Semrush Reviews

Semrush

SaaS solution for online content marketing

Semrush

1,186 reviews

Only worth it if you're really digging into your SEO

As the point person for our company's SEO efforts, I found a lot of value in what SEMrush offers. If money is no object, SEMrush is probably the solution of choice for most businesses ready to make a serious investment in their business' SEO. As time has gone on, however, I've found myself using other, often free, tools just as often. You don't need to pay to get the lion's share of the value in this tool, so the question is more one of whether you want all the nice extras, like automated suggestions, that you won't find done as well elsewhere.

Pros

This tool has a TON of features. It's really great if you want to dig deep into many areas of SEO and want a single hub through which to do all of that work. You get automated suggestions for keywords, great link-building suggestions (including warnings about negative links), and heaps of nicely sorted data to analyze.

Cons

It's expensive. Particularly now, when offerings like Ubersuggest are putting advanced features in our hands for free, having to pay through the nose to get the full value of a solution like SEMrush is a bit of a dubious proposition.

Brings the best of all the worlds to one place.

The overall experience has been great and we will continue using semrush.

Pros

Semrush is the only tool that you would require if you are managing the SEO side of the website. This is useful for the content team, ppc teams and also seo teams which is great.

Cons

We have used some tools in the past and nothing offer more value than what semrush does so it is hard to dislike something about this.

Thank you for sharing your experience with SEMrush! We are happy you enjoy using our tools!

SEMrush provides overview for you websites

SEMrush provides the overview of our websites SEO and SEA performance. Its gives detailed information on how to get better. Yet you need to use it some time to learn how everything works and how the navigational flow is structured

Pros

It's a total package for all sorts of SEO and SEA analytics. It provides a complete overview of your own website but also from your competitors

Cons

The Social Media poster is nice to have, but lacks power and features. There are better tools out there to support this. The navigiational structure is something that for at least in the beginning is quite complex, there are so many buttons to click and to get you somewhere that its overwhelming.

Hi Jens, thank you for your review and feedback on the tools and UI! We will consider your thoughts on Social Media Poster tool - if you have a more detailed vision, please share it with us by emailing us at [email protected]!

Worth the price if you are an affiliate marketer

Pros

I like the indepth analysis of keyword research and competitor research the project part is good, having the social media poster is a big plus, makes it easier to schedule posts

Cons

I don't that they completely block a lot of features unless you get the highest plan. there should be a medium tier feature ( for example , you are use the feature once a month) , instead of completely blocking the features unless you get the higher tier plan.

SEO Analytics

Overall, it has been a good experience. I'm sure that knowing more about the software would be helpful. There is a lot of information that you could get from this software. If you are in digital marketing, this is an extremely useful tool.

Pros

This software helps with doing SEO research on our client's domains. It helps with figuring how they are doing organically with their rankings. It is extremely helpful on seeing how the clients website is doing before and after signing up with us. It also helps with finding the CPC for certain keywords of an area.

Cons

This software can be confusing to use. I only use the basic feature of finding SEO rankings, but it can be used for more information. Unfortunately, it is confusing to me.

Hi Paul, thank you very much for your review! It was really nice to read that you enjoy SEMrush tools and solve a lot of tasks with them!

Great All-Around SEO Monitoring Platform

Overall I think it's a great platform. If you have a dedicated SEO person, maybe they would get more out of this platform than I do because it covers a lot.

Pros

I really like how many different tools that SEMRush has. They cover just about everything. Sometimes it kind of seems like there is too much going on (and a lot to keep up with) but I think it's a good thing that they offer so many different things.

Cons

They nickel and dime you for everything. Even at a good monthly spend, if you want historical data they charge you for a historical add-on. The search traffic for keywords are just averages for 12 months. I know Google keyword data is guarded but SEMrush doesn't give great idea into search volume growth (other than just a small widget that shows lines of trends).

Hi Ben, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoy the versatility of our toolkit. Thank you for the feedback about our pricing -we follow industry standard models, but we'd love to connect you to our sales team if you want to discuss any additional options. Just drop us a line at [email protected]!

The to go website for competition research

Pros

Great futures and updated info Great info for PPC and seo tool tips, analyze and implement changes and see the efects

Cons

The technical seo audit is not accurate, it must be redone, some futures are obsolete the ideas for gaining traffic should be rethinked as general guidelines, not copying links from your competitors.

One of the most important SEO/SEM research tool in your arsenal

We use Semrush for content, SEO and keyword research -- at these areas it excels.

Pros

Ease of use, history feature, keyword research tools, domain keyword features.

Cons

Ever-expanding very below average tools --- their backlink index is awful, they're going into areas outside their core focus and it shows.

Essential for SEO

Easy to manage, monitor and report on multiple SEO projects.

Pros

I love the level of insight SEMRush gives in to SEO campaigns, such as - rank tracking, backlinks, competitors, as well as advertising insights.

Cons

Because there's so much functionality, it's sometimes difficult to navigate the product/find what you're looking for.

The Best SEO Tool

Pros

SEMRush is everything you need for SEO in one place. It has all the tools that you need to keep track of your important SEO metrics and analyze your recent efforts. The site audit tool is one of my favourites. It has helped me discover a ton of issues with my website that I didn't previously know about.

Cons

Integrating SEMRush is a bit troublesome if you're not the owner of your domain on Google Search Console (say, the CEO is). It can be a bit of a pain to have to contact that person in order to get them to add the SEMRush Gmail account to it. The user interface is also a bit clunky but not the worst by any means.

Powerful content marketing platforms with many functionalities

Pros

Keyword research is fantastic. I like position tracking for our domain and our competitors - that's simple. Also, started loving the SEO content templates.

Cons

It's expensive for people who're starting out, although their free plan is generous. The UI can be improved as there are too many things to navigate around to.

Couldn't be successful without it

SEM RUsh allowed us to grow our SEO business with confidence! I checked out the competitor's and I chose SEM Rush because of the better analytics and functionality.

Pros

The software covers EVERY aspect of a successful SEO campaign. There is a bit of a learning curve when initially starting with the software- but the customer service team couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful!

Cons

The learning curve! You also have to set up certain properties in several different areas (you have to connect the google analytics and search console for every tool- not terrible but a little annoying when you have multiple accounts).

Tool for Online Marketers & SEOs that continues to expand features

I use SEMRush most for keyword research, keyword tracking, and, more recently, social media posting. I work alone as an SEO and Online Marketer, and this one tool provides a lot of benefit. I appreciate how they continue to add features to my existing subscription. Although it's an investment, I feel like I keep getting more for more my money rather than less.

Pros

SEMRush is one tool with many features - like a swiss army knife for researching and tracking online marketing. I like that I can go to this one location for many, if not most, of my research needs.

Cons

It's hard to say a dislike for sure. I hear that other software, such as Ahrefs, may have better keyword research tools. But, I haven't taken the time and money to give a thorough comparison of the two. I have been using SEMRush for quite some time now, and it seems to be everything I need.

Great Features w/ several ways to improve your SEO

Just use it for free until it no longer can keep up with you...then consider bumping up to paid but don't put all your chips on the accuracy of their data.

Pros

It is free to begin and it allows you to use basically all their features at a limited capacity. It provides tons of information on your SEO and how you can get better rankings for you. I thought it gave a lot of good insights.

Cons

I question how accurate the data is...I know what my paid advertising spend is and the estimate provided by SEMrush wasn't even close. I'm not sure how it acquires this info but I think it still has a way to go before it actually starts accurately predicting things like ad spend and other useful info.

The last SEM research tool you'll need.

I've found the community and constant innovation a huge plus. Their crawl database is unmatched in accuracy.

Pros

SEMRush is pretty fantastic for keyword and competitive research and tracking. I'm able to reveal new competitors and begin researching their marketing strategies to ensure my clients are visible where and how their audience expects them to be.

Cons

SEMRush's interface can be confusing and cumbersome when it comes to creating and using keyword lists, and tracking keywords and competitors from multiple locations.

Hi Tyler, thank you very much for your review! We are flattered to be called fantastic! Your feedback on the interface will be passed and considered by the team :)

This Software, in my opinion, the best in its field.

Increased relevant organic and paid search traffic.

Pros

Provides a lot of insights about businesses and your rivals, as organic and paid search keywords information. Easy keyword research tool, nice SEO templates, user-friendly dashboard and awesome domain analytics tool.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend using this software for backlinks audit. The data not up to date and not always 100% correct. Google search console and Semrush often shows different information for the same domain.

A standout in a the field

Pros

The diversity of tools is great. The Academy is fantastic. I used the SEO Writing Assistant every day to craft significantly better content.

Cons

The pricing is a challenge for some of my smaller clients, and I cannot share projects with them if they aren't paid SEMrush users.

Semrush is a great tool for any Markter

SEM Rush allows me to have one place to find all of the tools I use on a weekly basis for my own digital marketing and my client's digital marketing needs

Pros

I have been using SEMrush for over 4 years. It is a great and reliable tool for any marketer or SEO specialist. I start with a free trial and then moved into a paid subscription. My favorite use to to audit the on-page SEO of my and my client's websites. The competitor Analysis is also a great set of tools.

Cons

Support can sometimes take some time to get back to you on busy times of the week. However they always reply.

Hi Erik, thank you very much for your review! Great to know you enjoy our tools!

Great Product for Non SEO Experts

Overall I really find the tool to be a great asset for our marketing efforts.

Pros

Without being an expert in SEO, I am able to learn more about SEO while following the advice to improve our websites.

Cons

I don't like all the add-ons would be expected to pay for.

SEMrush is a Must Have!

Saves us a lot of time from using multiple different platforms to deliver the same data. It is really nice to use and can access quick data at anytime.

Pros

We love this product for all of our clients a and it delivers the necessary actionable date to improve our clients sites!

Cons

I like most all of it. I don't expect it to do everything I need for my clients so I am pleased with what it has to offer.

Hi Matt, it's great pleasure to hear that you like SEMrush! Thank you for the review!

The perfect tool for someone wanting to succeed in the digital marketing landscape

Overall, we have leaned heavily on this software to create holistic plans for the client that has been both useful and successful.

Pros

The keyword research tool has been easy to use (once training was put in place). This has aided to some successful marketing strategy decisions. The insightful traffic metrics have played an important and useful role in terms of reporting to the client. The use of SEMRush has been a critical step to plan keywords through the keyword research tool.

Cons

I would not categorized this as a beginner tool; there is definitely a learning curve to understanding the tools and how to use them effectively towards marketing plans. There is quite a few tools within the software that I have not explored, as I don't need the need for them or the benefit it will have for my client.

Most complete tool-set for SEO/PPC

SEO position tracking Site audits PPC keyword tool for cross-group negatives Keyword magic for research

Pros

Daily position tracking and integrations with 3rd party analytics data Integration with Trello

Cons

Price to add an additional user is too high. Big benefit of Moz is that it comes with 20 seats.

SEMRush for SEO Review

Pros

SEMRush is the most efficient and effective Digital Marketing tool that I have used. I used this for SEO , Advertising Research , Social Media, Content Analysis, Competitive Research and Report & Management. Really great tool for getting insights into your competitors’ strategies. It provides ample data for analysis and for strategic planning. Advantage? It has 4 plans weaved for your needs. If you are a company they do have affiliate program too.

Cons

With all the services included in this software it will really cost you a lot so it would be best to really exhaust all that this software provides.

I have to admit, it's a great great great tool

Even if I have to pay, I will pay for using SEMrush because it is worth it.

Pros

As I mentioned on the title, I have to admit, it's a great great great tool for people who breathe with content and SEO. They provide you vast comprehensive data to support your content or SEO strategy. You can find best topics related to your industry and get tons of content ideas from there. They also provide you a traffic analysis of your website, so you can see, what page generated the visit most and what source works best to drive people there.

Cons

Even though the tool is great, you can only get the free trial on a very limited areas. At least it helps you to get some insight.

A seo and sem tool for spy!

Allow me to get insight about growing traffic (seo and sem), and spy competitors.

Pros

Semrush is a really good tool for seo, you can get - traffic from your competition - site evolution - analitic - keyword - backlink You can analize your site and other... and have a really good idea how they work with traffic In seo is really good, but not the best because you have amazing tools like Ahref... But i think semrush is the best in SEM data why? Is the only tool that detect my ads and low ads expense. So, at least on my experience semrush is the best acurate on data on SEM.

Cons

The pricing, is really expensive. Would be nice a tier more afordable