All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Semrush Reviews

1,297 reviews

Highly Functional Software but comes with a learning curve

Pros

I love the deep dives on SEO and keyword effectiveness for ourselves and our competitors. It's also very detailed in the information it processes and communicates

Cons

There's so much going on and so much it can do, the learning curve is quite long. Highly recommend having someone do a couple coaching/onboarding calls.

Very good for deep analytics

SEMrush solved the problemand. We like the software.

Pros

SEMrush is a very powerful tool for advanced analytics. We used it to analyse the video market in Latin America. Combining SEMrush with Google Analytics gave us a deep understanding of the market.

Cons

SEMrush sells itself like a free tool but is not a free tool. Sometimes, the web interface is not user friendly.

Amazing analytics

Pros

I loved that I could see all of the accounts I monitor right on the side of my browser. I also love the add-ons that software comes with, such as the SEO writing assistant. It makes product writing a dream!

Cons

The dashboard can seem a little overwhelming and highly technical, so it might be nice to redesign it for a cleaner user experience.

excellent software

the software allows me to be able to source for relevant keywords to improve our ranking and able to keep tab with our competitors so we can have some edge over them. the overall experience with this software is great just try to fix those little things i pointed out.

Pros

ability to compare data with your competitors

Cons

unable to see the improvement for specific keywords sometimes

best seo software

helped me choose the right keywords always. no guessing, just good data

Pros

Good SEO starts with keywords, Semrush is the best and simplest I've used and most comprehensive. Fast results too

Cons

paid product but anything of worth cost but well worth it. monthly recurring can be challenging but worth it if you use it

One of the main tools in our SEO arsenal

SEMRush is one of the main SEO tools that I use to perform research on organic and paid search. I use it to do competitive research around organic and paid search and assess where the gaps and opportunities for my clients are. Really easy to use, great value for the money.

Cons

Supercharge your PPC campaigns and scale your business without the need for more labor resources

Depending on the industry you service, SEMrush's cost is outweighed by the value in brings in ensuring you are targeting all of the right keywords for both PPC and SEO strategies.

Pros

SEMrush makes it easy to quickly become a knowledge expert when it comes to PPC and SEO marketing strategies. Google Adwords has a keyword planner, but SEMrush takes the guesswork out of analyzing keywords. The best part of this tool is being able to understand your competitors strategies to better implement your own.

Cons

Small to medium sized businesses may not see the value of using this tool for months or years, as the cost can quickly become 10-30% of your total PPC or SEO budget unless you're spending heavily in those areas each month.

Best Marketing tool

Pros

Like there All-in-one Marketing Toolkit where i can get score for keywords.

Cons

Pricing plans should also have pay for use for small scale organisation.

Great Analysis

I love it!

Pros

I love how it gives a detailed analysis of website performance and SEO. Quite an eye-opener.

Cons

Most features are locked for premium users.

Great product

Fantastic experience. Great sales, great software, regular usage from our team.

Pros

Its keyword and competitive research saved us dozens of hours immediately and provide us a way to analyze our client's digital landscapes rapidly.

Cons

Some of the limits are unfortunate, i.e. amount of pages that can be crawled per month.

The IT tool for SEO/SEM

Pros

Vast keywords Fantastic auditing system Leveraged by many well known companies

Cons

Very pricey for smaller businesses Traffic Analysis is an add-on

Easy Tool to Use and Get Up to Speed

If you are in need of an SEO tool which lets you do keyword research, track keyword ranks, check on your backlinks, check competitor ranks & most importantly, and do an SEO review of your blog, then SEMrush is right for you. Well designed easy to use.

Cons

Great tool in SEO arsenal for those who can afford

Pleasing to use and provides deep analysis of keywords and competitors.

Pros

The best thing about this soft is competitor analysis, of course. I also like the interface is easy to understand while providing a good depth of data.

Cons

The soft is pretty pricey. Backlink analysis seems not be the strongest part. If the latter is fixed, it could be the true all-in-one soft.

Good Alternative to Compete.com

After Compete.com shut down, we looked for an alternative software to track our competition. The dashboard takes a little bit of time to figure out what all functionality is there, but after the learning curve is over, the functionality is really useful.

Cons

Nice Product which keep improving itself

Pros

SEO and Analytics Link building Content suggestions.

Cons

The single domain in a ​free account. They should allow at least THREE domains.

A must need product

Pros

You need this if you intend to do anything search engine related

Cons

Nothing the product does a great job doing exactly what you need

TRIED TO CANCEL - DIDN'T GIVE MY MONEY BACK

Will never use it again. Will likely post about my experience in other places

Pros

The software is cool, some good features. But other competitors offer a better value for the money + have a better customer support

Cons

I clearly signed up for a trial, canceled the service. They charged me anyways and don't want to refund my money. Highly recommend to stay way from semrush and use services like ahrefs for instance, which have a lot better customer support.

SEM Rush is pretty solid solution

Pros

I like SEM Rush for a lot of SEO related stuff like keyword and competitor research.

Cons

Nothing much, only thing is that kind of expensive

Semrush is great tool for SEO & Backlink audit

This tool make it immensely easy to perform SEO audit and do SEO of website without having SEO knowledge

Pros

This tool helps me to do SEO audit of my website and improve my site health. Moreover, this tool allows me to get more backlink opportunity and stay ahead of competitors

Cons

I think it is costly. They should decrease the price of this tool

It has a lot, but extremely expensive

We had this recommended to us for one client. However we found other options at a much reduced cost. We feel that if the product was broken into smaller, more manageable chunks that were less expensive, it would appeal to smaller businesses.

Pros

At the time we used it, it had everything we wanted. The Search Engine research abilities were without equal.

Cons

Even though this has everything one would want, it is extremely expensive. It is too expensive for anyone with a small business marketing budget.

Hi Phil, thank you for leaving your review! Please note that we have different plans, including free tier with different scope of tools in each of them. I will pass you thoughts on our pricing to the team for consideration!

Generally, good overview of how to perform better but information not always accurate

Overall I think they provide good reports to give new ideas to advertising and SEO but I don't find myself needing to use it all the time/trusting the information.

Pros

I mostly use it for paid advertising to get ideas for new keywords and what other competitors were focusing on.

Cons

The information wasn't always accurate. When I would pull a keyword gap analysis, it would tell me I was missing keywords that competitors were bidding on even though they were already in our Google ads account.

Must-Have Digital Marketing Tool

It provides a better understanding for the insights team to dissect keyword performance.

Pros

SEMrush will offer valuable insights into the client's websites. The best feature is examining keyword performance at any given time.

Cons

SEMrush is suitable for companies who can afford it. The cost is less convincing for value-seeking freelancers.

Advanced website analytics and functionality

Pros

One of the best tools to improving your website SEO and rankings without hiring professionals. Gives you lost of options and data points to figure out how to make your website better

Cons

I was hoping they would have better tools for linking social media accounts or seeing more data.

The Only Tool Which Can Help DIgital Marketer

keyword research and backlink analysis

Pros

competitor analysis like mossad :) keyword research backlink analysis like a crawler does Easy to use as anyone can use it a complete packages of tools

Cons

it is not free :) free trial is for 30 days only nothing more cons it is already loved by top bloggers and internet marketer worldwide.

SEMrush is a must-have for SEO

SEMrush is a reference as a SEO tool. However, the price are ridiculously high. Great for big companies

Pros

The quantity of information that you can have from the sofware: backlinks, trustscore, keywords, competitor comparaison. It is very useful for SEO

Cons

The price is very high so you have to got a good business for using it

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.