Intercom Logo

Intercom

The #1-rated Business Messenger for customer relationships.

Intercom Reviews - Page 6

Communicate with Your Customers Easily!

Intercom allowed us to efficiently communicate with customers about updates to the product or issues with certain portions of our platform being down or undergoing maintenance. It also allowed us to gather feedback from customers to improve our product.

Pros

Intercom is a very user-friendly tool that can easily be setup on a website to communicate updates to customers. It's able to pull in a great amount of data on users based on what you provide to it. You can do a fair amount of segmenting as well to target certain users/visitors based on various characteristics.

Cons

The big complaint we've received from customers is that the messaging from Intercom becomes very annoying after awhile. Also if you setup multiple messages but can't segment certain people verses others from getting the message, they'll receive multiple all at the same time. You also can't adjust where those messages display on the page, since their widget has to be permanently located in the same place when you set it up.

Hi Jared, Thank you so much for taking time to review Intercom. I'm glad you found it easy to set up and see the power in our audience data and segmentation capabilities. The good news is we have a number of solutions to your 'Cons' as these are elements we've had to think about with our own customer messaging. Also, with our new Product Tours you can position messages anywhere you like on your site! Please do get in touch and we can go through all of this in more detail. Thanks! Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great software

Everytime we as a company have reached out to intercom support they are always responsive and willing to help.

Pros

The thing I like most about Intercom is the ease of use. the visibility of all your messages right in front of you saves you time and simplifies your work load. I also love the functionality of how you can sync Intercom up with Gmail, doing this will forward all emails that come to your Gmail to your intercom.

Cons

The one functionality about intercom that I like least is how the email address(s) on the other end of the thread will be notified when you close or reassign a conversation to a different person. This can create a bad customer experiences as they are notified of the steps we take on their email request.

Thanks for leaving us this detailed review Holly! I love hearing that you've found Intercom easy to use and are being supported so well by our team. That's really great feedback on the visibility of actions in email threads so I've made sure to flag this with our product team. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great software! Solves many problems!

Pros

We use Intercom for everything – customer support, marketing emails, live chat, help centre and more. It's become a central place for all our customer communications. We like that it can do so many things, yet it's so simple and easy to use.

Cons

Pricing. It could get a bit expensive if you're relying on Intercom for too many things.

Thanks for letting us know about your Intercom experience Altaf. I'm so glad to hear you've found our product so easy to use and pivotal to your customer communications. I'll make sure to pass your feedback on pricing back to the relevant team here as we always aim to align the cost you pay with the value you see. Thanks, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Support chat

In general is a good experience, just the reporting part is not the best.

Pros

Inside the company, we use the intercom as our support chat. In general is a pretty good, nice interface, easy to use in general. Easy to do in app communication

Cons

The reporting part is not very good, hard to have the info such as how many tickets were open by one specific company

Thanks for leaving us this review Daniela. I'm glad Intercom is helping your team provide a good support experience for your customers. You'll be glad to hear we're working hard on some exciting reporting improvements over the coming weeks so keep an eye on the 'what's new' section in your Intercom app. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

A feature loaded Chat Management Platfor

Have been using Intercom for 3+years. They have added multiple features over a period of time. It has made our conversations with a potential customer and current clients precise and internal chatting also helps a lot. The feature to share saved replies is beneficial

Pros

We have integrated with Intercom deeply within our system. It allows us to offer free trial account creation on our SaaS product vacationlabs.com. We use it to chat with potential customers as well as current clients. All our support related conversation happen via intercom

Cons

It's dashboard is a bit confusing. I somehow liked the earlier look and feel of the backend. The app crashes sometimes and there is a lag in notification popup

The best support tool!

We use Intercom as our main contact channel with our customers and it provides a great experience, I wouldn't trade it for any other customer support tool.

Pros

I absolutely love Intercom, it's super easy to use and it helps us keep an open communication channel with our customers. The ability to easily add images, articles and saved responses helps save a lot of time.

Cons

The articles feature is a little limited, it doesn't offer a lot of options for producing dynamic content like adding anchors or creating an image bank to easily replace images in all articles.

Thank you for the kind words, super happy to hear Intercom has been indispensable for your team. Will definitely pass along your feedback re: Articles!

Custom Bots are really cool

I love going in an building efficiencies. It's saved me a bunch of money.

Pros

I love that this software is easy to build a custom bot with and fairly easy to set up. It has a lot of features!

Cons

The customer service is awful. It takes them 24 hours to get back to you, if they do. If you run into a problem, there is no way to get immediate help.

Hi Rachel - thanks so much for taking the time to review Intercom. It makes me so happy to hear we're helping increase your efficiencies and save a bunch of money! Thanks for your feedback on our Support times at the moment. We're currently working on bringing these down, and making sure we accurately identify and prioritize critical issues. We've also recently open the doors to Interconnected, our community forum as another help resource. Make sure to check it out at: https://forum.intercom.com/s/ Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Live Chat for the Modern Age

Intercom has completely opened up a new communication method to a customer who is at a different point in the buying stage. It allows us to engage and assist users who otherwise would just be browsing the website in the early stages of product research.

Pros

As a e-commerce retailer, we use the Inbox platform to handle customer enquiries and find the software to be incredibly user-friendly with a great user interface that feels intuitive and familiar, even if you've never used it before.

Cons

The only con would be that there's no option for live video call at the moment. I know that's a bit cheeky, because after all, it wasn't designed for that. But I think it would be a great addition to an already great product.

Wow! This is amazing to hear Dale - thanks so much for taking the time to share it. Really interesting to hear how Intercom is helping e-commerce retailers like yourself.

Friendly and adaptable chatbot

It really helps get in touch with our website users.

Pros

Intercom makes it easy for us as a chat bot on our website. It enables our customers and users in general to talk to use live AND to have access to the Q&A as well. We can easily create articles to share not only on intercom but elsewhere as well. As a conversation management, we can search, open, start, close, tag conversations.

Cons

Can be overwhelming of information for a first time user. It really takes time to learn and master the whole tool. Can be achieved only over months and months using it and spending a lot of time using and exploring it.

Continually evolving... meaningfully.

Dealing with Intercom has been great. Their support is responsive. I think our account manager could have better response times, but no real complaints there since we have been make aware (accurately) how long before hearing from him.

Pros

I love how Intercom does a fantastic job with their core functionality -- keeping communication with users relevant and contextually significant.

Cons

Sometimes there are aspects of Operator that evade quick improvement to correctly identifying situations to serve the right information. However, their most recent feature, AnswerBot, has taken care of this weakness. AnswerBot has performed brilliantly and has been really easy to get up and running.

Miles ahead of the second-best solution

The biggest fun starts in the backend of your support, which literally allows you to assign the enquiry to a specific professional. The mobile app allows you to reach, say your Japanese-speaking developer in out-of-office hours if you need him badly. This is incredibly effective and I’ve seen it do wonders both, supporting a client and enquiring myself (I had a bad bug on Tilda which I had support dealt with on a Sunday night!) Another unbeatable feature is the front-end design - I simply have not seen a better UX solution that I would put on my website for clients to use, seriously.

Pros

It has the most logical and user-friendly interface both for clients and support, far beyond second-best option on the market.

Cons

Do expect random bugs and technical errors to happen. The support will acknowledge and fix them, yet it can be an unpleasant surprise if you experience high volumes of customer support activity.

Standard solution for chat with many features

Pros

The product has all the standard features you would expect from online chat with flows, bots, help desk, etc. Support is quite reactive.

Cons

Interface is a bit outdated and some modern features you can see in alternative products (for example Drift) are not available.

Gets the job done

Pros

I like that you’re able to create canned responses for common customer problems. This saves you time and from having to type the same thing over and over. I also like that we can upload pictures within intercom, to customize the program for our company. Intercom allows you to handle multiple tickets at one time through multiple conversations, and you can see when responses we’re read. I also love that you can send a message by using shortcuts on the keyboard as opposed to clicking “send”. It’s all about convenience when you’re handling customer tickets and that’s what intercom provides.

Cons

It’s really inconvenient the way intercom creates different chats for the same person. For example, a customer can send 10 messages about the same issue and it will create 10 separate tickets to handle and no way to consolidate them into one conversation. This is a major flaw for customer service efficiency.

Great in-app and email for smaller businesses

Pros

For those new to marketing automation it is very simple to get going, with no prior knowledge of even HTML. It has lots of helpful prompts to make sure you stay on track. Most importantly the customer support team really do make an effort to help, and they are improving the software all of the time in response to customer feedback. The ability to easily send in-app campaigns, rather than the usual pop-ip messaging is a major USP.

Cons

Adding and updating data at times can be painful, especially as the system allows emails to be duplicated. The campaign system is quite simplistic, meaning that you have to be careful that you layer an automation using exclusions - which is one of the reasons it could be unsuitable for a larger/more complex product and or organisation.

We couldn't run our business without it

Pros

Intercom is critical to our daily support operations and even sales at this point. We feel that it gives us an advantage over our competitors because they feel like they can get in touch with us immediately without having to wait for email. With the addition of bots and other automated features, it makes the experience even better for our customers. Highly recommended for teams big and small.

Cons

Price. It can get very expensive as your user base grows.

Amazing to hear that Intercom is so central to your business, James, and that the new features are resonating with you. Don't hesitate to get in touch if I can help in the future.

Amazing Customer Service Software

Intercom is the first unified customer communications platform for businesses of all sizes. It brings together a unified customer journey management system (CRM, marketing automation, lead management and more) and a powerful engagement solution for every point in the customer journey (such as web chat, email & live chat, self-service, social, and more). Intercom has a wide range of features that help organizations communicate with their customers more effectively and efficiently.

Pros

This is a great tool for anyone that wants to stay in control of their customer communications. They simply install the software on their website and begin to collect and use the data. This is a great tool for enterprise and agencies, who want to provide a comprehensive service to their clients.

Cons

It's a little bit expensive solution comparing the alternative solutions in the market.

Great suite of features

Has solved a lot of customer support efficiency problems for us.

Pros

Intercom has been expanding beyond just a web chat service and we've loved the newer features they've added. It's really easy to integrate with websites and cloud based SaaS platforms. It also integrates with our internal CRM for easy tracking of customer inquiries.

Cons

A little pricey once you start adding all of the features. Also, they are a chat company that doesn't use chat support efficiently for their own customer support. Average response time is 4-5 hours at best.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us this review. I'm so happy to hear that you love our recent features, our team works really hard to bring you new and improved capabilities! Thanks also for your feedback on our pricing and support - I've passed this on to those teams. Although we don't offer real-time support, we do aim to get back to every customer as soon as possible. We are also always improving our Help Center and recently launched our Academy which is full of answers! Thanks, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

For all customer communications

We have used Intercom for years, and have built most of our customer communication strategies using it. It's a complete tool with comprehensive features and overall quite user-friendly.

Pros

I love how Intercom understands the different stages of communication with leads and customers and has solutions for all steps. Its set of features really interconnects and offers opportunities to engage with customers at the right times for the right reasons.

Cons

Being a customer-centric company, I'd love to have shorter waiting times when contacting support for questions or some help. But that's probably nitpicking.

Too expensive for what I need

Good experience

Pros

I liked the quality of the product and how easy it was to use

Cons

The price is way too high for a startup.

Hi Ciprian, thanks for taking the time to leave us this review and letting us know about your good experience with Intercom. I'm sorry to hear that we're not the right fit for you at this time, but do get in touch via the Intercom messenger if you change your mind and we can help find a pricing package that makes sense for you. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

I like the company

Pros

I like the way they teach. Their book and the product

Cons

In my opinion the product is very expensive

Hi Naor - thanks for taking the time to leave Intercom a review and letting us know what you like about our product. It's great to hear that you like the way we teach - our product education team will be happy to hear that! Sorry to hear that you find our product expensive, we try to create a pricing model that reflects the value of our product while letting both our businesses to succeed. We know that the same pricing model doesn't suit everyone at the same time, hopefully you will continue to see the benefit in Intercom at the price point you're paying. Thanks, Eabha (Customer Engagement)

Intercom is a decent tool with broad uses

While the tool has a great deal of potential, the quality of the support and account management teams are horrific. (They used to be much more skilled but as the company scaled the knowledge/expertise of the support and customer success teams dropped off a cliff, often knowing little to nothing about their own product).

Pros

Intercom is great for communicating within your web based product via chat. It's relatively effective as a marketing channel for in-app communication to customers. It has fair amount of rich content options, though they cost extra.

Cons

Compared to Drift, Intercom is extremely limited for a sales/lead-gen channel when used on a public website. It's pricing model is also crippling for high traffic sites. The customer support and account management is absolutely horrible.

Hi there, thanks for letting us know about your Intercom experience and I'm glad to hear you've found it an effective customer marketing tool. I'm sorry that our support and success management teams have not lived up to your expectations recently and I'd love to dog into this in more detail. If you'd like to discuss it further please get in touch via the messenger and ask for me directly :) Thanks! Kate Sugrue (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Support your business

Great. The customer service is amazing and very friendly.

Pros

It is an amazing software to help you connect with your users specially if you have a software business. This tool will give your users a chance to ask you for guidance at anytime.

Cons

The product tour feature is not very user friendly. Keeps on lagging when I am trying to create a tour.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review and I'll make sure to pass your kind words on to our Support team - it will make their day! I've also made sure to flag your Product Tours feedback with the team here as I'm sure they'll want to look into that. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Top of the class

Really easy to use and reliable tool for customer success team.

Pros

Intercom is industry standard messaging and customer success tool offering variety of automation and easy to use tool for our agents.

Cons

Intercom used to be very expensive tool which made it impossible for our use. Luckily their pricing has adjusted lately and it allowed us to switch back from the tools we used in the interim.

Thanks for leaving us this review Boris. I'm delighted to hear that our new pricing structure has enabled you to continue using Intercom as your customer engagement tool of choice! Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

A ton of functionality

Positive experience with minimal complaints.

Pros

There are ton of different uses for this platform. You can proactively send messages to your users as well as use it as a customer support tool. This tools is especially usefull to mange clients whereas Zendesk is better for customers that are not as frequent. Intercom is also a lot more personal.

Cons

There’s a learning curve. It’s not as simple to use as a Zendesk is but once you get the hang of it, it’s a piece of cake.

Thanks for the great review Maria, glad to hear Intercom has enabled you to have a more personal connection to your customers since switching from Zendesk!

Great Tool for Communicating with Customers

Overall, Intercom has helped us scale and reach our users with timely data. Support is much easier and there are some very basic reports that five us insights on our response time. Definitely recommended.

Pros

Intercom is very detailed and highly useful for making sense of large datasets. User information can be easily pulled up and custom fields make it simple to target the users I want with the updates they need.

Cons

The learning curve is a bit steep. Also there are some things like their keyboard shortcuts or the location of some of the buttons that are not well-designed and can lead to incorrectly closing or assigning messages.