Semrush Logo

SaaS solution for online content marketing

Semrush Reviews - Page 4

2,233 reviews

Joseph D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

All round tool for SEO

Overall Semrush is an essential tool for anyone who is working in online marketing. With a diverse range of tools it is a great solution for creating a marketing plan or for online SEO research.

Pros

Good level of SEO related features including quality keyword research and keyword tracking. Essential tool for competitor research to see how far your company is from competing with your competitors online.

Cons

The dashboard is a little difficult to navigate, particularly for setting up projects. For creating client reports, it could be made easier for users to pick and choose what to have on a particular report document.

Kevin M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Enterprise Strength SEO Management and Analytics

- for day-to-day management of my SEO responsibilities, this is the workhorse in the industry - build by a team that understands SEO and how the business operates - reporting is industrial strength and highly customizable

Pros

- provide excellent analytics tools for the three major areas of SEO: technical, content, and backlinks (reputational) - excellent keyword data for research and evaluation (proprietary database - not clickstream) - other digital marketing tools for social media and ads management in platform - other functionality and tools available with higher subscription costs: Google Data Studio integration; multi-device data views (and segmentation)

Cons

- price point is at the higher end of the market - learning curve is higher because of the number of views/screens/functionality; advanced SEO practitioners will understand the functionality faster

Thanks so much for leaving your great review, Kevin! If you ever have a question about the tool, feel free to reach out to us via mail@semrush.com to set up a call with our internal support team. They can walk you through a specific tool or show you best ways to use it!

Ayuk A.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Semrush Seo tool Reviews

Has really been helpful for finding the right keywords for my marketing campaigns with over 64.18% profit ROI. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

Honestly, Semrush has helped me to understand the importance of SEO overview in marketing terminology. I appreciate how intelligent the Magic tool works. Gosh! it's such a powerful tool for finding the best performing marketing and low-competition keywords. Some years back, on major ads investments, I use to get just about 42% profit ROI...After several keyword analyses and competition in general, today, I am able to hit hard on the right target and this is thanks to the advanced keyword insights I get from Semrush. They have quality customer support services, I must admit that they are doing a good job. This tool is simple to use, if you ask me yet, remains a fire rocket for any marketer who's willing to explore high marketing ends of the digital world.

Cons

Although they do offer two weeks( and sometimes 30 days ) free trials, On the first attempt, I tried signing up for a trial with my master card but got declined on several occasions...which I truly believe, wasn't due to my card but probably, some internal errors. This is an aspect SEMRUSH should think of improving if they want to increase their customer retention rates. Secondly, they should consider setting affordable subscription plans. Not all businesses can afford to spend up to$100 and above per month on just SEO...They should give thought to this. It's true, the effectiveness of their services is worth their prices but, the fact remains that, the customer is the king.

Peter K.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The closest thing to a perfect all-in-one solution

Research is huge and I'm able to provide a ton of helpful data for my clients and we're able to come up with marketing solutions together.

Pros

Being able to do keyword research is the priority. Finding topic ideas is a great feature. Keeping track of projects is simple. Backlink research and finding gaps. PPC research features.

Cons

The one thing that it doesn't really do is replace Google Analytics. Also, I really liked the SEO writing assistant when I used it early on. However, it is quite a bit of a price jump to be able to use it and it would be a better decision to use a different software for it instead.

Hi Peter, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools and can't imagine your daily work without them!

LT

Lana T.

Entertainment, self-employed

WORST COMPANY EVER, DO NOT EVER THINK OF SUBSCRIBING WITH THEM

SEMRUSH IS A COMPANY WHICH DOES NOT HAVE ANY RESPECT TOWARDS ITS LOYAL CLIENTS. THEY WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF AS MUCH AS THEY CAN AND THE VALUE YOU ARE GETTING IS MINIMAL. AFTER USING IT FOR 1 YEAR, I ASKED THEM IF THEY CAN PROVIDE ME WITH 1 MONTH FREE BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOCKDOWN AND I AM NOT EARNING ANY INCOME AND THEIR ANSWER WAS NO. THESE COMPANIES SHOULD NOT EXIST. I REGRET BECAUSE SO FAR I HAVE PAID THEM MORE THAN $2000. HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Pros

I DID NOT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY

Cons

NOT VALUE FOR MONEY THEY DO NOT RESPECT THEIR CUSTOMERS

Hi Lana, thank you for your review! We absolutely understand your situation and are willing to help. That is why we offer you the credits for a 75% discount for this month and a 50% discount for the next month. Altogether, these credits exceed the cost of a monthly subscription. This offer is similar to the one we did on your request in November 2020. W deeply appreciate our partnership and at this point we've reached the limit of how we can help at this situation. If this solution doesn't fit your needs, we'd be happy to present our free plan to you - it will help you with many tasks during this turbulent period. And we'll always be grateful to see you as our customer again. Please email us at mail@semrush.com if you would like to accept the offer or have any other questions!

Eligreg L.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

A SEO tool for those who want to get things done

I got a taste of everything SEMrush can do after attending one of their great seminars (they're really good at content marketing and that includes events), that made me purchase the tool and I'm in a hurry to make my money's worth of SEO audits.

Pros

Everything around SEO and content marketing gets absolutely DONE. SEMrush really goes out of its way to help the user (and more importantly, every business owner) get the results they want with every single tool they can think of. From SEO auditing (in seconds) to Social Media Marketing, SEMrush is the tool to handle all your inbound efforts.

Cons

As a freelancer SEO consultant, SEMrush can get a bit pricey for the work I do. For businesses is great, but us the freelancers take the punch with the pricing, given the frequency of our income.

Nimanthi R.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives

This enables them to exploit those as limited time open doors just as to widen their gathering of people reaches. Furthermore, the arrangement educates organizations what individuals are buzzing concerning on the web for them to discover a subject they can turn and identify with their merchandise and ventures.

Pros

SEMrush is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives. It gives proficient full perceivability into traffic originating from various correspondence channels and to pick up knowledge into the effectivity of their advertising approaches. As SEMrush gives significant commitment data, computerized advertisers are better furnished to position the brands they work with higher in the web crawler...

Cons

Needs watchword list the executives. A large number of its most inventive instruments includes still convey a beta tag. Competitive Advantage. SEMrush offers information into the SEO strategies of contending brands. The arrangement demonstrates organizations what catchphrases support contenders' web crawler positioning, for them to make a technique that can counter that. Vital Advertising With...

GB

Grant B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Full Marketing Suite

Overall a very powerful tool. Great customer service.

Pros

SEMrush has everything in one place. It has some great stand alone features like gap analysis, content template and writing assistant and the domain analytics we use daily for research. Then within a project you get a great site audit that touches on a lot of technical items, position tracking with several set up options for tracking via city, zip, etc. You can track mobile, tablet, desktop, organic and local. The backlink audit is helpful in keeping an eye on your sites backlink profile and the link building tool is helpful in tracking your continued link building efforts.

Cons

Set up can be a bit over whelming as is the amount of features. However, over time you will pick all of it up and continue to learn more. We have been using the tool for over 2 years now and I am still surprised by features I come across or different ways of using them.

Jonny C.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

An okay tool for quick SEO insights and report generation

Ability to keep a close eye on our SEO performance by tracking large numbers of keywords on a daily basis. The ability to create custom and data-filled PDF reports were also highly useful for internal meetings. SEO auditing for quick glances at potential new issues and alerts of competitor changes.

Pros

SEMRush has now grown so that it has a feature for pretty much any aspect of digital marketing, whether that's SEO, social and PPC. The keyword tracking is one of the best elements. Daily position check on a good quota of keywords across your projects is great for quick references/health checks. The reporting element is by far SEMRush's best feature, especially if you're an agency or company...

Cons

I feel they have become to bloated and lost their focus with the product features. They are trying too hard to be able to everything to some degree, rather than just focus on doing the SEO auditing and reporting as best as they can. Originally SEMRush was loved by professionals because it was the go-to SEO audit tool, however I feel this is no longer the case. As they have tried too hard to add social, PPC and link metric tools into their product they have been left behind by competitors who can now provide more in-depth onsite audits. Their position tracking is still as good as can be, although it would be good if they could track other search engines such as Bing.

LB

Lauren B.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Excellent SEO software

I could spend all day in the software, and now that I have it, I couldn't work without it.

Pros

My favorite products within the software include keyword gap analysis, keyword magic tool, comeptitor analysis as well a position tracking.

Cons

It's only as good as what you put in. I wish the heatmap for listing management was included in the Guru package, or the packages were more customizable as I don't use half the features in my package but would like to add other extras that are more relevant to my scope of work.

Hi Lauren, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you enjoy SEMrush tools!

AC

Ashley C.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Robust functionality, helps us see the full picture

We're able to make more informed decisions with SEMrush, and we're getting a more full picture of the performance of our websites because of the tools available to us within the platform.

Pros

As a company with multiple websites, it's helpful to be able to create projects for each site within SEMrush and track position separately. It's great to be able to crawl for issues within the tool as well. Reporting is easy and robust, and we haven't even fully exploited its functionality in the year since we deployed. I love the categorization of the Keyword Magic tool - I was a Google Keyword Planner enthusiast, but I think I'm a convert!

Cons

It can be hard to know whose data to trust when SEMrush data conflicts with other tools (mostly on MSV). You can't tie a page to a particular keyword to track ranking. SEMrush decides which page to tie based on which one is ranking best - which does make sense, but it complicates things a bit for us.

Hi Ashley, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Powerful SEO, Marketing and competitive analysis platform

I like the most SEO and marketing toolkit offering a wealth of features and insights. It's a go-to choice for professionals in the field. While it has some limitations, its comprehensive suite of tools makes it a valuable asset for optimizing online presence and marketing strategies.

Pros

It offers a wide range of features for keyword research, site audits, and competitive analysis with robust Competitor Analysis. Intuitive design makes it accessible to users of varying experience levels.

Cons

Can be expensive for smaller businesses, and costs can increase with added features. The social media tool lacks advanced scheduling and posting capabilities. Apart from this, historical data is limited on lower-tier plans, which can hinder long-term analysis.

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Quality product, would highly recommend

Overall experience has been very positive. We have seen a positive increase in the amount of traffic hitting the site since using the tool and have used it to improve both onpage SEO as well as improve our keyword targeting with out PPC campaigns.

Pros

The most helpful thing with SEMrush is that everything in contained within the one program, and you can share the data for each of the different areas within it. For example, keywords, you can define your keywords list in one area for say how you're ranking currently but then use the same keywords to understand competitive analysis, further keyword opportunities, and then bring them over to content marketing.

Cons

the only time i had issues and this is partially just the way our business was setup, I have a large number of sites that I look at which were all managed separately by different people, they've been consolidated now, but retain the same login details for things like search console, GA etc. so when running reports, having to switch between accounts to make sure all the things match and can pull reports easily is a challenge since only one Search Console and 1 GA account can be connected at a time.

Greg D.

I use SEMRush to monitor the SEO health of all my clients.

From this one application, I can monitor the overall SEO health of multiple clients in multiple locations. I can run insightful, professional-looking reports to give to clients. And I can quickly research both their past history and their next steps. When it comes to SEO, SEMRush is the only tool I need.

Pros

My favorite thing about SEMRush is the keyword search tools. Even though keywords are everything when it comes to SEO anymore, they're still very important both for ranking and as an insight into a company's market share. I was an early user of products like Market Samurai and the Google keyword tool back when they both actually told you something useful. This isn't exactly like the early days...

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about SEMRush. If I had to find a least-liked feature, it would be the steep learning curve. Unless you have a firm understanding of SEO concepts and strategies, it's easy to get lost in there. That said, the reason why there's a big learning curve is because there are so many features packed into one application. Keyword searches are only the beginning. You can monitor your Social Media rankings, your backlinks, your online reputation, and so much more with SEMRush. There's a lot to learn, because there's a lot to use.

Jocelyn Fernand D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Meilleur outil SEO pour réussir une stratégie SEO

Semrush reste un bon outil pour mettre en place une stratégie de visibilité et de faire une veille concurrentielle efficace.

Pros

J'utilise Semrush pour rechercher des mots-clés pertinents, il me fournit des données à jour et me permet de gagner un temps fou pour la mise place de stratégie de visibilité.

Cons

Bien que Semrush soit un bon outil SEO, il n'est pas facile de naviguer sur son interface quand on est débutant.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Hi Jocelyn, we're glad you have found value in our tools using keyword research. We would love to show you around our tools to make you more familiar. You can request a demo here: https://www.semrush.com/kb/request-demo/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=orm&utm_campaign=socialorganic&utm_term=social_organic.

JG

Jeff G.

An Absolute Must for Any Marketing Team

Overall, SEMrush is our go-to solution for SEO, content development, keyword research and more. Whenever something new comes along, we stick with SEMrush. It's simply the best there is.

Pros

SEMrush is amazing. It uncovers opportunities and helps you improve your rankings by offering A+ data.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated for newbies. Especially for those who have never used any type of SEO software or data analytics application.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great for Technical Audit, So-so in keyword rankings and backlink research.

Pros

I really like their site audit tool and I think this is their most accurate functionality. It can find and give the right suggestions for fixing these issues that can really make an impact if your site is suffering from technical issues.

Cons

The backlink audit tool and keyword ranking tools are not very accurate. For example, the backlink audit tool reommended that we remove some backlinks and domains as they were 100% toxic as per SEMRush. As soon as we removed them, the ranking tanked and only got back once we restored those links.

Hi, thank you very much for your review! It is great to read that you overall experience with SEMrush is great and you like the Site Audit tool! A friendly reminder that it is recommended to always check toxic links manually to make sure you want to disavow them. You can also read about the toxicity metric in our Knowledge Base.

FG

Franklin G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

SEMrush is my preferred, go-to tool for market research

I've used SEMrush on a daily basis for over 5 years. It has delivered powerful insights that help us understand the competitive landscape so that we can delivery clarity and confidence to our clients about the best ways to compete. It exposes gaps in competitor strategies that our clients can benefit from so that they can outperform the competition without outspending them.

Pros

SEMrush is easy to use and provides powerful insights into competitor websites that we need to research for our clients.

Cons

I wish the data was real-time or at least updated more regularly. I would also like more options for local research. The keyword research isn't as useful as I would like, so I use other software to help with most keyword research.

Hi Franklin, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy our tools. We'd like to get more feedback from you on what you'd want to add to our Keyword Research tools - if you have a minute, please email/DM us in social media with your thoughts!

MW

Mustapha W.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Semrush Review

As an SEO expert with 5 years of experience, Semrush remains my best SEO tool because it gives an in-depth analysis of all the data it provides. Features such as the Keywords research, domain analysis, site audit and support are second to none compared to their counterparts.

Pros

Though Semrush is packed with a lot of useful features compared to other SEO tools out there but Domain Analysis is a feature that I like most because it gives an in-depth insight into what the competitors are all about; their domain score, monthly traffic, all the keywords they're being rank for and search intent behind those keywords.

Cons

These are the two downsides I discovered about Semrush: 1. Semrush gather its data through the Google search engine alone. Other search engines should be put into consideration. 2. Semrush is not mobile-friendly.

Mithil P.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

A must have audit tool for your business

It has been great mainly due to the added value it provides to my new business pitches and research.

Pros

features like SEO audit, competitive landscapes, and social audit are the pros of this product. IT is much easier to use than any other product out there.

Cons

Lack of customer service. I need to rely on blogs and communities to train myself.

MM

Matteo M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

A must have for international KW research and online business intelligence

Great experience for KW research and competitors' research.

Pros

Great KW DB and international support. Easy structure and KW export functionality - lets the user free to use the tool as one wants - without forcing any pre-constructed process or approach to KW research and SEO.

Cons

Excessive pricing fragmentation and not a great value for money when it comes to specific KWs one can track.

Hi Matteo! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us; we're excited to hear that you find our tool as a must-have for keyword research!

PT

Paul T.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Semrush Is A Necessity For Online Business

Couldn't Work Without It!

Pros

Keywords and Back Links are so accurate with SEMrush. There is no other tool in the market quite like it.

Cons

I would like to see data in Real Time. Every day we have to wait for 24 update on traffic report, but if there was a way to see it real time, we could move a lot faster in the direction we need to.

FN

Federico N.

Internet, self-employed

Una soluzione completa per la SEO e il marketing digitale

La mia esperienza complessiva con Semrush è stata molto positiva. La piattaforma mi ha permesso di monitorare e migliorare il posizionamento del mio sito web sui motori di ricerca, nonché di analizzare la concorrenza e di sviluppare strategie di marketing più efficaci. Inoltre, Semrush mi ha risolto molti problemi come la necessità di una maggiore visibilità online e di una maggiore comprensione della concorrenza.

Pros

Semrush è uno strumento potente e completo per la SEO e il marketing digitale, che offre una vasta gamma di funzionalità per aiutare i marketer a migliorare la loro visibilità online.La piattaforma è facile da usare e ha un'interfaccia intuitiva che rende semplice la navigazione e l'utilizzo delle sue molte funzioni.L'integrazione con i processi aziendali esistenti è stata semplice e veloce, e questo ha aiutato a ottimizzare i flussi di lavoro.

Cons

A volte, alcune delle funzioni più avanzate possono essere difficili da comprendere per i principianti.Potrebbe essere necessario un certo tempo per imparare a utilizzare appieno tutte le funzionalità di Semrush.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

ch

charles h.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

SEMrush review

solid product and responsive support.

Pros

automated updates and breadth of product offering

Cons

having to manually sync google analytics data with multiple features within the product. the "integrations" article is a helpful workaround but this should still be automatic.

Hi Charles, thank you for the great review! We can't access your Google Analytics info without your permission, this is why there are integrations points that you need to configure manually :)

KG

Keith G.

SEMrush helps manufacturing firms

We and our clients have enjoyed outstanding results using SEMrush to present data in a way that it is easy to prioritize actions and get meaningful results that impact the bottom line.

Pros

SEMrush features, especially SEO with measures of the competitive landscape has been very helpful with bringing manufacturing firms up to speed with Internet Marketing practices.

Cons

It is comprehensive, which naturally makes it challenging to navigate when it is not used on a daily basis.

Hi Keith, thank you for your review! This is so great to hear that our tools brought great results to you and your clients!