SlickText Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.23/10

Reviews by rating

My overall experience with SlickText has been GREAT!!! 1-10, I'd definitely give it a 10. The product is great and the customer service is top teir.
My overall experience with SlickText has been an absolute joy. They are kind, courteous, and knowledgable.
Super easy to use, reasonable pricing for Small businesses, great & quick customer service, and awesome features like bday list as well as automatic conditions that allow you to customize lists.
They didn’t cancel our account and continued to bill us for 12 months. When we called to cancel for the second time they argued with us and refused to hear our complaint.
Terrible service, refused to cancel our account when we no longer using the service.
Inability to track full urls & necessity of using a "from" number that is not ours.

JD G.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Makes Communication with Staff Easy

I've been using this software for the last couple years to communicate with our staff about events, policy changes, etc and its awesome! It's relatively inexpensive and easy to use and any time I have noticed any bugs or issues, they address my concerns immediately! I highly recommend them!

Pros

The simplicity is my favorite thing about this software! It really is easy to use and now that they offer an app, it's even more easy and convenient.

Cons

I wish I could send emojis in messages. I also wish that when sending pictures or gifs, it would automatically resize them to an appropriate size to send out...now I have to go out and do it on my own which can be difficult.

AM

Alice M.

Public Safety, 1-10 employees

Easy Affordable way to get your message out!

I've been completely happy. So affordable that I have stepped up my plan as our followers grow. Money well spent!

Pros

I love that it is so easy to send a message and watch your followers grow. Great and efficient way to raise public awareness, with notifications and a way for our followers to take action. The Support staff make themselves available, are knowledgable and patient.

Cons

I wish it was easier to attack photos and links.

BW

Britni W.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Small business owner

I wish it had more features for the money

Pros

I was able to send mass text messages. I could create at least one group.

Cons

It was hard to navigate. I need more visual tutorials.

TM

Trevor M.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Pros

Simple but featurepacked. Beats something like clicksend in features with better pricing models.

Cons

There is some confusions but ultimately, they have superb customer service to lead you in the right direction.

JA

Jenni A.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Easy Texting

I've reached out to Customer Service, via chat, multiple times. Each time they are quick, informative and friendly.

Pros

Easy to use, simple to navigate, and their customer service is top notch.

Cons

Notification alerts are almost non-existent which isn't ideal.

AH

Arnita H.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Love Love Love SlickText - A Game Changer Indeed!

Communication is very important, we have a team of over 200 independent contractors. It became impossible for me to effectively and efficiently market our team events, encourage our team, and communicate important messages to every member on a timely and personalized way. Most times, only 25% of my team received a message. Now with SlickText the problem as been totally solved. I am saving so much time and everyone receives the important communications in a personalized way.

Pros

The product is a life safer! Before SlickText I was sending an individual text to each member on my team. We have over 200 members, so this became impossible and very inefficient. SlickText empowered me to send a personalized message with the stroke of a finger. It was very easy to set up and very affordable. I love the flexibility from month to month to upsize or downsize my usage as needed.

Cons

The integration was easy, the Youtubes were very helpful. There are many features that I am not using yet, but my main goal was to send a message one time and my entire team receives it. I got more than what I expected with the scheduling feature and with the personalized messages as well as the images

CM

Chelsea M.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

An Event Planner's Dream!

Nice, intuitive platform with outgoing, helpful team members (when you need it)!

Pros

SlickText is super easy and intuitive to use. I am the type who likes to get under the hood and poke around first, so I did just that with the trial, and then I was able to chat with the SlickText team about any outstanding questions I had. I am SO grateful to those who helped me spearhead my first event with a new company, and we seriously got so many compliments on how communicative we were through texts. I made a joke about how we're getting the kudos for something I pre-planned a week before the event and basically forgot about.

Cons

I think there's some room for growth in the segmenting/text group experience, but it really wasn't a make or break at all, and I figured out a solution for my specific use case by reaching out through chat, and it was super easy from there!

CG

Claudia G.

Events Services, self-employed

Amazing service!

Love it so effective for what we need!

Pros

How fast and easy the service is! Automated and specific it keeps our leads engaged

Cons

We sometimes need some tailoring to the amount of texts we need, but we manage

CR

Carolina R.

Philanthropy, 11-50 employees

Why to chose slick text!

Overall the experience we have had with Slick Text has been phenomenal! The customer service is top notch and the sales reps truly care about finding the best fit for your organization! It feels like you are truly part of the slick text team and not just a stream of income!

Pros

Slick text is user-friendly and easy for everyone to learn! It is also quick to implement and set up! You can start texting your audience on the day you sign up!

Cons

I don't think there is anything I dislike about slick text. It would be amazing if the roll over texts didn't expire but usually that is not an issue as we seem to always use up our texts on time!

JP

Julianne P.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

SMS marketing made easy!

Slicktext has helped me build my contact list, I wish I would’ve found them even sooner!

Pros

Most importantly I love how user friendly it is, I had tried two separate site prior and had horrible experiences. This is beginning friendly, priced reasonably and the customer service is amazing! I had someone on the team reach out via phone & email to check on how my free trial was going and offer a deal to sign up (which I was already planning to do because I loved the site so much)! It has became a critical part of my brand & is an amazing way to interact with my followers daily!

Cons

Nothing to be honest, I was able to figure everything out super fast & have had no issues at all. The only thing is maybe my time zone being different but I’m sure that something I could’ve set/ fixed in the settings of course.

LD

Lee D.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

User friendly with top notch tech support!

The benefits of the text service comes from the user base we have as we read their reviews of how great it was having timely information of the most recent fire.

Pros

Having the option to send photos and videos is key to what we do. Unused roll over texts units answer the question, "what if we don't use all the data"? After using the Slick Text product for several months now, it has become clear that their Tech Support Personnel is the selling component of the the company! Nobody wants to buy a product and not get great after care while trying to learn it. This support team has it together!

Cons

There have been a few items that I have asked tech support to do and learned it can't be accomplished. More of a software issue than anything else however, they were able to figure out how to fix it by going above it differently.

ML

Madison L.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Simple & Effective Company Messaging!

It’s great. We can get a message out quickly and anyone can operate it!

Pros

We love how easy it is to send a message out & the option 2 way messaging! All the features are great! We love SlickText!

Cons

I do wish there was an option to add multiple ‘text words’ to a contact versus adding them again under another one.

DS

Daniel S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Better than the competition

Overall experience is good. Will continue to use SlickText if they continue to fight back against the carriers.

Pros

I like how reliable it is compared to other softwares I have used. The delivered rate is better and when carriers block numbers, the customer support is there to help.

Cons

The functionality of incoming messages isnt the best. Could be a little more organized.

LD

Lynar D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Slicktext for Small Biz

good. when we had access to over the phone help it was always easy to get a hold of someone and questions were answered. I have done the online chat and that is easy as well.

Pros

It is easy to use on a desktop interface which is important because sometimes you have to send a message quickly.

Cons

When you hit 'enter' it sends the text. It is just a matter of retraining the fingers. Also, more characters would be helpful.

MB

Mahmood B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Made it communication with our customers a breeze

I am delighted I chose SlickText over the competitors. The customer care is quick, responsive, and understands our needs completely. Scheduling messages, having people subscribe to our weekly text and categorizing customers based on their needs/usage have never been more accessible. Overall, I would highly recommend SlickText.

Pros

The intuitive design is what I liked the most about this software. This is the first time of me using any of this kind of service and it took me less than 15 minutes to understand all the different features. It also has videos on each function if someone wants to get an idea. The trial with free messages also helped us evaluate the software.

Cons

To the extent that we use the software, we are yet to find any specific features or lack of feature in that sense.

Nachi S.

My experience with SlickText & Jessica has been one that has filled me with exhales & excited gasps.

I was able to get a lot more intimate with the folks on my list as well as grow my list. People found JOY in hearing from me and I could feel that. That's exactly what I want, especially for my purposes and objectives. Slick text made it very easy for me to say YES to them and to introducing text/sms to my business as a way to connect to the people I serve. I have already began recommending the software. I wish it was wider than the USA.

Pros

I like the geographic data the software captures. It helps me see where my opt-ins are and I'm able to cater to what's going on in their part of the world (USA). Also, the personalization, the graphs, and the knowledge of whether or not people clicked on my links. It's basically e-mail... but bite-sized, friendlier, and intimate - Exactly how I want my people to feel about hearing from me.

Cons

Being able to add personalization at the click of a button (in the composing text window) would be great, being integrated to mailerlite (my e-mailing system),

AL

Andrew L.

They are very responsive and offer a reliable texting platform. Jessica is a great customer rep

Pros

The ability to attach mobile coupons to individual text message. The process of sending a message is very simply

Cons

Wish I could put unique coupon codes on campaigns so that each customer would get their own code, occasionally have a text go out later than time desired

Hi Andrew! Thanks for your positive feedback. We love having you on board! We actually do offer unique promo codes, here's a tutorial showing you how to take advantage of that feature. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbMIWOyiEo4 If you have any questions, or want someone to walk you through this feature, give us a call at 1.800.688.6290 or shoot us an email at info@slicktext.com. Have a great day!

JJ

Jamila J.

Publishing, self-employed

Great text messaging software!

This is the most direct way I've found to reach my readers. You see a higher CTR than email by a lot. The customer service chat on the site is also great and I've had a good experience with that.

Pros

I like how easy it is to schedule text messages and all the tutorials that come with every part of the site.

Cons

I think the cost could be improved and it would be nice not to get charged extra for media. Considering the cost, I think they do their best to offer a great product with flexible options.

JM

Jaye M.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

SlickText is for all business it just small business

Over , SlickText is above above average in competition. Affordable and effective

Pros

Pricing , easy to use , scheduling is is easy , keyword management is above average

Cons

Nothing I lease like about it . If products don’t work for us we don’t use them

YG

Yessenia G.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

SlickText is Great for Mass Contacting

Overall, SlickText is an essential part of communicating with our agents. It is just right for what we are using it for which is standard text reminders. I'd recommend to fellow businesses.

Pros

The feature that impacts our business the most is the multiple groups you are able to send messages to. The fact that unused messages roll over is very important for us. Also, the fact that is so easy to use anyone can learn this system fairly easily and that helps our processes.

Cons

I believe that the contacts portion of SlickText can be more robust. It is pretty standard which makes it user friendly, but it would be nice to be able to put a contact in more than 1 group without having to manually add all their information to another group.

MR

Maricela R.

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

Slicktext is Beginner Friendly into the SMS Marketing!

Overall it has been a great asset.

Pros

We love the ability to mass send messages about promotions, company updates, and get a better feel of how our customers buy.

Cons

We would like to have the ability to export the data generated by individual text words and also have the ability to compare within the program.

RR

Ravi R.

Design, self-employed

Good option for large businesses

Great support, good marketing features, however pricy for small businesses.

Pros

SlickText offers good marketing features, however their pricing is more friendly towards large businesses than smaller startups. That being said, a solid option.

Cons

SlickText's pricing is not very startup-friendly.

SP

Sonia P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Awesome Tool

Outstanding Tool

Pros

Fast and quick to get up an going the first time in use

Cons

I do not understand all the features need some education

MG

Mara G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I love using SlickText

Pros

I really love using SlickText. It makes it easy to send promotions out to our SMS subscribers in tandem with our email marketing. Because of that we have seen an increase in response rate. Also their customer services is really the best. I was actually going to use another company, but I every time I called no one would answer the phone. I called SlickText, they answered, and I am so glad they did.

Cons

I feel like it's a little pricy but I also understand why they charge what they do and they are comparable to the other options I looked into. I just feel SMS marketing in general is pricy.

KT

Kirk T.

Absolutely Incredible! Love it!

Pros

Ease of use, and customer support is top notch! Jessica is always great to work with, helpful and responsive, and has easily solved all our needs really quickly. We've had fantastic results so far, and look forward to continued success with SlickText.