliver value to your company after all these years. Thank you for your loyalty! We're glad that you're finding the platform easy to use and intuitive. We strive to provide the best experience in the industry! We also appreciate the feedback about the template options. As we continue to roll out feature enhancements, we will keep your suggestion top of mind. Thanks!

AS

Amie S.

Used other for 2+ years

Great Email Marketing App

iContact was great at first at allowing us to create and deploy emails for our clients, but over time, it seemed limited compared to other apps that were online (it seems it might have changed again since we originally used it, so perhaps they updated & improved things).

Pros

I really liked the built-in themes that were available to choose from when creating an email, as well as the option to import my email from a URL. I also found their performance reviews and charts to be really helpful when looking at the results of a deployment.

Cons

I didn't really like how iContact setup their contacts section and how their segmentation of the contacts worked -- I found it a bit awkward compared to other apps I've used.

Hello Amie, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

PB

Philip B.

It's a solid service. I wish creating a message from scratch was a little easier to use.

Pros

Being able to deliver newsletters to my subscriber lists. Being able to save multiple subscriber lists, and it is easy to add to the lists

Cons

The email creation isn't without issues. Sometimes font's automatically change and there are a lot of spacing issues that pop up. Once you get some templates saved you can kind of save your preferences but if you are starting a message from scratch it is kind of a pain.

Hi Philip! We're glad to hear that you have found adding contacts to lists so easy. We will be giving this section a bit of a facelift in the near future that should make it even easier to add and sort contacts. Thank you for your feedback about difficulties when creating messages. We would love the chance to look more closely into what may be causing this for you. The next time you experience these issues, please reach out to our support team here: https://www.icontact.com/support

dd

dan d.

Banking, 1-10 employees

I've used the Service for 12 years

I can get my message out in time timely manner

Pros

CS picks up the phone great traing video

Cons

no complaints at all - great staff is always there for me

Thank you for such and awesome review and for being a customer for so long!

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Great Email Marketing Tool

A great customer service team and a simple way to reach our audience via email!

Pros

Honestly, the customer service is what makes this software one of my favorite email marketing tools. Being able to strategize and focus in on the health of our subscriber lists is something that we would never have considered or addressed without the iContact support team. The software itself is great and has definitely improved over the last few years and we expect for it to only continuing improving. Offering multiple modern layouts that are simple to pull together makes making emails a breeze. Would recommend iContact over and over again.

Cons

Some of the functionalities are a little off and can be frustrating trying to get unique layouts to line up just how you want them to - I recommend sticking to the intended layouts and don't try to overdo your email as you may run into technical difficulties.

Matt R.

Solid Email Marketing Platform With Great Support

Its the functionality and the ease of using the application. A lot of email applications are tough to use and templates are not easily changed, but iContact makes navigation and use of templates super easy.

Pros

The templates are easy to use and manipulate. The other great thing about iContact is how easy it is to navigate the different sections of the application, as well as quickly view the statistics for your emails.

Cons

I wish they had more in depth reporting that could be done on the user level. Also, I wish their was a quick way to delete old lists that still linger in the application

DN

Danielle N.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

So easy to use, layouts are amazing and easy to change to my liking. Been using it for years!

I am able to reach my agents with eye popping emails that they are sure to read.

Pros

So easy to take an awesome layout and change it to my needs. No email has to be the same since their are so many layouts and you can create your own. Updating contact lists are super easy. Love that there is a chat button in case you need help.

Cons

You can not tab over in the columns and sometimes the font and style changes while typing , small issues though.

Hi Danielle. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We're so glad that you continue to find value in our platform after all of these years. Thanks for being such a loyal customer! We also value your feedback, so we'll keep your suggestion around fonts and styling in mind as we continue to evolve the platform. In the meantime, keep sending those eye-popping emails!