All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Semrush Reviews

1,297 reviews

Robust Tool For SEO/PPC Research, Monitoring, and Reporting

Solid research and monitoring tool for SEO/PPC campaigns. This tool should definitely be a part of your digital marketing arsenal, especially if you manage multiple clients/campaigns.

Pros

SEMrush offers a solid suite of research and monitoring tools for digital marketers. There is a slight learning curve but once you get in and use it the tools is fairly intuitive. I personally like the monitoring and reporting feature—you can enter your domain/s and set keywords to track, parameters and setting to filter out recommendations, etc. to customize the dashboard to your specifications. Reporting is a breeze as pretty much anything can be exported to a PDF. SEMrush also offers pretty handy research and competitive intel tools. They aren't so deep that you could get rid of other more niche tools, but a great starting point or full solution for small teams. They also offer a ton of support and free resources, which is always helpful and appreciated.

Cons

As with other platforms, you really need to take the time to get to know it and understand all of the features and functions to get the most out of it. Not a software problem, but something to keep in mind when you're evaluating options. Also another caveat of other platforms, the data they report is only as good as the source (Google) so take their competitive intel, suggested bids, etc. with a grain of salt—it's a great place to get started but can be inaccurate or out of date.

Content planning must have

I’ve found a lot I’d great keywords and competitive analysis! It’s also helped me find errors that have been a huge help to rankings and tech updates.

Pros

The keyword research can’t be beat! There is so much information to find the perfect keyboard for your content.

Cons

It’s clearly created by a development team, and then average user often has a hard time figuring out the pieces without spending several hours getting to where they need to be. It’s also crazy expensive compared to other tools on the market.

Hi Camille, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Have passed your feedback to our Ui/Ux team - we are working to improve it!

Dive Deeper into Your Site's Analytics with SemRush

We are starting our 5th year of business in 2019 and have SemRush to thank for much of our success.

Pros

I own a small ecommerce business so analytics is critical for our success. I've tried a few other SEO services in the past but nothing beats SemRush in terms of features and accessibility. While other services' interfaces are clunky and hard to understand, SemRush lays everything out on their page in an easy-to-use format. The features are incredible, especially the Site Audit, which compares your...

Cons

I wish the subscription cost was a bit cheaper.

Best SEM and SEO software on the market

SEMrush does a great job of onboarding clients and they have a lot of great training tools. I also like that I can go to one place and get the information I'm looking for. And it is accurate.

Pros

SEMrush is probably the most full-featured SEM/SEO software on the market. I have tried several different ones but they all lacked certain pieces. To get all the features of SEMrush you have to have subscriptions to multiple pieces of software.

Cons

This much functionality doesn't come without some complexity. There are times where it is frustrating trying to figure out how to do something or get the results you are looking for.

Great All-Around Tool for Short-Staffed Teams

I see SEMrush as a core tool for digital marketing. It offers a lot of value for the price point and there's always more that you can use it for (if you have the time).

Pros

SEMrush is like a Swiss Army knife, full of features that can be used for a variety of digital marketing needs. The SEO and advertising keyword tools are very helpful as well as the competitive intelligence tools.

Cons

The massive feature set can also be overwhelming. In an ideal world, you would need a full-time, dedicated position if you wanted to maximize all the tools and features. I'm also a little suspicious of the data quality because the tool is priced so low. It usually correlates with other data sets I use, but it is not surprising to come across data points that just don't make sense.

SEMrush is great for beginners to advanced SEO team members!

Overall, I've been very happy with SEMrush as an administrator and user. I always feel supported by SEMrush, which is great for a 1-person SEO team!

Pros

I love ALL the trainings, webinars and resources, they not only make the software easy to use, but teaches me new things about SEO. The tool is already pretty easy to use too! I love how I can make notations and change statuses in the tool to track progress. Support team is awesome! Price is simply great too.

Cons

If you're brand new to SEO, the functions and features may be a bit hard to use, you'll need to rely on the training videos, courses and all the resources, but they'll take care of you.

Hi Janet, thank you so much for your awesome review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

SEMrush is invaluable for SEOs!

Pros

I use so many features of SEMrush every day. Unrivalled competitor analysis, accurate position tracking, keywords magic tool is really useful.

Cons

There isn't really anything I dislike - Moz and Ahrefs are better in some features but SEMrush is the best overall package in my opinion.

Hi, Stephen! Thanks for giving us this review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our tools!

Agency Data

8 out of 10.

Pros

The versatility of the software is great, as many SEO’s know, ahrefs is better for back links but overall the versatility of SEMrush is better IMO. That is why we mainly use this.

Cons

The cost of adding users can get very expensive.

More features than it needs

Pros

SEMrush is a great tool for SEO and I am able to get all the information I need by using it. From keyword rankings, movement over time, technical issues, and location-specific information, it has everything me and my team need to successfully monitor and manage SEO for our own business and clients.

Cons

They try to be everything to everyone, which diminishes the value of the software to me. For example, I am not looking for a social media posting tool from my SEO tool. Because of the amount of features, it puts them at a higher price point and I am already paying for some of these features from software that is built specifically for those purposes. Focus on one thing and do that one thing really...

One of the best SEO tools to monitor website health and kw positions

Overall, a very rich tool - in information and easy to understand graphics.

Pros

What I like most is that Semrush offers a lot of useful features and they are constantly adding new ones and developing the tool. Positions tracking is only small part of it - you cancreate different projects to automatically track changes in positions for keywords that are important for your business - for ex. by geo location, which is very useful for an international business. A great one is the...

Cons

The subscription generally offers access to only 1 user. Adding additional users is costly (which is relative of course).

A Professional SEO Tool

SEMrush has been used by my company for years now to assist with client SEO projects. Pricing can be an issue, but you really do get a ton of insights, advice, and quality information from the platform. I'd recommend it to any group in need of a professional SEO resource.

Pros

While there are other players in the market, SEMrush is the most comprehensive SEO tool I've encountered. From keyword research to site audits and domain metrics, it seems to do it all. It can dive pretty deep into traffic analytics and show you valuable trends that can help with client ROI conversations. It's been useful when proving the success or need for content on websites.

Cons

The platform layout is a bit confusing. There is so much going on that it's easy to get lost in a new section and not know how to get back to the screen you want. The dashboard offers a lot to use, but needs better organization to streamline a user's experience. The keyword research portion is fairly clear, but the domain analytics versus site positions versus content recommendations could use some help.

I love you

Great. So many features. I wish I had more time to go through them all.

Pros

I love how I can spy on my competitors. I love going after their keywords. It helps me guide my clients in the right direction. I use the "competitor" look up to help people answer the "where do I start?" question.

Cons

Ahrefs just looks more inviting. It look more user friendly. Kinda like... SEMrush is like my wife. Ahrefs is my occasional side piece. At the end of the day, I'm always going back to my wife.

Hi Jonathan, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to be your 'SEO wife' :)

Best for SEO

Being new to the market and having a relatively young business and domain visibility, we are competing with the giants in terms of company size, their history in the business, their domain age. It's a big challenge to even rank against this giants when it comes to organic search. That is when a tool like SEMrush is able to tell you where you are against your competitor and what you can do to beat them in ranking position. And so we did for at least some of the biggest name in the industry. We aim to be on position 1, soon!

Pros

I have been using SEMrush mainly for SEO and no doubt that it does its job really well in the SEO landscape. Although there are other tools available with regards to PPC, Brand, and Social. It's great in monitoring our main targeted keywords on both devices, reports are easy setup, customisable and can be shared with the management straight out. Competitive research provides all the tool you'd need to stay ahead with the competition.

Cons

On the backlink side of things, I'd like to see a more strategic way of reaching out to potentially high-value domains. I don't think to send an email to each of the website owners actually worked in terms of exchanging links. Other than that, other suggestion and audit, on page check are all great working together. We have a Thai team who also uses the same tool, however the report doesn't show up on the local language. Which actually is not a turn down, you can still the keywords translated within the tool.

It’s great for some things

I would say that it’s incredibly comprehensive and has a lot of great tools. They haven’t figured out a pricing model that reflects the value and how customers are using it. The support is great, though I’ve only had to reach out once. The SEO templates are great and super helpful.

Pros

SEM rush basically is the one stop shop for the entire content process. We use it to pick a topic, write the outline, choose links, and examine the competition. I also love that you can make these great automated reports that I send weekly to my team. It can’t be the only tool, you need Ahrefs and Moz to get a full picture of the landscape, if I could only have one, it would be SEMRush

Cons

I hate how, even after paying a lot of money each month, they require you to pay more see other domains. You also can’t see certain market reports which is just annoying. It also annoying to have team accounts. It’s hours too be seat based. We have a ton of people who can’t do anything in the tool, but insist on having a seat.

SEMRush is one of the best SEO, SEM, and content marketing tools available, with tons of extras.

Pros

The design is focused on what you need, and you don't get lost in SEO or SEM jargon. You can do a Site Audit, which gives you actionable information (and if you're a consultant, a huge benefit to give your clients). Keywords lists are delivered and organized in a way that again gives you actionable items, as is the PPC research. Content marketing is made simple,. with suggested ideas, questions, and all outlined in a way that you can feel smart taking these actions. Excellent support always, and the downloadable Excel spreadsheets help you share this info beyond SEMRush.

Cons

The con is a basic con with all SEO/SEM tools in the age of Google. PPC data is rarely accurate in terms of what companies are spending, not the fault of SEMRush as much as the sources are unreliable (yes Google, talking about you), which makes what used to be an accurate measure more of a guess. Still you will get an understanding, but the PPC end must be looked at more from Adwords than trusting this tool, or any tool.

Great SEO tool

Aside from the user experience which at the end users will eventually find out how to use the tools, this tool is a great one, it has saved us so many times and it helps us make the right decision for digital marketing which positions our business to the right people. fantastic job from the SEMrush team.

Pros

SEMrush provides you with all the necessary data needed to create a strong online presence. This tool feeds you withinformation that helps your learn more about your competitors, what exactly they are doing to raise their rank online and gives you possible options on the strategies you need to duplicate what your competitors are doing. With a robust dashboard that houses all the tools that assist...

Cons

SEMrush has too many things embedded in their dashboard. Too many tools and can be confusing. It can be completely uneasy for some users to navigate becuase there is a whole bunch of thing locked in the app therefore the user experience I believe would be the only thing they should work on.

Hi, thank you so much for your review! We know the number of functions and tools can be overwhelming, especially for the new users, and highly recommend checking our Knowledge Base with detailed descriptions of workflows and tools. Check out our Academy as well - there are a lot of free courses on the toolkits and digital marketing in general!

Must have tool to track all SEO/SMM activities

Amazing, SEM rush has helped a lot in improving our efficiencies in SEO activities.

Pros

Position tracking and social media tracker are the best features. It is super easy to track all the metrics and keep an eye on growth.

Cons

Traffic data is something which is highly unreliable. Think there is massive scope to enhance traffic analytics.

Hi Abhishek, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to read you enjoy the position tracking and social media tools.

Invaluable tool for SEO and web migration tracking

Use it daily, wouldn't be able to do my job properly without it. Every agency and SEO should use SEMrush.

Pros

The "Site Audit" and Projects tool is my favorite part. Setting up projects and scanning websites in full every month is great, we can uncover lots of hidden issues such as broken links or duplicate content with ease and filter through everything in priorities. The keyword gap analysis and data exports are also perfect for any company tracking SEO progress and keyword movements after a web migration.

Cons

The plans can be a bit expensive, especially if you use the site audit tool and wish to scan thousands of pages within a month (as there is a cap). Overall though the pricing is fair when compared to Ahrefs or the fact that cheaper tools are not as comprehensive.

Semrush changed the way I create content

Semrush has unquestionably changed the way I create content and it has led to clear SEO improvements and a positive impact on the online visibility of my company. It's not hyperbole to say that I couldn't do my job without it.

Pros

I appreciate the way I can check the relevance of the subjects I write about in the marketing efforts for my company, which saves a lot of time. And the insights I can gain into the performance of existing content is is invaluable in my optimization efforts.

Cons

I sometimes question the accuracy of Semrush's results, although if you are using its numbers mainly to benchmark SEO performance against future results, then the variations don;t really matter.

Fantastic tool has advantages over their competitors

Great! Love the new marketplace I utilized the free first blog given to test quality and I was very happy with the writing quality and research done by the writer.

Pros

Easy to use and understand tool! Helps quickly identify opportunities for your site or client. I actually use them and ahrefs. SEMRush is always coming up with new tools and features within their solution! I am constantly getting more value from them.

Cons

If you do need to grow or add other services on I do think they can be a little hard to transition to the upgrade until you’re absolutely ready. Bigger price jump.

Hi Kara, thank you for leaving us a review! We are very happy to read your kind words about our suite!

Excellent SEO software

I could spend all day in the software, and now that I have it, I couldn't work without it.

Pros

My favorite products within the software include keyword gap analysis, keyword magic tool, comeptitor analysis as well a position tracking.

Cons

It's only as good as what you put in. I wish the heatmap for listing management was included in the Guru package, or the packages were more customizable as I don't use half the features in my package but would like to add other extras that are more relevant to my scope of work.

Hi Lauren, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Powerful tool and reporting

Overall experience is positive. SEMrush gives you actionable insights to improve your SEO. It gives you in depth analysis which a lot of platform can't do.

Pros

Powerful tool! Powerful may actually be an understatement. SEMRush can help you glean helpful insights from a variety of angles. You can set up dashboards for each site you work on. I also love the site audit tool. You can schedule this or run manually. Quickly and easily identify issues as well as how to fix them. Their SEMRush training tools and courses are phenomenal! You receive in depth insights from experts and how the information applies to SEMRush platform.

Cons

It takes some substantial time to set the platform up as well as get used to it. Keep in mind that sometimes the data doesn't pull as fast as you need it- you could see the same issues pop up even though you have corrected them.

Hi Allie, thank you so much for your review and great feedback on the tools and courses! Happy to hear you are satisfied with SEMrush!

Robust functionality, helps us see the full picture

We're able to make more informed decisions with SEMrush, and we're getting a more full picture of the performance of our websites because of the tools available to us within the platform.

Pros

As a company with multiple websites, it's helpful to be able to create projects for each site within SEMrush and track position separately. It's great to be able to crawl for issues within the tool as well. Reporting is easy and robust, and we haven't even fully exploited its functionality in the year since we deployed. I love the categorization of the Keyword Magic tool - I was a Google Keyword Planner enthusiast, but I think I'm a convert!

Cons

It can be hard to know whose data to trust when SEMrush data conflicts with other tools (mostly on MSV). You can't tie a page to a particular keyword to track ranking. SEMrush decides which page to tie based on which one is ranking best - which does make sense, but it complicates things a bit for us.

Hi Ashley, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Incredibly Professional Online Visibility Management Platform

I always improve my website content after doing an audit from SEMrush. I always analyze my website traffic through this platform. I really love the magic keyword research tool and even all other tools of SEMrush. I always search the best and incredible keywords for my PPC campaign. I also analyze the performance of my social media posts. I create optimize and professional social ads through SEMrush. So, in short, I am really satisfied with SEMrush.

Pros

SEMrush is the best platform for the digital media marketing experts. SEMrush allows you to work on SEO, content marketing, advertising, market research and social media. You can find millions of best keywords for your business website. You can analyze your website backlinks. You can run SEO audits for your website. So you can see your competitors and then you can improve your website content according to the best keywords.

Cons

SEMrush offers most effective and professional strategies to increase rankings in search engines and even in the social media platforms without any kind of cons. According to my point of view, SEMrush is best without cons.

Hi Abid, thank you for leaving a review for Semrush! We are so proud to be your tool of choice! :)

Semrush is complete, but slightly inaccurate

Overall, I love Semrush. It's a wealth of information. Even if some of the information in the database is a little out of date, the sheer amount of data and ideas you can get from Semrush are worth it. You even get bonus things like social media tools. The interface is good, but not amazing. So they could work on that. But I never had too difficult a time finding what I wanted.

Pros

I love that it's a pretty comprehensive SEO and PPC research and auditing suite. There is simply a ton you can do in Semrush, even in the free version. The site audit is comprehensive, and you're given a lot of different things to look at. One of my favorite things is the SEO Ideas module where it gives you specific things you can do on each page that will help you improve your organic traffic. While you can figure some of this out through the normal audit, having these extra ideas helps with getting the creative juices flowing. There is also a very large amount of competitive research, content idea generator and so much more. It's astounding what all is there! I love that some emphasis is put on PPC in addition to SEO as the two often work hand in hand.

Cons

Unfortunately, despite being a comprehensive tool, you do have to keep in mind that not all the data is completely up to date or accurate. Not that it's unusable, but I did find myself wondering why it was showing my PPC campaign's "current real-time" ad was actually an ad I haven't used for 6 months. In addition, I found that many of the links in the backlink audit were not accurate. This doesn't mean the tool isn't worth the money. But take everything with a slight grain of salt and back up the data with another tool if you can.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.