Ontraport Logo

Ontraport

Sales, marketing, and communication management software

Ontraport Reviews - Page 3

A must have if you are serious about business

Pros

Their product is easy to setup and get started with. Their support is one of the best I have ever dealt with.

Cons

It doesn't have enough done for your templates. They are getting more all the time though.

Great For Small Businesses

Marketing automations

Pros

With no setup fees and a monthly cost that is less than 1/10th of what some of their competitors are charging for the same level of service, Ontraport is designed solely a with small businesses focus.

Cons

Their reporting dashboard isn't visually appealing as it doesn't have graphs and charts. You have to export data to make it pretty.

Hi Chandler, thanks for your review! Have you taken a look at Performance Mode? Many of the data points and reporting we pull can be seen in the beautiful Campaign Builder from this mode. If not or you'd like to learn how to set this up, shoot an email to support@ontraport.com.

Does what you need, but takes forever to set up

While it does what you need to do for your e-mail campaign, where to click to do things is not always intuitive, and sometimes the program is just slow to use.

Pros

You can visually see your e-mail sequences, makes if-then sequences possible.

Cons

It's inefficient. If you open a campaign in edit mode, when you click on the e-mail within that campaign, you have to hit edit again after you're in the e-mail, and then when you the block you want, you have to hit edit again. Each time, there's a slight wait for loading. If you're in that campaign in edit mode, you shouldn't have to hit edit and wait 3-4 more times. If you're having internet problems, it can add extra HOURS onto your workload.

Thank you for your feedback. We hear you; the email editor update is on the horizon.

Incredible support and responsiveness

Ontraport never ceases to impress, from their initial support to troubleshooting a custom integration issue with me, they always are on top of the game. I love ONTRAPORT (joined 7 months ago) and plan to continue and grow with this awesome organization!

Cons

Hi Jason! We LOVE you too. Keep up the great work.

Excellent product, quick to respond to service issues

Pros

Working with the product is fairly easy. The customer support has been great.

Cons

While the customer support is responsive. Sometimes communicating the issue is challenging. The format of the support ticket emails is also rather confusing.

Simply The Best!

Ontraport is heads and shoulders above the competition for an all-in-one automation tool. Yeah, I know, I sound like their marketing, but it's true. I get super cranky when tech takes up unnecissary time because it just sucks 🤪👈, AND with Ontraport, it just works and it's intuitive to USE 🎉. It's also, unlimited in nature, with their open API you really truly can scale and do anything with this platform. I've personally used them all, infusionsoft, kajabi, active campaign, clickfunnels... They say they are great 'all-in-one' solutions and they really just don't compare once you become a heavy user of these platforms. Get the right tech, get Ontraport.

Pros

Incredible customer support, along with the platforms features and unlimited capabilities really sets this software heads and shoulders above the rest. Everything really can be consolidated into this one platform, saving you time and headaches with deploying your business with a automated platform.

Cons

In the past, when new features were released, they could be a bit buggy from my experience for the first couple of months. However, their latest "CMS" release (which is a feature that allows you to build SAAS apps right in their platform!) came out without any significant issues, and the feature release they did before that one (mobile app) also seemed to be flawless.

Thanks for this raving review, Annette! We appreciate you sticking it out with us all these years and we're so happy to hear you've been satisfied with the most recent app updates. Thanks again for the five stats!

Daily user since 2014

Like most businesses, we use Ontraport for general email marketing but we also use it track leads and automate follow up of hot leads - this has vastly improved our sales focus, conversion rates, and sales value

Pros

1. Ease of use, a great tool for all my marketing and automation. You have to try it to really understand 2. Support, many of whom I now know on first name basis - Ontraport attracts top notch people to be part of their team and they bend over backwards to help, especially if mistakes are made... I find them extremely proactive. 3 Come for the software, stay for the people. Not only are the staff extremely good at what they do but so are the leaders. Every dept head I've spoken with has been extraordinary and a credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who himself is all over the wider community. All of this plus the Facebook Community which is amazing, no question too dumb or too complex, everyone within the wider community is very helpful.

Cons

The knowledge base could probably do with more detail but I can normally get the answer I need from the community with is very strong and healthy

Thanks for the kind words, Matt! We're happy to have you as a part of the Ontraport family. We're constantly making updates and additions to our Support Center, so please let us know if you have any specific feedback or suggestions for information to add!

It was good at the time!

Overall, it is a great product! But the support that we were promised was lacking. It was as if they got the sale and forgot about us, which is why we moved to Keap.

Pros

Their sales page designs were outstanding and very easy to create and set up! In my very first funnel that I set up, we were able to generate thousands of dollars in sales within just a few days!

Cons

I didn't like their CRM (at the time). It was really difficult for me to use and I found it clunky and messy which cost me a lot of time with deleting and re-adding etc.

Great CRM/Marketing Automation Software, but with a few issues

I've used Ontraport for more than an year and I really like it (despite my concerns). It's the first window I see in the morning. Aside from basic contact management, the marketing automation component is first rate. Good task management too.

Pros

Nice user interface and overall capabilities. Good task management abilities along with contact management services. The support is simply best in class and the Facebook support group is stellar.

Cons

It's slow compared to other similar systems I've used. You also have to "click your mouse button" way more times than similar services to actually do things inside the system. For example, it may take 6 or 7 mouse clicks to create a basic task whereas past services I've used required only 2 or 3. This is extremely frustrating in terms of productivity. Overall the pros outweigh the cons - but I sure wish they'd address the cons.

Thanks for your review, Steven! We're continually working on the interface to simplify the workflow without sacrificing functionality. Here's one improvement we just recently released: We know Tasks were just one example but we've recently added "Quick Tasks" that can be created with three clicks in regular Contacts view: simply select the contact, click on Tasks, and click the Quick Task tab to create the task. Then, in our Contact Quick View interface, adding a Quick Task is just one click. We're working on lots of other projects to simplify processes and speed up the application interface keep the feedback coming!

Lots of client management tools comes with a high price.

It is a good software and platform for client management. I found other options that were more affordable that met my smaller business needs.

Pros

The email management and sales recording data are very helpful and critical to my business. There were a lot of tools that I did not utilize and needed for a business my size.

Cons

There are a lot of features, which you pay for, regardless of whether you use them. For simple email management, there are other options. For full-scale client management, Ontraport may be a good fit.

Great for a marketing CRM

We used it to manage our email marketing campaigns and follow up with B2B leads.

Pros

Ontraport is super customizable and intuitive to use. We use the email marketing tool and manage our leads through the sales pipeline. I love the automation component of Ontraport also.

Cons

I wish there was a way that Deals could be auto-created because at the moment we are using the "Contacts" section as this is the only way leads can be auto added via the Zapier integration.

Hello Andra! We're so happy to hear Ontraport's robust features have been helpful for your business. There actually is a way to automatically create Deals using webhooks. In this video around ~58:00 Landon talks about about many-to-many relationships, specifically Deals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uijq4_tafIg&t=3480s I hope this video helps, but if you still need more assistance, feel free to reach out to Support or post in the Ontraport User Community in Facebook. :) And thanks for the review!

Very versatile

Ontraport is a great platform and they are making it better all the time.

Pros

The automations are great. You can create campaigns that automate a lot of tasks and triggers in a single campaign.

Cons

It doesn't connect with a lot of other r platforms. The tracking and dashboard isn't very good compared to Keap.

Powerful, multifaceted, intuitive

It just simplifies so many processes. Being able to build a page, send emails, manage contacts, and set up campaigns all under one roof makes everything so straightforward. We're better able to roll out new ideas and events because multiple team members have learned the simple UI, and because we don't have to juggle amongst several different services for each step of the process.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a sequence of events from start to finish--a page for customers to visit, a form to fill out, an email to send them upon form submission, a page to be routed to, a campaign of future emails to be added to... it's all so simple to set up with Ontraport's vastly powerful tools and visually intuitive interface.

Cons

Some quirks and bugs in the page editors can make building a page frustrating--for instance, in the sidebar where you upload a photo for a certain block of the page, your cursor naturally tracks over Ontraport's sample photos on the way to the Submit button--and hovering over one of those images causes it to be chosen, overwriting the image you just uploaded and inserted. I have to take a scenic route in a big C-shape with my cursor to avoid this happening. Little quirks like that stack up and become pretty frustrating.

Hi Ksenia! Glad you and your team are using and enjoying the software. We hear you about the page builder. Keep an eye out for updates, we are constantly making the UI and experience better.

Good in theory, buggy overall

Not having to juggle between a bunch of other software.

Pros

Ontraport does a lot of things. For the small businesses that are just starting and not sure what they want, Ontraport is great.

Cons

Ontraport made me terrified of all-in-one solution packages. It does a lot of things... but nothing well. Every solution that it solves also has a huge "Yes, BUT..." Rising prices, followed by my inability to do what I need for it to do perfectly, has made me leave Ontraport. Like, being able to control permissions for wordpress pages is neat. But incredibly tedious to disable access when there's a lot of content. Subscriptions would be hard to manage if the customer had multiple products. Email campaigns were difficult to execute. Just a long laundry list of problems. If you're a small business that DOES know what you want, and the software to handle it -- I recommend that solution instead.

Thank you for your honest review. We would love to hear more about what your needs are so that we can submit them as feature releases. While we continue to bring core functionalities businesses need under one roof, we appreciate getting feedback from our users so we can continue to grow alongside the market. Please submit to our support team at support@ontraport.com.

SMS Customer Support

Pros

the data collecting part is easy. like how many people opened and clicked is a huge factor for email list managers.

Cons

Some goals arent working as expected. Not all the time but I did SMS recently and I am happy that Chase helped me to dig into it.

Ontraport does it all

Pros

I have been using Ontraport since early 2016 and it's been a reliable backbone for my business. There were some small issues along the way, but they were mostly user errors and they were quickly addressed by the support. The flexibility that Ontraport offers is incredible. A couple of years ago you would need a team of programmers to achieve what they offer. Incredible tool.

Cons

Hard to think of any. Really happy with the service provided.

Glad our support team has been able to help with the hiccups along the way! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Jan. :)

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business

Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

Pros

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

Cons

The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

Reviews like this one is what keeps us doing what we do. Glad you've found Ontraport to be successful for your business. Thanks Rebecca!

Ontraport Makes Marketing and Selling Effective, Automated, & Easy

Pros

Ontraport makes marketing and selling in my business effective and easy. With great email deliverability I don't have to worry that my marketing messages aren't getting to my prospects and customers. The payment processing and affiliate systems allow me to accept payments for my services and products and have my partners share them with their communities so I can help more people get the solutions...

Cons

I don't have one complaint about the Ontraport system or the company. The staff are friendly and really care about the success of their customers. They are careful to roll out updates after thorough testing and creating new features that the community of users wants.

A Solid CRM Choice

Overall it's a good product for what it offers and for the price. The customer service is also top notch.

Pros

The ability to customize the contacts page and the ability to create landing pages is what sold us.

Cons

Really meant for product driven sales more than service driven like us. While the landing pages are a real plus the limitations to creating certain looks, etc. is also frustrating.

Thanks for the feedback, Barbara! Most of our users actually are service providers as that's the audience the app works best for. We're sorry to hear you haven't had the best experience with the page builder and we encourage you to contact our support team to help resolve these issues. https://ontraport.com/support/

Great software but you have to be an advanced user to use it properly

I've been using ontraport for more than 6 years and it's a great tool, but you have to be an advanced user to use it properly.

Pros

Very complete for marketing automations and advanced marketing campaigns that include lead generation and sales (including one click upsells), however, it's for advanced users.

Cons

The user interface needs work, specifically metrics and reports. It's too complex and need many filters to get what you want.

Thanks for your feedback, Andres. We understand that there is a learning curve with the app (as there is for most technology) which is why we've launched Ontraport University. OPU offers 150+ video lessons on all things Ontraport and is free to all our users. Check it out here: https://ontraport.com/university

Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm

The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

Pros

You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

Cons

Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account.

Hi Mitch! There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

Easy-to-use and powerful CRM tool

-Easy to manage and navigate CRM -Saves time during customer file management -Intuitive user interface

Pros

I use Ontraport as a team member to manage client files and support membership-related inquiries. I love how easy it is to work with client files and support customers with their inquiries. In general, I've found this particular Ontraport feature relatively easy to learn, and in comparison, found it much easier and more user-intuitive than Infusionsoft. I can't speak to the marketing automation aspects, other than my client has installed a powerful and complex automated marketing email system and it seems to work quite well. Overall, this is a great software, especially if you're thinking of outsourcing CRM and support-related tasks.

Cons

I can't find any drawbacks for using this software. From what I understand support has also been wonderful whenever my client has needed to contact them.

Hi Carolyn! Glad to hear you are having a great experience using our software. Should you ever have questions about the other functionalities or want to look at opportunities as a consultant let us know! You can email our support team directly at support@ontraport.com.

Best Tech Support EVER!!!

Between the tech button inside the software and the support in the private Facebook group all your questions get answered.

Pros

When you get stuck, the tech support is right there to walk you through.

Cons

You can't tag an order bump to my knowledge.

Happy to hear you you've had great experiences getting the support you need, Beckie! We're constantly finding new ways to improve the app so thank you for your feedback.

Not bad, but in hindsight I would probably pick a different CRM for us

Pros

-The campaigns feature is really comprehensive and easy to use, once you understand it. There is a bit of a learning curve. -The Email template builder is a pretty nice plus - this was something we really wanted in a CRM, although it could use some work. -HTML editor for emails is available. -Custom fields, link tracking and automatic tagging can be set up, which is great.

Cons

-Hardly any of their customer service reps seem to understand how the software works. After calling and emailing support multiple times to get help setting up our first campaign, I talked to only one person who was able to give us a comprehensive and complete solution that suited our needs. Other people would constantly refer us to someone else or straight up say they didn't know/didn't offer that...

Customer Service is AMAZING

First of all, their customer service is AMAZING. Every time I have a question, each support person is quick to answer, and is super kind. I had an extensive chat with someone today, and he helped me SOOO much. I have never seen such quick, helpful, and NICE customer service EVER until Ontraport!!!!

Pros

Customer service, their ability to go above and beyond, availability for screen shares

Cons

it is a little confusing at first, but with their awesome customer service team, they help in a jiffy!

Thanks for this positive review, Hannah! We'll be sure to pass this message along to our support team. :)