Mailchimp Case Study

Mailchimp

Email and advertising marketing automation platform

4.47/5 (10,091 reviews)

Mailchimp use case: Abigail Nwaocha

Abigail Nwaocha

14th of November, 2016
Simple email marketing tool for bloggers and small businesses

I’ve been using MailChimp for a year, along with other email marketing software’s, and MailChimp is one of the best email marketing softwares in the market. I am not a fan of the customer support system, I’ve had to contact the customer support twice, each on different accounts. On first was on a paid account and the customer support rep was very helpful, the second was on a free account and I’m still waiting for their response. I hope they get back to me because it’s still within the 30 days of support. One of the reasons I don’t like this system is because the brands I work with are mostly startup or small businesses and most of them have heard of MailChimp and they know it’s free for 2000 subscribers, however, they don’t know what restrictions the free plan comes with. And their suggestion to everything is “Contact customer support” If only they knew  I also wish the free plan came with a bit of automation but I guess what is what Drip or SendinBlue is for. I also wish MailChimp came with an inbuilt mini tutorial on how to use their software, I think people new to email marketing would find it very useful. I remember the first time I tried MailChimp I had no idea that I had to create a template and then a campaign. I use MailChimp with a lot of integrations to widen its use, I use MailChimp with Privy, Drip, Hubspot CRM and many other tools thanks to Zapier. One of the features I love about MailChimp and I’m yet to find in SendinBlue or Benchmark email is the ability to have an image header in the signup form. My review is mostly based on the free plan, but despite the flaws I’d still recommend MailChimp to individuals and companies looking to get into email marketing.

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is easy, it is also the go-to email marketing software for small businesses and bloggers. It is easy to use, the signup form allows more customization options than most email marketing softwareS. The free plan allows 2000 subscribers.

What do you dislike?

The templates compared to other Softwares like SendinBlue, Active Hosted, Mailpoet, and Benchmark is a bit basic. The free plan while great has so many restrictions, the areas I'm concerned about are support and automation which the free plan doesn't deliver when compared to SendinBlue

What is your main use case with Mailchimp?

Monthly newsletter campaigns to blog subscribers

Give one example how Mailchimp has improved the way your organization functions

Gravity Forms MailChimp integration has improved lead generation for me. Visitors who fill out a form on my website are sent an email to get get to subscribe to my newsletter. Mailchimp signup form is one of the simplest with the most branding options, which makes it act as a simple landing page for lead generation.

7/10

Recommendations to others considering Mailchimp

Mailchimp is a great email marketing solution for beginners, the interface is clean and there are less chances of being overwhelmed. The free plan is great for bloggers or those who want to start focusing on building their list. As your skill increases you would need to upgrade or try a different Email marketing software because the free plan doesn't come with several important features.

6-12 months