Ontraport Logo

Ontraport

Sales, marketing, and communication management software

Ontraport Reviews

User ratings

4.2

• Likelihood to recommend8.15/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful.
It's super powerful and has a lot of extensions via Zapier. The live chat contact support is AWESOME.
I usually deal with sending emails to a great amount of contacts. Writing an email is easy on Ontraport and scheduling features are great.
Really uneasy to build an emails with the builder. Fake drag and drop, which is really hard to use.
Email campaigns were difficult to execute. Just a long laundry list of problems.
The pricing tiers are rather odd as there's no middle ground.

Ontraport users...

Mailchimp-logocaret

Mailchimp

GetResponse-logocaret

GetResponse

How would you rate Ontraport?

Great for a marketing CRM

Transcript

Andra V.: Hi, my name is Andra and I'm a business owner and I would rate Ontraport four out of five....

Simply the best CRM I have ever used

Simply a great product. I have used and implemented multiple CRMs, from big names to smaller ones, but this really is the cream of the crop. Recommend highly.

Pros

Great customer support, super flexible tool, straightforward integration, not really much more you could ask for from a CRM.

Cons

Visually it is not incredible, the UX takes a bit of time getting used to and the dashboard could do with some improvements and more features, but this is a small price to pay.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your positive and constructive feedback, Louis! We'll pass on the message to our support team. :) As for the dashboard, we're always making improvements and it's a project we're actively working on, so stay tuned!

We have been able to automate the entire back-end of our business through this system.

We were able to increase our time to do other things since the software automates our follow up process, billing, and even a quicker response task for potential clients.

Pros

We love that these systems help to streamline everything from client onboarding to actually billing our clients monthly.

Cons

It is a little pricey on a monthly basis, but the amount of time it saves us is almost invaluable. They do have their branding on the automation that we haven't figured out how to take off of the emails.

Awesome, Tyler! Hearing that is music to our ears. You can remove the branding from the botton of your emails by sending an email to our support team at support@ontraport.com and they'll take care of it for you.

A growing tool for growing businesses

Pros

I love the support that Ontraport provides to their users. They are quite receptive to feedback and listen when you tell them there is a bug. I also like the automation of course. The membership site integration with PilotPress is great. I like that their support is also better than their competitors. I've spent many weekend days in the midst of an issue with their support. They are so helpful!

Cons

The growing pains. Sometimes bugs pop up ( seems to be in the past but still ) and it's frustrating mid launch to have things like this come into play.

Tedious and complicated system with Bugs that cost a lot of Time & Money

So far not good, overall the Customer Support is great and they are very helpful and friendly, however on the other hand, when technical issues occur like the one I am going through, where the Automation does not work, it takes ages to figure it out and get it sorted. I am considering to leave ontraport if it is not fixed soon and they are not making it up to me for wasting my time by giving me at least 1 month for free, for all the inconvenience they caused due to their technical errors and lack of judgement to figure it out in the first place when I first mentioned it over 1 week ago.

Pros

At first it looked simple and the Dashboard with the navigation on the menu is okay to get used to it.

Cons

1. The Automation isn't working, even when following all the steps and get support to double check that everything is in order, I have a landing page setup with the correct optin form and the campaign email messages are in order too, but it does not trigger the campaign when I optin with an email address. 2. The Page building tool is sometimes cluncky and freezes on you, so one has to go back and...

Ontraport user experience

Pros

easy to plan/view/execute your strategic marketing goals and stay in touch with your customers which is invaluable feature.

Cons

It would take some time get used to it and learn the functionalities since it is a very complex platform with endless opportunities.

Hi Filip! We're delighted to hear you are having a positive experience using our software. It is indeed a powerful platform with simple features as well as advanced customization options. If you ever want some hands-on help, make an appointment with our amazing support team at support@ontraport.com. They might even help spark a new idea or simplify a process!

Ontraport is awesome!

Super happy almost 2 years using it and I'm so so happy

Pros

It's super powerful and has a lot of extensions via Zapier. The live chat contact support is AWESOME!

Cons

To be honest. nothing. After trying mailchimp and mailerlite, Ontraport is way better!

Hi Julian! Glad to hear you've had such a positive experience with the app and our support team. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. :)

Horrible deliverability. Worse customer service

We believed we joined with an “enterprise” level package. During our initial 2.5 hours on the phone We were told our account had been set up like this. However, as we looked back through the first few weeks of use, we found there were additional charges nearly weekly. When we asked what these were and why they told us we were over our sending limit. After a great deal more time with support explaining...

Pros

Pros are that it seems that initially they were willing to help us integrate.

Cons

After moving our subscribers to another service we saw a near instant jump in opens. From 9% with Ontraport to 23.5% with the new service.

Great potential, but doesn't work

We've invested hundreds of hours, only to find core elements (split testing and analytics) don't work, as well as massive page load speed issues. Have waited ages for support, which is awful if they don't know the answer..

Pros

Amazing page builder, with templates and global blocks. Super easy to use.

Cons

No European support - you have to wait until 4pm for answers. Often page load times very slow. Statistics and Split test don't work

Glad to hear you've enjoyed using our page builders and templates! We understand the time zones can be frustrating without 24 hour support our support team has won many awards for the white-glove service we provide and a big part of that is because we don't outsource international support teams. We hear you and appreciate your feedback.

Great CRM system!

Overall, its a great place to keep our contacts and to schedule email campaigns.

Pros

I usually deal with sending emails to a great amount of contacts. Writing an email is easy on Ontraport and scheduling features are great!

Cons

What I dislike about Ontraport is that there is currently no spacing options. We can't adjust the spacing for our emails. It also lacks font options.

Glad to hear Ontraport has helped you with your marketing emails, Ayesha! We're constantly improving our editors so keep an eye out and please contact our support team for additional help. https://ontraport.com/support/

Transfered my email services to Ontraport this year. Sales & Efficiency has improved!

Increased sales per send from previous platform.

Pros

I really like the hands on customer service, we have had multiple "how to" conference calls that were extremely helpful. I also like the easy, clean templates. The Email automation has improved our efficiency.

Cons

None off the top of my head really. I have only been using this for 6-12 months. Would be nice to be able to update or delete sales transactions from a customer profile.

Hi Justin! Thank you for the perfect rating. We like you too!

A highly scalable system that can do a lot

Pros

The customer service support is outstanding. Ontraport is basically a very scalable system - if you know how to use it. Their staff are amazing at helping you with your questions and in teaching you how to use the system.

Cons

At present, the price. In USD it is making it quite unaffordable due to a falling AUD where I live. Also I feel the system needs to be tiered. I don't use it as much to warrant the fee per month but don't want to leave the system either.

Positive experience. Noticed an increase in email marketing return. Efficiency increased.

Pros

Customer automation. Customer support calls are highly beneficial. Potential customer information capture.

Cons

The unsubscribe feature lacks the ability to unsubscribe from just the one email. It relates to the whole campaign

Hi Keith! Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad to hear you've had an increase in marketing return since using our software. There is a way to set up sequences so that leads can unsubscribe from only that sequence. Shoot an email to support@ontraport.com to see if this would fit your needs.

Awesome support!

Pros

I said its easy to use but that doesn't mean its easy to learn as lots of conditional logic, etc. is not necessarily 1st grade math when you have lots of stuff going on! But from what I hear its lightyears better than infusionsoft. If you do need help, Ontraport's support is amazing! There live chat is almost always available - including weekends and they are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing yet. I've been on for about a month. I'm sure there are things they suck at compared to others as no one is great in all things (in my exp) but I haven't found those areas yet.

5 stars across the board! Thank you for taking the time to review us Chris. If you do find things you think can be improved, let our glowing support team know! We want to hear feedback so we can continually make the software the latest and greatest.

All in one tool for online business

Pros

Landing pages, tutorials, trainings and automation

Cons

Pricing isn't the easiest to understand Not enough native integrations

Hi Lakshmia! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our tutorials and automation. Thank you for the feedback on pricing ? we are always working to make the customer experience better.

A game changer in contact management

Pros

I love working with the automations and how well Ontraport integrates with other platforms like Google sheets or Jotform.

Cons

There are a few items such as inventory management that I wish was a little more simply laid out.

Hi Zontrey! Happy to hear you've found success with Ontraport and we appreciate your honest feedback. We're constantly finding new ways to improve the app so we'll keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing!

Made all the difference with my business

Pros

I like the way my business runs on it. I own a small business (3 employees) and was having troubling scaling. The more customers I got, the more time I had to spend juggling just to keep my business afloat. I was using a bunch of different technologies, couldn't get them to talk to each other, and was so frustrated with technology. Then came ONTRAPORT. My business now runs on autopilot. I have free time and am making a lot more money (now that technology isn't a roadblock). The customer support is fantastic. They've done a stand-up job supporting me and worked overtime once to help me with a launch.

Cons

I've been waiting on the release of their updated software. ONTRAPORT is great as it is, but I can't wait for the extra features.

Solid platform

Pros

There is so much available through one platform, it's impressive. That might be what I like most, especially for those who are growing their businesses and need some plug and play options and other fully customizable ones. Setting up a membership site, a sales page, etc. can be done fairly easily from one place.

Cons

I have sometimes wished that certain product/payment options were better. For instance, pay what you can has become increasingly popular in my field, and there aren't a lot of platforms that make it easy to set that up. You can certainly create multiple products at various price points, but it's not the best experience.

Hi Sally, we think you are impressive too! Entrepreneurs and small business owners are the reason we come to work every day. Thank you for the positive review! If you'd like to submit a request for this type of payment, please send an email to support@ontraport.com and ask them to add a feature request.

A full-cycle CRM and email marketing platform with one of the best editors for forms & landing pages

Pros

Ontraport is very comparable to Infusionsoft, and it's cheaper though the difference in pricing has limitations due to Ontraport's odd pricing tiers. It does however surpass Infusionsoft when it comes to the flexibility in customising things, and the creation of forms, landing pages and emails is superb. It has one of the best automation features and editors I've come across.

Cons

You can't get a free trial. So you either pay and use the 90 days money back guarantee, or find a friend who has it to see it in action and try it out. The pricing tiers are rather odd as there's no middle ground. The difference in price between having 2500 contacts and 25000 is double. The lack of scaling of the pricing can be an issue for smaller/medium sized businesses.

Thanks for your feedback, Edwin. We're glad our software gave you the freedom to customize your bussines automation processes as you see fit! We've updated our pricing stucture to better fit a scaling buisness -- If you haven't see the new teirs yet, check them out! (hyperlink: https://ontraport.com/pricing)

Not recommended

Pros

The customer support is really good. Very responsive and goes the extra mile.

Cons

Very large learning curve. Many of the terms used are not the same as other similar programs. If you are a solo entrepreneur and want to do something as simple as send an email, you would have to learn the system. If you have a support team, they will have to become expert to use it effectively.

Hi Karen. We understand that using unfamiliar software comes with a certain level of learning curve, that's why our support team is always ready to answer any questions you may have. If you haven't already, you should schedule a screenshare appointment with support using the app. The agent will be able to see exactly what is happening so they can adequately guide you. Shortly after the end of screenshare session, a video recording of the session is provided for download so you can refer to it later. This will help you learn as you go. You can also use the "?" in your account to view videos, usecases and step by step instructions.

Don't miss this Marketing Automation

Pros

They have easy templates for you to design from Landing Pages, Forms, Opt In, Email Marketing Campaign. The support are very responsive and teaches you how you will be able to use the AUtomation Features. And the best part is you can integrate this with Wordpress (Using PilotPress) and you can also work with the Gravity Forms Integration. YEEY!

Cons

It's not really a Cons, but what I noticed for beginners, this is not an easy way to start Marketing Automation.

Gil, thank you so much for the raving review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the product, templates and our amazing support team.

Good software but not without flaws

Pros

I love the automation functionality, it really is what puts Ontraport above other competitors in my mind.

Cons

Sometimes the system can get bogged down, especially after years of use and data.

Ontraport Gives You Everything In One Place

Pros

Ontraport has so many features, it includes everything you need to stay in touch with, follow up with, and keep track of all your customers, lists, emails sent and customer purchases. All the clients I work with who have Ontraport absolutely love working with it!

Cons

It can be confusing at first to find all the pieces and where they hide.

Ontraport works great for us.

Pros

It's simple to use. They're always adding and improving. And the support is awesome.

Cons

Still some bugs, but nothing that really gets in the way long term. And they're always working to improve and fix things.

Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience

Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

Pros

It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

Cons

It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

Very versatile and simple to use

Pros

Constant fight for upgrades and work for getting a better product

Cons

The fact that it is easy to use, the way this guys connect with there customers