iContact Logo

Email marketing , automation, and landing page software

iContact Reviews - Page 7

rm

robert m.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

richlee-icontact

Overall great experience. Customer support is incredible. You can speak to a rep almost immediately and they are extremely knowledgeable and more importantly very patient!!

Pros

The ease of creating email promotions. Very professional looking.

Cons

More email templates for creating promotions.

Hi Robert and thanks for leaving this really great feedback for us. I am glad to hear that you are having a great experience overall. ^CP

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great and easy to use email marketing compaign solution

Experience has been great with this solution and very effective by the way. Highly recommended and will continue to use it and explore new functionality.

Pros

Even if you are not familiar with email marketing campaigns iContact makes the process a breeze with intuitive user interface and automated processes and even greater templates.

Cons

iContact offers a large number of integration but we (not the norm) had a number of issues with these that fortunately with help of a great support team got resolved in no time.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

AG

Arlin G.

Increased customer engagement enabled by excellent technical support

Pros

We've been assigned a personal rep who is more than happy to just on the phone with us to troubleshoot the platform, but more importantly strategize with us the best ways to implement it for our purposes

Cons

The user interface is not the most intuitive, nor are the analytics, but it's ok once you get your head around it.

Dear Arlin, We're grateful for your comments! Your increased customer engagement is our whole thing, as is ensuring that the iContact application is equally engaging for OUR customers. Our refreshed product interface aims to be as intuitive as possible. We are always open to integrating the ideas of our customers into our upcoming development and improvement cycles. If you have the time, please share how you would improve your interface and analytics issues at support@icontact.com. Thanks again for being an iContact customer!

Sharon B.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Great for Email Marketing

Pros

I really like the templates and how easy it is to use this platform. The cost is minimal and you can integrate with so many other platforms. Even with the new laws and restrictions with sending email, etc. this platform is ideal for bulk email usage.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons. I have enjoyed using this product and will continue to do so as it meets my marketing needs.

SA

Steven A.

I've been a customer for two years, and I'm very pleased with it.

Pros

Ease of use, and professional looking end product. I'm happy with the way these communications represent my company.

Cons

I would look for ways to avoid spam filters more effectively. I feel like when using a list where people have "opted-in" previously, we should get a slightly higher open rate.

Hi Steve. Thank you so much for being an iContact customer for the last two years! We are happy to hear that you have been able to easily create professional emails. We know that our customers are busy, and work hard to ensure email marketing does not waste their valuable time. Thank you for your feedback about open rates as well. We believe that customer feedback is a valuable tool in creating an even better product. We also recommend taking a look at our blog post on how to increase your open rates here: https://www.icontact.com/blog/top-10-hacks-to-boost-email-open-rates-and-clicks

LC

Lindsey C.

Favorite Email Marketing Program I've Used

Email Marketing, Event Registrations, Database Management

Pros

The customer service is the best part of iContact. When you call, you talk to a real person. My customer service representative always knows the answers to my questions and on the rare occasion that she doesn't, she gets back to me very quickly with an answer.

Cons

When you upload a list into iContact and there are contacts who have unsubscribed or been listed as do not contact, you cannot tell who on that list won't receive the email.

Thank you, Lindsey! We're so happy that our customer services have been so responsive and helpful for you and your team. We also appreciate the feedback around managing contacts. Stay tuned, as we'll be evolving the user experience for contacts and lists in the near future! Thanks!

CK

Carolyn K.

We've been using iContact for several years and really like the ease of use.

Pros

There are a variety of templates and styles that fit just about every kind of email we send. I can easily reuse previously sent emails.

Cons

As a non-profit we can't afford an upgrade to allow more images in the library. It would be nice to have that limit increased.

Hello Carolyn. Thank you for being a loyal iContact customer! It is great to hear that you are enjoying the variety of templates that we offer. We are adding new options all the time to give you an even greater variety to choose from. Thank you for mentioning your non-profit status. At iContact we value non-profits, and have set up a program allowing us to provide them with a 20% discount. We have added that discount to your account to take effect on your next renewal. In the meantime I have increased the size of your image library to 20MB at no additional charge for the remainder of this year.

Jill W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Efficient and Excellent Price Point

It's been good and I have been going back and forth between MailChimp. I do prefer iContact for the pricing but the template creation could bump up it's game a little bit.

Pros

I think adding in contacts, whether it be one or several, is very easy. I love that it weeds out the duplicates for me, especially with the system I have to copy and paste the contact info from.

Cons

The software doesn't work right in Google Chrome which is slightly inconvenient since I work out of Chrome 99% of the day. I have to use Microsoft Edge to use the software correctly. And the templates, while nice they can be strict and unforgiving. The spacing in between Enter's is a little large and out of control too. And the issue with not posting a picture to the Facebook anymore is beyond annoying. I have to take the archived URL and then put that into Facebook and then I can input a picture. It was better when they made it look like an article on Facebook.

SC

Salina C.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

I was brand new to email marketing and was so grateful for the stellar support!

It's my first experience with an EMS, and they are always very helpful explaining how things work and assisting me with accomplishing my objectives.

Pros

How easy it is to design an attractive email. Most of the emails I get from other email marketers aren't formatted in an appealing way, but with iContact I can format mine to duplicate the look and feel of my website and branding!

Cons

Buttons can only be used for links to URLs. This is not a big deal. It would just be nice to be able to use a button in an email to be able to download a file hosted by iContact.

Hi Salina! Thank you so much for your review. It's excellent to hear that you have easily been able to create such attractive emails using iContact. Our new email editor offers a good deal of flexibility in design, which can be used to wow your contacts. We appreciate the feedback regarding using buttons to download a file hosted by us. This feedback will be passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible inclusion in a future release.

SB

Stacey B.

Great

Pros

We use this platform for all of it's available content... emails, social posting and campaign utilization. It's been great!

Cons

Campaigns can be difficult to build and embed in websites, but once you figure it out steps can be easily followed.

Hi Stacey! We're glad to hear iContact has been a great fit for you and your team. It's good to know you've been able to utilize the wide range of services we have to offer within the application and we can't wait to hear what you think about some of the new things we've been working on. It definitely takes a bit of time to learn the process, but we're working on new ways to support our customers by adding helpful tips and tricks throughout the application and of course, our support team is available to walk you through anything you need help with. Hit them up at: https://www.icontact.com/support.

LS

Luca S.

We have used a couple different services over the years and iContact has been the best so far.

Pros

Ease of use. The platform makes for easy sends, analytics and management of account. I like the ability to see all your sends and analytics on one page.

Cons

No automatic triggers to notify you if you have gone over your credit allotment. You need to monitor and manage your sends on your own.

Thank you for your review, Luca. We're thrilled that you're finding the platform so easy to use. We strive to provide the best user experience in the industry! We also appreciate your feedback around automatic notifications within your account. You'll be happy to hear that we've installed a limit alert banner within user accounts to help notify users. If for some reason you are not seeing this alert, feel free to reach out to your service representative or contact our support team and we'll be happy to provide a fix. Thanks for being a loyal customer!

CB

Charlie B.

I have been using iContact since 2008 and it has been great. Easy to use with great deliverability

Pros

I am an agency with iContact and do lots of email blasts for my customers. iContact is very easy to use and setup for my different clients. I especially like the ability to manage the databases.

Cons

The social media posting needs some work but there isn't much that I don't like about iContact. Also, I would like to be able to add multiple single addresses to a list at one time.

YM

Yoshiko M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

With iContact, we have expanded our capability of email marketing.

We receive one free template creation.

Pros

We used to use Constant Contact but with iContact, we can add segment and work flow. to each campaign. We can target audience which has resulted in better open rate. Also, iContact can develop one customized template per month.

Cons

They do not have survey feature at this point so we have to subscribe another service for that matter.

Hello Yoshiko, Thank you for using our iContact Pro product! With a managed iContact Pro account you can redeem a monthly free customized template, and access Workflow automations. It¿s fantastic that you have seen better open rates using our services. We are in the process now of adding automations to our iContact accounts as well. This will allow all of our customers to utilize this feature, along with segmentation, to better target their audience.

MK

Mindy K.

I've been using Icontact for a long time, at least 7 or 8 years. I chose it for it's user friendly.

Pros

I love that I can create my own email templates and it's easy to use. My most favorite thing about Icontact and is why I always refer this program to friends and colleagues, is for it's superb customer service. That is so important to me.

Cons

I can't put a Paypal button. You can put a link to Paypal on your own writing or picture, but not an actual button.

Hello Mindy. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer of at least 7 years! We are thrilled to hear that superb customer service is important to you. Our staff is truly dedicated to ensuring our customers have the best experience possible when using our product. We also appreciate your feedback about adding a PayPal button. We are happy to pass that along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

SG

Stephanie G.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

iContact works for me

iContact helps me reach the audience I need and create and grow awareness of my brand.

Pros

iContact has very user-friendly editing features. It's simple to put together a marketing email that looks great, and gets results. The reporting features and custom export fields are great to help me track the information I need most.

Cons

I find the automations integration difficult to follow.

RK

Raymond K.

This is a great product

Pros

It's easy to use and very robust, great HTML support...The design of the software is very modern and intuitive.

Cons

I wish there was better way to delete contacts. If there was a way to create a group view where a bunch of contacts can be deleted vs. doing it one at a time, it would be more efficient.

Hello Raymond. Thank you for writing this review! We are excited to hear that you find iContact to be very modern and intuitive. We have been able to update a good portion of the software over the last year, really giving it a more contemporary look and feel. Thank you for your feedback about deleting multiple contacts at once. Though you can select multiple contacts from a list to delete, you do not have the ability to upload a list of contacts to be deleted. We are happy to take this feedback into account as we plan out future releases.

Shane B.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Marketing communications to external customers

Pros

The ease of use, improvements made over the last year to make building campaigns more effective. Also the access to support if I need it is great. The cost is perfect for what we need it to do.

Cons

When building large workflows and automation, the system tends to bog down and respond slowly, causing the total work time to increase. Support offered to help build the specific automation in question, which was very nice, but not needed.

Hi Shane! Thank you for the review. We¿re thrilled that iContact offers you an easy, cost effective way to handle your email campaigns. Regarding your larger workflows, we¿re working to improve upon our automation services. We apologize that you¿ve had deal with slowness in the system and appreciate your patience! Thanks again, and have a wonderful day.

Dov K.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Horrible customer service

No one to speak with, low deliverability, inferior tech when compared to other competitors with the same price point.

Pros

Nothing, i wasted time and money testing with them

Cons

They tried to steal another month of billing and made me dispute with my CC company. Horrible customer service. They also have really low deliverability, I guess that's why they need to keep the extra month of billing.

Cheryl Anne T.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Getting easier to use with great customised plans for our needs!

Learned how to use the system efficiently.

Pros

For someone who is not trained in CRM / email marketing, I enjoy using the new visualiser. We are currently in the process of revamping our templates (since I've joined our company, we have only used the old template which wasn't very user-friendly). So using both old and new templates, it has improved a lot and has been such a breeze! Also, great customer service recovery even though we are on different time zones.

Cons

24-hour service will be great for companies who are in different parts of the world, but not complaining. There are a few glitches in the application but maybe that is because of the old version.

AW

Andrea W.

I have been using iContact for over seven years and I love it!

Pros

What I love most is the user-friendly concept, I can reuse my emails from week-to-week, and the great templates provided. The system has improved a lot and the new features are great as well.

Cons

What I like least is that you can't easily copy and paste images and I usually have to do a lot to make my images smaller to be embedded into my email.

Andrea, thank you for being such a loyal customer! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. It's great to hear that you're enjoying how user-friendly and intuitive the platform has become. As you mentioned, we've made a bunch of enhancements over the years. So, the team is happy to know that they're resonating with users like yourself. We will also keep in mind your image-related suggestions as we continue to evolve the platform. Thanks!

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Icontact recently updated their system.

Use to be WONDERFUL but now not very satisfied

Pros

You can make professional looking flyers with lots of flexibility on what you want on the flyer

Cons

It use to be very user friendly with lots of great templates and customer service was exceptional but now we can never get anyone on the phone to help and it is quite difficult to use. I ended up hiring a graphic artist

Publishing, 1-10 employees

icontact

Pros

iContact is one of the less expensive professional email/contact management tools. It still has a substantial expense, but it does have greater functionality. Merging lists is easy as is sending out emails.

Cons

I don't like that they count a contact as part of your contact list for as many lists as they are on - so it is the same email address on 3 lists (say they subscribe to more than 1 product or attend more than 1 event, they are counted towards 3 of your contacts and that can add up quickly). It makes it very hard to segment your lists or if you do you have to increase your plan and there fore pay more. As a small business fees are very important and keeping costs low if necessary.

lr

lexi r.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great, simple and secure way to create email campaigns

Pros

Very simple to design eye-catching emails and I really love how they've updated their interface over the year and made it even easier to use. The templates are a great start but designing your own email is only a few clicks away!

Cons

Storage space for your images isn't a lot so you may want to delete items after the use and store them elsewhere.

DA

Delbert A.

Real Estate, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

iContact user for ten years

I have enjoyed using iContact and have had some bookings for my vacation rental as a result.

Pros

There are many options to create your page. The customer can use iContact's templates or use your own.

Cons

Every time I edit a page, it lands at the top of my messages. I would have preferred the page to land at the top only after sending it. That way it would help me send my messages in order.

Delbert, thank you for reviewing iContact! For the sorting, it does sort by last edit date by default. You can sort by internal message name if you use the right naming convention. We hope that helps.

GM

Gillian M.

LOVE iContact we've used it for years for several clients and the platform is simply above the rest.

Pros

I used it with many clients while also using other platforms for other clients - the customer service, platform interface and capabilities allow you more freedom and customization all while keeping it simple for the user. I don't see a better service out there right now! I've analyzed the biggies several times for both functionality and cost-efficiency.

Cons

The cost of having a LARGE account is your downfall with iContact. The larger the audience, the more you're going to pay.

Thanks, Gillian! Ensuring that our customers are happy is our top priority. We're excited to hear that we're meeting all of your expectations across the board. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for being such a loyal customer!