Periscope Reviews

Periscope

Data platform for business intelligence across all sources

4.33/5 (33 reviews)

Pros
  • I like the speed and streamlined SQL language it enables. It has a great interface and customer support is fantastic.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The product is simple, clean and intuitive. If you have any kind of question, their support team sets the bar for excellence.Bernadette F.Read the full review
  • It doesn't cost anything which is a big plus. The ability to connect and interact with students, family, and friends is a remarkable opportunity.James L.Read the full review
Cons
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Joel Ángel Ariza Valderrama

Reviewed 2019-01-17

I have enjoyed sharing videos easily and quickly with many people at once.

Pros
The fact that it's fast and very user-friendly.

Cons
I don't like that there's not so much support as before for Periscope.

austin kim

Periscope was amazing in its time

Reviewed 2019-10-03

I was at an adtech company running millions of reads and writes a month and we needed insight into our data. At the time periscope was the most robust option. And whenever a problem happened someone was there to help remediate the issue.

Pros
Ease of use, caching features, and customer support were all top notch. Absolutely nothing to complain about besides the price point. If you are well funded, you will not be

Cons
The price point is very steep if you are a startup or if you wanted to use Periscope for a home project.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Ionie Willett

Why I use Periscope

Reviewed 2017-05-18

Periscope has been my saving grace by introducing me to an awesome online community of broadcasters. It affords me the opportunity to engage in scopes which have helped to build me personally and professionally. I cannot go a day without being on Periscope.

Pros
I like the upgrades and the haste to resolve issues. The quality of programming is basically great.

Cons
Sometimes the app crashes and you miss your broadcast or cannot get back on for a while.

James LeGrand

Great way to connect with people using a live webcam

Reviewed 2018-06-28

It allows me to connect with students live from around the country or world for that matter. It's an incredible opportunity that expands on Facebook Live for instance that allows for more interaction. It's a great piece of technology that becomes a tool instead of a crutch.

Pros
It's so easy! You pull up the application, you select go live, and then you are connected with the planet. It doesn't cost anything which is a big plus. The ability to connect and interact with students, family, and friends is a remarkable opportunity. The picture quality is sufficient.

Cons
The fact that anyone can comment can be more than an annoyance. As a teacher there are some things that you can't control and ugly or profane comments are a constant concern. I go live from around the country in an effort to connect students as well as family and friends to my summer travels, so there are moments where people can comment and be inappropriate. You want the ability to interact, so this is the downside.

Jeremy Kreitman

We use periscope for our data analysis and visualization.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Pros
Periscope charts and graphs are pretty easy to use. I really like their upload CSV functionality. They recently improved their error reporting for troubleshooting query issues which was nice. Their support is extremely responsive.

Cons
Dashboards with a lot of widgets can be clunky and slow to load. Reorganizing widgets on a busy dashboard also can be a bit frustrating. Not quite as easy to use for non data people as other software I've used.

Sebastian Wenzel

Solid BI Tool, but difficult to use

Reviewed 2019-04-22

Really good tool, but not a big fan of usability. ( I am an end user, not building my own SQL reports).

Pros
I like that Periscope runs stable and doesn't have any downtime (as far as I've noticed). The tool also runs pretty quick no matter how much data/graphs you run in a dashboard.

Cons
I do not like their filtering system, meaning the way sorting in filtering works. The filtering should be set up similar to Google Analytics with pre-set fields e.g. data ranges compared to date ranges in the past. It would make it much easier to use it

Anonymous

Great tool for those with SQL know how

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Greater flexibility, control, and freedom with data.

Pros

Cons
SQL knowledge is required so this is not meant for the casual business user (though SQL experts can create dashboards for business users to monitor).

Justin Rampy

Perfect data visualizer for any size business!

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Very useful data visualizations to help me and my team analyze data faster and more effectively.

Pros
The way we are able to manipulate our data and visualize in different ways allows my team to be more efficient and decisive when it comes to analyzing performance and executing on our strategies.

Cons
The SQL code used to parse database rows can be a little technical to get used to, but any business with a developer should be able to pick it up in no time.

David Kao

Great platform to congregate analytics data

Reviewed 2020-03-27

Overall, very positive. Much of my daily work depends on using the data Sisense keeps organized and graphed.

Pros
I use Sisense daily and it's been a really easy way of understanding data at a glance. Information is charted out in a generally easy-to-understand format and lets me make analytical decisions quickly.

Cons
Load times can be very slow and reorganizing charts can be cumbersome. I've also had difficulty in getting certain dashboards to share correctly with clients.

Anonymous

It helps make data transparent and accessible to all members of the team.

Reviewed 2018-01-10

Pros
Being able to create dashboards and customizing the permissioning on these dashboards. We are able to make certain read-only dashboards public to external parties. In addition, the visualization and aesthetics have been done well, making the data is a lot more presentable to users.

Cons
The pivot table functions are somewhat limited, so if I wanted to create columns in the pivot table that contain processed data from other columns, I would have to do that in the query itself.

Anonymous

Great analytics tool for marketing

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Pros
It's a really robust tool to visualize data sets as a marketer. Pretty easily to manipulate as someone that doesn't know too much about coding.

Cons
Without SQL experience you'll find it hard to customize your charts the way you want it. You'll need to partner with data analytics team or dev to do that for you.

Ajeet Khatker

Periscope

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Pros
Great way to use different dashboards to tracks various things

Cons
takes a long time to refresh, can be hours

Anonymous

Great product, but a little pricey

Reviewed 2019-03-16

Pros
It is easy to configure and setup. It does require tech talent to configure and connect to the appropriate data sources (as I would expect). More importantly it is very easy for business users to understand and get productive quickly.

Cons
The cost is high and while there are many great features some could not be included based on negotiating with the sales rep. Be sure you know exactly what isn't included in the cost.

Anonymous

Overall a good software, I would argue if such engineering is needed.

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
Periscope has a really good UI/UX they provide everything you need and without being lost. From a users perspective this is huge as the processes become automatic.

Cons
The multiple dashboards that start being created within the company can sometimes become difficult to manage and I think some improvements on the UX of that part could come in handy a long way.

Benjamin Myers

Great for Data Analysis

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Great

Pros
Great for creating visual dashboards for large amounts of data. Many options available but dashboards must be built by the user using SQL. Great for helping make sense of large amounts of data and making them easily interpretable.

Cons
Must have in depth knowledge of SQL for coding the dashboards

tommy colclough

great tool to source customer data/insights.

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Pros
user interface is extremely intuitive in design and functionality. periscope allows me to easily set charts to display data in any filtered fashion.

Cons
the search option for discovering and sorting dashboards hopefully can be improved. it can be hard to manage the large number of dashboards.

Rochelle W

Pretty cool live video streaming service

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Overall it’s been ok minus the occasional dropping of video because of signal sometimes when it’s crowded.

Pros
I liked that it is an interactive live streaming service where viewers can participate by showing love and leaving comments. It does what it’s supposed to do.

Cons
Maybe the platform could be a little more user friendly when searching different videos. Also getting good video quality can be kind of tricky at times.

Quick, simple, not updated

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-04-30

Pros
Periscope is simple and easy to use and go live with. It is a great feature to use and interact with an audience.

Cons
With other platforms like facebook live and twitter videos, it is a bit outdated and the need for another app is not necessary.

Solid Data Tool

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Pros
options to export have set up our dashboards well for the sales team unifying data from different business units

Cons
not able to set up on my own - this is handled by a different role

Periscope for Analsyts

Reviewed 2019-12-10

Periscope so far has been great. I had the same business question asked 3 times within 4 days, so I created a dashboard in 45 min that has made questions go away and given the business a tool for answering their own questions!

Pros
I like how simple and easy to use Periscope is. With little knowledge of BI tools, you can set up a dashboard in minutes!

Cons
The only pain point for me is with the way data is stored and shared with others. It would be nice to create more extract like data sources that refresh at a set schedule and stay that way regardless of underlying data.

My experience using Periscope

Reviewed 2019-12-23

I use it to see what's happening at specific areas around the world.

Pros
I like the fact that it brings up like feeds on a map so that a user can see feeds from all over the world in real time and also zoom in on areas of interest on the map to get feeds local to those areas, it's just so wonderful. I also like that you can see how many live broadcasts are coming out of a particular location.

Cons
The app consumes data on a massive scale (maybe because of the live feeds) but apart from that, the app is just wonderful.

Anonymous

Social media app with room for improvement

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-05-23

Pros
This app is really user friendly, it's easy to use it and it also has a nice visual environment that makes things easy to do.

Cons
I think it's part of its nature, but it could be nice to know whether a user is active or you are only looking at what they have done so far but without time reference.

Anonymous

I use periscope to view production data and perform SQL queries.

Reviewed 2018-03-15

I highly recommend periscope for giving members of your organization access to the data they need. While it certainly helps to be technically proficient, you can do a lot with minimal experience.

Pros
It's really easy to view what tables are available and perform queries against them. If you are proficient with that, this is very powerful.

Cons
The displayed results can look a bit crowded, and I am not a fan of how it gives row numbers all the time. It should give an option to reduce the padding in the tables and turn off the numbering.

Josh Bartley

Allows me to easily access our database and retrieve necessary info

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I use periscope to get financial info from our database using saved queries. I am by no means a power user, but I like the ease of use once someone has done the hard work for me. It allows me to easily track daily metrics, pull info, etc.

Anonymous

We use periscope to track individual and team performance

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Pros
Periscope has many features. It is easy to navigate and provides helpful statistics. It is much more user friendly than the dashboard we previously used in Salesforce.

Cons
I know that Periscope has many cool features. However, I have not devoted the time to figure out what Periscope can offer.