Ontraport Logo

Ontraport

Sales, marketing, and communication management software

Ontraport Reviews - Page 2

Ontraport Gives You Everything In One Place

Pros

Ontraport has so many features, it includes everything you need to stay in touch with, follow up with, and keep track of all your customers, lists, emails sent and customer purchases. All the clients I work with who have Ontraport absolutely love working with it!

Cons

It can be confusing at first to find all the pieces and where they hide.

Ontraport works great for us.

Pros

It's simple to use. They're always adding and improving. And the support is awesome.

Cons

Still some bugs, but nothing that really gets in the way long term. And they're always working to improve and fix things.

Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience

Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

Pros

It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

Cons

It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

CRM software our organization has been using for a long time

Pros

What I like most about this software is the Class A customer support. Communication is on-going and great if there are issues.

Cons

I wish the dashboard was more intuitive. Very often, the software seems to be lagging dragging out simple tasks and making it difficult for our team to accomplish daily tasks efficiently.

Thanks for being a part of the ONTRAPORT family Armin! I'm glad to hear you've had great experience with our support team - that is something we strive for. We hear you about the dashboard and I've added a vote to our feature release.

A clunky system that was just average as a shopping cart

Pros

I liked the notes option, so I could track updates on customers made to accounts by other members of the team. This gave Ontraport a few CRM functionalities.

Cons

We had a lot of trouble with this as a shopping cart. It was unreliable at best and I found it difficult to find the data I needed in a straightforward way. We have since switched to HubSpot for campaigns and UltraCart for our shopping cart, and find the integration there to be simpler and more reliable than Ontraport alone.

Hi Ashlee! Sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like you have found out that we are not a shopping cart and we aren't the best fit for your needs. Happy to hear you have found the right solution.

Poor Tool, Poor User Experience, Poor Customer Services

Pros

Cancelling the account - very little about the tool is good enough

Cons

bad email formatting - lead tracking - customer support - interface

Very versatile and simple to use

Pros

Constant fight for upgrades and work for getting a better product

Cons

The fact that it is easy to use, the way this guys connect with there customers

Top Notch

Customer Service is top notch! Any issues that I have I reach out via chat and get an answer right away complete with screenshots and full explanations / details.

Pros

Customer Service is amazing! Very helpful

Cons

Room for error / oversights with automations

Glad to hear you've had a great experience, Dawn! Thanks for the feedback.

WOW! This does almost everything!!

Pros

I can track everything with my clients. It's so much more than just email marketing. When you consider all of the tasks that it can handle it's worth the money.

Cons

The pricing may be a bit much for a new business or smaller business and figuring out how to best set it up for tagging and such needs to be planned out to get the most out of it.

Thanks for the positive feedback! We're so glad you're getting the most out of our software!

Ontraport is the best product purchase we've made in our business

Pros

Ontraport is easy to use, fairly intuitive and their customer support is FANTASTIC.They are very responsive, in some case, even before I've been able to submit a support request they've come to my rescue.

Cons

I'm really having to rack my brain here on this one. There isn't anything that I don't like, that I don't wish they did (because they are so incredibly responsive, many "wishes" have become reality, very quickly).

Very easy to use, advanced features and blows away the competition.

Pros

Ontraport is a POWERFUL tool for automation and tops mailchimp, aweber and other AutoResponders as the in depth automation sequences are easily managed and are much more robust than other software.

Cons

It's very expensive, but that's made up for with outstanding support, great automatic sequences and ease of use.

Hi James! Thanks for the glowing review. We like you too!

Overall great, intuitive product

Pros

My favorite thing about this product is its versatile functionality. I have used other, similar products in the past, but this is by far the most intuitive and user-friendly (without sacrificing productivity).

Cons

Sometimes it can drag/lag, and there have been a few (usually very minor) bugs.

Ontraport is easier than other CRMs

My best suggestion here is to figure things out as best you can, watch the videos, and when you are ready to set up something big, like a funnel or a campaign, use your support time to set up something big for yourself. They record it, so, you can refer back to it.

Pros

My favorite thing about this is that you can use this for both lead capture as well as funnels and affiliates. So, the multi functionality of this is great!

Cons

My least favorite thing is the learning curve. There is a learning curve, but, you get 2 one on one trainings with ontraport.

Hey Amy! That's a good suggestion. Going through our usecases, in-app tutorials and videos gives you a headstart and you know what to ask when you have the one on one onboarding calls with our team. Thanks for sharing!

OntraPort Review

Pros

Customer Tagging and if-then automation rules that allow to automate a lot of marketing processes.

Cons

Slow in implementing very important feature requests.

Very slow

Very frustating...

Pros

It served the purpose of contact management

Cons

Very slow browsing between pages every time I clicked

Hello Nelson. Our page load times are faster than some of our competitors. Nevertheless, we understand it can be frustrating and we assure you our team is working on an update for such. Thanks for your feedback.

I was able to set up a book offer page in less than 90 minutes

Pros

I feel like I can create and publish marketing materials for my business all in the same day, what a concept. If I need support, there is someone to speak to live to help me solve my issue(s) and have a workable product.

Cons

The cost can be prohibitive, however if you add up all the tools you need to run an online business + human support...this app is a steal!

Thanks for the great review. We agree, not only does it cost less when you look at all the tools our one software replaces, but also think about the time saved! We're happy to hear the tools were easy to use -- next time you'll have an offer up in 60 minutes.

Good for the Money

Pros

Easy to use, support is great. Not as good as Hupspot but much more affordable.

Cons

You can text contacts, but notifications of text messages in reply are virtually no existent.

Thanks for your feedback, Maggie!

Ontraport - OAP

Pros

It is simple to use and you can set up complicated e-mail sequences to fire automatically

Cons

It is very glitchy, it is not supported by people like driftflow, zapier, optin monster to name a few, the sales order process is horrible. Support is via e-mail only which can get really frustrating. It is only built for an american, to get the sales order pages to work for me I have to add html. I cannot use large amounts of the system

Great all-in-one business solution

Good value for money compared to CRMs and platforms with similar functionality.

Pros

Covers CRM, e-mail marketing, campaigns, and payments. Visual campaigns feature and strong analytics and reporting.

Cons

Great for sales management and tracking

Ontraport is great for measuring and reporting sales within a business.

Pros

Ontraport has incredible filtering options for reporting. you are able to build customizations that allow you to view data in virtually any format you desire.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is not quite as suitable for nonprofits or organizations working with income outside of sales. The custom tabs in a clients record are a bit difficult to manuever.

Hi Kalyn! We're happy to hear you are having a great experience with our reporting tools. Thanks for the feedback about custom tabs ¿ we're always working to make the user experience better.

Totally it is not 2018 software

Pros

- nothing more then in other marketing automation software, it is really not worth this money. You can have another innovative software for this price.

Cons

- Really uneasy to build an emails with the builder. Fake drag and drop, which is really hard to use. - Most of the stuff is not customisable

Thanks for the feedback, Tomasz. We are sorry that we were unable to provide more information showcasing the power of the system as a whole and not only marketing automation. We are constantly making changes and updates to our software and hope that you will give us a try again.

My primary experience with this software was getting people OFF of it.

Pros

I like that it exists and serves people and gets the job done. Outside of that, there's little I really love about this software. I can use the functionality, but there are much more intuitive alternatives and much cheaper ones too.

Cons

I know there are many practical uses for a software this big, and that everyone uses one of the big email marketing softwares and that you "should" use them too. I see the benefits, compared to a Mailchimp, and I also think few people get much from a software this complex and are better off sticking with a software they understand.

Hi David! Business owners usually move to ONTRAPORT after they find a point solution isn't the right fit for their needs. Having all of your lead, client, eCommerce, support and more notes and interactions under one roof make it so that teams have less "fall through the gap" type of experiences. Businesses who are just getting started and only need the email marketing solution probably aren't the best fit. Appreciate your review!

Great service

Pros

I have used Ontraport for some parts of my business. It offers great landing pages. There are many aspects of the service that I did not use. It is becoming a one stop do it all service.

Cons

I was overwhelmed by it. Maybe once I am busier, it will become a great service. the price is high but cheaper than its main competition.

Hi Donna! Thank you for the 5-star rating. Are you still feeling overwhelmed? Shoot an email to support@ontraport.com and ask them to connect you to the right resources or hop on a strategy call with our team.

Great CRM software - terrible email builder

Pros

Ontraport is a powerful system for managing my business. At first glance, it has everything I need - CRM, email automations, all the good stuff. If you aren't as picky as me, it should meet your needs

Cons

I had a lot of issues with Ontraport - mostly in the realm of marketing automation. The biggest issue - the one that caused me to cancel almost immediatly - was the fact that you can't put bullet lists into emails! How is that possible? People don't read emails - they scan them.

We hear you! We have since released bulleted lists in our email builder. Thank you for your feedback, we are constantly making changes and updates to our software to make it the system that has everything you need.

I use this several times a week

Pros

I like that fact that I can make an email in minutes. It's very simple to use even if you're someone who's new to email systems.

Cons

I don't like that fact that lists/groups are hard to set up if you don't do it as you are importing contacts.

Hi Elesha,thanks for the positive review! A best practice for groups/lists that we use here on the ONTRAPORT campus is to add in a tag for the import (import:june12018). That way you can easily create a group around that import.