1. The first thing I noticed about Metigy was their customer support. While setting up my account, I had some issues adding my competitors facebook page, so I reached out to customer support, who explained that they were having an issue with Facebook's API and the issue was being solved. Once it was solved I was notified.
2. The Content Planner: I liked how the Metigy's IQ could publish my posts at optimal times rather than having to schedule my post myself.
3. Social Media Strategies and Tips: At the right side of Metify (in the Action tab of the orange sidebar) are suggested strategies, Tips on the number of posts to make, the number of weekly posts to publish to hit optimal post count.
4. The Analytics Dashboard: Ilike how i can create my own dashboard or generate dashboards. I like how i can compare my performance with my competitior's performance for each SM channel
5. The Media Library
1. The Orange sidebar: I wish it was collapsible. While the sidebar is great for receiving updates from Metigy's team, and for receiving tips and strategies, I wish it could be collapsed or minimized. Even more when i'm in the dashboard page. The orange sidebar is distracting and makes the analytics and stats in my dashboards look a bit squeezed.
2. Metigy is not a simple software, Unlike SM management tools such as Buffer, Hootsuites or even Loomly, Metify is a bit complex. For instance, it took me a while to figure out how to customize a post in post planner for a specific channel. e.g shortening the text of a post for Twitter.