Semrush Reviews

Semrush

SaaS solution for online content marketing

Semrush

1,189 reviews

Great website optimisation tool

Pros

Easy to use software, even for beginners. If you want to optimise your website and use the right keywords that will put you on top of every Google search, look no further. You can check competitor websites and see how they are doing keyword wise and apply what you learned from your competitors to improve optimise your page. Gives you the overview of the most searched keywords relating to your area of interest, so that you know what keywords to use in order to get on top of the searches. The software has about 20 different capabilities which you can use to optimise your website. The best part is that you can use it for free for 10 keyword searches, in this way you can see what to expect from the software.

Cons

No cons. Great software, used it for my 3 websites. Unfortunately nothing guarantees you success, it's all about luck and a bit f hard work.

Great Tool!

Managing sites from build to continual optimization through to auditing and managing links has been excellent for us.

Pros

I love that you can manage and maintain a holistic approach to an SEO Campaign through the SEMrush platform. Every aspect of the campaign is covered.

Cons

Non really a con but there is always a new features being added meaning there is something always to learn and master.

One of the most essential tools every marketer should have in their toolbox

This can be a powerful tool if you have at least a fair level of experience in digital marketing. SEMRush represents the gold standard for digital marketing research tools. We use SEMrush as a solution for monitoring SEO positioning, keyword research, and gaining insight into competitors and display ads from across our verticle.

Pros

The website audit features provide great insights into issues your website is facing. The tool enables users to conduct extensive competitor and keyword research. I like how I can monitor paid, organic, and display ads all from one place.

Cons

Reporting templates should be easier to use. It would be great if the user created reports could be resized, adjusted, and changed on the fly in an easier way, I would like more drag and drop functionality.

Very Complete but Confusing at first

It's good, but I stick with AHREF 90% for backlink building. The tool is mostly used by our content team for its keyword tools.

Pros

SEMRUSH is very complete with many features. In our company it is mostly used for keyword tracking, and I use it for it's detox link tool. AHREF does not have this and it does save me a ton of time when I do DISAVOWS. I just focus on the extremely toxic links instead of going through the entire list of links every month.

Cons

I stick more to AHREF since I am a backlink builder, and although both tools do the same, AHREF is more simple without so many additional menus and specifically for link building and nothing else. SEMRUSH just discourages me to use it with the number of menus it has, it feels I need to click more stuff to do the same as in AHREF. Since in our company we both use AHREF and SEMRUSH in our company,...

SEM Rush Review

We use SEM for competitive research, site audit, backlink audits and keyword research. SEM Rush is great tool for us.

Pros

I like the site audit features. I can quickly run a site audit that provides information for site optimizations. I also use the backlink features. Very easy to disallow negative or toxic backlinks.

Cons

The only negative I have had with SEM Rush is my own lack of training with the software. I believe our agency is only using a small part of the application. I hope to learn more about the product in the future

SEMRush

SEMRush has made it easy to create SEO reports for all our clients and it helps us manage them flawlessly. Their product is great!

Pros

SEmrush is a good way for me to manage all 50+ clients that have SEO through our agency. Keyword volume, backlink analysis, and GAP analysis work great.

Cons

The link building prospecting feels like they just made it to check a box. There isn't a whole lot of beef behind it.

Robust Exhaustive SEO & PPC

We manage all our clients SEO needs from keyword research & analytics , domain analytics, backlinks, ppc research and more in SEMRush. It's tools and insights are invaluable.

Pros

Most exhaustive set of tools for SEO management.

Cons

Because it is so exhaustive, the learning curve can be steep. It definitely takes a long time to master everything and make the best use of all you can do.

Get a good view of your online presence

We had some difficulties with organic ranking. chosing the right keywords, technical issues hidden on pages (like our productmanager using H1 tag in description), got everything pulled out thanks too semrush.

Pros

the detailed info about organic ranking. also the SEO-tool for Google Docs works like a charm. and the posting of social media/planning of the posts.

Cons

Not every option is for our country, and gives bad results. and it get's very expensive when adding extra modules/options. way too expensive in my opinion.

My "go to" SEO Tool

Pros

The site audit is every SEO's road map to success! I've been using this tool throughout my career and it's a must needed tool if you are looking to grow your site traffic on search engines.

Cons

None I can think of. It keeps me up to date with my site and our competitors.

Hi Casey, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

My Favorite Measurement Tool

I stood up the marketing department for my company, and SEMrush has been my best friend through the whole process. I used it's keyword tools to help build by content marketing strategy, and used the ranking tool to measure the effectiveness on my content with search engines. I use it to see what my competitors are doing, and to inform my ad campaigns. It's the single best investment I've made in martech for my company.

Pros

I love the rank tracking in this software. It acts as a good barometer of our content marketing efforts. I also like the competition research I'm able to do with this tool, how it measures the health of my site, and the backlink analysis it provides.

Cons

I wish the social share functionality was a bit more advanced.

My SEMrush review

I spy on my competitors keywords and links and know how best to outrank them using the SEMrush keyword research tool as this is more than just a keyword research tool.

Pros

I like the in-depth analysis o websites and also the ability to provide competitors details and data and the best possible way to outrank your competitors o search engine result pages.

Cons

I have used SEMruch for a long time now and I can say that the do not have any bad side and of course not anything I did not like but they do have a considerably high pricing.

Great tool to schedule social media posts

Pros

It's a great way of scheduling multiple social media posts, and tracking analytics. You can compare your account against competitors, in terms of activity, audience and engagement.

Cons

It would be great to be able to schedule videos to Twitter and LinkedIn

Hi Marianna, thank you for your feedback on our Social Media Toolkit! I will pass it to the dev team.

My go-to tool for SEO

Overall, it's great. I've used it in many different ways, and it delivers well.

Pros

I like the site audits, they're very helpful when taking an overview of how a site is performing with regards to technical SEO, and the corrections are detailed (eg it will tell me exactly which page has broken links, or which pages have duplicate title and h1 tags etc) The keyword magic tool is great, especially the keyword analyser where you can save keywords that are relevant and look at them all together.

Cons

It's not cheap if you're on a low budget, starting at $99 a month. There is a free option but there don't give you very much, you really need to pay for a subscription if you want to do serious SEO.

My go to software for kw digging.

It was quite amazing. With my last agency by using their tools and another few tweaks helps me to land a few clients.

Pros

I mostly use this tool for kw finding and getting more updated SERP results. There keyword grouping system is quite amazing.

Cons

I used almost all of there features. I like them quite well. Honestly, nothing bad yet caught my eye. But I would like to see more backlink database.

Hi, thank you for the great review! It is very mice to hear you used all the features and enjoy them all!

Essential for search engine marketing

Very good. It's become a standard tool in search engine marketing.

Pros

The easy set up of rank monitoring really helps flag issues and makes for easy reporting, and the competitive analysis tools are really useful.

Cons

Data for some markets isn't updated often enough.

Hi Mark, thank you so much for the review! Very happy to hear you enjoy SEMrush's competitive analysis tools!

Great for SEOs

I great product overall! It does a great job at providing data in a clean and simple way. I would highly recommend to any SEOs out there!

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use and provides a plethora of data. It also me to see how my clients' websites are performing in terms of visibility, site health, and more. There are even features to see how your competitors are doing as well as the ability to do keyword research.

Cons

I have to change the date range every time I go to a new screen. SEMrush defaults to a specific range. For example, in the visibility report, it defaults to the last 7 days, when I typically look at the last month's data. I wish the date I set would stick from one screen to the next instead of having to update the date range every time. Also I wish there were more logins for the price that's being paid. Only one person can log in at a time.

The one tool

Pros

I was asked in a job interview which single SEO tool I would use if I had to pick one. I said SEMrush. It does many things you need everyday as an SEO, some very well, some not industry leading, but as a collection this suite is the best on the web.

Cons

Some of the link intel functions don’t offer all the filters I need.

An all-round great tool for SEO

SEMrush has helped us understand where we can improve on our on-page SEO, find new backlinks and rank among our competitors to find new backlinks and domains. It's been an essential tool, especially the SEMrush Academy courses.

Pros

Vast, in-depth analytics and helpful tips on how to get the most from our site.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little bit tricky remembering where everything is (which tool to find or report etc)

Hi, Sam! Thanks so much for leaving us the review. We are extremely happy to hear that the tips are helpful and your overall experience is positive!

Probably my favorite

I've used SEM Rush a few times during my career - when working at a startup, it was our primary SEO tool for a year. Then again as a freelancer, when I was rebuilding a website for a small business client. It was incredibly helpful for researching competitors and identifying keywords I wanted to focus on. The client was thrilled with the end result and absolutely saw an increase in web traffic, calls, and business.

Pros

The domain analytics are incredibly useful, especially when I was planning a website for a small business freelance client. I like that the tool is a bit of a jack of all trades - that's really what I need in most cases. It has a solid social media component as well.

Cons

It can be hard to justify the cost if I only use it for my freelance work, which is intermittent. When I'm in a rush with keyword research, I did find myself jumping over to a different tool for the down and dirty quick searches.

SEMrush is a must have for content writers

Overall, SEMrush is an essential tool for me. I need it to help me write the best content I can so it can do well once it's published.

Pros

What I like most about SEMrush is their google doc extension that helps me incorporate SEO directly into my content as I'm writing.

Cons

Sometimes the dashboard on the SEMrush site can be a little confusing to navigate at first. Especially if you are new to SEO like I was.

We're so happy you're enjoying the suite & especially the SEO Writing Assistant, Kimber! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Great Keyword Index

Overall I am quite satisfied with my Experience with SEMrush. They are constantly innovating their product and continue to invest in their product.

Pros

SEMRush is a great tool and has by far the best Keyword Index on the market. Whether it be the breadth of data or the depth of the data - SEMRush is by far superior to any of its competitors on this front.

Cons

It can take quite a bit of time to become familiar with the platform. Although the functionality is great, it is not the most intuitive platform to use.

Critical data that turns into results

Really happy with Semrush, besides the contact improvements it comes with a great online community and friendly staff. Value you get out of this tool is evident.

Pros

The organization of all the data per chapters and tabs make for a holistic overview of all things measurable online in a way that inspires to take action!

Cons

Without experience bit of a learning curve if you want to connect and use Google data studio to make a custom dashboard for clients

Semrush is god for website owner

Pros

it provides a lot of information about our competitor website. it gives all the pros and technical issue related to our website, so this is an awesome product for the owner.

Cons

it has paid feature which has a lot of features so we have to purchase the semrush to use the full feature. it's costly for new startup owners.

Outstanding Product!

The SEMrush team is responsive and very helpful anytime I've had an issue, and we're thrilled to be able to customize reports and get them sent automatically. Highly recommend!

Pros

SEMrush is super easy to use and navigate, and provides a ton of great information.

Cons

Some of the add-on features are a touch pricey to add as a la carte items, but no issues otherwise.

Find competitor websites

in the end i just want to say that SEMrush is very good product and software for digital market. i would like to like to prefer to every person to use SEMrush who is working in digital marketing.

Pros

comparing other software, SEMrush find keywords to us very clearly, and in this software, a big advantage that it is very easy to use comparison to other software.

Cons

one thing i don,t like for this software that it's plans are very costly for the reasons small companies does not purchase SEMrush and use other software.