Promo.com Logo

Promo.com

The Leading Online Video Creation Platform for Businesses

Promo.com Reviews - Page 3

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Doesn't stand out from the pack

It's perfectly fine, it just is not the type of software that becomes essential. If you are SOLELY going to make videos then sure, go for it, but if you are a small shop and can't afford multiple platforms, this one would end up on the chopping block because you can get another all-in-one-solution with overlapping functionality.

Pros

Promo has nice-looking templates and is fairly easy to use. It definitely is something that folks with little to no video editing experience could easily onboard so you don't spend time training people to use it.

Cons

It is fine enough it's just that there are other platforms that do more and are more all-encompassing. At the end of the day, I couldn't justify paying for this on its own merits when I could just do the same thing with something like Canva.

Marcos G.

11-50 employees

Excellent application to create social media videos in minutes and without complications.

Pros

Although we are a video company, we are not all geniuses creating videos. That's why this tool worked very well for our sales and marketing team, since it allowed any employee to create interesting pieces and engaging, without needing to have editing notions (it only takes a little creativity!) They have an impressive and very large library of music and video clips that you can use in your videos. The editor is very simple and easy to use. If you need it, they have enough support material for you to learn how to use the tool. In general, they have many interesting things that will make creating videos for networks much more effective and eye-catching.

Cons

It has certain limitations, which depending on your needs, objectives and experience, can be frustrating. For example, I only managed to edit videos that are on the platform. I did not find a way to upload my own video from my computer. Likewise, the "free" version is not really free, since you can not download the videos you make, which by the way, have a maximum duration of 15 sec (in the free version). While it works properly, the relation between the price and not being able to upload own videos made us keep looking for other options.

AD

Alla D.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great video solution

I like the customer service at Promo. they are very responsive and if I have an issue , problem or questions I get responses and solutions right away. during my first year subscription I did not really used all the credits, but they agreed to transfer unused credits to the next year.

Pros

It is an easy and user-friendly software with a great choice of categories you can select. You can select already prepared short videos , just customize them (like adding your own slogan, brand color and logo) and you are ready to send a message to your audience. It is very easy to download and share links. Now they added new features like posting on the social media. I used it and it was convenient as you did not have to download a video and then upload to your social media pages.

Cons

Based on my plan I get basic features , no cons for now. The only wish I could have is to get a cheaper plan but this is something we always want in the world of business.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Great excellent software

Pros

Everything very well organized. It actually motivates you to keep on creating content for your business and as a business owner at least 10 pieces of content we have to let out on social media every day. Promo makes it easier especially on those days we are all but creative. One very important thing for me and my team was the speed your staff quickly answers. If we need to get the video out but we are struggling with some matter promo customer service won't take 1 minute to answer, I can say 15 seconds was the longest wait, if that is even considered waiting. It's just great, in every single aspect. ALL of your staff are very nice and easily and quickly solves the problem and plus gives us suggestions to improve our content!!!!! GREAT WORK!

Cons

Nothing. Absolutely nothing, which it is hard to find these days!

TH

Taylor H.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Top-Notch Marketing Product

Pros

Promo.com has accelerated our digital media marketing efforts. As the marketing manager of a midsize nonprofit with limited staff, budget and time, social media marketing usually falls at the bottom of my priorities. Promo.com has empowered me to develop eye-catching social ads in a very short amount of time (usually 30 minutes or less) and at a cost that fits my budget. With a vast database of unique video clips and background music to choose from, Promo.com has quickly become one of my favorite marketing tools! Not only would I recommend Promo.com for its ease of use and affordability, but their customer service team rocks! When I discovered an issue I could not resolve on my own, customer care was quick to respond and offer solutions to meet my needs.

Cons

The only limitation that I have experienced is text editing. The options for adding text to video are pretty limited and it would be great to see more text editing features available without making it overly complicated.

RM

Ryan M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Pumped on Promo

Promo has helped our marketing team save time while driving traffic through our social platforms. We ran into some problems with our billing and the Customer Service team was outstanding. They went out of their way to accommodate our situation and were more than fair with the resolution. We recommend Promo to fast-growing businesses who want to save time while offering high-quality promotions and advertisements.

Pros

Ease of use and speed of content creation for our team.

Cons

We wanted to add our own videos on occasion, then Promo added the feature! No complaints but we always appreciate more video download options.

VH

Vicky H.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Love the Videos

I'm able to get a quality product done in a short amount of time. In my line of business, time is a very valuable commodity. Plus, the product looks like something I would have paid much more for than what I actually do.

Pros

That I can customize it and make it look as if I spent hours when it only takes a few minutes.

Cons

Sometimes, the videos that I develop for my facebook coverpages don't display correctly and I have to go back in and move things around...even if I save the video as a facebook cover.

GV

Gary V.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Great to Get You Started Fast

Though a bit limited - it's still a great way to get off the ground quickly with your message.

Pros

How quick and responsive the application is.

Cons

A bit limited with some functions.... also, the library of videos are not really diverse... they much of the same feel/mood/look.

DV

Dominique V.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

All in one!

I just started to use Promo a week ago. it's easy, the Customer Service has been very helpful. I'm positively surprised about how easy it is to create videos and you can customise the adverts with your brand and colours.

Pros

Promo gives access to all the 'ingredients' I need to create videos at an affordable cost. The app is easy to use, no need to be an expert. Promo provides a great diversity of high-quality footage.

Cons

The only thing that I hadn't expect is that It was not clear that the annual payment would be taken in one go.

Animation, 1-10 employees

The best video maker

Great experiences, Promo made us pro with no video making experiences.

Pros

The simplicity to making and editing videos, The calendar which made our life easy to get pre made videos. The customer support very professional and swift service we are receiving every day, The photo bank is one of the best i have ever seen

Cons

I love everything about it. everything is working as it should be.

SH

Susan H.

Nonprofits and Promo

Even though Happy Jack Cats, Inc. is a nonprofit, we still need powerful marketing materials. Our very existence, and the lives of many animals depend on our being able to fund raise effectively. Sophisticated materials keep us from looking unworthy of donations. Success breeds success. Promo makes it possible for us to look good and, consequently do good.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use, the variety of clips, and the numerous, fantastic music choices. I'm not a videographer, and do not have sophisticated equipment or software for making great videos. Promo does everything for an unskilled user like myself, plus my organization, a nonprofit kitten rescue, does not have the funds for the hiring of skilled people or for expensive software and hardware. Promo offers fun, high-end quality clips which are applicable to my cat rescue. The software is easy to use and the learning curve is short, so I was able to quickly put together a video asking for donations on #givingtuesday 2019, that I'm proud of.

Cons

I have yet to find a problem. If I do I will share it with Promo, and I'm sure their team of experts would address it.

CD

Cornelius D.

Outstanding

What was going to initially cost us with a graphics designer per video we were able to pay less a year with unlimited promo's.

Pros

The easy method of use and direction in doing so.

Cons

In my opinion I would have like to have found a more balanced catalog of urban communities within the videos. To better enable us to reach all types of people within their everyday familiar surroundings.

cc

chauncey c.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

sales up & excellent customer service

Pros

The software is straight forward. ANYONE can navigate the software. I recommend using the Mac Book Pro I tried using the software on a pc windows system not so smooth it took the features longer to upload and overall it was just performing slower. Mac Book Pro lighting speed on all features. The software is expensive but worth it. The message center will respond within five minutes of messaging them and are extremely helpful. The quality of the premium content is another great value for the price. PROMO has made a huge impact growing our brand and marketing our brand. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Cons

NO COMPLIANTS The customer service team is AMAZING!!!

Retail, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

About as quick and easy as it gets for video editing

We use the software to crank out quick little videos to use on social media and PPC ads.

Pros

The video templates are super easy to use, and the video asset library is extensive. It's easy to upload your own video and combine that with stock footage and in just a couple minutes, you have a professional looking video. Also, it allows you to export the same project in multiple aspect ratios for stories, reels, square, landscape, etc.

Cons

The built in templates are both a blessing and a curse. They are great when you are willing to work within their frameworks, but if you'd like additional customizations, Promo is not as flexible as a traditional editor like Adobe Premiere.

Sumit K.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Easy to use with amazing customer support

Pros

Easy to use ,intuitive user experience . Dose not require expensive product licenses. Reduced dependency of having a large team of professionals for video editing etc . Saves lot of time and help prioritize other important tasks . Best part is its support , which is always available 24X7 hand holding the user to solve any challenges right from helping them understand a feature or solving a billing issue.

Cons

You need a good processing power in your computer to run the system . While it works okay in low internet speed a system like latest MacBook Pro or Windows system with i7 and 16 GB ram is best for product.

OI

Oded I.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

I just love Promo!

I just love Promo!! I'm been in marketing for many years, and paid awful lot of money for content creation, and especially video productions. Promo gives me a quick and cost-effective alternative. Love it, love it, love it.

Pros

In the history of online videos it has never been so easy and affordable to create marvellous video clip as it is with Promo. With its broad library of videos and many editing options, my team and I can create high-quality videos that serve our brand and business well in a fraction of the cost and time it would have taken us with human service providers.

Cons

The pricing model is somewhat unclear, but either way it's worth it...

LR

Luisa R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Promo User

An excellent experience over all! Very satisfied. Looking forward for the new features to share directly on instagram.

Pros

I like the user friendly applications and the exceptional customer service. All my questions have been addressed within 3 minutes directly on the work page... do not have to leave the window, which makes it easier to chat with the assistant while implementing the recommendations. NOTE: I work late at night, usually after midnight, and the response time frame is withing the 2 to 3 minutes. I am very satisfied with Promo.

Cons

that i cannot implement photos of my product within the video frame.

TB

Thomas B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Disappointing

The companies billing policy. Your initial communications will go directly into your email. However your reminders go into spam! I contacted the company on receipt of our credit card billing to advise I did not see a bill, and I would not be using the service in the future. Advised I felt the system was not clear - it's very easy hide behind small print. When you sign up - you take on a one year account of whatever. 2 emails are then sent reminding you of your renewal. Everything is a renewal these days. .........App's etc. When eventually I was in receipt of the renewal via my credit card - I requested a refund - Promo can see I've not used their service in some time. Really - I just see it as not good customer care.

Pros

Relative ease of use. It's a great start into social media production etc.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to edit, not always co-operative in how you go about things.

E-Learning, self-employed

Perfect for Marketing and Engaging Audience.

WoW, it is recommended to all social media marketer or have a business online specially to those have a big products that sell through online.

Pros

The accuraccy of the platform. It analyze so fast when it come to content posting.

Cons

unlike other platform thats need more time to publish video marketing. But this one is very easy in just a minute can post directly.

RS

Rafieq S.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

My thoughts on Promo

Promo has been useful as an additional marketing arrow in our quiver, as it can be easily used to knock out a short customised video fairly quickly.

Pros

The product is relatively easy to work with and provides a wide variety of templates, which is most useful, especially when starting out.

Cons

The functionality is good, but I feel that the features are rather sparse for the cost.

Arika N.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Video creation made simple

I have created a number of social media videos using Promo. The templates are well designed for social media video creation.

Pros

Promo is a very good tool to create social media videos. It has a lot of templates curated for social media use case. All the possible video dimension templates are available.

Cons

This is a tool to create basic videos. They should have option for creating animated videos as well.

JR

James R.

Idea is ok but their claimed flexibility is not what it seems

Pros

Decent inventory of clips but that's about all I can say that I like.

Cons

According to their claim, you can do anything you want with their videos... but later on, after you dig through the site and ask numerous questions to their customer support, you get the reality. You can only edit the clips on their platform (useless if you have any editing skills in ordinary software), you can't edit anything you bought later, it can't be more than 15 seconds, etc etc. For novices maybe it's an option. For anyone needing anything halfway professional, it's pretty much useless.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Unethical conduct in billing

They dropped their price by about 60% because the rest of industry offered the same service for that price point. They auto renewed us for the full price. Then when we said cancel it, they offered us a "discount" of the amount they never should have charged. They asked if we wanted the discount deal or cancel, we said cancel. They said "too late" you missed the cut off, read our policy. We are done. We will not do business with a company that acts this way. They got to keep our money but we are not using their service.

Pros

The ease and product were equal to others in the industry.

Cons

Their customer service and business ethics.

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out, and we would be happy to take a look into your account to help out. We were unable to locate your account. Can you email our team at support@promo.com, and we will answer within a few minutes, our support team is here 24/7 to provide immediate support? All monthly and annual plans can be canceled from within the billing section of the website if you decide not to continue. Thank You

SS

Sheilla S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Some content is better than others

Overall, I enjoy using it, but the quality for the price and the price structure is a bit frustrating at times.

Pros

I like the variety of videos available and the ability to crop them in different formats. It's easy to use and pretty plug and play.

Cons

The free videos are pretty cheesy. Some templates aren't thought out well and I found a few with typos. It doesn't feel like a true marketing team was behind the content/copy of their templates. Some are better than others, but I wish they put a little more thought behind their copy.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Great for social media!

It really helped us make professional looking videos to share with our audiences. I think it was good value for the money and to help our social media.

Pros

I used it as both a free user and premium user. I really liked the media libraries and how easy it was to add videos into my project. It was great for making promotional videos for social media for the non-profits I worked for.

Cons

I wished it was easier to add custom fonts and colors. Also, it took a long time to save and preview the videos.