SEMrush Reviews

SEMrush

SaaS solution for online content marketing

SEMrush

1,171 reviews

One of My All-Time Favorite SEO Analytics Tools

When a fellow internet freelancer turned me on to SEMRush years ago as a free user, I was hooked. It's many years later and my experience is just as pleasant as it was on day one.

Pros

Packed with information. Easy to set up and begin using. Love the Instant reporting at my fingertips.

Cons

Absolutely no Cons when it comes to this feature-rich analytics tool.

The to go website for competition research

Pros

Great futures and updated info Great info for PPC and seo tool tips, analyze and implement changes and see the efects

Cons

The technical seo audit is not accurate, it must be redone, some futures are obsolete the ideas for gaining traffic should be rethinked as general guidelines, not copying links from your competitors.

My personal view of semrush

Pros

I like this software very much because it very easy to use. all i got some real result with in a seconds. i can easilt track my all keyword which rank or not. that's why i like most. i can track my all competitor data at once. i use lot of software like seo powersuite is good but not to very friendly. i test my client site in seversl software but i can not get correct resualt in Techallnews Inc.

Cons

they need to regular update their database. otherwise all ok.

The Best SEO Tool

Pros

SEMRush is everything you need for SEO in one place. It has all the tools that you need to keep track of your important SEO metrics and analyze your recent efforts. The site audit tool is one of my favourites. It has helped me discover a ton of issues with my website that I didn't previously know about.

Cons

Integrating SEMRush is a bit troublesome if you're not the owner of your domain on Google Search Console (say, the CEO is). It can be a bit of a pain to have to contact that person in order to get them to add the SEMRush Gmail account to it. The user interface is also a bit clunky but not the worst by any means.

Essential for SEO

Easy to manage, monitor and report on multiple SEO projects.

Pros

I love the level of insight SEMRush gives in to SEO campaigns, such as - rank tracking, backlinks, competitors, as well as advertising insights.

Cons

Because there's so much functionality, it's sometimes difficult to navigate the product/find what you're looking for.

The Best Software on the Market

I like this softwere and I thing that everybody that want to grown in SEO must use it.

Pros

It is the most complete software, in one suite you can find all you need to grown on the google search both organically and with campaign.

Cons

It is a bit complicated to use, and sometimes the error that it nitify are not completely real.

Powerful content marketing platforms with many functionalities

Pros

Keyword research is fantastic. I like position tracking for our domain and our competitors - that's simple. Also, started loving the SEO content templates.

Cons

It's expensive for people who're starting out, although their free plan is generous. The UI can be improved as there are too many things to navigate around to.

Access To Valuable Data

I like SEMRush and will continue to use it. It's definitely more expensive than others, but you get a lot for your money. It's SEO software for the big boys!

Pros

I like that SEMrush can help me easily and quickly get a snapshot of a website. It helped identify issues and problems at a higher level and offers the ability to drill down on that info. It took some time to learn, but there is a wealth of tools with the subscription. The ability to do audits is helpful.

Cons

It takes awhile to figure out all the option and things the subscription can do.

Great Tools To Supplement Your SEO Campaign Management

I have enjoyed using SEMrush and plan on continuing to do so

Pros

My favorite features are the SEO Writing Assistant, SEO Content Template and Traffic Trends.

Cons

The Guru Subscription is expensive at $199/mo unless you are utilizing for at least 5 - 10 clients

Hi Jon, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Great Features w/ several ways to improve your SEO

Just use it for free until it no longer can keep up with you...then consider bumping up to paid but don't put all your chips on the accuracy of their data.

Pros

It is free to begin and it allows you to use basically all their features at a limited capacity. It provides tons of information on your SEO and how you can get better rankings for you. I thought it gave a lot of good insights.

Cons

I question how accurate the data is...I know what my paid advertising spend is and the estimate provided by SEMrush wasn't even close. I'm not sure how it acquires this info but I think it still has a way to go before it actually starts accurately predicting things like ad spend and other useful info.

This Software, in my opinion, the best in its field.

Increased relevant organic and paid search traffic.

Pros

Provides a lot of insights about businesses and your rivals, as organic and paid search keywords information. Easy keyword research tool, nice SEO templates, user-friendly dashboard and awesome domain analytics tool.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend using this software for backlinks audit. The data not up to date and not always 100% correct. Google search console and Semrush often shows different information for the same domain.

Great Tool for Analytics

Its been great! I have been able to dig deeper into the Analytics of different websites to help myself give quality information to my clients.

Pros

I love that it gives you a more in depth look into what your keywords are doing for your website. There are numerous helpful tools that help you identify the quality of back links that you are getting.

Cons

At first, this can be a little difficult to navigate. Having someone that knows the software can help you out quite a bit. Also Youtube videos.

A good supporting tool for your SEO program

SEMrush is a good auxiliary tool to have when I want to double check things I see in our main tools. However, I feel it still needs some additional refinement before it can be used as our primary SEO application.

Pros

SEMRush is fairly intuitive to use and does not require some of the more advanced customization that other tools like Botify, AHREFs, etc require. It has a pretty broad range of features, from site auditing, keyword info (both paid and organic), keyword gap analysis and competitor intelligence, backlink research, and more.

Cons

Though the tool has a very wide range of features, this is also a negative in that none of the features are its 'bread-and-butter.' It does a lot of things, but I would not say that its implementation of any of these features is anything to write home about. Additionally, the lack of customization is a plus in that it doesnt take long to get up and running, but it also does not allow for the deeper analysis that other tools do that are more integrated with your site.

SEMRush is Incredibly Robust and Should be in Your SEO Arsenal

Understanding how our website is ranking and what are the tips/tricks I can do to better improve that presence! Knowledge is power, and SEMRush definitely gives you the knowledge necessary to take action. Just be careful to not get caught in the weeds!

Pros

Where do I start? SEMRush is awesome! provides me with direct insight about not only our company's SEO progress, but also our PPC campaigns and social media tools as well (we aren't using the latter just yet, but I'm excited to give them a whirl!). The keyword analysis tool is spot-on, and I love being able to compare how we're ranking in comparison to our competitors in the blink of an eye. Another key item is the backlink tool. Being able to see the credible and non-credible sources linking to our website is vital, so then I can take action to disavow immediately.

Cons

It's definitely not for beginners - if you're new to the SEO world, I'd recommend starting with a less in-depth tool. Or just be prepared for a pretty steep learning curve and the time that goes into learning it! It's also pretty expensive, so while it provides a great amount of data and actionable insights, it can be out of reach for companies with a smaller budget.

Everything needed in all in one SEO platform

Pros

I can easily make keyword research, competitor analyses, traffic analyses in SEMrush. It provides all you need to handle SEO efforts. They constantly improve the product and come up with amazing new features! SEMrush has become an important tool for marketing initiatives.

Cons

Too many features sometimes create confusion and lead to the feeling that you're not using the product efficiently.

Hi Piril, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy our tools and use SEMrush for your business!

A seo and sem tool for spy!

Allow me to get insight about growing traffic (seo and sem), and spy competitors.

Pros

Semrush is a really good tool for seo, you can get - traffic from your competition - site evolution - analitic - keyword - backlink You can analize your site and other... and have a really good idea how they work with traffic In seo is really good, but not the best because you have amazing tools like Ahref... But i think semrush is the best in SEM data why? Is the only tool that detect my ads and low ads expense. So, at least on my experience semrush is the best acurate on data on SEM.

Cons

The pricing, is really expensive. Would be nice a tier more afordable

Search engine marketing for consulting done easy

My overall experience with SEMrush was positive. We were able to use it to get our work done.

Pros

SEMrush was able to help deliver search engine optimization for our practice quickly and efficiently so we could use their tool to fulfill on our clients need.

Cons

I least liked that SEMrush was a service that didn't provide the best documentation to marketing people who aren't tech ready.

Thank you for your feedback! We will review our help center to make it more friendly to marketers that aren't tech-savvy.

Brilliant for Improving Your Rankings

SEMrush is helping us boost our rankings and create richer, more detailed, helpful, and enticing content than ever.

Pros

As a writer, one of my favorite things about SEMrush is the semantically-related keyword suggestions, info on what other ranking pages are featuring, word count suggestions, and additional element suggestions (YouTube embeds, etc.). This helps me create deeper-dive content than ever, and we've boosted our rankings as a result.

Cons

The free version only lets you track a few keywords :). I use the free version for my personal stuff. However, I get to use the premium version with a client who's an SEO Jedi, and the opportunities it affords us both are literally boundless as we use it to work through updating and improving thousands of evergreen blog posts, and as we use it to help us create new posts too.

Great comprehensive marketing tool

Pros

Very robust tool with offerings to help you with SEO, PPC and Content Marketing.

Cons

Honestly it's pretty solid. I suppose it is a little pricier than some similar offerings, but I think you get what you pay for.

Hi Eric, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to read your feedback and know you are happy with SEMrush!

Good data, not the nicest interface, ever increasing prices

Pros

A great platform for collecting any paid or oragnic keyword data, especially historical data. Also nice for quick SEO overviews/audits.

Cons

The interface is a little dated (looks like it's straight out the mid 2000s), and the prices seem to constantly be creeping up for less and less useful features.

SEMrush - Revealing Truth in SEO

SEMrush has been a delight from start to finish. We've landed enough new business (solely because of this tool) that it is a joy to pay the monthly fee.

Pros

It's easy to use and provides key insights into an overall SEO effort. In addition, SEMrush helps guide the strategy and highlights SEO opportunities that could have easily been overlooked.

Cons

There's not much to dislike. There's a bit of a learning curve, but after only a few training sessions, our team was able to unlock most of the key features that we now use daily.

A Great tool for Digital Marketeer

great!

Pros

Very easy to use and powerful at the same time

Cons

nothing as of now. all things are good. keep the good work team

Thank you for leaving this great review, Saurav! We appreciate it & hope you continue to see some great success using our suite - Nico

Competitor Analysis Review Makes It Worth The Price

Pros

My role involves a lot of keyword research and ad copy review from competitors in the area. With SEMrush I've been able to observe more closely the competition that are bidding on certain keywords & able to review their ad copies. This helps me work a little harder to bring what makes my client's product stand out.

Cons

This is better than using Google Ad's keyword planner, so no cons here yet.

Good Tool for SEO Research

It has been great! Been using the product over two years now.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to do competitor research. Just put a domain in and get all the info you need. Simple and easy!

Cons

It can get pricy if you just want another user to check out stats occasionally. They want you to have another user.

semrush

Whenever I have a new prospect, I look for their keywords, traffic and over all proformance as I am speaking with the client.

Pros

Have used semrush for over 10 years and love it. It helps with understanding my clients needs when sell seo.

Cons

Which they had a better basic SEO audit something easier to share with prospects.