Promo.com Logo

MV

Marco V.

Entertainment, self-employed

Nice and fast

Pros

Easy to use, and really versatile if you're looking for a really QUICK way to make small videos.

Cons

Not cheap, but worth the price. Free version is ok, but lacks too many features, so I would recommend the full one (if you need to make a lot of small videos).

DZ

Damian Z.

Consumer Services, self-employed

What a Great......!!!

Pros

Great software and very easy to use. I use this from 4 month right now. It’s perfect for my business and for task I have to do. My customers are also very happy :) I’m just proud for this. And even better now, custom service is fast, kind and customer focused. I had two “problems” until now, but finally after help from customer service is was very small problem. I was ( and I hope I can always be :) ) very happy with support team :) Especially our rep is very good at her’s job and she solved my problems immediately :) thank you again! :)

Cons

I think the pricing could be a little bit better.

DP

Doug P.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Forced subscription instead of pay as you go. Never good!

Very loyal for 3 years. My demand reduced and had no need for subscription. Not allowed to buy videos as needed.

Pros

Decent library. Fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

Can't pay as you go. Instead, they only want you as a customer if they can take your money, month after month. Not a good fit unless you produce at LEAST 12 videos a year.

JW

Jeneen W.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Disappointed

They sent the renewal invoice after they billed credit card. Understand it is an automatic renewal, however most professional companies send a reminder before they do this.

Pros

Very cumbersome and poor customer support.

Cons

Very cumbersome and poor customer support. They will not talk with you on a phone only email as well.

CM

Christopher M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great Product For Simple Videos But Lacking In Features

The customer service was outstanding and the software was very easy to use. We were able to produce short videos for several advertising campaigns in a small amount of time.

Pros

What stood out with Promo was most definitely its library of templates and stock images/videos. They offer a wide range and a very comprehensive selection of content to use.

Cons

I felt that the selection of titles and transitions was quite limited. After producing just 8 videos, I started realizing that the look and feel of my content were getting stale. Although they offer a wide selection of stock images/videos, the overlay of titles and the outro selections were limited.

NB

Nicole B.

Hospitality, self-employed

Who doesn't love video?

Not having to hire someone to take care of this for me, since it is so easy to do on my own.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software. In three steps you can have an individualized video with your logo on it.

Cons

Sometimes finding the videos for certain occasions is difficult. I feel like they could do a better job of pre-made videos that you can make your own. They have a lot of videos with no words or music, but the ones that are pre done are a little more limited.

AF

Ali F.

Marketing and Advertising,

Smooth process

Pros

The variety of video options and the ease of use. It's intuitive to use and makes sense. Downloaded adding the videos from my stored videos is nice.

Cons

That I will lose the video credits on my account if I stop my subscription. I can't keep up when I don't have the client need for it.

MG

Matt G.

Political Organization, 51-200 employees

Grodsky Review

Very easy to use.

Pros

Its versatility across platforms and the amount of available footage.

Cons

We need more text options and video trimming control.

Leandro I.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Valeu nota 4

Pros

Muitas promoções, e bem interessante, o conceito é válido para o quesito de autopromoção.

Cons

Inumeras promoções que acessei pelo programa não estavam disponiveis ou haviam vencido a mais de 1 mês, falta responsabilidade dos usuarios que utilizam a plataforma em quando anunciar especificar data de término, para evitar que o próximo a acessar o link perca tempo desnecessáriamente.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Hi Leandro Thanks for your review and we would be happy to help out, I think you were referring to the July 4th special offer for new customers which has now passed. We can set up the special offer for you, just reach out to our team at support@promo.com Thank You

Used other for 6-12 months

Promo by Slidely has come in handy when it comes to making videos for FB advertising.

Pros

My favorite thing about Promo by Slidely is how easy it is to use. They already have videos and music you can select from without having to worry about copyright.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Promo by Slidely is that the customization of the slides/screens is a little limited.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great way to create unique videos

Pros

Promo is super simple and efficient at letting you create videos for advertisements. You choose a video, pick a music track and add calls to action if needed. You can then edit the video length to suit your needs.

Cons

Pricing isn't very expensive, but there are a few features that are missing. Also, despite having millions of videos to choose from, many of them are generic and are best suited for "B-roll" type content.

JL

Joel L.

Used other for less than 6 months

I'm a bit dense and had trouble setting up my video. This was many months ago perhaps before any rec

Pros

Your video and music libraries are extensive and I doubt it took me 10 minutes to find something that was perfect. However, I was unable to complete the video, but your customer support in the Ukraine was incredible each time. They went above and beyond to help me complete the video

Cons

I'm sorry I won't be much help here. All I remember was I could not complete the video and your customer support basically did it for me. Two thumbs way up!!!!! I'll be joining again as I prepare to build my online presence. I know you base the 15 second length of the videos on certain studies but I'd like to see them be a tad longer.

CK

Christa K.

Promo by Slidely is easy to use and I end up with a quality video in just a few minutes! I love it.

Pros

The videos and music help me get my imagination going to produce a really nice promo video. I love how easy it is to use!

Cons

I would like to see more selections of videos. I would like to see the videos sub-categorized in minutes. For example, let's say I want a video with a horse. Then, I would like to see all the horse videos categorized in 15-sec videos, 30-sec videos, 60-sec videos, etc. That way, I know if I am creating a 30-sec video, I do not have to waste my time looking through videos that are not the right timing that I need. It would be a real time-saver!

TM

Teara M.

easy to create videos

promo video quick and easy

Pros

Found it easy to create a video quickly. Lots of content to choose from. Enough customization options to have flexibility, without being too overwhelming. When I forgot to cancel my subscription renewal, support was very courteous and easy to work with.

Cons

I find it hard to find certain videos -- if you are looking for a specific one you happened to see once upon a time, it's like a needle in a haystack. There are just so many ... you can sort by category but would also be good if you could filter it down by theme, etc. It's also hard to sort through the audio tracks.

Robin H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Does not keep your data secure and horrible customer service otherwise great.

Horrible

Pros

video and music selection was good, ability to publish directly

Cons

They had a data breach, and my information is now possibly open to everyone. I cancelled my account and was still charged under the same email, but somehow Facebook login is a different account. Tried cancelling again and could not. Customer service was not helpful. I had to trigger a suspension on purpose to get my account finally canaceled.

Hi Robin, We would be happy to take a look into the account to ensure it is canceled for you. Please reach out to us at support@promo.com Thank You

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great tool!

Pros

Well done videos, great selection and tons of options for music. It would cost a lot more to hire someone to produce your own video.

Cons

The main issue is that all videos are horizontal so you can't really use it for Instagram Second is the fact that it doesn't make any change to ratio when you download the FB cover version, there are tweaks that need to be done. The text/design of text is very limited to have more videos that we can share on Instagram (horizontal videos)

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback and happy to read you think Promo is a great tool! Promo actually offers various versions of each video that adjusts automatically so you can download as vertical, square, and horizontal for example. Can you email us at promosupport@slidely.com so we can show you how that works. The videos are also formatted for FB covers and our support team can help if the video is not appearing as you would have wished. All content should look great on instagram, and terrific that you will use the square format! Thank You

DL

Dianna L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great customer service + Amazing Product

Very very good so far.

Pros

It could not be easier to use- seriously it's drag and drop, the music is fire, the videos are high quality (thousands to choose from) you can edit/ alter anything from the text color to the font to the intro to the out message. Add your logo and you're good to go.

Cons

I had trouble converting my first video from a "wide" format to a vertical one (from youtube style to Instagram style) but the Amazing customer service (rep) helped me out really fast- she said they had a temporary glitch and provided me a workaround.

Sandy Jabo G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great Value

I use promo to create social media content in order to keep my business on people's minds. I've had good interaction with my video posts created on Promo, and I'm very happy with it.

Pros

There are a lot of free clips and music available to create my videos. I really like the text functions - I just pick the effect I want to work with (out of many!) and type in my text. It's very easy to use.

Cons

There is a learning curve. It took me a while to figure certain things out. And while custom service was very nice, the person never did resolve my issue. I finally resolved it on my own.

LR

Lori R.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Review for the customer service

6 out 10

Pros

simple, easy, able download any pics, videos, music etc

Cons

I cannot edit from edit spot of video and replay form each section as i am working. I have go back to beginning review each time. Very time cosnsuming and frustrating.

PS

Patrick S.

Music, self-employed

They promote Promo.com Try It For FREE = BUT IT IS NOT FREE !!! (if you render/upload you must PAY !

does not what it says (try it for free)

Pros

works easy for easy clips includes overlays, can typ text, insert your own content

Cons

NOT FOR FREE = ALSO THE TRY IT FOR FREE IS NOT FREE monthly payments. NO 1 free video by try it for free

Hi Patrick, Thanks for your feedback and sorry it was not clear how the product works. Promo.com provides millions of fully licensed clips, so you can create quick and easy content for your business. You can create free drafts and fully test the product to make sure it is right for you. To download and use the licensed content does require a purchase, and our plans start at $49 per month. If you can email our support team at support@promo.com, we will help with a further discount as well, so you can download and see how Promo videos can help your business. Thank You

EU

ELIZABETH U.

Nanotechnology, 1-10 employees

Promo.com Review

Way above average!!!!!

Pros

The awesome customer service and knowledge and most of all the professional finish to the product offered! !!

Cons

That I don't log in often enough to use it.

MR

M Rene I.

Used other for 6-12 months

This tool was attractive to our members. It helped us standout.

Pros

The promo tool was quick and easy to use. It made us look professional at a very reasonable expense.

Cons

The labeling of music made it difficult to find the right track for the feel of the video. This is one area to improve.

MB

Manuela B.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

A very nice tool

Pros

This software gives to the user a huge amount of chances to create nice video.

Cons

You have to understand and be a little bit trained to change and create what you really want.

SS

Sue S.

Used other for 6-12 months

Love! As a small business owner I wish there was a less expensive option. If only I were RICH!

Pros

Love the ease. Great imagery. Fantastic service... great experience. Anyone can use it! Great for social media...

Cons

Would like a few more options for text. A bit more flexibility or some text effects. Maybe sound effects?

CB

CIndy B.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Review for Promo

The ability to create creative videos to post on social media.

Pros

Loved the ability to make custom videos for my real estate business. Some were made fun and some were more serious.

Cons

Did not like the amount of time it took to customize the videos. Maybe I was just not "good" at designing the videos because it always took me a long time to create.