Intercom Logo

Intercom

The #1-rated Business Messenger for customer relationships.

Intercom Reviews - Page 7

Power tool for marketing automation and a more human customer service

High power targeting of customised segments with a powerful tool for messaging users. Also, it has a more human and real-time approach of costumer support, which helps to solve faster user's issues.

Pros

Intercom has a set of products that really talk with each other and follows the user's flow since a visitor to your product's website until the part where you're trying to drive engagement. It's integration via REST API helps getting data that is important to create powerful segments to target via in-app message which has higher CTR than email.

Cons

Its price can be something of an initial barrier if you do not have resources, specially if you're dealing with a huge user base. Besides that, you also need an initial effort to integrate with API to get the full power of the platform.

Great for Sales and Technical Support

Even though it is an expensive product, but the service it provides are worth the spending. Easy and clean UI with integrations to multiple websites

Pros

We deal with both the sales and customer support. This software is built for all teams, we can easily transfer the chats to different agents for different queries. As for the sales platform, it is integrated with our Sales software so it is easy to keep track of lead times and see how is the performance of the sales agent

Cons

No issues from the intercom team as of such. Pretty happy with their services and have never thought of switching to another platform

Nice for customer service on a software platform

Overall the experience has been good, but the price is quite steep...

Pros

I like that it tracks customers and what they do on the site. Being able to have customer available to our users at all time is critical for us.

Cons

I don't like how confusing the versatility features are. It's like they made it SO custom that it's harder for the average user to piece together.

Hi Jake, Thank you so much for leaving us this review. It's great to hear that Intercom is helping you deliver such a critical service! As our products get more powerful we're definitely walking a tightrope between flexibility and simplicity, and we continue to make improvements in this area. We have LOTS of training resources to help you get to grips with all the functions though. I guess the best place to start would be our webinars or Intercom Academy where you can find video lessons for each use-case. If there's anything else we can do to help you unlock the true potential of our features just let us know using the Intercom messenger :) Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Can't live without!

If your business can afford this, definitely go with it!

Pros

There is a bunch of reasons why I love this product: - User Experience is so well crafted - Relating the user data in the conversation makes things connected - The mobile app helps replying quickly to users - The different use cases they solve (ending with the latest one: Product Tours) - Their E-books are so insightful

Cons

The worst thing about Intercom is the pricing plan! Honestly, they are becoming so so expensive. If I want my business to rely on it, I will pay a lot of money! Even if I'm in a small business, I must pay.

Great tool for automation of communication with your customers

It's one of the most important tools for our marketing, support and even sales. It solves so many process of interaction with our customers that we could not work without it.

Pros

It's a well defined tool, easy to understand and work with. Definitely being developed properly as constantly there are new features coming out.

Cons

There are some things that look "unfinished" like you can use some data to be triggers for one type of message but you can not use the same one for another type of message. The price can be high if you have a lot of users interacting with you, but there's also a startup package that you can use.

Live chat for E-commerce website - trusted brand

Intercom allows our sales team to engage with the right prospects as they browse our site, offering them an 'instore' experience online. It has reduced the number of phone calls we receive, and boosted our conversion rates. It also allows us to show our knowledge of our product range.

Pros

I like that Intercom has a good reputation. When people see the branded chat button, their experiences on other sites mean they are more likely to engage. Some other chat tools pretend to be LiveChat, and are actually just a contact form. Our users engage with Intercom and we are able to offer an 'instore service' to our online customers, which in turn helps us to convert more queries into orders.

Cons

The only downsides are that you can quite quickly want more functionality. To add a custom bot can double the price, which whilst your customers are getting used to the functionality of bots, and the product in general, can be difficult to justify.

Chat with everyone

Intercom is not only a part of our website, but also a part of our app. So it at its most useful when we connect with our customers. The marketing team loves the web chat though, and it does get used very often. We couldn't function without intercom. It is a great product.

Pros

Easy to connect with customers, prospects or anyone else that wants to chat. I love the notes between my team that are hidden from the conversation. New chat bots are cool.

Cons

It is pretty expensive, the chat bots, for example, are useful, but the cost is high relative to what we are already paying.

Hi Jordan, Really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave a review. Also great to hear that busybusy has embedded Intercom into your marketing workflows. In the meantime we're working to ensure that the price we charge equates to the value you get. John

Great for live chat, not so much everything else

Pros

Really good live chat functionality with the ability to pull in custom parameters from all our customers. The ability to add in other team members at any point (e.g. when escalating an issue) is great.

Cons

Other than live chat, Intercom doesn't feel like it offers much. As a CRM it's very lacking - a dedicated CRM tool is a must for any serious business. As a helpdesk, a self-hosted helpdesk on your site is more customizable and effective than using Intercom's. Another issue is that customers see Intercom as live chat when in reality it's an email replacement for us, but it allows no way to communicate that. Customers expect an instant response 24/7, even when our support teams are offline, and can become frustrated by this.

Intercom

Most of all it is really good. There have been some issues, but I like that intercom has not screwed up our communication with customers. Answers are always delivered.

Pros

How easy it is to use. The core functionalities are super easy.

Cons

I wish support would be faster. I would like to receive answer immediately, otherwise sometimes I ask for something and I get answer after many hours and then I am not focusing on issue anymore. I wish soon you will have resources to hire more intercom people. I know that some of my collages does not like support at all, so you might consider getting more feedback about it.

Intercom - Great virtual chat function

Overall I would thoroughly recommend intercom, it is easy to use and a great product.

Pros

We use Intercom daily and it is great to allow a direct route for our users to to get in contact with any issues/queries they have. I like that you are able to integrate other tools including Google Meet and create articles for your clients to use as well as sending out messages and reporting.

Cons

The customer service can be quite slow and often takes a while for issues to get resolved and it can sometimes get quite slow.

Thanks for leaving us this review Holly - I love hearing that Intercom is giving you a direct route to your users and that you're finding the integrations so helpful. I'll flag your support experience with the team to look into. Kate (Intercom)

Supporting Customers Made Easy!

We love Intercom and the efficiency it provides us in communicating with our Customers.

Pros

Without Intercom, we would not be able to support our customers in real-time with the efficiency that we do now. The integration with our app makes the process seamless for our customers.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that come to mind when talking about Intercom and the way that we use it as a company.

Thank you for leaving us this review Drew! I'm delighted to hear you're such big fans of Intercom and we're helping drive efficiency for you and your customers :) Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

The best messaging app online

The best customer engagement solution for teams of all sizes. Powerful features, clean interface, fast support. And chat bots that actually work.

Pros

It's the best messaging / customer engagement solution on the market. Great interface, great functionality, extremely good quality products. The mobile and web apps are brilliant, without any glitches or problems ever. The support is also good, responding in a timely fashion. It's the best messaging solution in the crowded space of online chat / engagement tools.

Cons

Intercom can get a bit expensive. However the quality of the product is through the roof and it's definitely worth it.

We're absolutely stoked to get such a positive review! Thank you for your custom - and so glad to hear Intercom is benefiting your business.

Best live chat solution on the market

Pros

Intercom provides an unmatched quality of UX, front-end UX, pop-up, user tracking, and CRM integration and control. Many other solutions try to provide an in-app CRM, however, Intercom has truly perfected it.

Cons

We have loved most parts, coming from a different product we would like to be able to customize the widget itself. Additionally, the ability to customize your mail-from domain rather than their user-generated domain which doesn't look pretty.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Intercom Christopher! It's so great to hear you're finding success with our solutions. I also have some good news for you. You do have the option to customize your messenger, and you can also change your outbound email address to your own custom domain. I'll contact you directly with the details. Kate - Customer Engagement

Fantastic chat, messaging and support tool for every business

Pros

If you're looking for a live chat tool that has comprehensive messaging, support and bot functionality, look no further. It has a comprehensive CRM solution built into it which means you can sync it with a third-party CRM and your product (i.e. an app) to store personalised information on your users and visitors so you can deliver the right message(s) to the right people at the right time. What's more, with a list of growing features such as support articles, chatbots with support resolution suggestions and user tracking built in it's difficult to look at other products as everything you need is there.

Cons

The core product is easy to use and setup but it does take some time to properly set it up. This isn't so much a con as a warning - you really need to invest the time to set the solution up properly to get the most value out of it.

Super intuitive support tool

At my company we use Intercom to manage all our customer support (including in app messages and knowledge base).

Pros

Intercom is super intuitive, it's easy to learn how to use it and explore everything it has to offer. It's definitely the best customer support tool I've used and I have no intention whatsoever of replacing it.

Cons

It's not the best tool for managing knowledge bases, it doesn't offer a lot of customization options. Also it lacks in advanced metrics for all its modules, you can't easily extract the dates all your help articles have been updated last, for example.

You need Intercom to build a successful business

Want to get to know your customers better? Use Intercom.

Pros

Intercom makes it easy to talk to customers which is extremely important to our product and customer success teams. It genuinely helped us improving the product and be in great relationships with the vast majority of our customers.

Cons

We've been working with Intercom for more than 2 years now. They are constantly improving their offering and we find it extremely helpful. I honestly can't come up with things that I dislike, but I wish that the messages feature could be more powerful and have workflows.

Intercom is awesome. Indeed!

Its is simply amazing. I cannot think of any tool when it comes to the medium to handle my customers.

Pros

Intercom is an all-in-one package you can get in this green earth. The way of handling my customers changed dramatically after I started using this tool. Looking at my team performance and analysing it is just one click away. They do not call tickets or complaint or query. It is CONVERSATION. I liked this idea and started treating my customer replies as conversation.

Cons

All good. This is the only tool that I could not think anything least.

Top of the class in customer communication

Our overall experience has been very positive. It is, without doubt, a leading product in terms of customer communication.

Pros

Intercom has been extremely efficient in terms of our communication with our end users' base as well as in generating new customer leads. We have also utilized it in offline communication, that is, set up consecutive email campaigns in order to reach out to any of our new customers in terms of training, utilization questions, etc. This has contributed to increased retention levels, as well as in better monitoring of our web leads and conversion rates.

Cons

For our specific use case, Intercom did not fit our goals in terms of customer support. As such we opted to use dedicated tools, specifically Zendesk, for that purposes. Moreover, while reaching out to the Intercom support is very simple and elegant, their resolution time and process was not optimal in our case.

Work with them for 3 years, still love to work with them

Pros

Really easy to use, Ihave seen a lot of people starting to use Intercom and time and time again they quickly get it so solve support question. Also the nice integration with other apps (more and more) is really nice.

Cons

The article function is not a good fit for us. Its only in one language, you can't add more languages. Also I don't like the view of how their help pages are build (not enough custom options) They are becoming more and more corporate and everything becomes upsell (bots, changing pricing system ( =increase))

Intercom is great for chat

Overall I'm pretty happy with Intercom, however, their price and support are their only drawbacks.

Pros

The chat function is top-of-the-line. Their bots are easy to set up and deploy and definitely streamline support and triage.

Cons

It's email marketing feature is underwhelming to the point I would just use a different platform to conduct that sort of outreach. Intercom is a bit pricey per seat. It's a bit ironic their support is one of the worst of all SaaS tools I use (nearly impossible to get a response within 2 business days)

Great for support

Pros

Intercom makes it easy to have text and email conversations with your customers. We are able to have a plug in on our site with Intercom always available for our clients. The knowledge base is also great for giving clients helpful articles to educate about our product. Overall a pretty good experience.

Cons

It would be nice if Intercom had more features for managers to use such as scheduling, permissions and queues. Although you can sort of do this with the interface, it's quite clunky and requires extra work from your team to pull off. Working out of an inbox is okay, but it's better if tickets are assigned to the team. Tough to do when the team works all kinds of schedules.

Very nice software with only positive experiences so far

Pros

The software is very easy to use. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the icons mean.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow to load. It's web based, so I know some depends on connection but even on great internet it can be slow sometimes.

Thanks for leaving us this great review Mike! I'm glad to hear you've found our product so easy to use. Thanks for flagging the load issue as well - I'll make sure to send this feedback on to our product quality team. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

great Chat tool

Love it, will keep using it. 10/10 would purchase again

Pros

It is very easy to use, both the person chatting in and on the user side. Lots of easy to understand and implement functionality that make the chat experience easy to use for us, and quick for the people visiting our website.

Cons

Security is a small issue, which is the double edge sword of a low barrier to entry. We don't want anyone chatting in to have to go through some kind of barrier, so you need to be sure your people have been trained on the security side of this.

So simple, easily integrated with Salesforce.

Pros

A good portion of our qualified leads comes in through chat/Intercom, and as a director of sales, the fact that Intercom is so easily integrated with Salesforce make my life a breeze. We have had a couple of instances where we needed customer support and everyone there was quick to respond and resolved the issues. My experience has been great thus far.

Cons

There is not much that I would change. Intercom is my only experience with a "chat" software but it has been excellent thus far. No complaints.

One of the main features of the product doesn't work and they don't give a sh*t

Bloated features Not easy to use Terrible customer support Don't fix issues and don't seem to even care. Would NEVER recommend.

Pros

We use Intercom to generate leads for our business by engaging with website visitors through live chat.

Cons

The ability to ask visitors key information such as name and email address disappeared overnight and Intercom never told their customers this feature had stopped working. We had to discover it for ourselves, only to be told that they knew there was an issue and it was not a priority to fix. Basically, it was tough luck! This is after they took ages to get back to our support ticket. Customer service is terrible and they just don't give two hoots about their customers. Constantly introducing new features but not actually fixing the main feature that someone would need! We're looking for an alternative to Intercom and as soon as we find it we will be leaving

Hi Kate, thanks you for leaving us this candid review. I've looked into your conversation history with the team and can see the bug you experienced is still under investigation as it only seems to be affecting a small number of accounts. I know that's not helpful when you are one of the accounts affected though and understand your frustration. (Update: This bug has now been fixed by our team.) I can see you have since cancelled your subscription so I want to thank you for being an Intercom customer and wish you and your company lots of success in the future. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)