OptinMonster Logo

Lead generation software for marketers

OptinMonster Reviews - Page 3

Monica O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

User Friendly Like You Need

Pros

Learned about optinMonster from a trust web professional who teaches other how to build their own website when they know nothing at all. Super helpful for creating leaders

Cons

Optin Monster has so many features, I don't think I will ever learn them all so if that is a con, there ya go.

Grace C.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Simple to use, Easy to install

Overall, one of the best options for getting email opt-ins set up. We use this with mail chimp and so far, have had no issues.

Pros

I use this software to set up pop ups for client's websites. They are so their customers can opt in to their email lists. This was simple for me to install using the Wordpress plugins, and worked seamlessly once we sorted out the API codes.

Cons

The program can generate more than one API code which made it confusing at one point, but we sorted it out.

MS

Matthew S.

Machinery, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Avoid!

I cancelled my subscription months ago and even had to get in touch with their team to cancel the direct debit which for some reason was set up twice, taking out a payment of £47+ every 2 weeks, turns out they are still taking the money and still haven't cancelled the direct debit on their end and are stil using and storing my bank details without permission

Pros

I liked how it "appeared to be professional"

Cons

Nothing you can't get for a 3rd of the price from other pop up generators

Hi Matthew, ​ Thank you for reaching out about this issue and giving us the opportunity to make things right. This is certainly not the experience we want our customers to have, and we sincerely apologize for the issues you've faced with ongoing charges even after canceling your subscription. To make amends, on August 3rd, our billing team refunded all payments going back to the charge on February...

AF

Alicia F.

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use for email acquisition

We used OptinMonster as our main source of email acquisition on our blog. It was really easy to set up, and we created a steady pipeline of email leads. If you need a quick solution and don't require robust reporting, this tool is great.

Pros

The form creation is really easy to use. It's a drag and drop system so you can create forms in minutes.

Cons

The main issue we had with the software was the reporting. It was difficult to compare the conversion rates for different forms over a specific time period.

SK

Sudip K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

OptinMonster Review

Pros

If you plan to collect leads from your WordPress website, then OptinMonster is a great tool 1. Easy to install in WordPress 2. Drag and drop builder any body can use 3. Exit Intent Technology - the tool understands when the visitor is about to leave your site 4. Multiple formats in one tool - Lightbox popup, scroll bar, floating bar, sidebar form and much more 5. Add countdown timer with your forms (a great conversion tool built in) 6. Converting any link or picture into an opting form is a great conversion tool 7. Page level targeting option - great for targeted campaigns Convert your WordPress site in to a lead generation tool without any manual intervention.

Cons

1. Exit Intent Technology is available only from Pro and above plans. 2. Only works with WordPress.

Leonardo M.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Great WordPress lead plugin

Pros

It’s easy to use and build lead generation forms.

Cons

I would love that the team expands the capabilities and possible integrations.

Political Organization, 11-50 employees

Fantastic for Exit Intent Forms

We have majorly increased the number of leads by utilizing this software.

Pros

If you want a beautiful exit intent/timed lead form on your website, OptInMonster is the software for you. The part I like the most about OptInMonster is the cookie based tracking that allows you to make sure people who have already interacted with your form, will not get the pop-up again (if within a specified date range.)

Cons

The "Canvas" feature where you can use custom HTML to code and design your own form can definitely be confusing. There are some weird CSS features that they include (like a randomly named css class for each individual form) that can make duplication difficult.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Simple and powerful

Pros

OptinMonster is a fantastic tool to create and publish interaction pop-ins on any website. We use it daily to attract leads on our landing pages. It's easy to use, and has a lot of features that others don't have, like exit intents, monster effects. Also, the targeting is super precise, with a lot various criterias.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

A Real Iceberg!

Pros

I decided to try OptinMonster with a very specific goal in mind - their Exit Intent popups. However, thanks to the great content and tips that they creat, I soon realized this was the tip of the iceberg. There are several very advanced on-site retargeting features that can really do wonders to maximize conversions.

Cons

They lack official integration with SendGrid Marketing Campaigns.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for wordpress opt-ins

lead generation, site opt-ins, reducing cart abandonment

Pros

I work in the "building websites" space! It comes as a wordpress plugin and is easy to install. It really helps when capturing opt-ins and is customizable! It has really helped any company I've worked with reduce abandoned carts and increase sale conversions!

Cons

It is a paid tool! But worth it if it gets you another lead, sale, or reduces your cart abandonments!

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

OptinMonster - The flagship app to create effective pop ups

It is a highly useful tool to be able to retain customers who have exit intent, or for lead generation.

Pros

I think OptinMonster has a very feature-rich user experience and helps with many kinds of pop ups, including gaming ones.

Cons

There are some limitations on the number of form fields that I can add while creating a pop up optin form using OptinMonster

BJ

Brian J.

Design, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great for Pop Ups

I had a good experience and was able to customize a lot of different website pop ups.

Pros

I liked how I was able to customize the pop ups on my website with ease.

Cons

I did not like that I had to pay extra to remove the optinmonster logo from the popup.

Shivansh B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Very practical and helpful tool...for sure...!

Pros

It's simple to use OptinMonester. Even if you have no prior expertise with this kind of campaign you should go after, it provides step-by-step directions on how to create a distinctive marketing campaign from beginning. So yeah, very handy! Also, it's easy-to-use and powerful than most competitor tools.

Cons

One drawback is that you find it extremely difficult to design a form that allows users to upload files with Optinmonster. I frequently want to develop a form where users must upload a file and that's a problem right there.

Design, 1-10 employees

OptinMonster is a giant in the industry

Pros

Easy and step by step guide in creating a new campaign regardless of your tech level

Cons

Nothing for now. As far as I have used OptinMonster, it's perfect for the task

Used other for less than 6 months

Looking for a lead gen tool? You'll definitely need OptinMonster

Pros

Here are some pointers which I feel are the best considering what the tool is offering. - Various lead forms to generate leads - Amazing customer support - A/B Testing - Integrates with all the major software - Drag & Drop builder (Best part)

Cons

The base mo plan is very basic and you won't find anything great in it. I think they can add more lead gens forms in it so that a newbie blogger or marketers can use it to take their lead generation to the next level.

Thank you for the review! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us an honest review. Don't hesitate to reach out to OptinMonster support if we can assist you with anything.

Phil T.

Retail, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Build your mailing list.

We needed to build up our mailing list size and OptinMonster was effective and easy to integrate with Shopify.

Pros

Very flexible building pop ups and rules about when to display them. Great templates.

Cons

Was too pricey for our business. Low ROI for us.

RL

Renee L.

Amazing!!

Pros

I actually really liked the software. Also must add that customer service is completely AMAZING!!! I am so happy they helped me.

Cons

Nothing! It was really efficient. I didn't end up using it long, just because I haven't made the time for my blog. However, once I am able to put more time aside, I will more than likely use this again!

Hey Renee! We're so glad you were a customer of OptinMonster and we look forward to working with you again. :) Best of luck with your blog and we're ready to help you gain leads whenever you're ready. -Kevin

AS

Adam S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Does its job

The goal was to try and capture a few more leads from website visitors. The results aren't as good as we hoped, but there is some value with the tool.

Pros

It was relatively easy to setup and have something usable in place quickly. Within the first day we had exit-intent popups working on several pages.

Cons

We use the software in limited ways and haven't come across any major cons so far. It is worth mentioning that to really get good value out of it you have to go with one of the more expensive plans.

Mark O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great optin App

Pros

Simple to use and helpful team and they made a opt in with great design.

Cons

least - nothing really.. I havent used it enough to not like it. It does what I want it to do

NS

Nate S.

Not a bad start for capturing leads

Optin Monster is a pretty good, middle of the road value if you need to start capturing leads. It's a great solution for marketers lacking highly technical skills but needs to customize forms on landing pages. I think some of the pre-designed forms could be improved in looks, but other wise is a solid tool.

Fabio C.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Very good results !

I’m very happy using this tool

Pros

Easy to use and configure, I’m very comfortable using this tool

Cons

Not yet for now, I have not seen any problem

JS

John S.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Solid help

Pleasent

Pros

Tracking clicks on website and when they looked at the site.

Cons

None at this time too new to give a comment.

FM

Felix M.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

My first campaign

Good and gratefully

Pros

Very easy to use and very complete in functionalities

Cons

Nothing special. It really seems to me all very complete. At the moment, with the little use that I have given it, I do not identify any objection to put

GF