Magnetic Logo

Magnetic Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

See full reviews by rating

The overall experience has been great. The platform helps us track and monitor jobs far better than we were in the past, and the support team are always there to assist with any issues we have.
When you change an invoice, it list the invoice using the date and that distorts he number sequence and that make it difficult to search for an invoice sequentially.
That we didn't start using it earlier and possibly that it relies to heavily on us being online (thus difficult to use when there is no internet connectivity).
It is occasionally glitchy and sometimes tasks disappear.

Magnetic users...

Wrike-logocaret

Wrike

Accelo-logocaret

Accelo

How would you rate Magnetic?

Easy and User Friendly

Magnetic has helped me tremendously with the roll-out with the south African and Sub-Saharan Africa region over the last 3 years to keep track of all projects within the studio. Its a great Project management software tool. We had to transform and train various people across Africa, the system had to be easy to use and allow with limited data connectivity in some parts of Africa and some of which English was not their first language!

Pros

The product has alot of functionality of which we currently do not make use off. It is light weight as easy to use.

Cons

The software programme has an app available for mobile phone which is not easy to use as the web version and difficult to navigate around. Some days we not available to login using the laptop and need to use the mobile version for quick and seamless access (edit projects, add projects or tasks etc). We are not able to upload big file artwork in some instances and make use of WeTransfer.

Thank you for your review Yvette! we are so pleased that Magnetic has helped you with your larger roll out project!

Magnetic review

Overall very good. Any queries i have are dealt with quickly, amends to the system are taken on board and brought in if the development team feel it will benefit all companies who use the system. The staff who I have dealt with are excellent and happy to dedicate time to talk through issues.

Pros

It looks good. Easy to use/self explanatory. Covers all aspects of process and teams within a creative agency (new biz, account mgt, accounts, studio). [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and the service team and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for implementation are excellent, quick and efficient!

Cons

I think it depends how your agency works as to how well the system works for you. We have had to find some work arounds based on how we work. There can be some faffy things when it comes to using tasks as well as using the scheduling element. The HR function needs some work in terms of ease of adding multiple leave requests, allocating time available per day per staff member. Could do with a better handbook. The help area never seems to work properly when logging in. No integration with outlook!

Thank you for your review Tamaris. We are glad that you find Magnetic easy to use. That's our aim :)

Great concept, not user-friendly

Great software for assigning and ticking off tasks to ensure smooth workflow.

Pros

Easy to see an overview of all projects and percentage complete.

Cons

Although their support replies quickly, they are not able to customise certain features.

Thank you for your review Justine!

Magnetic Software Review

It establishes the traffic processes for you and makes it very easy as a Traffic / Operations manager to track the studio status.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate your way around, it basically defines internal processes and helps the team stay in constant communication.

Cons

The search is a problem. Sometimes if you are searching for a company name and you type it slightly differently, a totally different page will appear, with some opportunities / jobs / tasks missing, or other company jobs show up on the screen. It's a bit frustrating. In addition, it would be much more beneficial, especially when you are looking through the Accounts, if the CE's and TI's were in date order, so the most recent one will appear at the top of the list. Also, it would be great if the date that the job / Task / CE was visible (not sure if this is how we have set it up incorrectly).

Thank you for your review Theresa. We are glad that you find Magnetic easy to use and that your traffic process is now simplified!

Life Made Simple

Exceptional service, product and has made my life a breeze

Pros

Ease of use, streamlined, tasking made simple and not over complicated thus easy to implement and use company-wide.

Cons

We are so pleased that Magnetic has made your life easier! thank you for your review Chaque!

Love this program

Pros

I like the fact that you can track absolutely each and every job with ease and also who was responsible for each task

Cons

There isnt much I dont like about this program

Thank you for your review Jessica, we are so pleased that you gave us a 10/10! We love having Spur on board.

Great Timesheet Tracking Functionality

It's my trusted friend as I go through my day! I also love the new pic every day :)

Pros

I love the timesheet tracking. It allows me to hit the clock as I start something, stop, start on something else, etc so helps me to keep track of my time even if multi-tasking.

Cons

It changing my Task List from Today to Yesterday when it passes midnight (hehe)!

Thank you for your review Candice. We love that you call Magnetic your friend :) that is the best compliment!

A great software that, if used properly, will elevate your entire business

We are able to keep track of both existing and potential customers. The software assists us in running pretty much all of our internal meetings.

Pros

The software is extremely versatile and customisable. It makes it easy to keep track of clients, contacts, employees and company processes.

Cons

It has taken some time before we came up with a strategy that works for our business. We now have a rule book for how the software is used :)

Thank you for your feedback Philip. We really appreciate your business :)

Studio Management Made Eas

Our agency has been very happy with the system.

Pros

Magnetic has allowed our studio to run autonomously. As a result of Covid Lockdown, there was a need for our Account Managers to take on a studio and project management role, over and above their client service work. Magnetic made it possible for the team to schedule work, knowing the availability of each resource and track progress, and ensure deadlines were met. The system is easy to use, collaborative and allows management to track each job easily in one place. Profitability reporting is now at our fingertips and we have been able to improve our margins as a result.

Cons

1. Some fields, such as "estimated time" should be mandatory to ensure that the team scheduler is always populated

Thank you for the review Deidre, we are so glad that your team is able to work seamlessly with Magnetic!

User-friendly

Pros

It is a very easy platform to use, helping our agency keep track of jobs in the system, flag those that are running over budget or hours, and identify bottlenecks or capacity issues with in the various teams. the platform also enables better version control with documents - and better tracking of feedback/discussions through the use of the comments section.

Cons

Some of the new updates made within the last 4 months took a little getting used to, but we seem to have come right now.

Thank you Stella! We value your review and your ongoing support. We have loved working with Stratitude over the years.

My experience with Magnetic

In general, it is a great system. I think simple navigation and reporting issues need to be resolved.

Pros

- The fact that we can track artwork on the system (this has been very beneficial with lockdown) - We were able to get rid of physical job bags

Cons

- If we could pull a report of CE's with PO's from client that would be great. We can make sure we are not missing anything when billing - The system doesn't show you the last few jobs that you were working in, so you constantly have to go back, get the job number and look again for the jobs. On Chase, we had a dashboard, of the last few jobs, CE's etc. It helped with ease of reference - Sometimes you task more than one person and it doesn't action the second person - If you use a template for a CE, once you have saved the CE, it takes you back to the original job you copied the CE from and not the new one.

Thank you for your review Kerry. We love that job bags are a thing of the past with your using Magnetic.

Simple and effective for project management

Pros

Magnetic is simple and easy to use - navigating your way around tasks and campaigns is a great user experience. When I started using Magnetic 2 years ago I was dreading learning how to use yet another project management system but to my surprise, the training proved that this really is a great tool. Tasking in projects and assigning them to users is easy and this tool in comparison to a competitor I have worked on previously is miles apart.

Cons

One thing that could definitely use improvement is the task and campaign search function - I sometimes find that if you do not type in the exact task name as a phrase you will not find the task.

Thank you for your review Lisa. We love that you find Magnetic simple and effective for your project management tasks.

Greenhouse Johannesburg

Love the fact that we have managed to streamline our agency operations - The data analytics is super key information for us which is so great. Love the dashboards. The NTT Global Marketing Team is looking at operating under a "shared services model" which will be great to have magnetic as our number 1 productivity and resource allocation tool - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his extended team are nothing but always happy to assist/support no matter what the ask. Big win for Greenhouse to have a platform partner like this and key for us - The support desk, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredible and always so quick to resolve or respond to mails - Very exciting times in deed!!!!

Pros

That everything we work on sits in one central place. The data analytics we are able to pull from Magnetic are great!

Cons

Initially when working in it, it seemed like there were a lot of clicks to get to what we needed to do. Now it is 2nd nature for all of us and it's so part of our process and works really well.

Thank you for your review Melissa! NTT has been such a fantastic client and we hope to expand with you in the coming months.

Using Magnetic...

Great. Looking forward to using more of its functionalities and BI functionalities.

Pros

Interaction with Xero is most important. Initial setup was easy and compared to Chase it was easier to use.

Cons

Some custom requests could not be fulfilled. Need a deeper understanding of reporting functionality. Better training.

Thank you for your review Magnus. We are pleased that you are finding Magnetic easy to use.

Review Magnetic Spur Seith

From our previous system, it was a transition with alot more actions to complete to progress a job, however the holistic view of all jobs has allowed less room for human error or missing any action per job.

Pros

A holistic view of all jobs that require action in their different status's

Cons

The amount of emails received per job progress.

Thank you for your review Liza. We love that Magnetic's holistic view has allowed for less human error.

Simplifies keeping track of work and time

We have lots of jobs on the go at any time, being able to easily know which ones I need to work on is a real plus.

Pros

As a user this allows me to focus on the work that needs to be done and easily send completed work back to the account management team. We then have a record of all the work and when it was completed. Tracking time is simple and easy to do, even for creatives who hate tracking time.

Cons

Integration into other leave systems is the main issue. As a user I need to log time once on the HR system and once on Magnetic so the traffic manager can allocate time properly.

Thank you for your review Ben! We are pleased that Magnetic has simplified your tracking work and time.

Use and Efficiency of Magnetic

Magnetic is very user friendly. I did not get formal training. I just got login details and I started exploring the system, and I did not face any challenges. The support is great and covers all areas of operations, ie cost estimates, jobs, reports, customers and suppliers. Like mentioned already, it is an all in one system that is easy to use.

Pros

All is very clear. You can use the system for all including accounting, jobs, cost estimates. Its a one in all system.

Cons

Thank you for your review Roselyn. We are pleased that you find Magnetic user friendly.

Magnetic makes my life so much easier!

Pros

Magnetic enables me to accomplish more in a day and to be able to track my time effectively.

Cons

Can't think of anything now, i found it easy to use on a daily basis.

Thank you for your positive review Sisathi! We aim to make our client's lives easier, glad we got that right for you :)

Magnetic makes life easy

Very happy with the product, it has made billing a dream.

Pros

Magnetic is easy to use and integrates with Pastel, which very few systems do. It is quick to do CE's and the user level tiering makes control of information easy. It shows us very quickly where our projects are profitable and where they are stuck. I like how fast the billing is and the company overview section

Cons

The time tracking and project management aspect - time tracking was difficult for the team to do.

Thank you for your review Sally, we also love the fact that Magnetic makes billing a breeze :)

My Views on Magnetic

Like I said it is user friendly, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team is friendly. It is definitely better than our last package we had.

Pros

I find it user friendly. I know Magnetic is coming up with more functions for our team (reporting etc.)

Cons

The fact that I can't restrict the team from doing certain functions. Even when I was made the administrator, the function does not exist.

Thank you Candice, I am sure your team will love the customised functions for Spur :)

Streamlining workflow

Pros

I really like the fact that you can access everything that you have worked on with the click of a button. It's not limited to a specific location and can cover a lot more than just daily tasks.

Cons

It is occasionally glitchy and sometimes tasks disappear.

Thank you for your 10/10 rating!

Spur Group Magnetic review

Great, it works well. There are some issues but these get resolved quick quickly.

Pros

Easy to learn Easy to use Notifications of updates to the job on email Track conversations on the job. Everything is in one place. Easy to invoice jobs

Cons

It may be abit too much functionality and steps in the process to get to the process of Client to revert stage. But I think that is an internal issue

Thank you Melissa, we value your feedback :)

Magnetic Review

Project tracking

Pros

I appreciate the amount of things you can see. It's easy to see where projects stand. The comments feature has been very helpful.

Cons

I still struggle to see a timesheet for an employee for an entire month. I can see it for a week at a time, but I'm not sure how to view it over a time period

Thank you for your stellar review Luke. We love that you like the project tracking feature of Magnetic.

Magnetic

Over all good though. It works very well in terms of tracking my time daily, managing staff leave etc

Pros

Once you get used to using Magnetic it gets easier to use

Cons

As an administrator I do wish it would remember previous Performance Reviews loaded for staff, so I could just activate it for the current review period. It would save me a lot of time.

Thank you for your review Ryan!

Great software

Great experience! Very sleek and easy to use.

Pros

I've enjoyed Magnetic as it really assists me with my role in project management. It is easy to use and helps keep things organized!

Cons

Not many cons to be honest! I wish there was the ability to create campaign calendars and project timelines.

Thank you for your review Annika. We love that Magnetic helps you be more organised.