Intercom Logo

Intercom

The #1-rated Business Messenger for customer relationships.

Intercom Reviews - Page 5

Intercom, I miss you.

With Intercom, you can provide your customers with great chat support. The way to reply and leave notes to colleagues, see activity, get notified (as the responder or customer) - everything is absolutely great. Keeping track of past conversations, closing a chat after responding, and having it automatically re-open when there's a follow-up message is perfect. Intercom works. Couple months ago (in...

Pros

Intercom just works. You as the user know what to expect, the visitors/customers you reply to via Intercom know what to expect, everyone is always happy and expectations are managed well.

Cons

I never had complaints about this product, it always worked and the customers we replied to over Intercom were always happy.

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your Intercom experience. We miss you too!

Invaluable support and sales tool for growing companies

Handling inbound support requests, engaging with existing clients, upselling products to existing clients

Pros

- Makes cross-team collaboration on issues very easy - Easily add and remove users; highly compatible with a fast growing company - Enough features for a startup or growing business to have a powerful support infrastructure without paying enterprise prices

Cons

- Functionality starts to strain at a certain point; it is a chat tool that works really well and can send emails but if you have call center infrastructure then your systems won't integrate very seamlessly - Their bots aren't very smart, just launched so lots of room for improvement - Support is generally good but takes a little while to get answers depending on time of day etc.

Great for small teams

Really love being able to provide customer support from wherever I am, especially in our current environment of working from home. Way to go Intercom!! Keeping us connected with our customers at all times.

Pros

We only have three people to manage customer requests and questions so having a tool like Intercom can make us look more professional and get answers to the customer in a more timely fashion.

Cons

I don't feel like I've tapped the best practices of Intercom. It has so much it can be overwhelming to digest.

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review Geoff, and I'm so happy to hear we're helping your support team stay connected with your customers. You're right, it's more important now than ever! Thanks too for your feedback on your onboarding experience. The tools are powerful and so it can take a little while to get fully comfortable with all the features. One great place to start is our free Academy where we have a specific course for Customer Support teams and another for managers. This would be a great way to learn the most relevant best practices. You can find it at https://academy.intercom.com. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

It's a pretty nifty Email Software that links with our LiveChat system!

Pros

I like its functionality in terms of how you can assign tickets to each other and the NOTES part is a really useful function for communicating with your team about the email. Also, I love how our Livechat software is synced with Intercom so that the chats come in as tickets and are also saved so you can always look up correspondence for a difficult issue. And thanks for the new feature where you can now add additional emails to "cc." That one REALLY comes in handy for us!

Cons

More often than not I have to reload the page to see the most recent tickets in queue. Also, if I'm working on a laptop with a mouse track pad, there's a strange glitch where you swipe or tap wrong and your whole message is erased. Lame.

The best tool for big teams and projects to work on communication with clients!

I have used intercom and it's analytics tool with several projects I worked with and we needed tools to work with call tracking and all the statistics. Intercom did a great job for us due to its numerous features.

Pros

Intercom has all you need. Telephony, Chat, integrations, mails, analytics. It is so huge that some teams might just not need all of it and just want a 10% of all the features. It is a plus, but I would not suggest the tool for small teams, startups and starter projects. However, if you are a big team, project with many orders and traffic, or you want to have as many features as possible - GO FOR IT! Intercom, would not disappoint.

Cons

Intercom is huge. And it is a burden. I do really like such platforms as they allow to be quite flexible and never need another tool, however, for a small project or a startup, this tool might be just too big to handle and not worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this detailed review Yaroslav! I'm glad to hear you and your team are using so many of Intercom's tools and are seeing the results. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great product to use!!

We are using intercom for improving health care of our blue-collared service providers. We use it as a customer chat platform and regulating engagement over the customer app. And Intercom is one really great tool to be used!

Pros

The automation features reducing the effort of agents is definitely a +1 about this software. The use cases covered by this software when it comes to marketing campaigns and at the same time using it as a customer support chat are very broad and really fulfill the requirements and seems adequate with the amount being paid. This is definitely one of the great products I have come across. There are many other such software trying to replicate the same but Intercom is very far ahead in the race

Cons

The ability to customize the customer front (when used in the mobile sector) is very less which needs to be improved immediately since it affects the brand integrated with intercom. One such feature is when messages are automatically triggered based on certain rules and they all create different chat heads in the customer interface.

A great, all-inclusive app for our SaaS app

This is a you-get-what-you-pay-for industry (chat software), and you can get a lot with Intercom. But man, it's expensive especially for a smaller company. We've honestly tried a lot of customer support software and even after trying other software while paying for Intercom, we've stuck with Intercom because of all the features. Their customer support hasn't been extremely memorable, but I have not had any concerns or issues.

Pros

We primarily use Intercom for live chat, pop-up chats, and help documentation. We've also connected email and Facebook Messenger. I use this all day every day for customer support. Bonus, I can send a one-off reply on my Apple Watch to a live chat!

Cons

Other than it being quite expensive, the only two gripes I have are not being able to send a one-off email to someone not already in our system, and not being able to see images in emails. And being in the photography industry it makes this quite inconvenient!

The best way to interact with users

Extremely well thought through product, with all the important stuff you need to rely on it to solve your CS needs.

Pros

It's so powerful and easy to use! It was effortless to set up, and all our business users (who've never done customer support before), find it very easy to use, and the users love it too.

Cons

The pricing adds up if you want your whole team using it. We'd love our engineers to be able to chime in with support conversations, but it's a bit too expensive to have everyone using it as a small business.

Thanks so much for leaving us this review Brent. It's great to hear that Intercom is solving your CS needs and that there's so much love for the tools internally AND externally! I've made sure to send your feedback about pricing on to the team here. We always aim to align this with the value you're seeing from the product, however I totally get wanting to add colleagues for collaboration purposes. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great for any customer success/support team! Will get you everything you need.

Pros

It offers literally anything you and your CS team may need to run the department.

Cons

Their support team can take a bit too long to respond at times. Really holds up our team from developing new processes sometimes. They've got a lot of features so we've got a lot of questions.

Not bad, but not great

Really good overall, just a little expensive, with not as many options as some other softwares.

Pros

It made it easy for me to connect with our customers. There were some good automation bots we could build out.

Cons

I didn't like the I had to keep the conversation on the web, it made the conversation less portable. I also felt like it was difficult to understand the automation bots.

Hi Kevin, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your Intercom experience. I'd love to hear a bit more about your feedback regarding conversation channels as Intercom facilitates a-synchronous but connected chats across email and chat. We've got lots of great training resources to help you get to grips with our different bots. Our webinars are particularly helpful there which you can find at https://www.intercom.com/webinars. Feel free to reach out in the Intercom Messenger and ask for me if you'd like to chat more. Thanks, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Tо рrеfеr Intеrсоm mеаns tо рrеfеr rоbust соmmunісаtіоn аnd grеаt рrоduсtіvіtу

Pros

Whеn а usеr sеnds а rеquеst tо thе соmраnу thrоugh Intеrсоm, thе рlаtfоrm рrосеssеs thе mеssаgе аnd sеnds іt tо thе еmрlоуее whо саn rеsроnd tо іt. Thе sуstеm іs bаsеd оn sеvеrаl fасtоrs: thе sресіfісіtу оf thе rеquеst (thеrе іs аn орроrtunіtу tо sеt kеуwоrds fоr еасh dераrtmеnt оr еmрlоуее), thе usеr's tіmе оn thе sіtе, іnfоrmаtіоn аbоut whо thе сlіеnt sроkе wіth lаst tіmе hе vіsіtеd thе sіtе, аnd оthеr dаtа. Thіs sсhеmе sееms tо bе рrеttу lоgісаl, but оnlу fоr Intеrсоm. Wе mаіntаіn thе quаlіtу, thаt’s whу wе рrеfеr Intеrсоm.

Cons

All оnlіnе сhаt rооms wіth whісh wе hаvе еvеr wоrkеd lооk рrеttу аlіkе. But thеу аrе іndіstіnguіshаblе frоm еасh оthеr аnd іntеrсhаngеаblе. Thеу оnlу wоrk hеrе аnd nоw, іf уоu сlоsе thе tаb - аll іnfоrmаtіоn wіll bе lоst. Mоst оftеn, ореrаtоrs rеsроnd wіth а dеlау bесаusе thеу dо nоt hаvе thе nесеssаrу іnfоrmаtіоn оr соmmunісаtе wіth tоо mаnу сustоmеrs. And іn thіs реrsресtіvе, Intеrсоm dоеsn’t suffеr frоm thе lоw еffесtіvеnеss оf соmmunісаtіоn.

Great solution for chat support

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive interface.

Cons

It has quite a price point, which may not be friendly on small businesses.

Thanks for taking the time to review Intercom Anca. I'm delighted to hear you've found our live chat and help centre features so powerful and easy to use. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

The BEST Software for Communicating with Your Customers

Pros

I'm in Intercom every day, and it is my favorite tool that I use on a day to day basis. They make chatting and supporting customers simple. It integrates perfectly on the website. I also love that they are constantly coming up with new features to help our workflow. They've made some massive product updates since I started using the software a year and a half ago, and it keeps getting better and better.

Cons

We use Intercom for our email campaigns as well when new users signup. I do wish there were better metrics for the emails. You can't view email based on date ranges. So for on-going campaigns that we make tweaks too, we can't see if rates open rates improved month over month. It would also be great if they had a "flow chart" interface to make it easier to set the conditions and flow for messages customers receive.

Makes communication with customers super easy.

Pros

It allows you to reach the customer anywhere. If they have left the chatbox, the reply will reach their inbox. You see a lot of information about your customer/lead already when talking to them. Where are they located at, what browser they are using, etc? I also like the operator function that asks leads for email addresses and/or feeds help articles to conversations that I haven't yet attended to. The help article section is also great because it's integrated with the messaging so I can send help articles straight from the app.

Cons

There's no integration with HubSpot CRM but it is what it is - they're competitors so that makes sense. It's also sometimes tricky to make sure that I am not 'seeing' messages after signing in as one of my clients. The chatbox is sometimes not quick enough to understand that a person has signed out and it still shows messages relevant to that person. That is how I accidentally read them and so they might not reach the recipient's inbox.

Intercom is the cheapest solution but it comes with a price

It's a good product for small companies. I wouldnt use it if my company had more than 10k customers and more than 50 agents.

Pros

It is easy to use and train our advisors on how to use it. It has a mid tier costumization that allow us to creat tags, different campaigns and measure CSAT.

Cons

Probably once a month the platform is down and we have to find other ways to communicate with our customers.

Hi Raissa, thanks for leaving us this review. It's great to hear that you've found Intercom so easy to use. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing downtime - I'll make sure to bring this to the attention of our Product Team as the quality fo our product is something we take great pride in. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Experience)

NOT $39 starting price anymore. $59 a month for basic chat function

My overall experience with Intercom has been poor. we've been using them at the basic level for three years. I chatted with them to get a demo of their features to upgrade but they refused to give me a demo and finally set me up with a "30" call in which the rep tells me that she won't give me an upgrade after she finds out that i am not interested in the $500/mo annual contract. She says demos are...

Pros

It's "popular" and works well if your company is enterprise sized.

Cons

If you're a start up or a smaller business don't expect to get support. It's very expensive - starting at 59 dollars a month for one person accessing the basic chat. Sure they offer a few other things but like a team inbox? Most organizations already have an email system and a company chat in place. Next level up is $119 a month that gives you a few more functions. Until you are paying their $500 a month locked in an annual contract, you are "self serve" customer. Meaning, no support - just their faq/website. Can't even get a good phone call for help.

Hi De, Thanks for leaving us such a detailed and candid review. I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your Intercom experience, it's certainly not what we aim for. While we do tier our support and sales resources based on subscription levels, the max you should be waiting for a response is 2 days. I'll flag this with both our Support and Sales team as it sounds like we haven't met this...

Most overrated thing on the market.

Try to avoid it or at least not build the critical parts of your busyness on it. Chat and message history both work fine. Everything else is a source of endless pain and despair.

Pros

Integration with communication sources, say you may set up the email to be shown in chat history as a messages. Embedded chats with history are quite nice, it has both the messages and notes left by the supporting team members to each other. Chat itself works quite good and overall thing of a good quality. Not quite sure this is their own development, but it doesn't really matter. Webhooks, these...

Cons

Bugs. They are everywhere. Updates may be lost, updates may be rejected by intercom because of server side exceptions, or mysterious thing called "concurrent updates" when there is just a single update. They have huge API downtimes which can be traced by Intercom's API 5XX responses but technical support always denies the existence of a problem or downtime. Technical support is one of the worst supports...

Thanks for leaving us such a thorough and candid review Aleksandr. I'll make sure to send all of this feedback on to the relevant internal teams as we really do use this to inform what we ship. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Unreponsive and caused a severe service disruption

When COVID hit, we were evaluating our software solutions and inquired about switching from an annual contract to month-to-month. We asked what the changes to our pricing and feature suite would be if we moved forward with that change. We didn't get a response. Instead I received an automated email from their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that our contract was cancelled effective [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]....

Pros

When we were first started using them, they were flexible, had great customer service, and seemed genuinely invested in helping us succeed.

Cons

Their customer service has been incredible poor. They caused a completely preventable service disruption that caused several hours of outage for our team, and have been difficult to get in touch with.

Hi Susanna, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Intercom - this is certainly not how we want our customers to feel. I've taken a look through your account and can see there's an opportunity for us to more clearly communicate the necessary steps when changing billing models so you don't miss any steps. This is something that we're working on at the moment so I assure that your feedback...

Horrendous company, be careful of getting locked in

Absolutely horrible in every possible way.

Pros

The UI allowing to construct auto-messages

Cons

They lure companies in to integrating intercom into the workflows and take advantage of the difficulty of later migrating to another product, in order to jack up the prices to ridiculous levels. We've had to complain multiple times each year for drastic overcharges (think 3x) and fight with them for months until they would process some refund (after numerous lies and diversion attempts by their reps). Unethical company, unethical staff, can't be trusted one bit as a business partner. Also be aware that they do not grandfather plans, and you are at their mercy, they can at any time give you a short notice before "updating" the pricing structure. The most recent "update" would have caused a ~5x in price, getting us to flee to another provider at a great internal cost.

Hi Guy - first off, I want to apologize for the difficulties you've had. Since Intercom started, we've focused entirely on the idea of strong customer relationships and I'm sorry that we let you down here. I hope I can clarify why these pricing changes are being made and provide some more context. We've recently changed our pricing model to a simpler one that we believe is better aligned with the...

Awful product with terrible support

Support was terrible. They often provided 'create something custom through our API' as the solution to most of the inadequacies of the product. They also rarely listen or read the problem correctly and I would spend a bunch of time trying to implement the solution they provided only to find out it didn't meet any of the criteria I provided. You know its bad when a support tool lacks good support!

Pros

Admin interface is visually appealing. Widget is not.

Cons

Lacks basic/rudimentary functionality. Simple things like auto triggering a message at the company level when specific criteria is met is not possible. Tagging system is not easy to use and lacks basic features. Can't customize inboxes as needed. I felt like you product blog was so delightful that your product would be the same but it felt like you weren't living your word. Nothing was easy on this product.

One of the best tools for marketing and support

My overall experience with intercom has been really great so far, be it their integration methods or their User interface.

Pros

- I like the APIs and the corresponding documentation intercom provides, which could be used to integrate it easily in your system. I could set up my system to push the real time details regarding my users to be seen immediately in intercom user interface. - Even the customer support using the simple user interface with intercom became so much easier. All the filters they provide are just amazing.

Cons

No cons which I can think of as of now. Just that it's bit expensive for a small firm. The tool costs per record we save in it, which seems pretty aggressive.

Intercom helps organize user feedback like no other!

Over, Intercom has been great! We explored a lot of options, but Intercom has the capacity to grow with our team and accommodate our needs as we scale. It takes a bit to learn all of the features, but once you learn, you can really make it work for any use case.

Pros

I like how I'm able to tag each incoming and outgoing message with feedback. We use this to track all user feedback and it's super easy to follow up with users by tracking their tags. It's really a game changer in a customer support tool!

Cons

I wish there was more control over how to assign incoming tickets. The company I work for has increased our Community team and it's been a bit of a challenge to scale with Intercom and organize who is getting assigned what kinds of tickets. We've found a way that works for us, but I wish we could customize this (and things like round robbin) with a bit more granular control.

Great product though pricey

it's a great tool, just questionable for scaling our biz. other tools do similar things for less

Pros

its got lots of features, lots of coolw ays to astonish customers and it has integrations for other tools that make work easier

Cons

everything seems to be an additional cost, there are different price teirs, product add ons, etc. they keep squeezing money out of us lol

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review Zak. I love hearing how Intercom is helping you 'astonish' your customers! I'll also make sure to send your feedback regarding our pricing on to the team here. We always aim to align costs to the value you're seeing with the product so all feedback is very helpful. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great live chat and knowledge base system

It's much easier to handle user tickets with Intercom than it was with our previous live chat solution.

Pros

It works, is absolutely all over the internet, and has good support. I really like using it to help customers solve any problems they are facing.

Cons

It's very cost prohibitive compared to other solutions, but you get what you pay for. Whether or not the cost is justified remains to be seen.

We always love hearing that we're making life easier for our customers! Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Essential if you are building a SaaS App

Pros

Intercom is specifically designed to support SaaS applications. If you sell software as a subscription, your users develop a relationship with your software. Intercom allows you to be apart of that relationship. I love being able to see when my users are logged in, statistics about how they are using the system, and chatting with them. I have found that very few users abuse the system. I thought that this would be a bigger issue, but it has not been.

Cons

Occasionally Intercom has had issues with spam. It has taken a week or two to adjust the filters to catch the spam. However, they did a good job communicating progress and spam hasn't been an issue.