Semrush Reviews

Semrush

SaaS solution for online content marketing

Semrush

1,189 reviews

One of the Best SEO Softwares

I use SEMrush on almost a daily basis as an SEO professional at an agency. It's keyword research tool is a good competitor to Moz's keyword explorer. The API is super flexible, so you can integrate a lot of the reports into things like Google Sheets. I love the domain vs domain features, where you can get common keyword reports across competitor domains. Another great feature is the SERP Features...feature. It's an invaluable tool to look for opportunities to get instant answers or other rich snippets for my clients.

Pros

Tons of data at your fingertips. Great API.

Cons

The best in the business

It helps us stay ahead of the competition in our SEO activity.

Pros

SEMRush helps us tap into the wider world of SEO and keep up with changing trends, their ever evolving toolset surprises me on a weekly basis. The simple and automated reporting is perfect for keeping an eye on storm SERPs during high change periods and the Ideas section gives us new ways to improve our own site.

Cons

The keyword scaling is a little counter-inuititve, and the customer services a little pushy at times. We were looking to upgrade from Pro to Guru, but they were insisting we pay Annually rather than monthly.

Best Keyword & Competitive Research Tool

I've always had a good experience working with SEMrush. The tools just work and uptime is solid.

Pros

This is the best tool out there for keyword research. It tells you what your site is ranking for, what competitors are ranking for and how you can bridge that gap. As an SEO Agency this is the best tool we've found for a quick site audit to show clients before a first meeting. They are always improving the software and adding new features, and usually without messing up the things everyone already appreciates.

Cons

It's costly, but worth it if you use it regularly. That's about the only thing that I don't like about SEMRush. There are lots of other imitators, but I haven't found anything that makes me say "Now that I have this, I don't need SEMRush".

Know Our Digital Marketing Strategies and Web Sites Analysis Via SEMrush..!!

I am using this from the Last 6 Years above its very useful for my clients' websites.

Pros

Now way Days digital present is growing so we need to get the strategy of websites so here the SEMrush will get good information about website trends and analysis.

Cons

I am using these last 6 years above its very helpful to me there is no least thing in SEMrush. If SEMrush pricing is a little low may more users can benefits.

Great, but wanting more from a team perspective.

I've been happy so far and plan on sticking around. Especially if they make it easier for my team to work together on the platform.

Pros

It is super insightful and helps me and my clients tremendously.

Cons

It is an absolute pain to collaborate with my own team on projects. We have several clients on the platform and each time we need to add a new one it is hard, expensive, and time-consuming to make sure everyone on the team has access to manage it.

Hi Justin, thank you so much for your review! We will consider your feedback on the team workflow within the suite, your feedback is appreciated!

Great website optimization tool

It's been very helpful to produce SEO/keyword reports to show clients where we need to be and what is happening across their industry when it comes to search engines.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and has a plethora of industry information to optimize your website. Whether you are launching a new website/business or want to improve an existing one, SEMrush will give you insight to improve web performance, presence and drive valuable traffic.

Cons

Wish more SEO audits were included in our plan :). I think we get 5 or 6 with or current package. Which is OK because once we produce a report and the project is complete, we can delete and save the PDF archives.

Semrush, the best SEO/SEM tool for web analytics

It's been 4 years since I used Semrush as an analysis tool for websites, measuring the CPC of a campaign, as well as understanding the project structure of each of my clients and personal projects. Unlike its competitors, Semrush is quite affordable and represents benefits for large and small online projects, even from the free version

Pros

SEMrush allows you to do complete searches of keywords, study the competition, find links easily to your website, indexing status, and many other things. Minimalist platform and understandable at first sight Real statistics, very accurate and that can be compared with other professional software such as Webmaster Tools or Google Analytics

Cons

Does not have direct connection to other similar tools to compare statistics and improve results Social metrics are weak and the Audit Tool can be better

SEMrush Review

Amazing. I can't imagine anything else. It is the best SEO/marketing tool that I have ever used, and helped increase website traffic & rankings quickly by following it's suggestions. I highly, highly recommend.

Pros

Almost everything. SEMrush gives you every single tool you could possibly need to improve your SEO rankings and performance of your website.

Cons

I loved using SEMrush, only con there is to it, to fully understand all of its capabilities, takes some training either from their self-guided classes or by a customer service rep.

Hey Tyler, thank you so much for your feedback and the great review!

Tools every marketer needs

We have enjoyed using SEMRush and our efforts have benefited tremendously.

Pros

I have access to the data I need SLL in one place. It presents it in a very usable format and easy to dig deeper when needed. We have also used the social media tools which have been great.

Cons

The organization of tools can be a bit of a learning curve.

Hi Stuart, thank you so much for your review! Your feedback is very appreciated.

Use semrush as a barometer for my work

I have control over the keywords I give to my partner running google ads

Pros

It helps me know SEO and also how the opponent is doing

Cons

It takes my instructor to know how to use it

Hi Cong Vien, thank you for your review! Great to know you use our tools and enjoy them! Be sure to check our Knowledge Base for detailed information on the tool and functionalities :)

Use this tool everyday!

Great tool that our agency uses everyday without fail!

Pros

Extremely useful for SEO purposes - ability to check on rankings, link building, social media, site audits etc. Can also share read only access with clients. Email support is pretty quick too.

Cons

Very expensive and find that you can run out of keywords to track quite easily (with a hefty price increase for more). Search volume not entirely accurate either.

The only all in one toolkit!

My overall experience has been wonderful. It has made managing my social media easier.

Pros

I like the analytics software subscriptions that they sell. You really do get the best for your money. It has a lot of features that I like as well such as but not limited to social media poster, social media tracker, content audit and lead generation tool. One of the main things that I like about this is how easy it is to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like. They offer the best that money can buy. There's not a bad thing about it.

Best SEO web software on the market

You crush competitors when doing SEO using SEMrush as your instrument of choice.

Pros

Has a large database, great support, awesome exports, and (a bit off topic) hosts #semrushchat - a weekly tweetchat to get up to speed in the industry and on how best to use SEMrush.

Cons

It's spendy, and the tiers do not offer much more value, except for maybe the one thing you want that cannot be justified to your superior when looking to increase tool spend.

A fantastic digital marketing analytics platform

I have been able to fix a large number of underlying SEO-related issues on our site while also learning more about opportunities to continue gaining progress. It's a great experience.

Pros

I love the fact that you can sync with Google Analytics & GSC so that it gives you insight not only based on their own index of your site and all sites on the internet, but it's based on the reality of your traffic and search exposure.

Cons

The AI can be a little misleading as you will sometimes think you have tons of issues with your site when many of them will be smaller and not a priority, but if you learn to prioritize you will find SEMRush very useful.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Ian! We are happy you enjoy using our tools!

A must have tool for monitoring and improving organic traffic

It's a great tool with excellent support and lots of available training. It is extremely powerful and provides insights into multiple methods of increasing organic traffic and improving search engine results.

Pros

The number of options available to track keywords, do keyword research and discover insights into content performance.

Cons

So many features and options, it sometimes feels like I'm not getting the complete benefit that I should be.

Semrush, easy to use, yet powerful.

Pros

Semrush is a very easy Seo solution that suits each and every needs I may have in my day to day routine. I use it to track my keywords and my competitors', and also check how my websites behave in the Serps.

Cons

Semrush has its flaws, but they're few. The datas are not really accurate, regarding the natural trafic, and some variations don't reflect the reality. But, no tools whatsoever is 100% accurate.

Excellent Resource

Customer service and tech support very helpful

Pros

Multi faceted software. Perfect for seo

Cons

Need tutorial to see all options. Overwhelming in the beginning until a brief tutorial and YouTube video

So Many Insights

Sometimes knowing where to start is overwhelming. The different tools of SEMrush help provided guidance and gave us insights for areas to focus on first that could potentially have the most impact.

Pros

SEMrush gives you competitive insights across a variety of channels - organic search, PPC, social - of where your competitors are performing the strongest. You can then use these insights and other tools within SEMrush to set as strategic direction and best focus your resources.

Cons

It takes a little time on the platform to best understand where to go, how to get the actionable insights you want. It's almost a drawback of having too much data. But after this initial hurdle, it becomes quite the valuable resource.

Essential SEO Tool for Bloggers

It is a great experience with SEMrush as I have ranked my site for a lot of keywords without any link building.

Pros

Keyword research is the best part of SEMrush. You will come to know for which keyword you can rank for easily as keyword difficulty is almost accurate and gives you a hint for which keyword you should go for.

Cons

There should be a side by side comparison of the web page, not just the entire site so that user can compare its page with top-ranked pages for a particular keyword. This will help users to identify what is wrong with there pages.

You can't be a digital marketer without SEMrush.

I believe keyword research is it's best use.

Pros

This is the most comprehensive SEO tool on the market. Digital Marketing tools usually focus on a specific aspect of digital marketing like link building, content, technical. However, SEMrush is pretty good at just about everything. Most agencies will use several tools, but if I had to pick just one it would be SEMrush. Even though it's comprehensive, I think it's best use case is keyword research. I find it to be the most accurate and reliable.

Cons

It can't be perfect all the time. I still double check with Google's Keyword Planner to get my final search volume counts. I find it that SEMrush sometimes overlooks valuable long tail terms.

Great at the price

Pros

This is as complete an SEO solution you can get for Enterprise without investing an additional $30-40k. It covers all the basis you need and can power a website all the way to multi-millions in revenue.

Cons

The cost of the rank tracking is quite high compared to other rank trackers. Also, the suite could be better integrated and more user friendly.

SEMrush provides me the research data I need to run my business effectively.

I've ranked better for competitive keywords. I've generated new ideas from the analysis that I've been able to perform and it has increased gross advertising revenues for some of my affiliate sites.

Pros

Love the ranking features and the ability to be able to see how I stack up amongst competitor websites. I use SEMrush regularly when it comes to keyword validation. It has made my SEO efforts that much easier using their website and detailed analysis. It is one of my favorite SEO tools and one I highly recommend.

Cons

It would be great if historical data was available at any user level. I find this to be a valuable resource for any user, so making this available at the lower membership levels should be a consideration

The largest SEO/SEM database, and fantastic PPC tools

At this point, I can't imaging running any high strategic PPC campaigns without SEMrush. If you are pretty new in this space, the SEMrush Academy is a fantastic learning and reference tool.

Pros

SEMrush's database is enormous, meaning you have a ton of data to compare yours against to make educated decisions and analysis based on your rankings and results. SEMrush also has more out-of-box third-party integrations than any other SEO tool I have used. TapClicks and Listing Management come to mind as being particularly valuable.

Cons

It definitely has a bent towards PPC. if you focus more on organic SEO, not to say it is particularly weak there, but you may be able to find tools that are better tailored to that purpose. Though, the On Page SEO Checker is a decent automated audit tool that will give some insight to high level cleanup that can be performed to help boost organic rankings a little.

A must have tool for SEO's

Love it and couldn't be as successful without it.

Pros

I have been using this tool full time since 2013 and rely on it for in depth research as well as reporting for 100+ clients. It has an easy to read dashboard which makes for great reporting to clients. The features are always being updated and SEMrush is constantly asking for feedback to make their tools better. They are known leaders in the world of SEO and have some of the best people working over there. Follow them on Twitter for great insight and industry direction.

Cons

It's a paid tool, which is why it is so great, but some clients are willing to sacrifice updated data for cost savings. I will say the backlink features are sub-par and often have outdated info.

Really useful tool for research and site optimisation

Really helpful for our Keyword research, SEO planning and management, managing our website by spotting errors or problems, and backlink checking and dis

Pros

Comprehensive set of tools for keyword research, SEO, backlink research and auditing, plus features to keep to site healthy and optimised.

Cons

It's not the cheapest and sometimes can be a little confusing with so many tools, but there is good training online.