PromoTix Logo

PromoTix

Ticketing platform for in-person and virtual events

PromoTix Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.97/10

Reviews by rating

I'm very satisfied with this platform as it meets my needs at zero cost. Questions have been answered promptly by customer service, and staff have responded in helpful and friendly ways.
Great company and great support and special props to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as he truly cares, something not found in customer services and sales depts these days.
A very pleasant and ongoing experience the journey is a wonderful one.
I have yet to encounter any negative experiences with this software.
The site was a little difficult to manage from a mobile device.

Paul T.

Used other for 6-12 months

Promotix will work for us but waiting for small changes to roll out to our bigger events

Cannot rate the support highly enough. Would recommend you try this platform for yourselves. Its a winner.

Pros

Support - very responsive support. After coming on board they conducted a 60 minute zoom call to explain the package and discover how we in Australia intend to use it. Promotional Benefits - Unlike almost every self run ticketing platform, Promotix offers a range of Promotional features that will massively increase our Event's exposure and sales.

Cons

Australian Tax Office compliance - It's not quite there yet. There are a few mandatory requirements from the ATO that are not met with the receipts generated by Promotix. Unfortunately at time of this review I have not been able to roll out this program to its fullest potential. Have requested some Dev changes and am waiting for results. But positive we will be using it on our main events very soon.

WR

Will R.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great Ticketing Management and Marketing

Overall we really enjoy working with the team at PromoTix. They've taken our feedback to heart and have even made some developments and releases on features we requested. They always get back to us quickly and are willing to train our staff when need be at no charge. No complaints.

Pros

We launched a mobile app for our venue, Venue 578 that over 3,000 people downloaded. We used to send text SMS marketing out for new show announcements, but now we do it through the app notifications and have saved a ton of money monthly. The ticketing is super easy to use, and so are the marketing features. It manages our team of 45 street team members and tracks their promotions on social media. We no longer have to collect hard ticket money from their sales since it does that automatically too through the app.

Cons

They only use Stripe for credit card processing right now. I wish there was a choice to put in your own processor. You still save though because there are no ticket service fees so it comes out cheaper anyways. Their merchandise module integrates with Shopify. I wish it integrated with Squarespace as well.

AA

Andre A.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Great Value, could benefit from some improvements

Pros

Cost, relatively easy to use and setup, lots of options

Cons

Could have better customization options for event's page

SA

Stephanie A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Love program

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Looks professional

Cons

Struggling with accepting payments, prevented our sales

UE

Umay E.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Easy and low cost

Pros

The system is super user friendly, fast and simple. Having the phone app makes it an amazing option for checking in people before the event.

Cons

The balances doesn't include the costs of Stripe, the platform used for the digital payments. This means the net price of the ticket sales is not actually accurate.

JG

Javier G.

Music, 1-10 employees

Saved us $42,000 in Ticketing Fees!

Amazing customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was our client success person and was there whenever you needed him. He helped get our ambassador program up and running and the ambassadors trained too. We had over 400 ambassadors on the program! PromoTix is going to crush all the other ticketing companies. There's just no way the others can compete anywhere close on the value these guys provided us.

Pros

PromoTix saved our music festival over $42,000 this year in ticketing fees. We previously used Eventbrite. We were able to raise the ticket price a bit and make that money since we used to pass it on to the attendee. The marketing features are also really robust. We were able to launch a mobile app right from the backend of the software without any developers, and their Ambassador Program drove over $400,000 in additional sales over the last couple of years. It's super user friendly, and well designed too. They just launched a virtual events platform that we plan on using to broadcast our festival this coming year in 2021 as well.

Cons

There wasn't much we didn't like about PromoTix. If I had to pick something, and think hard - they have a really beautifully designed pre-sale registration page and my only wish would be that the actual event page is redesigned one day to look more like the registration page since it looks better. Overall though, the software did everything we wanted it to and more.

SP

Sian P.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Really great product and doesn't rip the customer off

Online booking is essential for events - PromoTix is a powerful and cost effective tool.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate, and of course, the cost of using it. I like that there are 'bolt on' features such as the marketing tools, but if you don't need them, then you don't pay for them!

Cons

There is no facility to add a team. Currently, the one user is the Admin, and for scanning in attendees, you have to log in as the main user, then flick a switch on the smartphone app to switch off what your users can see. This in turn means that you as an admin, also cannot see/use the extras that have been switched off - and have to revert to you PC/Laptop to gain any insight. I have broached this subject with the PromoTix team and they tell me it will be something in the near future...

YA

Yasemin A.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Good service

Pros

The qr system to be able to give people the tickets and ensure people don’t re sell

Cons

There isn’t anything I wasn’t happy with on the app

HS

Holly S.

Events Services, self-employed

Early stages using PromoTix - So far, very user friendly & cost efficient

Pros

No upfront fees and moderate processing fees comparative to competing processes

Cons

Slightly labor intensive setting up and cold use a little more interim support

JS

Jessica S.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Fast, Easy Reliable

Pros

We needed a something fast, easy and reliable for set up and low cost. Also, being able to track the details of registrants was very helpful

Cons

I don’t have anything I disliked per se. It took a small amount of time to learn where to find information in the dashboard that was about it.

KM

Kristen M.

Customer focused team | Great ticketing platform

I can't express how great of a job this team does with putting the customer first. They provide quick and fast issue resolution and even work with you to adapt existing and add new features to meet your needs.

Pros

The integration process was seamless. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and team went above and beyond to ensure we had a seamless transition from Eventbrite to Promotix.

Cons

There are a few reporting metrics and capabilities that we lost when transitioning to this platform. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and team have been quick to reply and work with us to enhance and even develop new capabilities as we've needed them.

CC

Chris C.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Hidden Gem

From launching a new Security Industries Chamber network to national virtual networking events, business conventions, and more, having a consistent ticketing system makes a huge difference in our customer experience.

Pros

With almost every webinar platform basing their costs on the tickets sold through their systems, having our own ticketing system saves us tons of cash in dealing with webinar platforms and their extra, hidden add-on cost programs. It also provides us with a consistent ticketing system that encourages our own affiliate model with their hordes of volunteers and a mobile app to drive traffic through.

Cons

When we bought it we thought we'd be able to make free apps with each event, something that would help us with our promotions via CPI marketing campaigns. When that didn't work out because only the first one was included in our package, it kinda through our plans for the year in a bit of a tizzy. The first app is great, and very, much appreciated, but it's quite different from having an app for each event.

CL

Christina L.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Everyone needs to use this product!

I am overall happy with the experience. The customer contact team goes above and beyond to help me and I have little to no wait time.

Pros

Integration was very easy when we transferred our ticket outlet. The team was extremely supportive and able to iron out any kinks we encountered quickly.

Cons

We assisted in the rollout of this product, so there were items that we didn't have at first. The PromoTix team took note and adjusted to fit the needs of the customer as they developed.

Thanks so much for the great review Christina. We appreciate your business and feedback!

MP

Mike P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Very Good Software

Few issues that I was helped with by promotix

Pros

The price of the service and the Fairly easy use

Cons

A bit complicated to use at first for scheduling

TW

Tiffany W.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Very helpful & user friendly for administration!

I'd rate it a 10/10!

Pros

The features that are most helpful are the ticket sales, and the details of them provided!

Cons

I think something that could be improved in PromoTix is possibly updated software & fonts so it's more aesthetically pleasing

GV

Gabriel V.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Life saving for a small events company!

Pros

I was so intimidated initially in choosing a ticketing platform for our small business. But PromoTix has absolutely swept us away. They were so incredibly easy to use and straightforward in setting up everything, and we couldn’t be more grateful.

Cons

To be completely honest there isn’t much that I can put here. I think the only small thing I have to say is putting their/Stripes credit processing fee more clearly when people are signing up just so they know one thousand percent what to expect. but this is one very small nit pick.

Sm

Sian m.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Fantastic site!

Simple, quick, easy and fun!

Pros

PromoTix is easy to use, lovely to look at and straight to the point.I was able to set up my event easily and share the event and people are able to get their tickets easy.I really like the fact I can check people into the even manually or by scanning their tickets. Fantastic.

Cons

There are a few of us in charge of this event, and we have to use one login between us. Multiple log in for one event would be useful, but otherwise I have no problems at all.

DB

Doyce B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Perfect streetream software for online tracking and sales

I have used several ticket selling platforms and this one compares to all of them .very user friendly

Pros

It posts to all the platforms easily with the prewritten task strategy

Cons

Not enough space to write and copy to send to IG and Twitter. . Always had to continue on those platforms. Would be nice to dobitnall on one take and send.

JC

Jami C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

I shopped around and this is by far the best value I could find

They haven been responsive and helpful in every way.

Pros

Tracking attendees at our events is important to their success. PromoTix allows us to plan events through their robust platform and then manage and understand who is attending.

Cons

I have not found anything that I would improve on at this time.

BM

Bellza M.

Music, self-employed

Really great low cost platform

Pros

Promotix is unbelievably cheaper than alternative platforms such as Eventbrite which took 40% of our last event!

Cons

The layout of the page where events are created was initially quite confusing but not too bad.

SH

Sarah H.

Easy to Use!

Overall, PromoTix was exactly what I was looking for.

Pros

I found PromoTix doing a quick Google search after the event management site I previously used tried to charge me (after I went through the trouble of setting up my event and tried to publish). I create one ticketed event a year for my small business' holiday party and don't have the budget to pay for use. PromoTix was fact and easy to set up and use for my event.

Cons

My event is something we do annually and it would be nice to add pictures from previous years on the registration page.

AC

Aaron C.

First time user and I LOVE it over Eventbrite so far

Pros

I like the layout for creating a new event. It is very simple and easy to fill out everything needed.

Cons

I didn't love that they use Stripe. It's another account to add to the repertoire, but considering the cost savings, I did it anyway.

Internet, 1-10 employees

A great out of the box solution with rapid deployment

I was able to research the product, sign up and get my first event onsale within 15 minutes, all on a mobile device.

Pros

Very easy to understand, quick to setup with many powerful features as standard. Setting up price points, inventory and guest lists were a breeze.Nice integration with StripeSimple to integrate with an existing website

Cons

You could argue that the interface design is a little old fashioned. It would be nice to have more customisation options so you can tweak the design.

MM

Matthew M.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Alluvion and Promotix

It's been great!

Pros

It's ease of use on the customers end. Most all of our ticket buyers commented on how smooth it was.

Cons

The fees. Gross vs net sales have to be accounted for on our end, and our ticket buyers also absorb their own fees.

JP

John P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

So Easy!

Pros

What I liked most about this software was how easy it was to set up. The set up process was very quick and was prompted through the whole process.

Cons

I have yet to encounter any negative experiences with this software.