Kontentino Reviews

4.7/5 (60 reviews)

Abigail Nwaocha

Interesting Social Media Management tool with Budget Allocation Options

Reviewed 2016-12-08

I created and scheduled my first post to Facebook and set it to go out at 10:15am, however at 10:18am, it still read 'scheduled', on looking at it I realized that the time zone was set to Pacific Midway Rather than EAT. Fixing it wasn't really a problem, however, there isn't a way to automatically change the time zone to each SM profile or 'channel' as it's called on Kontentino. To change the time zone, I'll have to go to each channel and change the time zones individually, which is worrying as I work with numerous clients and I manage their Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc. It would be a hassle to do that individually. I contacted them and Bo the CEO said the time zone should automatically set to my location, however, he would get the developers to look into it. I'm not sure if they fixed it as I'd already set it manually, but the quick response was a definite plus. Another feature I had issues with was the fact that unlike Hootsuite, Buffer, and CoSchedule, I couldn't select multiple channels and send a post to them automatically. This meant that I had to create a post in one channel e.g. Facebook, copy the post and then select another channel e.g. Twitter, and paste it there. It would have been easier to be able to select them at once and make the post. Posts on a channel can be 'grouped' or placed into a "content plan" e.g. I can create a content plan for December 2016, for holidays, for a specific product etc. It is easy to clone the content plan on a Facebook channel to another Facebook channel. However, my account for some reason didn't give me the option to clone to twitter. Bo said there was a bug in my account and it would be fixed. I have no doubts that it would. There are several features that make Kontentino standout from the crowd, such as its collaboration and planning abilities. Kontentino allows you to keep images and assets for inspiration. I also love its collaboration feature as it allows you to work with your client or your team at every state of your social campaign. And when your post is ready, Kontentino allows you to send it to your client for approval or to Facebook/twitter. Another MAJOR feature is the ability to allocate budget to the post to keep track of expenses, such as the budget for boosted posts as well as any other expense the campaign would incur. This is good because it lets you evenly spread your client budget before the campaign/posts go live.

Pros
The Inspiration feature The Collaboration feature The Budget Allocation feature

Cons
The bugs in my account made me wonder if I was the only who experienced these problems, as minor as they may be. I wish the Albums feature could serve as a fully functional digital asset manager, not just for uploaded posts images and videos but to store images and videos for future use like MavSocial.

Quentin De Meuter

Easy scheduling

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-09-03

The team is really nice, helpful and responsive.

Pros
The scheduling tool is really powerful and wonderful for collaboration. We did not had time to organise a training but the whole team was easily on board. I want considering to try out other tools but the team ask me to stay on Kontentino.

Cons
The analytics part is nice but it would be interesting to have something more developed and professional. We are ready to pay a little bit more per month to have access to better analytics.

Response from Kontentino

Thanks, Quentin for your kind words. Analytics is definitely something we want to improve in the near future. Please send your ideas and suggestions for improvements to our customer support and I am sure many of them will be implemented.

Kara Burrows

A great option for planning social content

Reviewed 2018-04-06

Ability to have clients approve/provide feedback on proposed posts for their social accounts.

Pros
Love all of the features and options! I like being able to use their content calendars for both Facebook and Twitter, and being able to create our own labels ("tags") so that we can easily sort our posts. Great to be able to collect client feedback and/or changes.

Cons
Have ran into a few problems along the way, which we've had to contact Support about each time. Hopefully once all of the kinks are worked out things will run smoothly for us!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Wikus Otto

It's a great platform, makes social media management so much easier!

Reviewed 2018-06-19

Increased productivity, saving time and ease of use.

Pros
It's easy, fast and simple to manage multiple social media accounts across different brands. Scheduling is a breeze and the tool saves a lot of time, which gives me more time to concentrate on design and content and less time struggling with Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / LinkedIn platforms.

Cons
One thing that's a bit of a hassle is having to do Instagram posts from my mobile phone instead of from Kontentino itself.

Charlotte Griffiths

Easy to use, effective, fantastic customer service

Reviewed 2018-05-21

It means we can do our job! A good CMS is at the heart of every content marketing agency: Konentino keeps us running and helps keep our clients delighted with their social content.

Pros
The visual calendar layout, and wonderfully simple client proofing process. The library of assets. The ease of reposting. The ability to preview posts as you're creating them. Their customer service is a total dream. Kontentino is by far the best content management system I've ever used.

Cons
No Instagram automation yet plus brands' multiple social channels are viewed as separate accounts, rather than alternate strands of the same brand's activity, so there's no connection between content plans if they're on different channels. It would also be great to have a mobile app where you can reschedule, as well as just post/review posts for the day but I'm sounding greedy!

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Jyothish Jayan

We chose Kontentino because we wanted a Social Media Management Platform with Workflows

Reviewed 2019-01-23

A really good social media management tool which features content workflow. Go for it if you work as a team for social media scheduling and content management.

Pros
Kontentino features proper workflows and content management option which is absent in most social media management tools in the market.

Cons
Sometimes you can get confused with the workflow especially in case of post rejection workflows.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Jessica Vanhoeck

We are very pleased with Kontentino. It helps us save time and we have a better overview!

Reviewed 2018-03-28

It saves a lot of time and speeds up the client approval process (and we can point this out to our clients as well).

Pros
Client approval Easy to drag and drop posts and see them in the calendar We are looking forward to the analytics part

Cons
Post translations (you need to duplicate the post and add a translation) and there is no specific role for a copywriter. Translators are unable to edit linkposts (which can be done if you add a button in one language)

Jaroslava Tomsu

We use it for communication between colleges mainly

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Pros
We like Calendar, overview, tags. We are happy with the desktop app. We miss more functions in the mobile app.

Cons
We miss more functions in the mobile app. Customer needs to comment and change status in mobile. He´s always on the way. Creator has only possibility to see the status in the mobile app. Kontentino often disconnects with our Facebook. Don´t know why.

Jana Palencarova

Amazing. I like it a lot. Kontentino save my time.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Pros
It is easy to use, you can make a simple media plan for your project, control it, and change it over time. I recommend it to everyone.

Cons
Additional publishing to Instagram via the phone application, a small look at the selection of emojis and that is all for now.

Boroka Pinter

generally OK with few mistakes

Reviewed 2018-02-12

Pros
relatively easy to use, the layout is OK, functions always work, notifications arrive safely, etc. etc.

Cons
I asked several times not to receive other countries' notifications, but I still get them, tons of irrelevant mails. THis is disturbing.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Anonymous

Great for collaborating on social content

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-05-01

Pros
The ability to see all of the posts in one calendar so that you have an overall view of your upcoming content.

Cons
Ran into some issues getting content posted to Twitter. Wish it could handle Instagram. Some bugs along the way but overall a good resource.

Chris Burrows

Some glitches

Reviewed 2019-03-31

Pros
Tried this out as a way to scheduled content but ended up with something different.

Cons
Ran into some glitches, some posts didn't get posted, ended up switching to another option that was more reliable.

Response from Kontentino

Hi Chris, I am sorry that you had such an experience. We did not report any glitches with publishing posts. We do our best to prevent any glitches and have a super-responsive support team to help our users make the most out of Kontentino and solve any issue ASAP.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10