Promo.com Logo

Promo.com Reviews - Page 4

TA

Thomas A.

Used other for less than 6 months

The only platform for video marketting

Awesome - will be coming back as I run more campaigns in the future.

Pros

It was simple and easy to use, but produced great quality end results. Not only my that, but the access to so much stock footage for such a good price was great.

Cons

I wasn't a fan of the $100 month price point because I am a really small business (one other casual/contractor) and aren't making big money yet or employing full time marketters, but I still think the price is justified and if I was running ads more frequently it would pay for itself - it probably already has paid for itself - tomorrow's quote with a new client who saw my videos will tell :)

MB

Miria B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Lo sconsiglio è vecchio come funzionalità

Medio bassa nelle funzionalità Pessima nella gestione customer

Pros

mi sembrava veloce e rapido da usare ma in realtà è lento e poco responsive

Cons

Al momento dell'abbandono ho avuto difficoltà e mi hanno addebitato un mese in più Il servizio assistenza è inadeguato.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

KO

Kaylee O.

Machinery, 1-10 employees

If you have a question...Just ask!

Customer service is always very prompt and helpful. Always polite and I get the information I need ASAP. If I could give 10 starts for this I would.

Pros

One of my favourite things with Promo is to social media calendar. Adds a bit of fun to your marketing posts if you do not have specific campaigns to use at that time.

Cons

Not overly great for use on your phone or certain tablets, but this wont affect most people who do all there marketing at work rather than on the go.

MG

Mikaelah G.

Real Estate, self-employed

Happy Customer

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the endless high quality stock videos. I had tried dozens of video making sites and none of them compare. Their customer service team is phenomenal! They respond within minutes and are extremely helpful.

Cons

I was upset I couldn't use the branding feature due to a special plan I purchased, but knowing that was what was most important to me, Promo's customer service team added it to my plan within minutes.

RF

Rachel F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

This is the product of the year for our team! WOW!

Promo by Slidely made us into professionals and we were able to make as many videos as we want and need without hiring a professional team, thus enabling us to be much more agile. Unlike most other video making sites, there is a wealth of stock video and photos available... not like other sites where you think you found the final price but you are required to keep upgrading for the best stuff. It is really, really, really great.

Pros

Promo was the greatest thing our team found. We have been going back and forth for months about how we will launch a promo video, and I went ahead to create one via slide.ly... wow! It was so easy to use, made me feel like a professional. The videos and photos in stock are incredible. We got so many compliments on the videos we produced. Most of all, the team is amazing - helpful, nice, fun. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

Dont have anything to write here. Had such a great experience

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Great product to make simple videos

Pros

Promo makes it easy to put together a quick video that looks great for any format, social, instagram, stories.

Cons

There isn't a lot of flexibility with this software. You cannot delete an outtro screen. Most of their stock videos are repetitive and not the best quality.

HH

Hannah H.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Slidely Promo Review

PROMOTION AND ENGAGEMENT

Pros

I love this product. It's got quirky features n and the process is simply. Music library is really good to choose from as are the videos. And uploading your own stuff is easy.

Cons

There is very little I dislike. I do wonder whether they music library could be added to - even if it was just five tracks a month. If you are genre specific like i am then you can use your first choice options really easily!

KR

Korina R.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Don't Choose Promo!!!

Extremely disappointed. I spent a lot on the subscription because the videos look professional, but I'm definitely regretting this purchase! Very limited editing options and unresolved technical support for their video software malfunction. Never imagined I couldn't finish a project because the software isn't working... It's going on 4 days and customer service has done nothing (except give me a few video credits that the second time I asked when I told them I was concerned and going to write a review). I have several editing subscriptions. I would not recommend Promo!!! Their software and editing capabilities are over priced and are not guaranteed to work.

Pros

Decent video selection Chat response time was ok, but no phone available

Cons

-Unable to save and make changes to video project after an update - 4 days and still no correction or resolution for the issue (Unacceptable) -Very, very limited editing options

BT

Bronhil T.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Promo.com WOWS me everytime!!!

I find the team at Promo.com to be knowledgeable and dedicated to providing their customers with exactly what they need. I also love that I can speak with them at any time during the day. They also sat and did a virtual walk through of the software with me - AWESOME! Oh and did I mention that their response time is superb?!

Pros

I love the quality videos and the recent unlimited use of all videos. WOW!

Cons

Still pictures could be a feature of this software.

JW

Jim W.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

The best!

AWESOME!

Pros

I love the easy of use and the customer support! Great company, customer for a long time!

Cons

Sometimes it flags my account stating I do not have a video available, which I do, don`t like. But customer service corrects it every time and quickly.

MG

Marcela G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Best customer service in the world

As a small startup, we have no money or time to make our own content. Promo allows me to make professional looking videos to boost my campaigns on social networks (they provide all video formats - this makes life so much easier!). I love it so far!

Pros

The platform has amazing content and the videos are super easy to edit! But the best thing for sure is the fast and efficient customer support. I made a couple of mistakes and couldn't edit my videos after publishing it (I didn't know it because it was my first time using the platform), but Tonya from customer support was SUPER helpful and helped me correcting everything. Very happy with promo!

Cons

Nothing! Love everything so far. Maybe promo could provide more text styles in video editing, but besides it the platform is perfect.

GC

Gina C.

Used other for 1-2 years

Customer Service is NON-EXISTENT

Buyer beware!!! Got sucked into the trial and can't get off the merry-go-round!

Pros

Nothing; we never used it and have tried to cancel subscription with NO assistance.

Cons

Customer support sticks to the script and is not available for problem solving , only problem creating.

FE

Freddie E.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great tool for building brand awareness!

From the very start, the staff was very attentive. I made an error in my initial purchase and the staff adjusted my account immediately. I am really impressed with the chat box where you can engage with someone 24/7. I am more than pleased with the overall service of Promo. Love it!

Pros

The simplicity in creating professional videos. When sharing them with others, they are stunned by the quality.

Cons

I haven't discovered any cons as of yet,

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Fast, simple, convenient

Pros

You can quickly convert your videos into different aspect ratios without having to start from scratch. Saves so much time!

Cons

The captions are required to be a minimum of 3 seconds long. But when you throw in an intro and outro, it makes it a little more difficult to create instagram stories (15 sec max.) You have to be more selective about your clip/photo choices.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

These "promotional videos" are nothing more than stock footage with text overlays

Create generic stock footage videos with text overlays. That's pretty much all you can do with this program.

Pros

The design of the website is very intuitive. The editor is also relatively easy to use. Perhaps the best part of Promo is that it has great customer support, with an easy-to-use chat feature.

Cons

First of all, the company claims to specialize in creating promotional videos for small businesses. It has a huge library of video templates, but when you look closer at the videos, they all look basically the same. Every video in the template library is simply stock footage with a simple text or graphics overlay. There is no animation except simple fading text. You could easily create better animation with Powerpoint.

Hello, I woud like to thank you for your feedback and rating our product. We currently provide close to 4 million licensed videos and an easy to use editor with many great new features coming out in next few months. One of our exciting new features will be fully flexible and comprehensive text animations. Stay tuned for future updates! We would also appreciate if you can email promosupport@slidely.com so we can further understand exact requirements you would need. Thanks

KW

Koby W.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great videos with perfect editing and lots of features

Promo has been great to produce impressive videos with ease and have great editing and features included in these videos. It makes all videos engaging and clear and is a great choice for any type of video.

Pros

Promo makes creating videos so easy and also allows for great editing to take the video to the next level. There are tons of great features to further improve the video and engage the audience. People will love to watch and learn from Promo videos and will appreciate the improved editing and quality of the video.

Cons

Promo has so many features and options that beginners may find it difficult to navigate and understand some of the finer aspects at first, but once they become used to it, they will find it so easy, helpful and rewarding.

JF

Julia F.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Seriously lacking in functionality and user experience

Only creating problems.

Pros

The included images, video clips, and music are not bad.

Cons

There is no way to loop music, no way to bulk edit timing, no way to set a default transition or animation, uploaded files will suddenly break for no reason, it crashes the browser while trying to create a video, the only way to set the duration of a clip is to click and drag, it doesn't even count the time in increments of 60 (it uses 100)!

Hi Julia We appreciate your feedback and sounds like you had a difficult experience using the editor so I would love if we can set a call and dive into each of these points. The goal is you can create your own marketing videos in less than 5 minutes and certainly it shouldn't crash. Please contact me directly at adam@promo.com so we can connect.

MP

Mary P.

Ripoff

Pros

Fun to put together a video, various templates to see. More affordable than creating same content yourself. Various graphics to use and tryout

Cons

Cannot contact company for support. Continuously bill you. I tried blocking the charges because I couldn't cancel and I was billed for 4 months. I never logged into their site used it at all. Work with them at your risk.

Hi Mary, Thanks for your review and we would be happy to look into this and help you out. Can you provide us your email address that the account was registered under and email that to adam@slidely.com. Our support team is available 24/7 via chat or by emailing promosupport@slidely.com so I would also like to look into this for you. Sorry about any misunderstanding and I am sure we can get to the bottom of this and help on the account status. Thank You

Arheer G.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Create videos and share on social media using Promo.com

Promo.com allowed us create videos in multiple formats may it be 1:1. 9:16, or 16:9. Also, it is easy to convert videos from one format to another.

Pros

- Promo.com can help you create business videos that can be used for social media marketing - Promo.com has a large number of social media templates - Has huge image and music library

Cons

- Does not have functionality to change video speed in order to make time-lapse or slow-motion videos - You cannot upload your fonts to the tool

CA

Camila A.

Create your videos for your networks!

Pros

It is an extremely useful software! It allows you to create different videos in a few seconds and it works perfect for the different ads that you want to run. They have a bank of images and videos that can get you out of the mud when you have little creativity.

Cons

There are several things that I do not like about this software. The first is that its free version is not really free. In order to download or publish the video you need to pay an amount of money, the only thing really free is to play with the application. On the other hand, its price may be a bit high for what the software is. If you look good, you can get other software that works similar to this and is cheaper

Crayle V.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Like iStock and iMovie combined

The basic service gives you 12 videos a year in the premium category, and lots of stock video that you can pu text over, which was my primary need. It's also nice that they have templates for each type of social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to keep things sized correctly.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create a short video ad right there where you found all of the stock videos for the background. It's quick and easy and doesn't require a lot of experience editing videos to use.

Cons

To get the best price, especially for basic use, you have to pay annually. If you want to make a one-year commitment, you get a full 50% off, which is a good deal, but often a hard sell for digital marketers to make to department heads who make make budget decisions.

SB

Sheri B.

Real Estate, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Value

I put out videos that in my industry most do not see used which puts my homes at the top of the list. Plus I use this service to produce videos to run ads on Facebook for more advertising about my company.

Pros

The ease of using this product tops my pros list. The videos are numerous and wonderful quality.

Cons

To me, there are not any cons. Some might think that the product is expensive but it gives small business owners the ability to create and put out expensive-looking videos for a fraction of the actual cost and helps us keep up with our competitors.

sv

sander v.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

The Promo.com

Overall, i will recommend this software, because it is a good entry level tool to get started on social media video creating for a reasonable price.

Pros

The Promo.com is a website where you can easily create video content for all social media platforms, It offers a create number of tools for each platform and it helps to create high quality content videos for someone who has minimal experience in that field.

Cons

You can start using it for free, but to get access to all features, you have to pay. Also in the beginning it still needs some time and dedication to understand the system and learn to how use all of the possibilities the software has to offer.

PD

Paul D.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

They just want your monthly fee

Disappointed. They keep wanting to keep the fees running. They don't mention in the set up you can only freeze the account for 2 months

Pros

Some of the videos and pics with music, has lots of fonts

Cons

Not easy to modify and edit. Music is ok but could have more choices

KR

Kimberly R.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Horrible customer service

Horrible would not recommend

Pros

Nothing. I wish I never gave them my card number.

Cons

It’s difficult to manipulate the text and takes too long to update their template videos. Customer service is awful. I asked to put my membership on hold since I’ve been out of business for 3 months bc of the pandemic and got a big fat charge on my card.

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience. We do have an option to pause the plan and the account can be canceled at anytime prior to the charge. It looks like no action was taken prior to the renewal which is why the account continued. Please reach out to us at support@promo.com and we can take another look to see how we can help out. Thank You