Marketo Engage

Marketing automation for digital marketers

Marketo Engage Reviews - Page 3

Does it all!

Increased demand generation and marketing-driven pipe.

Pros

The interface is really easy to use. It also can accomplish A LOT - nurture, email, lead scoring, landing page and form creation, reporting. This is a great one-stop-shop when you're getting into marketing automation.

Cons

Our database made the program slow. Most of the time I felt like I was working faster than the application. Additionally, it's a REALLY powerful tool, which can be overlooked with the ease of use. Make sure that whoever is in the system has the correct permissions and is properly trained.

Can't say enough good things!

I got time back. This software made my job so much easier and I could spend more time focusing on other aspects of my role.

Pros

The easy of use. The platform is easy to navigate and you can send out beautiful emails whether you have no coding knowledge or you're a pro. With several templates to choose from there is certainly something for everyone. The community of users they have built is also quite impressive. Not only does customer support respond expectionally fast, but there is always someone in community to help with troubleshooting.

Cons

I wish it was easier to modify templates without the need to dive into the HTML. If there was a base of modules that you could select, drag and drop in, that would be truly amazing.

Flexible, powerful tool for demand gen.

Pros

I have used Marketo for the past 7 years and I have always found it flexible enough to do what I needed it to. It has strong integrations with most leading marketing apps and is pretty easy to use. For simple marketing automation tasks (lead scoring, lead routing, nurture sequences, etc.) it's worked great.

Cons

Because the tool is pretty flexible, sometimes there are almost too many ways to configure and set-up programs. The email/landing page tool is starting to feel a bit dated and at times it can be a bit slow to search/query.

Higher Sales Conversion with Marketo

Pros

When we started using Marketo for our Marketing Automation, there was an increase of opportunities with our leads. We were able to trim down and focus on the right market and were able to convert leads to sales by 10% on the first month we used Marketo. It is easy to use and templates are good. We receive daily update and marketing news on the latest trend and tools for marketing. Digital marketing is new and Marketo is complete with the right tools and guide on how to effectively tap your market and generate leads through social media.

Cons

Everything in Marketo is amazing. They have tips and guides for their products. Though ofcourse the price is costly compared to other email automation or newsletter creation that can be accessed or used at no cost. Free trial would be something i should also recommend for Marketo.

Perfectly integrated with Salesforce to

Saves time on emailing potential leads by setting up multiple flow chart paths that leads can go down, i recommend Marketo for large organisation or sales teams with huge databases of leads that are low percentage in terms of converting.

Pros

Used Marketo as a plugin for Salesforce for our sales and "freemium" service. All potential leads were setup on multiple different email campaigns where we can view stats on whether they have read the emails and clicked or not. We also used Marketo to sign off on contracts by attaching T&Cs to one of the templates and having a button integration where they could signup or request more info. Marketo enables you to basically setup multiple funnel charts for emails, depending on the recipients chooses in what they open and click. Makes contact easy when you have thousands of potential leads to followup with.

Cons

No cons, Marketo is way ahead of the curve and when i started using it a few years ago there was no other competitor that had the same functionality in my point of view.

Helping us scale up our marketing

Pros

With an easy to use interface, and a great onboarding program, we were able to get up and running with Marketo pretty quickly. It only took about 6 weeks before we were ready to run our first campaign, which completely changed how we followed up with event leads. It has a great integration with Salesforce. Setting up web forms, landing pages, nurturing streams, and managing data is all really easy. Marketo's community and resources are also a huge plus.

Cons

We only have the Spark package, so there's a lot to be desired with analytics and some of the other features we're missing out on.

This reviewer only left a rating

I can't express how much easier Marketo makes my life. I am the events manager at my company, and I use Marketo's lead management functionality to send out my invitations, set up my registration pages and manage my attendee lists. Marketo was great before - but now, with the new Programs & Events release, it is AMAZING! We have a small marketing department, so I am responsible for every aspect...

Cons

Easy to use marketing automation - not the most powerful

It’s easy to use, and if you have pretty straightforward automation needs, it will get the job done.

Pros

Marketo is really easy to use. The basic structure of the system is quite easy to grasp because it’s simple. The UI is also very navigable which makes it quick and easy to make your way around the system.

Cons

I don’t feel that Marketo is the most powerful marketing automation system out there. If you need super granular targeting or advanced actions, this may not be the system for you.

Marketo helps us keep our customer's email preferences updated

The most important benefit of using Marketo is that we keep all of our users in one place and that helps all of our teammates to work in an organized way and avoid wasting time.

Pros

Marketo has helped our entire team to keep all our subscribers in one place and it's very easy to manage the customer's email preferences just with a click. Marketo is one of the easiest tools we've used to keep track of our distribution centers, and we definitely save a lot of time just by searching a customer's name or email address.

Cons

Marketo is sometimes too slow when downloading a list of subscribers. Since Marketo keeps around 10,000 of our user,s it's acceptable that sometimes it becomes kind of slow.

Makes my day to day as a sales ops professional easier

As someone who works in sales operations, I was always intrigued with what happens to a lead outside of the normal sales cycle. I was able to get approval for training for Marketo and with my knowledge in Salesforce (admin certified), bridging the gap between both systems have been a game changer for our organization. I have really been able to take advantage of how a lead is marketed and nurtured...

Pros

The Marketo widget in Salesforce is great. It lets a seller know exactly what pages they visited on your website, which emails they opened, what they've downloaded, including dates and timestamps. This REALLY helps a seller prepare for an initial call and sets them up for success. Marketo's integration with Salesforce is great and because I was already Salesforce certified, it was pretty easy for me to learn Marketo.

Cons

It can be a bit slow to do some stuff in Marketo, it's not as fast as Salesforce.

Easiest, most complete marketing automation platform I've used

Pros

You can do almost anything you want. You can easily do the basics or you can build very intricate fine-tuned campaigns to support all your needs. Other platforms may be easier to do smaller things, but can't scale the way Marketo can. Content recommendation per unique user is changing the game of integrating with websites.

Cons

Reporting and analytics can sometimes be a bear -- but they've made strides to improve this already, and more to come.

A solution that continuously adding value to their offering

Pros

In addition to their technology offering, Marketo has amazing community and support team. The solution is flexible enough to enable the marketeers to adopt the solution to their needs.

Cons

They are going thru some growing pains which resulted in some performance issues. The main issue I have experience was around the upgrade they are doing to the backend processing which resulted in inconsistent performance between their smart lists and campaigns.

Marketo is recommended for lead generation

Improved my lead nurturing activities. I no longer use spreadsheets to track leads. Marketo nicely logs all activities.

Pros

Marketo is a complex lead generation software but if configured correctly it can do magic and automate your marketing like no other. Since using Marketo we experienced increase in sales revenues and 50% increase in lead conversion. Marketo also nicely integrates with Salesforce and you can see where your leads are in their lifecycle.

Cons

There is a learning curve to it. Also getting certified in Marketo has more complex than before. Lead nurturing, streams, and center of excellence can be hard to set up.

A solid tool with a lot of functionality and good direction

Pros

Marketo has a lot of companies that partner with them. They are a great company for Enterprise businesses.

Cons

All Marketing Automation tools are growing and have their own pros and cons. Marketo doesn't really have the whole Social tie in piece like Hubspot does, but it is able to tie into many via API. There are also some latency issues on the data processing side that gives us issues when we're bulk updating records or sending a large amount of emails.

If you're looking for a Marketing Automation Platform - you must consider Marketo

Pros

Very easy to use interface and very flexible and easy to scale whether you have a small or a large business to support. Lots of help available from Marketo and also via their extensive community section. I've made lots of friends and learnt lots of things from other users - even competitors.

Cons

Some area's need improvement including Reporting and Analytics but you can get the information you need with a bit of digging.

Marketo- streamline, automate, and align sales and marketing efforts with demand-generation

Pros

Allows the seamless integration of sales and marketing processes from campaign strategy, creation of demand generated marketing campaigns, leads, and the entire sales process. It takes a more strategic approach to targeting prospects with better precision, overall internal organizational alignment, and integrated processes. It allows internal teams to collaborate more effectively, reduces time spent on more administrative task by automating the burdensome up-front tasks, and allows sales and marketing to focus on more strategic objectives - higher quality interactions with the customers, partners, etc. I can't imagine sales/marketing organizations today not leveraging demand-generation and the kinds of SaaS automation that Marketo offers.

Cons

Working with the solution in an existing organization and in demo for a start-up, we have never actually deployed it, so I can't speak to ease of integration. Not a con - just of note.

Not beautiful, but necessary

I used Marketo as a lead generation manager at the first startup (15 person company) I worked at. I was the primary tool evaluator, and chose it over Pardot and Hubspot, because our focus was on outbound emailing (Hubspot is not) and we needed a high level of customizability/flexibility (2 years ago I found that Pardot was not flexible enough). Marketo has its own language and way of doing things....

Pros

Super flexible in what you can accomplish

Cons

Clunky, un-intuitive

Marketo can do anything - you just need to know how to tell it what to do

Pros

It is very complex and customizable and is only limited by you knowledge of the tool.

Cons

The email builder is weak and it takes some time to figure out how to use. And it looks like it is software straight out of the early 2000s.

Great Tool for Lead Nurturing

One of the best marketing automation tool available today in the market and, they offer some of the best pieces of training.

Pros

Marketo automation tool is a touchpoint for advertising platforms and sales. It is also a most useful tool for lead nurturing and has all the features required for email marketing. My favorite feature is that you can easily create dynamic campaigns and pre-schedule the run.

Cons

Creating smart programs can be a pain point at times, as it requires a lot of steps. If you skip a step, you might not be able to track the data you want.

Fantastic product that gets the job done

Pros

Marketo is a very easy to use platform. With no prior marketing automation experience, I was able to master the functionality of the product by reading the documentation and reaching out to the members of the Marketo community. The level of customization you can build into Marketo allows me to scale the marketing efforts of our team from a systems standpoint, whether it be workflows (smart campaigns), building email and landing page assets, or integrating with other Launchpoint vendors or the Marketo API, I am able to use Marketo to implement scalable solutions to my company's automation needs.

Cons

The integration with SFDC Custom Objects is great, but not complete in my opinion. For companies that use a lot of Salesforce custom objects and want to utilize the data on those objects for marketing campaigns, expect to need some assistance if you aren't a developer. The Analytics section of Marketo (not speaking to RCE here) is very much "out of the box" reporting that doesn't allow for too much customization. Typically, I have to pull reports into Excel for further analysis. This is why it's extremely important for first-time Marketo customers to set up a proper naming convention to make reporting a bit easier in Marketo and for circumstances when you need to pull data into Excel.

Marketo is the best Marketing Automation tool that I have use

Pros

-Workspaces (Multi domain) -Campaign Cloning between workspaces -Easy to use (once you are use to it) -Fast to create stuff from the scratch -Able to clone pretty much anything

Cons

-Price -The certifications are a "joke" you are certified for 1 year then retake it and its the exact same test, been doing this for 3 years, even if the platform is changing they keep asking the same -Can be a lot to start with

Overall, my experience is good. I'd say that they have some upgrading to do

We run all of our automated campaigns through Marketo, including social campaigns. As we expand our subscription scope, I am sure we will leverage more features to innovate our program.

Pros

I like the interface. Pretty self-explanatory, allowing novice users to find their way around without much help. The ease of smart campaigns and nurture tracking tools are great. The engagement rating on nurture campaigns allows my team to assess effectiveness of each touch and adjust accordingly.

Cons

Basic reporting is very basic. For the price, I would expect more detailed reporting and dashboards.

I have a fever, and the only prescription is more Marketo!

Pros

It's intuitive, easy to navigate, and the release/feature updates are generally exciting and impactful. Marketo has a fantastically organized product docs section, as well as an amazing active community with almost unlimited resources to consume. With a recent evolution to their Landing page and Email editors it's now easier than ever to create guided templates for repeated use and set yourself up for delivering truly personalized content.

Cons

It's difficult to find something I don't like when Marketo has delivered time and time again. When I do have something I don't like it typically is fixed or enhanced in future releases.

Great integration with Salesforce

Pros

We use Marketo as our lead management software. The best part about the software is its integration with Salesforce. Any and all of their data that they collect can easily be viewed and consumed by individual contributors as well as the executive team.

Cons

They do not make it easy to be able to extract their reports. Their own dashboards are lacking.

This is a great tool for Marketing Automation

Pros

The community is top notch with no end to advice and help as well as industry best practice education. With the product itself, I am not sure how we operated without it. While there is an initial learning curve, the ease in which one can create campaigns, clone templates/campaigns, generate complex functionality in simple smart list/flow methodology (think: if this then that) all make this an industry leading product.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. It would be nice to have something akin to Litmus built into the product (there is something similar but not as robust nor as easy to use).