OptinMonster Logo

Lead generation software for marketers

OptinMonster Reviews - Page 2

JS

Jacob S.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

What it's designed to do, it does extremely well.

Thoroughly enjoyed using this while we did. Truly only moved on to consolidate features and found a more expensive one that combined about 3 softwares we'd been previously using separately.

Pros

Insanely easy-to-use tool for exit pop-ups primarily. the detailed logic of when certain pop-ups appear is very effective and easy for anyone to build. Design builder was also simple, templates worked great. We had some very high conversion rates on several of ours for a long time. A/B testing is also great.

Cons

We ended up moving on from it for one reason: multi-step forms. What optin monster does well, it is great for. But in our case, we needed forms with multi-step logic and more flexibility as far as embedding static forms/pages. So after years of using optinmonster plus other tools we found one that combined it all and chose that.

Kenny K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

OptinMonster takes lead generation and automation to the next level

OptinMonster is one of the best lead generation tools on the market and pretty much works immediately out of the box. You can quickly get a campaign up and running, integrated with the tools you're already using. I like the large number of templates and the many customization options. This makes OptinMonster easy for beginners and a great tool for advanced marketers as well. The simple Wordpress integration is also a time-saver.

Pros

What I like the most is that OptinMonster is easy to use on every website you own. It works both on Wordpress websites and any other website you own. Either you use the WordPress-plugin or you just add a piece of code to your site to display your campaigns. You also get a lot of ready-made templates that are already optimized for high conversions. After being around for so many years and learning from customer campaign data, OptinMonster knows what works and is constantly improving their templates. This way you don't need to start from scratch and know something will work. All you need to do is browse the templates, pick one, customize it a little bit and then publish your campaign.

Cons

There's not much I dislike about OptinMonster. There are different plans that you can take depending on your specific needs, but one thing I'd like to see changed is the page view limitation that comes with each plan. Once your campaign is displayed a certain number of times per month, you will need to upgrade to a higher plan if you reached your maximum.

Kristen C.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

A bit limited for non-paying users, but better than most

We've been using OptinMonster for a very short period of time - perhaps a week - but so far it's worked well. I'm not rating them on their ability to convert visitors, because that's more our responsibility as the business, but the software itself works really well. As I mentioned above, there is a bit of a learning curve, and be prepared to hit the "undo" button several times during your first template build, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to put together a call to action for whatever you need!

Pros

I like the variety of options available with the software, from the various templates to the customizable options, and so far it's worked seamlessly with my WordPress site. Once you get the hang of how their software works, it's fairly easy to knock out a great-looking "call to action" for your website, with easy to understand analytics and seamless integration.

Cons

Because we're using the free trial, we are a bit limited in what we can do. And, for a small business like ours, the monthly cost for the "Pro" option is just too high. The software itself takes some getting used to, especially if you're building something from scratch, and their system can be a bit slow at times when customizing your call to action.

Internet, self-employed

Powerful lead generation

I like the functionality of OptinMonster, and the results have definitely been good. It's not my favorite tool to use because it can be a little difficult, but that goes along with all of the options that it gives you.

Pros

Optinmonster provides plenty of different types of forms and ways to capture email addresses. There are more options than just about any competitor.

Cons

Because of all the Options, I find OptinMonster to be a bit confusing at times. I often have trouble customizing a display or getting it to display exactly when and where I want it.

JM

John M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

A conversion magnet!

I was using OptiMonk for over 2 years and their product, support and pricing was very bad. I switched to OptinMonster and things are now running smoothly and my leads have increased 5 X! I would highly recommend this software if you are serious about getting more leads with less headaches.

Pros

- Ease of use - Constant updates - Great support

Cons

- The analysis around conversion wasn't the best but the last update that was made fixed this issue and now we have all the live stats that we need!

Becky D.

Used other for 2+ years

Optinmonster helps you get your website forms right

Optinmonster makes it very easy to put beautiful forms on your website and pop them when, where, and how you need them on your websites. They integrate with email marketing software platforms easily, and there is always Zapier if they don't happen to be integrated with the platform you use. I have been a customer for 3+ years, and despite the fact that I can better design forms, I still prefer to use them for my customer optin information collection. The many different ways you can have a form display on your website keep me as a customer.

Pros

I started using Optinmonster because I couldn't design a good looking form and I couldn't get it to open / pop when I wanted it to. I needed something that looked better than what I could get from my email marketing software and I needed to make it appear when and how I wanted it to. This is easily accomplished with Optinmonster!

Cons

They don't update their form designs very often and if you want to have the same form used on different pages or in different ways (on click vs exit intent) then you have to design a new form and set it up for each individual interaction scenario you need.

MR

Michele R.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Love OptinMonster!

What I like most about this software is that you can easily integrate and make edits to your site's pop ups. We have a pop up that I've set to appear 30 seconds after you land on our homepage. It's opts customers to sign up for our email newsletter (the incentive is that they will be entered into our monthly giveaway). The list of emails goes straight to our email marketing tool so I can easily pick a winner every month. I also have an exit intent pop up that appears whenever you are on certain pages of our site and move your mouse to close out. It's very easy to edit this pop up as I often make changes to it. My experience with OptinMonster has been great. I'm really glad they have an option to A/B test pop ups. Very happy I chose OptinMonster!

Pros

Integration was super easy. It's also very easy to edit currently running pop ups (no need to have a developer push anything new to code- simply log in to optinmonster's website, swap out an image or change some text and watch it update on your website in real time). They have exit intent pop ups which we utilize (and you can choose what pages on your site you want certain ones to show up on). There's analytics built in so you can see how your pop ups are doing. You can A/B test. They do it all!

Cons

Can't have unique promo codes generate. For instance, I can't have a unique promo code pop up for every customer. We have an exit intent cart saver pop up that gives customers a 5% off coupon code. I have to monitor the coupon websites around the web such as "retail me not" to make sure the promo code doesn't show up on there (it always does). Then I have to go and change the promo code. If OptinMonster had the option for unique promo codes this wouldn't happen.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great software

Pros

OptinMonster is super easy to use and works extremely well. I've used it for 3+ years and the functionality has gotten even better since I started.

Cons

It's hard to write cons for OptinMonster. The price is right. It's simple to use. It runs really quickly. And when I have a support question, they answer it expertly and really quickly.

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're thrilled to have you as a customer! Don't hesitate to reach out to us via Support if you ever have any issues that we can assist you with. :)

Mitch A.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Regrettably moved here and not that impressed so far

Incredibly frustrating so far. Instead of more features they need to focus on making the bare basics easier to use. If we weren't using a referral software that required us to use optinmonster I never would have changed, or when i did change i would have refunded immediately.

Pros

I liked that there were many more features that were available to use

Cons

Many things. The biggest one is that it blows my mind the forms are not very mobile responsive. Most of everyones traffic is mobile, yet they recommend you create a form for your website plus a different one for mobile. So it takes double the work to set anything up. Secondly, the forms they use are blocked by browsers like Brave and Tor, which means constant support enquiries to deal with. I tried asking optinmonster support team for help on this. That was 4 days ago. Still no reply. Now it is the weekend and that means we are going to continue to have this issue another 2-3 days.

Rocky K.

11-50 employees

Quick and easy lead generation software that anybody who knows Wordpress can use

So many useful features. It's one of the few pieces of software where I use about 80-90% of it's features.

Pros

Optin Monster is a great, low-cost alternative to capturing leads on your website. The free version has a lot of what the average startup will need. And the pro version does some incredible things like A/B testing automatically. What I like is how simple it is to set up the landing pages, opt-ins, and thank you pages. I gave it to my clients to play with, and they were up and running with the software!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints with Optin monster. It works, there's frequent updates that makes the software better, and the free version is a excellent taste for many startups. Maybe one thing I don't like is the free version has the optin monster logo... but it's a free version for a reason.

Tohibullah M.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

OptinMonster: Giving a better return on money invested

Pros

This is the team also behind two other popular WordPress plugins: WPForms and MonsterInsights. The combination of three, OptinMonster along with WPForms and MonsterInsights, should give a competitive advantage when it comes to web development and internet marketing endeavors. When it comes to OptinMonster, cool features including Content Locking wherein a user is asked to enter his or her credential (say email) after consuming a part of content is great. It is a human tendency to finish a particular activity once started, and OptinMonster leverages many such human psychologies, giving a better return on money invested.

Cons

There is no free version of OptinMonster available unlike WPForms which has a free lite version.

ST

Steven T.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Good Pop-Up Tool

It helped us easily capture new contacts visiting our website and promote a few events.

Pros

It was easy to use, for a non-IT person. I can customize it in so many ways and do different pop-up methods. If you want to plug into your site with proper analytics, you'll definitely need help though. But once setup, it's nice.

Cons

I experienced some cross-domain tracking issues between OptinMonster and our CRM system, Pardot. Their support team wasn't able to resolve them, so we leveraged a WordPress plugin instead.

DJ

Dawn J.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

OptinMonster for the Win

OptinMonster is easy to use and a go to plug-in for all my website builds.

Pros

Ease of deployment and ease of reading analytics

Cons

I don’t have any cons for OptinMonster.

Julieanna C.

Market Research, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

OptinMonster Bait and Switch

OptinMonster sold me lifetime access (when it was new), to their platform back in 2014. In 2015, they transitioned to SaaS and I was welcomed. In 2021, I was contacted out of the blue and told that unless I wanted to pay the very low cost of $1,430/year, I would lose access to my service. Unfortunately, this is indeed, what happened. You can read about my experience here:[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. At best, this company has horrible business practices. Buyer beware and be sure to search "Optinmonster and BBB" as well as go to ripoffreport.com.

Pros

Thought it was a lifetime purchase, so was really happy with this purchase for 7 years.

Cons

It was somewhat difficult during the transition from plugin to SaaS,--and, of course, what I disliked the most was that OptinMonster turned out to be a "bait and switch" scam,--offering a lifetime subscription when they were "new," and then revoking access to their platform when I did not purchase another subscription to something I already had purchased a lifetime subscription to.

Camille B.

Keep it simple when using this tool

Great tool for driving conversions. You can launch tactics FAST.

Pros

Optinmonster is easy to use. They have great templates, you can copy and paste HTML/CSS in. Native Google Analytics integration makes tracking a breeze, and the setting triggers is super easy.

Cons

This tool breaks more often than it should. Every A/B test I've tried to run has technical issues. I've had pop-ups trigger when they shouldn't. CSS doesn't always play nicely. If you keep it super simple, you're good to go. If you try to get fancy with development and design, you might run into some trouble.

Hey Camille, Thanks for the review. I think most if not all of your concerns will be addressed in some of our future updates to the Builder. :) Thanks again for working with us. Don't hesitate to reach out if we can help you with anything.

Judiciary, 1-10 employees

Perfect tool for great results

Pros

easy installation, good prices, great support

Cons

that i didn't find it earlier so everything would've been easy

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great tool for nonprofits!

Very good experience overall - would highly recommend.

Pros

We had a great experience working with OptinMonster for our fundraising campaigns. The platform has allowed us to reach new audiences through our website integration.

Cons

Could be more userfriendly, we needed to know some limited coding in order to edit templates.

Niraj Y.

Easy to Use Popup

Pros

Its Easy to capture a Lead with this functionality of popup Form Builder

Cons

Pricing can be on little lower side, also little support must improve

Lucas M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Fake Reviews

Pros

It does the job for the most part, easy to use, pretty straight forward. Works like most apps (Mailchimp Etc.)

Cons

When you look at the reviews on this product you can tell it's deceptive. If you're in the industry you know all the ways to manipulate everything, and right off the back, the first review is bashing this product. The next two give it a 5 star review except it sounds way to good to be true. To top it off the company gives thanks to the person who supposedly gave the review and twice it says thank you Thomas? I mean come on. The odds of two people giving a 5 star review and they were both named Thomas? Good try Optinmonster, if they new better, they would know that if we are in the business, we no how deceptive it can be. They need a new editor because the one you have now just got you caught up as a fraud.

PK

Patrick K.

I have been greatly pleased with this software and would highly recommend it overall.

Pros

For a first time user, I thought the documentation was outstanding. It was easy to implement on my blog. Whenever I had questions, there was always outstanding customer support. The software also offered easy integration with other products and my blog.

Cons

I find my self sometimes wishing there was a greater selection of templates. Although, I have been pleased with what is present available in the software.

Hey Patrick, Thank you for your kind review. I think our updates to the Builder in the near future will help you customize your campaigns even quicker and more intuitively. We're very happy to be working with you! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can help you with anything!

Diego J.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for lead generation & automation

You can quickly get a campaign up and running, integrated with the tools you're already using for your marketing automation & CRM strategy. If you don't have experience, the pre-made templates will make it easy for you to customize it a bit and publish your campaign.

Pros

Great for building email lists and nurture your leads. Is a good low-cost and easy to implement solution, specially if you are a startup. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you get it, you will master most of its features.

Cons

As you are using a plugin, your site performance will decrease. If you care for SEO, make sure to use a good hosting company. I don't really have any complaints with Optinmonster. Bear in mind that they only offers email support. If you need help, you will have to wait for assistance but I must say their customer support is great.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

I rely on this everyday on my website

Pros

It's intuitive, easy to use and very effective.

Cons

It's a bit pricey, but there are good deals they offer and it's certainly very valuable and worth it.

Luke S.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Stacks of templates, simple to use

Customer service is solid and you're given handle tips on how to improve conversion in their regular email blasts. The price is pretty much unbeatable for what you get so would definately recommend.

Pros

Right from the start you're given solid templates that are easily tweaked to suit your brand. Within minutes we had our first campaign live which gave us instant traction.

Cons

There is a custom code version of this tool which is great, but we wanted to try an advanced feature that didn't come standard (in the particular way we'd like it) and would have taken some of our developer time. So could be done, but we just wanted to move a little quicker.

YS

Yocheved S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Works well once up and running but terrible UI

The ability to capture email addresses via the tools OptinMonster provides is great but the UI could use a functionality upgrade.

Pros

Once you finally get it up and running, the ability to create pop ups and exit intents and top bars is great. It works as expected and it's nice to be able to a/b test.

Cons

The UI is terrible - editing a template requires clicking around aimlessly hoping you'll hit on whatever it is you need to be able to edit what you're trying to edit. There is no internal analytics - it relies on a connection with GA, so if you don't turn that on, you get no data on how it's performing.

Irfanudeen S.

E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 employees

Monsterous Lead generation and optimization tool

I learn a lot about lead automation and lead optimization with the help of OptinMonster. It integrates with all my LMS and CRM tools to deliver the best output.

Pros

The best about OptinMonster is they offer freemium services to know about the platform. OptinMonster is the best tool for the beginners who aspire to became a blogger, data miner, lead generator. It run the campaigns very effectively and the performance is at par with the high paid applications in the market. It offers various integration support and plugin supports.

Cons

The customization of the fields is little in the OptinMonster. The chat support takes time to respond in my time zone, apart from this everything is at best in OptinMonster.