All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Semrush Reviews

1,287 reviews

A great resource

Pros

Knowing your competition is paramount in making headway in any industry. SEMrush delivers that and more. Our clients have seen an average of 15% marketshare increases YOY with assistance of the available tools and features.

Cons

Limited local features - Cannot drill down to target cities as done in Google Ads. White label branding - This should be made available at a lower tier. Exporting keyword databases - Not available

Great tool for competitive analysis

I ha e been using SEMRush for 8 years. Compared to other tools in the same price bucket, SEMRush has always provided more value.

Pros

Ranking with the URL. Ad copies over the past months to analyze competitor behavior. SEO audit updates

Cons

Better social media display ad tracking over time

Excellent for SEO

Pros

This software is very comprehensive, which makes it excellent. You can use this tool to do competitor research, search for appropriate keywords to use in your articles, as well as show you how your website is performing against competitors. Not only that, but it will also give you SEO suggestions and tell you where you could improve. Furthermore, it shows you all the errors your website has and tells you why you should fix them and how to fix them.

Cons

The setup process may be confusing if you don't know what you are doing.

Hello Victoria, thank you very much for your feedback and the amazing review!

SEMRush ajuda muito no crescimento

Pros

A quantidade de palavras-chaves que acompanham é fundamental. Gostei também de acompanhar concorrentes

Cons

Os planos poderiam ter planos maiores para acompanhar em redes sociais

Hi Wendel! Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are really happy to hear how much you enjoy our tool.

Smart SEO Research

I have always had a positive experience with SEMrush. They are a supportive team and it is relatively easy to find up-to-date tutorials to help you to get the most out of their suite of tools. New features are being added all of the time, so the SEMrush team does a very good job of keeping pace with the changing world of SEO. They are clearly active in the community and work hard to share their expertise. With their 14 day trial offer you really cannot go wrong.

Pros

Easy to use in-depth backlink tool. The ability to export all data to spreadsheets for later use. This tool is continualy being improved and tweaked to keep pace with SEO changes. Everything you need to see how your competitors are ranking, so that you can replicate their success. The ability to set up multiple sign ins with the business plans makes it easy to set your VAs to work. The fact that SEMrush offers a free 14 day trial is a big plus. It is longer than other similar too providers allow, which is a very good thing. Just be sure to cancel properly if you decide it is not for you. It is particularly useful for generating content ideas that will actually draw in traffic and grow your site.

Cons

In general, customer support is excellent. Typically, they reply within a day, often less. But, it is clear that every now and again they get over stretched, so can take a little longer to get a reply. The monthly subscription is costly, but having said that this tool is one of the cheapest. So dollar for dollar it actually does represent excellent value for money.

SEMrush gives me a lot of advantages over my competitors!

I am pretty satisfied with SEMrush. It is a great online marketing tool.

Pros

I am a SEMrush user for the more than five years and it keeps on getting better. It gives me more confidence doing SEO because of the data it provides. SEMrush helped me to achieve higher rankings on the search engine. It has lots of advance features and all of them are really useful. Doing keyword search is a breeze, it has a large database of keywords and most of the results are relevant. The backlink analysis is also a useful feature but it needs a little improvement. Whether you're doing SEO or PPC, SEMrush is a must-have tool to stay on top.

Cons

Their pricing is not for everyone and the backlink analysis tool needs a little improvement. It can't see my recent backlinks.

Great for Data Collection

It was a great experience - very insightful to gain info and understand the niche market and their SEO practises.

Pros

Insightful information - the tool gives you easy access to all important paramerts for any business. The domain analytics feature gives you an overview about your buisness, your competitors, ranked keywords etc. You can easily navigate to competitorsdomain analytics from the anchor links and gather data on differences between your site SEO practises with the competitors and use this information to improve SEO for your own business. It also allows you to see the google ads, display and search and give you ideas about the posters and keywords that your competitors are using for there paid ad networds on google platform.

Cons

The tool is all about the information and data and does not provide me anything specific that I can use from here to fix my website SEO directly. The backlinks feature is great and allow you to contact sites to gain backlinks, however, there is no guarentee as it would again depend on their response.

Tool to Help You Kickstart and Maintain SEO Best Practices

Overall, our experience with SEMrush has been positive and we continue to use it to monitor our progress with SEO on our website.

Pros

This software offers various features that truly enable a marketing team to evaluate their current SEO standing, from backlinks to keyword tracking and more, and identify opportunities for optimization. One of my favorite features is the Keyword Manager tool that even sends me updates when a keyword has changed position on any one of our global sites. It's also incredibly customizable to be setup in the way your business is organized.

Cons

If you are unfamiliar with the software, it is not 100% user intuitive, meaning it does require some training, exploring, and experimenting to get the features and functionality down. As noted above, SEMrush can be customized to your business, but that can also lead to confusion for those who have never setup such a tool.

Essential

Fantastic and used at every company I have been with

Pros

Rely on semrush daily for SERP monitoring and assistance with writing site content that competes

Cons

Can be a bit fragmented and unsure where to go for what

All in One Traffic Analytics Tool

Overall superb experience.. can not find any drawback in this tool. The development team has already incorporated and improved a lot of features and it is an awesome experience to use this tool if you really have a great knowledge of this software..

Pros

Pros: Easily get to analyse the keywords, traffic, organic competitors, top ranking keywords, backlink analysis for different websites of different countries at one go... It becomes so easy to get an idea of how a website is performing in terms of online visitors, ranking and that too for a selected time frame.. It becomes easy to track the quality of a website. The kind of back link profile it has...

Cons

As such no con, just a suggestion that can we analyse the traffic of different sites at one go...At max 5?

Why you need SEMRush

It has been good. We can go to a prospect and show them where they are lacking in SEO. We can also check the work we have done. Can't imagine a world without SEMRush. I enjoy the active training the whole SEMRush ecosystem is involved in.

Pros

I could start using it right away and get something done. Though I am still learning all its functionality almost 3 years later.

Cons

There isn't a middle ground jump in reporting. The second you reach for another reporting tool you are on the hook for $200 more month. The other thing that can be annoying are the false positives. So I check up on it with another platform for validity.

A great tool for online marketing

Overall experience is good. I like the fact I can create a project for each site I manage. I like the fact SEMruah provides suggestions to improve the site. Definitely I can see improvement in my websites online presence.

Pros

Ease of keyword research and competitor analysis

Cons

Before you know it becomes expensive. Many features are not available with the basic plan

Hi Arman, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Favorite PPC tool for Google Ads

Great SEM and SEO tool for savvy marketers with a lot of useful features.

Pros

I am using SEMrush for various aspects of my PPC management starting from keyword research, competition analysis even for evaluating my own PPC activities. One of the best features which is new is Keyword Magic Tool. I like using them because it's very intuitive and you can get data and implement various filters. Analysis of competition PPC efforts from keywords to the ad copies can give you great insights whats really happens and where you can get new opportunities. There is also very useful tools for SEO starting from keyword tracking till the SEO content template.

Cons

Larger number of projects can be added into the starter plan.

Semrush is definitely the best SEO tool I used

Semrush gives me a bit of an edge when I want to evaluate a new client's ranking or positioning, it doesn't only let me know the technical info, but it also gives me instant solutions which supports my position, especially with new clients.

Pros

It was extremely helpful to get excellent results with my clients. One of Semrush's best features is the gap analysis. This feature helps you have a crystal clear analysis results, which will help you make decisions based on figuring out what is needed to rank higher on Search Engine Results.

Cons

The only thing that I would have wanted to change about Semrush is not a technical aspect in their SEO tool, it might be only the pricing of the Guru package, although I believe that their pricing for the Pro package is pretty good. Other than that, I do not find any cons at all, and I consider them almost perfect!

Hi Amr, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

SEMRush is SEO Power

I think SEMRush is a valuable tool in SEO strategy and audits. It's helped us identify what we can improve on and there's a ton more to it. This is a great tool for not only a solo-preneur who's in the market to understand how and what affects their search ranking, but also for an agency who manages SEO for their clients. Nothing to dislike considering the fact social listening comes included with SEO listening, which social profiles play a huge role in branding and reach nowadays.

Pros

SEMRush is a full-fledged powerhouse for SEO building strategy and SEO audits. It's pretty beefy, so I would only recommend it if you have the time and patience for SEO, as the software gives a ton of outlets in looking up actionable items for your SEO Strategy. The first thing that I really liked with SEMRush was the initial SEO audit of my site -- I was able to see what's good and what's bad about...

Cons

SEMRush is pretty awesome, nothing to dislike, but there's a learning curve and steep one in understanding the metrics behind what SEMRush shows you. If you're new to SEO, it'll be a bit tough in my opinion in understanding what to do in all the action items. However, if you have the patience, it'll work out.

Working with SEM Rush

So far my experiance has been great. Customer service answeers questions quickly.

Pros

This is the easiest software to use on the market. Not only that but it gives the data insights on customers that I need immediately. This is also software that is continually evolving, they are always adding new features.

Cons

My only drawback is cost. Moving up in the eco system can be tough.

SEMrush is the best overall tool of it's kind!

Overall, SEMrush is definitely the best in class SEO, PPC and digital marketing tool in general. While other tools can become a little more specialized in a specific field of digital (Moz for SEO, for example), SEMrush allows you utilize one tool for all insights, planning, tracking and reporting at a very affordable cost all things considered.

Pros

SEMrush offers insight into all things digital. In my experience with a few similar tools, SEMrush is the most comprehensive and easiest to use. It offers insights, reporting, tracking and planning for our clients' digital programs. We can even gain tons of insights into prospects' current digital marketing initiatives which helps close leads. It integrates with numerous other tools and is definitely a tool that will be the leader for at least the next few years.

Cons

It is costly if you've never spent anything on a software/tool like this before, though because of how many things it can do to enhance your service offering in the digital space, it is a necessary spend. Compared to other tools/software, cost is similar and thus would lead me to choose SEMrush all day long.

An absolute must for any serious SEO!

Mostly good, there are only issues with the payment structures and the costs for adding new users are really high. Would be great to include this in a package upgrade already.

Pros

It's comprehensive for everything you need for on-page SEO.

Cons

There should be more users included if your upgrade your package and also there should be other ways to pay than with credit cards.

Thank you for your great review, Adriana! We will pass your feedback related to the pricing structure to our team; have a great rest of your day!

Complete software but expensive extensions

Pros

A very complete tool to track all the SEO of your website

Cons

I think that for the price you pay is very limited, you can have very few projects and you can not group types of devices in each project of your website. Besides, how expensive it is to add new users. Every little detail makes the price even more expensive.

Thank you for reviewing SEMrush, Ester! We appreciate you taking the time to complete this.

Very useful tool that keeps getting better

Pros

SEMrush is a very useful tool in many ways. The site audit shows us broken links and what to update on pages to improve SEO. We use the keyword position tracking to track progress on our SEO goals. We use the site comparison tool to look for keyword opportunities for SEO and paid advertising. We also use the info to understand locations where our competitors are strong.

Cons

Sometimes it's a bit confusing to navigate.

Hi Tim, thank you very much for your review of our tools - we were happy to read you find SEMrush useful in many ways!

My Go-To SEO/SEM Tool

Overall, I have been very happy with SEMRush and feel that using the program has made me much better at search engine optimization

Pros

SEMRush is easy to use and offers great insight into your website performance. I have also found that their YouTube channel and other educational materials are very helpful.

Cons

Some of the insights provided by the program can be found within other free products. Some might say that SEMRush is expensive for what it provides.

Hi David, thank you so much for your review! We're happy to know you're content with the tools and educational resources!

It keeps our website stay on top!

SEMrush is our main SEO tool. It is a feature-packed software.

Pros

I use SEMrush to monitor our website. I can quickly see if our site has improved or declined. It also allows me to quickly see our traffic stats. Tracking your keywords is fast and somewhat accurate. Scouting whose ranking in the Top 10 is also available. Although, the data might be a little outdated. Doing Keyword research with SEMrush is very easy. They also offer keyword suggestions and related keywords that helps me find new content opportunity. The Domain vs. Domain feature is a really helpful tool to compare other domains with our website.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about SEMrush. It is all that I need for an all-in-one SEO software.

All Around SEO Tool

Pros

It has a lot of features that can be used not only for SEO but SEM as well.

Cons

The keyword research tool does not have too much data for other countries outside the U.S.

SEMRush is a great short term SEO helper

Pros

Often we utilize SEMRush for a broad range of things related to digital marketing. The most important tool by far for my day-to-day job is the keyword ranking tool, since it's imperative that I can consistently demonstrate that we are outperforming competitors in search. The website SEO tool is useful as well but should be utilized with a grain of salt. We fixed quite a few small issues using suggestions from SEMRush, but it crawls pages that are set to noindex, so it often finds issues that aren't relevant to your actual ranking.

Cons

Price per month is steep, and a waste of money in my opinion if you aren't going to really milk as much usefulness out of the product as possible. Like most tools, traffic is reported incorrectly on competitors' websites since that data isn't publicly available. Crawler leaves a lot to be desired from an accuracy standpoint.

Everything but their Disavow service is great!

Overall, a great tools I've been using for years for content and competitor research. Very insightful and quite affordable. Good job!

Pros

Historical data!!! This is the main reason I am using the tool. You can access rankings history for any website and go years back to analyze how they were changing. Also, from my using alternatives, it seems to be the biggest index of queries and historical data for each one. The keyword difficulty metric is helpful when selecting a keyword to compete for. Works very well for predicting how easy it is going to be to rank for a certain phrase.

Cons

Please kill the Disavow tool. It causes lots of confusion. We've been dealing with clients who got very legit links disavowed causing rankings loss. The industry is scared enough: Any time website owners get a new link, they have to wonder if it's going to cause trouble rather than an authority boost. Disavowing cannot and should not be automated. Plus, more often than not, smaller publishers who don't buy links (and never did) don't even have to worry about disavowing.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.