Seismic Logo

Seismic

Powerful enablement for your sales and marketing teams

Seismic Reviews - Page 2

JK

Joe K.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

All-In-One Information, Content, and Knowledge Base

Seismic is like the Swiss Army Knife of LCMS tools for sales enablement. We are getting information distributed to as many people as possible as efficiently as possible, with control over who can see what. The LiveSend features make customer interactions much more straightforward while also adding helpful analytics to deals. It's effortless to find the information you need if you know that everything "lives" in Seismic.

Pros

Fantastic tool! Seismic's multi-layered architecture is what makes it so awesome. It manages documents and allows you to create a simple website creation to collect & present data, and has interactive features to connect with clients. As far as information centers and content management tools go, you can't do much better than Seismic. Some enterprises may be able to run all their systems on the Seismic platform alone. I strongly recommend Seismic to any sales enablement organization.

Cons

I only have minor quibbles: The Micro-App functionality is still somewhat limited, and the search engine could use a tad more fine-tuning.

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Sales Enablement Made Easy

We have had an overall great experience with Seismic. We have bi-weekly calls with our customer success manager who helps us understand different features and answer any questions.

Pros

Seismic makes it easy for B2B Sales employees to review internal and external content for buyers, during all stages of the buying/selling process. Seismic is able to store documents, videos, create pages, and target many business units at once.

Cons

If there was one thing I could change about Seismic it would be the ability to better track usage and logins. This would make it so we could drive adoption to business units that do not use the tool.

LS

Lynne S.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Personal customer success is the difference

I have used Seismic at my last company and brought the platform to my current company. The customer success is the differentiation. In my experience the CSM team is kind, knowledgeable, supportive and the ultimate partners to their customers. They go above and beyond to ensure their customers are happy and successful.

Pros

I love Seismic! It is easy to implement, continuously update and use daily.

Cons

Some limitations on newscenter, landing page, integrations, highlight, etc. Team is open for feedback and continuously adds things to the roadmap.

Lynne, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review! We are thrilled you are getting so much value out of our platform. We are constantly working to improve our product for our customers, so your feedback will always be valuable to us. Looking forward to partnering with you throughout 2020 and beyond! Best, The Seismic Team

AM

Austin M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Seismic allows our sales team to make more informed decisions by understanding customer behavior

We we're using another sales enablement tool previously, but Seismic has really been a game changer for the way our sales reps engage with our practitioners. The LiveSend and ability to utilize analytics helps us understand which content is most valuable, and what content is most engaging for our practitioners to close more sales. In turn, this visibility gives us more insight for marketing when developing our sales collateral to ensure alignment between science, marketing, and sales on product messaging. In addition, the Seismic support team has been awesome, they are readily accessible and able to handle all of our technical concerns. I'd highly recommend Seismic if you're looking to take your sales force to the next level.

Pros

Seismic has awesome reporting for us to see what is working or not working. I also love the LiveSend feature which enables our sales reps to have a stronger understanding of our doctor's behaviors, not to mention drives sales. The software is easy to use, and allows our marketing team to learn which product literature is most effective and impactful. This tool strengthens the alignment between sales and marketing.

Cons

We've been running into some uploading issues, and experience minor bugs here and there. Usually software updates resolve most of these, but we run into these issues periodically.

CV

Cori V.

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Using Seismic helped streamline our Marketing Repository

My experience with Seismic from start to finish has been great. When we began the process in 2017 it was a bit challenging, but with the new Content Manager and new operating system changes it is much more user friendly and very intuitive. I cannot say enough good things about it now.

Pros

I love Seismic! Seismic DocCenter helped us streamline our companies Marketing repository so that the whole company, many brands and levels of access could access the content that was relevant to them. I also love WorkSpace for storage and collaboration & we're beginning to innovate with all of the LiveDoc functionality.

Cons

We need more levels of access. An easy way to assign an Admin, and levels below that to help manage content.

Henry L.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Seismic for Sales

Pros

Seismic offers an unparalleled mobile experience, content engagement analytics and information security

Cons

Currently there is no way to measure mobile app downloads across their user base. The mobile app is one of our favorite features of Seismic. Our company has field reps across the globe who are going into customer locations for meetings and presentations. The functionality of mobile aligns perfectly with the daily life of our sellers and we want to use mobile as a "beachhead" to drive higher adoption of Seismic. The problem is that we have no way of knowing today who has downloaded the app and who has not. Therefore, we cannot hold our sellers accountable for missing push notifications and cannot identify regions with low adoption. Seismic mobile is a fantastic tool, but lacks the insight necessary to drive usage.

RB

Russell B.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Single Source of Truth for Sales Material

Seismic has all but eliminated the issues of having too many sources for sales material, out-of-date sales material, and how long it would take to create your own sales material. The tool allows me to have all of these resources in one place, have confidence it's all current and accurate, and it can easily be personalized through in-application workflows.

Pros

Seismic has quickly become the single source of truth for our sales material, allowing us to easily send out informative, accurate, and personalized content to prospects and customers. I really enjoy the WorkSpace feature which allows me to have a personalized view of the content I use the most, and to host documents that are then not made available to a wider audience. Additionally, the LiveSend feature has provided immense benefits by allowing me to see views metrics on the content I send out.

Cons

While working on some of the larger content that we personalize, the platform takes longer to respond. It's understandable in that we're dealing with hundreds of slides, and solution is working to create a slide deck or pdf with them.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Friendly, Helpful Staff; Ultimately Not the Right Tool For Our Business Use Case

We're a small proposals team that is part of a larger sales operations team. We use Seismic to general product-specific proposals for our salespeople to present to customers as part of our larger response to customer RFPs. My understanding is that there is much more functionality available in Seismic, but all we need it for is proposal generation.

Pros

The Seismic staff we worked with were always friendly and helpful.

Cons

It has been very difficult for us to edit/update the LiveDoc content, and being able to do that is essential to our work. Seismic is in the process of finding a solution for us, but they haven't delivered one yet.

JB

Jenny B.

Mining & Metals, 201-500 employees

A structured approach to sustain ongoing learning and maintain peak-level support.

Seismic has brought an unparalleled level of smoothness to our training processes, providing quick solutions to the challenges we encounter. This, in turn, has led to performance improvements and heightened operational efficiency.

Pros

The seamless setup and configuration of Seismic's features have significantly enhanced our capacity to boost the efficiency of all team members. I particularly appreciate how Seismic facilitates ongoing feedback exchange among team members, fostering a perpetual sense of readiness. This collaborative effort transcends limitations and promotes the dissemination of knowledge. It's truly remarkable that we've been able to create and deliver advanced, distinctive training content, all thanks to the robust features Seismic offers, ensuring the continuous evaluation of our operations.

Cons

I encountered no difficulties with Seismic; it seamlessly integrates into our core system, enabling us to execute tasks with ease.

Jackie R.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Impactful Enablement & Content Management System

With Seismic, are reps now have access to the latest materials to stay on-brand and on-message, get fast answers to their questions and a single source of truth across the company for the "blessed" version of close to 1,000 assets we maintain.

Pros

Seismic has become our one stop shop for all of our customer-facing teams to access the content, sales tools, and company news they need. It's easy to upload, organize, maintain and send out new content, with lots of functionality that makes the lives of our sales teams easier like customizable decks and documents. The design, user interface and analytics are the some of the things we like most along with some of the best customer service we've seen across any software company.

Cons

Integration with Google Suite can be improved (mostly around Google Slides + customized presentations within Seismic) but overall hasn't impacted us much.

Jackie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! We are happy to hear that you are seeing such great value in our content management functionality. Your feedback is imperative as we continue to improve our platform to meet customer needs. Looking forward to partnering with you in 2020 and beyond!

AJ

Andrew J.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Seismic for a new Outside Seller

Overall Seismic has allowed me to more readily consume internal facing content and share external content more effectively. It enables greater insight into how my customers interact with what I'm sharing.

Pros

The feature that differentiates Seismic from other internal document databases is the "LiveSend" function. You're able to track usage by time and section of documents that you send to your customers. This helps to refine and focus your sales messaging and check whether your materials are actually being used. Very helpful as an outside seller.

Cons

The search engine can sometimes be finicky and make it difficult to find what you're looking for. My internal Sales Enablement organization has been internally organizing the documents which makes it quite a bit easier.

LS

Louis S.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Seismic Day to Day usage

certainly satisfied with Seismic as a platform partner we use here at the company.

Pros

Being able to store all of our documentation in one location is essential. able to see which is latest files uploaded. as well as being able to see their usage across the company. another key feature we use is LiveSend and LiveInsights being able to track important documentation we send along to customers and track their open rates and time spent.

Cons

there are no items that come to mind, the purpose functionality works and the ease of use is high.

Ray B.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Seismic- Use it Everyday

It is a great concept that every business should have. A one stop shop for everything you need to do your job!

Pros

Currently it is integrated with our Salesforce application and works smoothly through there or as a standalone. I use this everyday for my own reference as well as finding materials for clients. There are features that allow you to see when the documents were last uploaded to ensure you have an updated version as well as see if certain information is confidential. It has helped me grow in my current role and is my go to for everything product related! I describe it as the internet for my company, it has everything I need in one place.

Cons

The search feature is difficult at times and doesn't always bring up the most relevant information that I am looking for. Occasionally documents that others can access; I cannot access.

LH

Lindsey H.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Seismic Instrumental as a Single Source of Truth

The Inspirage Marketing team implemented Seismic primarily to house our case studies. We were dealing with a large amount of single case study slides that had to be individually updated and maintained. When we stumbled across this platform, we were very excited. Being able to maintain a single data source for all of our case studies that was easy to update was a game changer. We ended up creating a...

Pros

The Marketing team loves how easy Seismic is to use and updates. We love having a single source of truth for all our Marketing materials and we love being able to easily update our LiveDocs with one single data source.

Cons

Honestly, our team really loves this product. We're sad that there isn't an Oracle Sales Cloud (our CRM) integration into Seismic although we've heard that it is in the works. We see the new SalesForce integrations and get quite jealous.

AY

Ashley Y.

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Constantly evolving the product!

Overall, our company is very happy with Seismic. Where we see weaknesses, our Customer Success team has been able to identify solutions within the platform. When possible, they'll set up demos or put us in touch with a team who can help implement.

Pros

Our experience with the Customer Success team has been like no other - they are attentive, proactive, and positive. We are constantly hearing about improvements they are making to the platform and how those changes would directly impact our business.

Cons

Based on the way the platform was initially integrated into our company, we are finding it hard to make an overhaul to the sellers' view. Since the algorithms take tagging and content properties into account, it's much harder to reorganize the folder hierarchy.

MJ

Meagan J.

Human Resources, 10,001+ employees

Seismic Makes Work Easier

Seismic allows me to collaborate with partners so much easier. Now that we're all virtual with the pandemic, this is so important and Seismic really delivered! I also love how I can keep myself organized with the use of the WorkBooks in Seismic.

Pros

I love the search feature. My company pushes out a lot of great content and collateral to share with prospects and I can search a key word and everything that relates to that will generate. You can also filter internal/external documents, which makes it so easy to know that I'm in compliance with company policy

Cons

I love the data that comes with the Live Send feature but I would love to see some improvements with how it looks in the email when you send the collateral to a client/prospect.

Cindy P.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Centralized Go To for Sales People

Pros

Seismic is a one-stop shop for all of my collateral, training materials, internal resources. It's very user friendly and easy to share information with teammates.

Cons

At this point, I can't think of anything. I was unhappy that I coudln't easily access favorites or recently view docs, but they have made a recent update that has solved that problem.

RM

Ryan M.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Seismic took enablement in our organization to the next level

Pros

Seismic makes content governance and organization extremely easy with intuitive controls to ensure the entire organization is aligned. Seismic is flexible enough to conform to existing processes in the organization, such as approval chains and asset owners but also adds to traditional enablement management with features like content tracking, insights, predictive content, custom asset creation, and more.

Cons

LiveDoc creation and editing is not compatible with MacOS.

KL

Kevin L.

Industrial Automation, 10,001+ employees

Seismic is a great tool for tracking down sales materials!

As a relatively new employee, Seismic is a lifesaver when it comes to finding material and training myself on our extensive product offering. I wish I had known something like this existed because my previous employer could definitely use it!

Pros

Seismic is very easy to use and has been adopted widely by our company. As part of our sales team, I use Seismic daily to locate marketing/sales materials that can easily be shared with our customers and distributor partners. I also love the using the NewsCenter to find keep an eye out for relevant company announcements that might impact my customers. Finally the WorkSpace is a great way to share files and collaborate with others instead of sending attachments back and forth via email.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I would improve about Seismic. It meets all my needs.

JS

Jon S.

Human Resources, 10,001+ employees

Awesome features and easy to use

Pros

We use Seismic as a centralized repository for many company documents spanning a variety of different areas of our business. They layout is great and easy to use and navigate through. There is more functionality available that I personally don't take enough advantage of, such as Live Send and Meeting Space. As a sales leader, I share relevant items in my team's shared Workspace, categorized by topic in different folders. We always are up to date with changes to any of the documents as we're notified if the content has been updated. Seismic has been a great tool for myself and my team to stay connected and up to date with the latest news/documents/decks/policies and so much more from our company and peers.

Cons

I don't have very many cons with Seismic. I wish the search functionality was a little better so it was easier to find what you're looking for. However, I believe some of that is on us to put better tags on documents.

TT

Taylor T.

Computer Hardware, 10,001+ employees

We Love Seismic

Overall we have been able to save our sales people time by having a one stop shop for any data or assets they need. The sales force loves the mobile app because they can share information while they're in the field and on the go.

Pros

Easy to use and great resource for housing all sales content in one place

Cons

Difficult to customize articles because of the limited widgets available.

DW

Duane W.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

A fantastic tool for empowering the organization with shared resources and improve accessibility

Pros

SEISMIC is incredibly simple to use. It is very easy to navigate. Simple search terms can be used when looking for different resources. The platform can be integrated into existing portals. It has been invaluable in empowering not only the sales team but developers and other members of the IT team within the organization. The tool is as effective as the information that is uploaded. However, once managed properly, it makes tracking changes and following up on new developments such an easy task.

Cons

If I am being honest, I really have never had any real issue with using the platform as it has improved over time. Searching is easy, results are well organized. Initially navigating between the results, accessing documents and going back to the results may not have been very seamless. However, all that has now significantly approved. Again I will say the tool is as powerful as what is uploaded, categorized and made sharable.

Missi C.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,001+ employees

Clean Repository with Data Insights

Overall we're happy with the platform. Marketing and Sales are having more conversations and content is being used. The platform adoption data has been critical with sharing with business leads so our conversations are informed about what's working and who is using.

Pros

The content library and bulk upload allows us to keep our sales enablement content clean, tagged and current. The integration with Salesforce and Outlook was simple to set up and deploy.

Cons

Without having a highly-technical dedicated internal resource, deployment and setup took a lot longer than we would've liked. Also, we weren't given an "ideal state" checklist so we didn't know what features and components were necessary to exist. The community is extensive and the knowledge base is very in-depth but it was difficult to navigate.

Briana M.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Increased content distribution by 90% in one month

Overall the tool is intuitive and the learning curve is very shallow. Team enablement took little to no time, and understanding the back-end was extremely simple. We are always looking for different and creative ways to leverage the tool, so I am excited that the new Seismic University program has just been rolled out.

Pros

Streamlines the lines of communication between Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to ensure everyone knows where to access any piece of content at any time. No more guessing or messaging across 10 different group chats to locate a case study, battle card or blog post.

Cons

The lack of integration with Salesforce is frustrating, particularly for measuring ROI. Being able to see which pieces of content have impacted which opportunities is critical for supporting Marketing in content creation resources, as well as justifying the value of the tool for the overall organization (as this is used across multiple departments).

RW

Rachel W.

Investment Management, 11-50 employees

Efficiency at Quarter-End

Seismic completely streamlined our quarter-end and collateral production process. With all of our pieces now automated we are able to ensure consistent and quality data throughout our material. It has saved us countless hours of manually inputting data and double checking the work. We love that our sales team has one true source for their material now, rather than relying on the disorganized Shared drive. We have thoroughly enjoyed implementing it on all fronts of our business and look forward to how we can continually grow our usage of Seismic.

Pros

I love that Seismic integrates into easy to use tools such as PowerPoint and Word. It allows for virtually any user to become well versed in Seismic.

Cons

I wish that there where more reliable delivery options for our sales team. It seems as though bugs with the Outlook plugin are still being resolved.