Semrush Reviews

Semrush

SaaS solution for online content marketing

Semrush

1,189 reviews

Good data, not the nicest interface, ever increasing prices

Pros

A great platform for collecting any paid or oragnic keyword data, especially historical data. Also nice for quick SEO overviews/audits.

Cons

The interface is a little dated (looks like it's straight out the mid 2000s), and the prices seem to constantly be creeping up for less and less useful features.

Get insights you can't live without

it has been great. There are a number of features all under one roof which is nice. The reporting is great!

Pros

I use it to get quick "checkups" after doing updates to clients sites.

Cons

It would be nice if you set up a project if it would say that there are additional new keywords, would you like to add them? Also, the audit doesn't even compare to some of the other site audit tools out there.

Hi David, thank you so much for your review! Your feedback is very appreciated.

Amazing Product + Support

Pros

I really enjoy all the features. I can pull competitor research, then add keywords from this in order to begin creating ads or start my creative process.

Cons

The UI could be cleaner. When training new team members on the software, they forget where to find things because the UI is not as clean as it should be.

Hi Anthony, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Also, your feedback on UI is very appreciated!

The Most Comprehensive Digital Marketing Toolkit

Pros

Overall provides the most bang for your buck out of all toolkits out there.

Cons

Not a whole lot. The social features aren't built out well enough, but that isn't the primary function of SEMrush.

Hi Micah, thank you so much for your review! We are happy you consider SEMrush a great choice!

A Tool Worth Trying

Pros

The ability to work on both PPC and SEO in one tool is amazing. Saving you both time and money. There are many features that you probably won't need any other software's.

Cons

There are so many tools and features scattered throughout the tool it can get overwhelming and you can get lost in the data. All of the features are average or good, I wasn't blown away by any of the features and opt to pay for 3 different programs rather than use SemRush.

For those who work with SEO

Pros

SEMrush is a very well known and used tool for people who do SEO. Has a detailed overview about your webpage or a page you want to research for, and gives you really cool and interesting reports.

Cons

It can get a bit overwhelming with so many features.

Excellent service for SEO/Marketing

Pros

+ Good price for a beginner + A lot of information can be scraped via this system

Cons

- A lot of spamming from there teams, even after unsubscribe... - They crawl websites like a VIRUS

Hi Serghei, Thanks for the great feedback and for taking the time to write this review.

good software and SEO tool

good tool, like competition analysis

Pros

it helped us in achieving our SEO targets, easy to use

Cons

the data is not 100% up to date, also, not very rich in other languages

Hi Maher! Thanks a lot for leaving us this review! We are happy to know that you could achieve your targets with our tools!

Execllent Tool for SEO and SEM

Pros

Perfect for SEO purpose Best Tool to monitor paid campaign SEM Good for profile evaluation and can now also be use for SMM activities New business listing is also good

Cons

Data base still need more time, not accurate data. Few important countries are missing like Pakistan

Try it to Compete with your Competitors

I get a lot of help from this platform.

Pros

Let's analyze perfect keywords for your business to place in the right direction. Analyze what others do to create a better business. Check your Rank among with your comititors.

Cons

Pricing of the site is higher not be affordable to all of users.

A complete website for tracking and improving your online presence

great knowledge of competitors ranking and my rankings

Pros

As your brick and mortar shop has to be positioned well and be cleaned every day, also your website needs that TLC, with Semrush everything is at your fingertips, from tracking your SEO and PPC, tracking your competitors to Social Media tracking by tags or by simple name. It's great

Cons

The payment plan we are on, does not fulfill our needs on local searches, maybe they can improve that.

SEM Rush All In One

Very Good have not had the need to look elsewhere

Pros

The site Audit Tool is very Good and allows you to compare your Score against Other Websites in your Sector Ranking Tool Very Useful, Daily Alerts are helpful Social Media Tool / Calender good to have in one package

Cons

Upgrade Option is Quite Expensive. Cannibalization report needs upgrade should be a basic element

Do you know where your customers are leaving?

Pros

If you don't know where your customers are leaving and why your engagements and sales are dropping is time for semrush. After signing up I did discover where my customer left and why they did not come back. I did found out that I had bad links and low posts on social media, also hired a new seo agency, much better job.

Cons

Nothing to say against, great job, maybe they should offer services of SEO, i will be the first customer

SEMrush : the perfect tool for your SEO and social media tracking

Pros

SEMrush is really accurate and precise! You have so many tools you can set up to track your website (or others if you are an agency) You have your datas updated everyday and a lot of recommandations to help you optimise your SEO. What i like most about it, it is the tools they provide for help you : templates for SEO redaction, an assistant writing which you can integrate to google docs and many others! More to that, they have a lot of online class and webinars.

Cons

For each website you are tracking, you can setup many tools but for every one of them, the way you connect your website, your competitor, your GA and GSC are different and it is really annoying. Every time i set up an account, i open the website page of SEMrush which shows where to connect all the tools. It is easy to get confuse between all of them and all the add-on. They should really work on their graphic design too.

Great Product

Great experience. You will get everything you need as a digital marketer.

Pros

Get all the information. Do competitor research, figure out keywords for your plan. Track the competitors

Cons

Not very useful for Youtube SEO, need to add more features here.

Hi, thank you so much for your review! We are glad you find the tools useful! Thank you for the feedback on the Youtube SEO tools - we will consider this idea!

Managing SEO efforts with SEMrush

I use SEMrush for all my search engine optimization efforts from keyword research, backlinks building to spying on competitor keywords.

Pros

I love the detailed keyword research I perform with SEMrush. Keyword research is an integral part of SEO and using SEMrush has enabled me stay on top of my optimization game. I like how organized it is. I can group things into projects. This means I can separate my clients into projects and never mix up their work. It's also great for building quality backlinks which is a helpful tool for every content writer.

Cons

There is really nothing to dislike about this software.

You need SEMRush

The main problems we've been solving is the ability to track keywords rankings on both desktop and mobile across multiple locations.

Pros

The ease of use and keyword tracking. The reporting is ok.

Cons

The lack of adding both mobile & desktop rankings together across all locations.

Good tool for analyzing overall website performance

Pros

I like to use this tool because it gives good analytical stats of the website. For SEO, it is good for keyword ranking and analyzing the competition.

Cons

Sometimes gives false keyword rankings. I found some unwanted errors from website audit report. But overall it's a good tool to use.

Excellent Site Auditing

We manage web properties for several clients with various business needs. SEMrush has enabled us to stay on top of SEO issues to ensure they have the best chance for success.

Pros

Their site audit feature seems to catch EVERYTHING! And it gives you explanations of each item and why it's an issue. They even list possible ways to fix each issue. They also have great research tools such as traffic analysis and various keyword tools.

Cons

There is a LOT of clicking to get to various parts of the site and not all of the links go where you would expect. For example, if you are viewing an issue and it lists the URL of the page experiencing the issue, clicking the URL goes to a detailed view of that issue, NOT the URL itself. To get to the URL you would have to click a little icon next to the URL....it doesn't make a ton of sense.

Solid, robust SEO analysis tool

Overall my experience with SEMrush is positive. It's helped me find SEO issues on my website which has helped my search engine rankings.

Pros

SEMrush is very robust. I primarily used it for SEO analysis, with competitor SEO analysis, keyword research, and on-page SEO being the features I used the most.

Cons

The cost is quite a bit for small businesses. There is also a slight learning curve to all the tools if you're new to SEO.

Hi Timothy, thank you so much for your awesome review!

Great all in one tool for marketers and agencies!

Great experience as software is very advanced and covers many digital marketing needs for us and our clients, gives better understanding of the data and competitive advantage.

Pros

Easy to navigate and understand, many advance features for auditing and research. Great for marketers and business owners to improve their paid marketing and SEO efforts.

Cons

Lead generation feature for SEO audit did not work for all browsers, something they can look into improving in the future.

Finding The Best Value Traffic

10/10, had a live support call showing some cool new features that I wouldn'thave know to loook for, G Drive plug in being the prime example.

Pros

The keyword magic tool is the best by far for our goals, phrase match helps a ton as we do alot of You Tube marketing and it helps find the phrases and in turn the channels to place our ads for the best value response.

Cons

Reporting can be a bit messy when downloading but it gives me the answer I need as quickly as a I need it so a minor issue.

Hi John, thank you so much for your review! Awesome to know you like our tools and especially the Keyword Magic Tool!

A robust tool for analysing competitor activity.

Pros

We use SEMrush on a daily basis to analyse competitor activity. We use the PLA research functionality to assess the competition on Google Shopping.

Cons

For what it offers, SEMrush is pretty expensive and there are certainly cheaper options available for competitor analysis.

SEMrush Review

SEMRush has enabled up to rank higher in Google, which is what our goal was ultimately. We were able to clearly see what needed to change in our SEO. We also got to see what our competitors have been doing to outrank us. SEMrush allowed us to easily understand what keywords are best for our field.

Pros

SEMrush helps our company rank higher in google searches so that we appear more often to potential and existing customers. SEMrush offers a great way to see and test our SEO with the ever-changing Google search algorithm.

Cons

You need to understand SEO and how it works to really understand and utilize SEMrush correctly. Buying this product without having that knowledge will put you at quite a disadvantage.

Hi Kyle, thank you so much for the great review and your insights! We are happy to hear that SEMrush is helpful to you!

Pay Per Click & Keyword Research on Steroids!

Pros

SEMRush has many features but the main ones are built for pay per click advertising, keyword research and SEO optimization. I run an agency for PPC advertising and this is the only tool I use when I want to look up my competition ads, get keywords fast and in large quantities and see how long the ads are running. In just a click you can get from 2000 to 10000 keywords and currently there is no keyword tool that will give you that much volume of keywords in just a second. You can find out the successful ads from your competition and model them for your own. There is also a selection of countries when researching keywords. Overall if you need keywords fast and in volume for your Google Ad campaigns or your SEO optimization projects, this is the tool I suggest.

Cons

If the pricing was lower I would use it every month but for now I am using it only every 3-4 months for only a month. So far we can only select countries when researching but if it had a specific city/location to type in/select like the Google Keyword Tool it would be the perfect tool and the price would be justified.