Promo.com Logo

Promo.com Reviews - Page 2

JL

John L.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

The best I've found so far

I am a social media manager for a florists conglomerate, and I run all the company's social media platforms, plus the ones from nine franchisees, I need to keep it consistent and at one voice, but time is always my enemy, even if Promo is a service leaning toward promotional videos for paid advertising I am able to adapt it for normal everyday posting by making the videos longer (amazing feature), or uploading my own material. It's easy to use, it's fast, and the results are really good. I also love the fact of being able to choose from a large pool of different soundtracks if I so wish.

Pros

It's effortless to use even if one has no experience with video editing. The video templates are beautiful, even the free ones, which is a huge upgrade comparing to their competition; as usual with other competitors, the free videos are of low quality. The time it saves is of the essence.

Cons

Can be a little tricky in certain features, specifically on how to remove sound or only keep the sound of your uploaded video, but the support chatbot is very efficient and clear in their instructions.

RR

Riley R.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Amazing Platform

The customer support has been unmatched, they have helped us even when it was our own mistake in reading information when we signed up and discounted our service. Also having that instant support with the chat and being able to fix small platform errors in only a few minutes could not be better. We got promo thinking we would make a few videos and cancel but since then it has helped get more people to our social pages and has let us show our services in a different way to our website visitors.

Pros

The quality of all of the video content whether it be premium or free content they are made beautifully. It is easy to customize any videos that work best for who you are advertising to and with our target market being health care professionals it is great to have so much healthcare related content to grow our social media and website.

Cons

I would like to be able to change font size within the text box, also be able to have two text boxes appear simultaneously within the same time frame.

MF

Markus F.

Horrible Customer Service

Customer Service will ignore my pleas to fix the website and come up with excuses for it not working properly. Since I paid over $2000 for the year and I can't use this product anymore and they won't give me credits or a refund. I do not recommend this company at all.

Pros

Ever since there last update there are no more Pros.

Cons

This website used to be Top Tier until they recently made some updates and now the App is useless and the Tech Department can't seem to fix the problem. I've used this company for over 2 years and now it's been 1 month since I can't use a service I paid for and all they do is give you excuses for why the program doesn't work. I highly recommend you find another social media manager company other than this one.

RR

Richard R.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

1 click video editing and publishing tool for social media marketing.

I decided to recommend this software to be used by our marketing team, we were looking for a solution to create and promote video advertising across our social media platforms. I was able to signup and begin using promo.com immediately with little or no training necessary, in less than 1 hour I was able to produce high quality video advertising clips that were being distributed to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Promo.com is cloud based, cutting edge video editing and publishing.

Pros

Promo.com is very user friendly, I like the features that allow you to publish directly to your social media outlets. This is great software for marketing teams to use across the board. I love the product support and customer service, I highly recommend this software for anyone looking to grow their social media presence and who needs a tool to create engaging video content.

Cons

Promo.com is so good it has nothing bad about it.

Yassine A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The best online video editor for professionals

Promo allows me and my team to quickly edit professional videos, I often start from one of their premade templates and I make few edits to come up with an original and unique video that I can use for marketing campaigns or social media feeds. We also use promo to edit videos for our clients and they’re also satisfied with the videos that we deliver for them.

Pros

Promo.com has a lot of awesome templates for a bunch of categories, it became my one-stop-shop for all my business promotional videos because it offers a variety of video ads templates that I can simply edit on my browser without any program and they also offer a great selection of stock footage and text overlay options to make the videos more professional.

Cons

it's a bit pricy for small businesses but for me I think it’s worth it, I just hope that they can make it a bit cheaper to make it more affordable.

Eric C. W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Promo works well for simple videos but could be better

I don't use it as much anymore because the product simply hasn't evolved the way I want it to so that I can get the creative results I want. It's somewhat frustrating. We do still use it though. It enables me to do a custom video of 10 - 30 seconds quickly and easily. I own an executive recruiting firm and we produce a custom video to accompany every new job search, pushing it out over social media and on our website.

Pros

Promo is relatively simple to use, even for non-tech people. There is a wide range (millions they claim) of video clips available and a pretty good selection of music---all royalty-free. You own the final product and can do whatever you want with it. The price is moderate.

Cons

Promo began by allowing users to start from scratch with a blank template, but then created their own templates that you are forced to use or get creative about to customize. No amount of logic or pleading with their customer service ever made a difference. Their in-house creative videos are almost all really amateurish creatively, except for the exercise videos. The music selection hasn't seemed...

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Best Product For video Promotions on social media

Promo.com made our business to achieve higher results and enagagements in social media platforms. i strongly recommend to try this product for those who are struggling to find the right platfrom for the social media content.

Pros

This software has some incredible features that can help me customize the video ads according to the size and dimensions of the required social media platforms that you can publish. It has an integrated solution where you can publish the video directly into the respective social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc) I do like the fact that you can actually customize and reimagine to design your own creative video with existing opensourced content or you can use your own cotent with these templates. There are 1000s of existing templates for quick and quality video ads to publish within a fraction of minutes. I love the product as it is so easy for beginners to start editing the video content.

Cons

There is noting to worry about this product. once you start using it, you will definitly love it.

FS

Fiona S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

A little bit of magic

There is no doubt that video is the way forward. The interaction and level of engagement with our more personal posts as a business, especially those using video, is clear. We have had a slightly halting start, due to the unavailability of key staff to work with the software having taken out a subscription, so several account pauses were required. These were handled efficiently, with understanding and accommodated our small business issues which prevented us using the service for a period of time. Customer support is some of the best we have ever come across, almost instant response, no need to explain previous interactions as they seem always to be on top of things. Really grateful they make it so easy.

Pros

It is incredibly user-friendly, requiring very little technical knowledge. The sheer range of options is amazing, with a wide range of templates and an endless array of choice. Despite the fact that other companies may use some of the same templates, the personalisation options are such that one is very likely to end up with exactly the same promotional video as someone else.

Cons

To date I have had no technical glitches, and the software has worked seamlessly on my Mac. The only thing that is sometimes a little overwhelming, is the sheer amount of options and as the site has added increased options and functionality it naturally becomes a little more of a complex process. Working with it regularly takes away any confusion.

BP

Bill P.

Dishonest billing practices

I've used them for 5 years. I've had problems in the past but have dealt with it. I'M DONE WITH PROMO. There are many, many other options out there not to have to deal with dishonest/deceptive billing practices.

Pros

Easy to use and implement. Pretty basic.

Cons

THEY'LL RUN YOUR CARD WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. When done in error, they refuse to give refunds. Dishonest billing practices. Not responsive customer service.

Hello Bill, Thanks for posting, and we have looked further into this for you. As agreed with you last year, you had a discount on your monthly plan for 12 months which was valid until February inclusively. As discount was over as scheduled, the price went back to the original one starting from March. As we can see you have contacted us via email, and to help you out, we offered you 2 free months plus discount for 12 months after 2 free months are over. We are sorry that both options did not work for you. I have also contacted you via email and would be happy to further discuss any questions that you have. You can email us at support@promo.com. Thanks

Ashley P.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

The best promo video service I have found yet.

With Promo we are able to make original content to keep our social media sites fresh with new videos. Promo also allows us to easily create individualized content for our agents to use on their own social media pages that brands them as their own business with their own contact information rather than the corporate information.

Pros

Great selection of stock videos to choose from. Premade templates available for easy editing. Suggestions of premade videos provided for the specific industry that you declare on sign up. Great selection of music to add to videos. Great selection of text overlay options to make videos look anywhere from fun to professional. Easy to change video format to fit different platforms. Easy to download video once completed. Customer service team is readily available to answer questions. New features and functionality being rolled out frequently.

Cons

I have not found anything about this software that I do not like. When I start to think to myself it would be nice if it had this feature, a feature similar if not exactly like that becomes available. I think they really listen to their customers feedback and requests.

Kimberly M.

I Create Videos that Convert for Client in 4 Minutes

Pros

Social ads, email, all content - when I want to express an emotion or add a branded message, Promo is my go-to platform to create videos that not only convey, but convert because the content is classic, or fun, or anything I can imagine. I can do this in as little as 4 minutes to spending more by uploading my own video content to add with the licensed video on the promo platform. That's key. The biggest thing though I would say is if I have a problem, this team has a chat button so easy to use and I've literally never ever waited to get help. Tell me where else right now that happens. Not even Facebook or other video platforms have this. They are always eager to help. That helps me...helps my client..helps my sales.

Cons

I am not able yet to upload transparent image overlays...yet. These guys are always creating new stuff monthly - new tool, which is why I always keep on coming back.

RP

Renee P.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

FABULOUS software!

We are using the software for our inbound marketing initiatives to achieve lead gen and drive traffic to our website. We will also use videos in drip campaigns and our sales guys will use them in demo situations. In my first 24 hours of use, I had two questions which were expertly handled by the 24/7 chat reps. I could not have been more pleased. A really pleasant surprise.

Pros

super easy to use, very intuitive UX, and great automation phenomenal value for the cost customer service is responsive, swift, knowledgeable, and actually gets the question answered the library is incredible: unrivaled having licensed music available is a huge perk

Cons

it would be great to have music on a timeline slider like the clips and captions, to accommodate musical transitions within a single video if you have to add in a new video clip, the software currently requires manual shifting of all the captions to get them back in alignment, which can be time-consuming if your video is long

WT

Wendy T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Excellent products! Excellent services!

Excellent service! I had a last minute project due the day I contacted customer service and they were able to help me resolve a tweak in less than five minutes. They have fast, friendly service and are able to understand what you need, no matter how frazzled you are at last minute. Thank you so much for saving my project! :)

Pros

I love how user-friendly this software is. Whether you have to create an ad or a short video for an event, you can adapt the software to suit your needs. I've been using Promo videos for a couple of years and have just opened a new business that will benefit from this software.

Cons

Last year, there were less features that made it a little less accessible for what I needed. They have listened to their customers and added new tweaks and features to suit everyone's needs. If you see something missing, that you require to enhance your marketing, just let them know. I'm impressed!

JV

John V.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Promo Is an Outstanding Tool

Love this product! Great tool, exceptional support team, excellent value especially now with the unlimited premium videos (thank you for that)

Pros

1) The software allows us to be creative and quickly bring our messaging vision to life without having to worry about the technology. 2) the clips, both free and Premium, are excellent, have high production quality, and are constantly growing in number, 3) this tool is a huge saver of time and money. We can create and customize our message in-house without having to rely on expensive agency solutions that take way to long and don't take the time to adequately understand our business, clients, culture, and messaging goals.

Cons

1) The timeline is clunky. I have a pretty high-powered iMAC and moving clips around on the timeline is a laborious task, especially if using 5 or more clips, 2) would love to see more music options. Many of the audio clips within a genre start to sound alike and is counter to the wonderful variety of video clips you offer. Bottomline, better curation of the audio clips is needed. 3) Would love more flexibility with formatting the text, especially the outro.

MA

Marina A.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Horrible service and staff is VERY unhelpful

I contacted the Promo team countless times, because their videos just would not download and elements would load incorrectly for me. When I wanted to cancel, they offered to downgrade my account so that I would pay less. When they downgraded my account to $20 instead of $50, I not only still had technical issues, BUT Now I couldn't even use PREMIUM videos, even though in my account it said I had 66 premium videos to use. I even sent them a screenshot. WTF. I am so mad. I wanted a refund and they only gave me an $80 refund, when those 66 premium videos cost me WAY MORE. TOTAL SCAM. DON'T SIGN UP.

Pros

Premium templates are good, but way too many technical issues. I can't say anything good about Promo.

Cons

TOTAL SCAM! Frequent technical issues when customizing videos, uploading logos, changing font or text size and then when you're ready to publish, it won't publish. Customer service was not helpful.

Hi Marina, Thanks for reaching out, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would be happy to take a look into your account to help out. We were unable to locate your account. Can you email our team at support@promo.com, and we will answer within a few minutes, our support team is here 24/7 to provide immediate support? Thank You

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Disappointing

I had quite a few video credits (when I cancelled I still had 6) but this whole idea of making you pay a monthly fee just to keep your credit is very shady and disappointing for a company I have supported for many years. I know most companies chase the mighty dollar I just wish some kept the same honest attitude they had when they started.

Pros

The software itself has come a long way over the years and is easy to use and gives you decent video content.

Cons

-The price has been steadily increasing. -Customer service has been disappointing.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback/review and we would be happy to help out. All unused credits rollover with an active plan and we have several options including pausing the account if you require. All published videos remain yours forever. Can you email us at support@promo.com so we can take a look at your account and help out with a solution that will help out.

MR

Marisa R.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Never helped my to fix my problem

bad/ terrible/ inefficient and unprofessional

Pros

I used to use this promo.com to do my daily videos without any problem. However, 10 days ago I starting having problems to upload videos on Instagram ....I was chatting with an operator for 2 hours and finally my case was transferred to technical support ....UNTIL today, nobody contacted me and I am still having the same problem .....I can't upload my videos to Instagram and nobody cares / helps me

Cons

Nobody helps you if you if you have a problem ....operators don't know what to say

LB

Lonny B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Features severely limited.

I think they have a good concept, but they are far from being user friendly and too limited to be valuable. Too many other services that can provide better services.

Pros

For simplistic videos it is OK. Good variety of videos.

Cons

When then went to their premium video selection, some videos can cost multiple credits. Same videos are much cheaper elsewhere. Cannot upload quality videos without a headache. Even after speaking with tech support they wanted me to upload my video to a third party so they could check it out. I don't have time to mess with this program. With newest upgrade, previous videos can no longer be accessed because of the new system. Total waste of years with this group.

Hi Lonny, Thanks for the feedback on the simplistic and good variety of the videos. Sorry to hear you had an issue uploading your own content and I will reach out for the file to see what the issue may have been. Thank You

Ba

Blessing a.

Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 employees

Meilleur logiciel de montage vidéo

Je trouve cool, ce logiciel, il a toujours su comblé mes désirs et m'a beaucoup aidé pour la publicité de mes produits et services.

Pros

Ce logiciel est le meilleur en matière de montage de courtes vidéos. J'ai été agréablement surpris par le fun, et les fonctionnalités de montage. Le logiciel nous a énormément aider pour la promotion nos projets filmiques et publicité pour notre entreprise. J'aime également le fait qu'il ait de plus en plus fonctionnalités au niveau du filtre des photos et vidéos, vraiment c'est hyper cool.

Cons

Cool comme logiciel, mais se serait beaucoup plus cool, de nous permettre, de mettre également en jeu nos propres images et vidéo.

Showing original review in French. See translation

AT

Alex T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Awesome !

Nice

Pros

So many choices, I like to surf on videos, imaginating the music and message to add

Cons

Price ! some packages as in 2016 will be better for little companies in order to buy only 10 and + 10 videos

rb

ruengelo b.

Computer Games, 1-10 employees

Slidely Promo

i had and still have a good Experience with it good live services good feedback on the chat help god bless u guys

Pros

the first time when i try this software webs was i say omg this is so coool i had to save some money so fast that i could buy it 1 this software is so nice 1 fast 2 easy u can get all your video in full Hd videos

Cons

what i like is its easy for work whit it and cool

KM

Kimberly M.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Software is fine. Customer Support Horrible.

NEVER AGAIN. Would never recommend this company to ANYONE.

Pros

Easy to use would like more options to edit

Cons

Once this company gets your credit card they refuse to stop charging your account. The annual charge of 495.00 is still charged even after you have asked for a cancel. When you contact they they first will tell you they will reduce the charges and only charge you 50% (mind you it was the same day it hit my credit card) after much back and forth they communicated the best they could do was a 70% refund. Its completely ridiculous that they could not cancel and refund the charge in the same day . Its very shady business practices.

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for your post and feedback. We would be happy to take a further look into the account as if you set the account to cancel prior to the renewal charge then there will not be any further charges to the account. Can you reach out to us at support@promo.com? Thank You

Eyüp Ö.

Financial Services, self-employed

Promo.com EO

The people around me like to watch the videos I create. This increases my motivation.

Pros

There are many features that are very helpful in creativity when creating and editing videos. This creates very good content.

Cons

It can be difficult to reach customer service when there are some problems. They help of course, but until they do, I usually take care of myself.

iD

isabella D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Simplicistic, Elegant, & a Staff Who is Beyond Exceptional

Connecting to those who are always bombarded with ads and pressuring marketing campaigns, Promo allows the 100 Year Lifestyle to connect beyond the traditional "buy me/here's a discount" ad and rather towards a more organic conversation through videography. This is the future.

Pros

For those just getting started in the editing world, this platform gives space for innovative expression, marketing, and connecting to more people in a world that is open to listening. By using software like Pinnacle Studios in the past, I find myself very impressed when another editing software, such as Promo, that offers a template-based platform for the creative audience. I love this program for its ability to make people laugh, relate, and tune in for a moment of energetic exchange.

Cons

I don't always appreciate a glitch here and there because I use this software so much. Yet, when I do experience a glitch, the team is ON IT... Like asap and they make you feel supported throughout the instant messaging.

LM

Lucy M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Promo.com can help you create a video fast

It's a good software that has great potential. Would like to see the option for a pay per use instead of monthly or yearly - or maybe some kind of hybrid Lots of templates, good libraries and simple to follow

Pros

Easy to useLots of templatesExtensive Library for footageExtensive music libraryFun to create and explore

Cons

Too expensive for what I need - I'm not producing every single week, and you can't opt out of the monthly plan too often. Clunky - my system crashed several times when using it. The preview on the video was problematic often so I felt like I was editing in the dark - doing what I needed to get done and then able to build and preview after - buggie