Snapchat Logo

1,052 reviews

mN

muskan N.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

larger than life app to express your inner self

- I loved it always and has a user almost since beginning. - It just perfectly makes my life more visible to the people I want to share with - Its streaks feature always makes you feel more lively in daily routine life and helps you stay keep connected

Pros

Snapchat makes it easy for you keep your near and dear ones updated with what you are currently doing and feeling. - It also makes express your mood freely and you can update number of pictures without having the stress to select only the best ones.

Cons

- I do spend a lot of time on snapchat, its lovely but time consuming. - I can blame it completely as it does improve my mood and provides entertainment as well.

Ibrahim T.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

All in one app

I’m using snapchat for more than 3 years and It’s now a big part of my day and I’ll keep using it because of all the features that satisfies any user.

Pros

The app has very catch interface. I always use its camera filters. I send streaks with my friends and chat with them on it. It’s very private as well since you’re choosing whether to keep the chat or leave it on auto delete option. It’s very smooth as well in drop shipping marketing and all of these business uses. So it’s basically can be used personally or professionally and this is the intelligence of this app.

Cons

Some features are still not available in the middle east

GM

Gabriel M.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Great Idea, and Platform!

Pros

Snapchat is the best short video app since Vine. They came out with an original and smart idea, and you can tell it was successful, because so many other companies quickly stole and modified their ideas and still do! (I'm looking at you Instagram & Facebook). They still have the best filters, interface, and the best business options for their model. Since they partnered with Bitmoji (or took it over? I'm not sure) It's grown even more and has even more value as both a consumer and as a marketer. Their business options include being able to create filters for your own events, creating a channel for your business (if you have a social channels or content to upload) which adds value to your offering as a business. Its smart, fun, and attention grabbing!

Cons

The only real problem with Snapchat is that it now has to compete with big Social media companies like Instagram who quickly hopped on the short vide "story" train. The advantage to Snapchat is that they are unique and they keep adding value constantly. But Instagram and Facebook have the advantage of going to fewer places for your media consumption. If you are happy to keep then all separate, then it's no issue!

AK

Athina K.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Good to reach mostly young audiences

Pros

Snapchat is very good for engaging young people and audiences that seek more immediate and direct content. You have some good geofilters and location-based marketing options, but what's best is the super easy discover part that is great for better reach and visibility.

Cons

A bit limiting if you want to reach broader target audiences. The analytics tools are a bit limiting compared to other social media platforms or marketing tools, as well as its scheduling options.

NA

Naheel A.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

for customer services

my favorite since 5 years ago I use snapchat for more privacy in social life no one can see who follows me and who I am following

Pros

software is very easy to use and my favorite unique thing on Snapchat is Snapchat streak that keeps you connected to your friends on a daily basis

Cons

sometimes the quality of the camera at night is not clear for iPhone7 users

Music, self-employed

Snapchat

I haven’t had a negative experience with Snapchat or Snapchat business yet. You can run campaigns easily, you can engage your audience in a different way than you could on other social media platforms.

Pros

I like the functionality and ease of use. The campaign ads are not expensive and it’s very easy tracking engagement and audience. I like how you can automate posts or post on your own time. It’s fast and easy designing a campaign and the money invested is worth it. I noticed a difference when I started using Snapchat as a business.

Cons

It’s not a big platform like TikTok or Instagram, but still has some traction.

Ml

Mohamed lotfy W.

My experience with Snapchat

Easy to use it only takes a few minutes for the user to learn how to use itThe application allows users to stay in constant contact with each other and to know each other's daily details by sending snapshots of photos or videos at any time

Pros

Good application in terms of usecommunicate faster between the people around me

Cons

Anyone can search for friends through the search engine and thus peoples information is obtained through the Snapchat databaseThe emergence of a Snapchat hacker program through which all photos and videos that were sent between friends can be saved, even after scanning and deleting them without the sender noticing that

AA

Amy A.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Not Just For Selfies

Snapchat is at it's core fun. It's easy to use and gives us the opportunity to stay connected with our patrons and let them know about library resources and events in an approachable media platform. Many might not think of snapchat as a Library PR tool but we find it a really great resource.

Pros

As a public library director my staff and I are always looking for ways to wear several hats and stretch a budget on the daily. Snapchat has let us create some quick, fun and attention getting PR type videos and photos within minutes and have them posted to social media almost immediately.

Cons

There's always the argument that social media can be too pop culture based. But social media is where our patrons are at and what our younger library users are used to. You have to evolve to stay relevant so honestly I don't have a con.

Syed Ali H.

Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

Snapchat Benefits and Features

Overall it's great application for picture editing, social networking and business promotion. It also help you to promote your product within your network. In Snapchat you can also share your daily stories and content.

Pros

The best about Snapchat is pictures filter. in Snapchat you can edit your picture and can apply multiple crazy filter which make your picture more beautiful and charming. Further you don't need to worry about that your picture save in Snapchat data base because in Snapchat picture save on temporary basis and automatically delete after a day until you personally want to save it.

Cons

Unlike other social networking app Snapchat does not allow you to share other content or picture which irritate user. Further in Snapchat you can only upload 10 second videos due to which you can't upload large video in one go.

AA

Avery A.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

A fun unique way to engage with your friends and family

Snapchat has been a very influential app for me. I've used it for all types of things, whether it was for promoting my business or bringing joy to viewers with funny videos. It revolutionized how I communicate with people, and I'm very thankful for it.

Pros

Snapchat is very simple, and that's what makes it thrive. I've created promos/videos from the snapchat software and shared it on my other social media applications. It's a platform thats simplified, but thrives on the complexity of videos that users make. Also, the ability to chat with a group of others is a great feature that I have enjoyed. The filters are second to none. Those filters creates so much joy in my friend group! Snapchat thrives with it's uniqueness!

Cons

There isn't a way to play a snap again more than once. Wish it had just one or two more replay tries.

Public Relations and Communications, 201-500 employees

A great opportunity to reach younger demographics on social media

Pros

Snapchat is one of the most powerful platforms to reach the 14-32 age bracket. As a business, the platform allows you to setup your own filters to cover specific geographical areas (concerts, events, etc...) If you reach out to their business development unit, you might also be able to utilise some of their more powerful features such as 3rd lenses, virtual reality and the publisher section. We've used Snapchat for more than 5 years now, and it was the perfect platform to convert clicks into actual purchases.

Cons

The platform's nature of stories is not always appealing to us as content creators, because that means that our content is gone once 24 hours have passed. The dimensions were also a hassle, we have to redesign our content to fit the dimensions of Snapchat and Instagram stories.

Stephanie S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Snapchat's Filters Are Awesome

My overall experience with Snapchat would be positive for the most part. Their filters are pretty cool and fun to do and I also like watching the "Murder with my Husband" stories on the Subscriptions section; those are always interesting and fun to watch.

Pros

What I like most about Snapchat are the different filters you can use. The filters change often and usually they are fun filters.

Cons

What I liked least about Snapchat is the "Stories" feature, and I'll give a few reasons why. In the stories feature, they would put your emoji in a story with one of your friends that you message a lot. I was very distraught about a few of the stories because they had made a story with two of my exes in it and it just brought up hurtful memories. I'm not sure if they make stories based on the content between the two people or what but if they would've seen my content with my exes they would know they were my ex and I was very hurt by them. That's the main feature I didn't like at all.

ao

abood o.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

One of the best applications that I have worked on for easy access to friends and has set up ads

Connect with friends: Snapchat provides an easy and direct way to communicate with friends through text conversations, photos and videos Share stories and events Explore content Please note that people's experience varies according to their personal interests and how they use the app

Pros

Share photos and videos Interrupted stories Filters and visual effects Live communication and conversations

Cons

Short content shelf life: Snapchat's Stories feature is temporary and lasts only 24 hours before the complex user experience disappears Multiplicity of spam: Some users can find some inappropriate or annoying content on Snapchat

QH

Qusai H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I enjoy using Snapchat very much

I have a lot of experiences with the wonderful Snapchat application that I use in all fields of photography and filters and share them with friends .

Pros

A great application, I love using this application in photography, because it provides great advantages in photography such as accuracy and clarity in photography, in addition to the new updates to the application that are continuous during each month .

Cons

There are a lot of modifications to be added to raise this application to the best level, facilitate navigation between pages, add filters suitable for all ages and all fields .

NC

Ninon C.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

A very usefull app evoluating perfectly

I have been using snapchat for 6 years now and it has been my main app to communicate with my friends. It is fast and easy to use, all the aspects in images or videos or sounds are a perfect variety of ways to answer.

Pros

Snapchat is the most perfect and easy to use app, in terms of quality of image or different aspects to use it. The vocal messages are convenient and the reactions to chats also are the best way to answer easely.

Cons

Sometimes the app is no longer working for at least 24h and we can't use our main way of communication anymore, but hopefully it does not happen frequently.

kc

kile c.

A Review of Snapchat from a AVERAGE joe

overall for the past 7 years, ive loved snap chat , developed a lot of close relationships using the snap chat app.

Pros

the fact that my messages, pictures and stories get deleted! and that if someone snaps the photo , it will alert me. this makes keeping a eye on your social media much more in your control and observation. We all like to know whos checking us out :P

Cons

Some of the filters are not really my style, however they are nice to have for diversity, but overall i find filters not for me, however i do understand they are good value to those who like them.

Keziah M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Snapchat Cool, fun but getting outdated

Compared to its competitors they should really put in some more work.

Pros

Like many other people, I would definitely say that Snapchat filters are really awesome and really fun to use. I love that it has many people who can convert to be your audience/clients. its stories feature made and the option they offer of adding music to your videos was great through Instagram one of its now biggest competitors have taken this up and really doing a great job as well. The thing that I love most about Snapchat is that it notifies one when someone saves your snaps and when one views your streaks a couple of times.

Cons

I feel like this software isn't really user-friendly as its competitors something that has made me uninstall the app a couple of times. A new user actually finds it very difficult to maneuver

CC

Chelsian C.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

My experience with Snapchat

Snapchat has also been great for entertainment purposes. Overall it has been great.

Pros

On this platform users have the freedom to make it an advertisement medium, marketing medium, or a promotion medium. Users can also take pictures and videos on Snapchat. Snapchat has a wide variety of filters which can enhance the beauty of an image whether when taking a picture or a video. Snapchat allow users to save their content or even download their content to their device storage.

Cons

What I least like about this platform is the content you post on there has a 24 hours time limit. Hence, in order to do effective marketing a user has to either make and post new content everyday or repost their content daily. Microsoft documents and PDFs cannot be shared through this platform.

ss

stella s.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Snapchat Review!

I can really reach out to my customers, and make them feel at home. Snapchat is just so "chill" to the point where its a basic casual social media. I always ask my favorite customers for their social media!

Pros

I really like how simple it is to use. I can easily snap my friends, and show them my artworks. This is also a really great place to advertise. I usually put art on my story, and sometimes customers come through wanting to buy it! I also love the little mini games they have. When I'm bored, I can just hop on Snapchat and play games with my friends!

Cons

It can be really laggy for old Iphone users. When I video call my friends its a NIGHTMARE! I have so much lag that sometimes I cant even hear them. Also with the minigames. I really love them, but they can be very laggy for old phone users!

Shaharyar S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Snapchat - The Best Multimedia Messeging App

My overall experience is very good, I'll recommend you to try this "fun app" you might not have used this type of app before.

Pros

The most brilliant feature in Snapchat is it's filter. It's real time filter some times amaze me. As they are pioneer in making stories, I always loved to view Snapchat stories. Moreover it is the only "multimedia messaging" app I've ever used in my life. So Snapchat is the best fun app with a unique concept of "Snap Streaks".

Cons

Honestly the most irritating thing I found on Snapchat is we cannot save "chats" in Snapchat. apart from this, I like all the feature in Snapchat, it is unique app.

AI

Alqama I.

Best app I have ever used since last 2 years

It was really wonderful using this app as this helped me in making friends

Pros

I like the filters that it uses for every festival and important dates that are very close to us

Cons

I didn't like the paid system for the things that should be free

‪K

‪Younes K.

Retail, 51-200 employees

I'm really a fan of Snapchat

My experience with Snapchat is really fun. I have a lot of memories with friends on the app. I enjoyed the interactive and fun features and sharing my photos and videos and a lot of stories. It’s really fun.

Pros

I liked many of the features in Snapchat, including sharing my daily moments in the application in an easy and quick way. I also liked the effects and filters that added creative touches to my content.

Cons

I am dissatisfied with the temporary communication feature and the disappearance of messages after a specific time, and taking up a lot of storage space and battery

Retail, 51-200 employees

¿Ventajas de Snapchat?

En general la he usado para contactar gente, seguir influencers, etc. pero con fines mercadológicos ha sido muy poco pues siento que en México no es popular.

Pros

Evidentemente esta app es precursora de muchos de los servicios y utilidades que actualmente ofrecen otros y fue muy innovadora y entretenida en su tiempo, lo que más me gusta por su puesto son las historias y los contactos profesionales que puedes lograr tener a través de ella

Cons

Siento que se ha perdido en cuanto a innovación y por ende otros gigantes se le están comiendo el mercado por lo que me ha costado incluirla dentro de mi estrategia de marketing digital

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

CD

Chandan D.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Snapchat

overall experience is good with Snapchat

Pros

Best review for the snapchat is there social life and camera they are easy to use and very interesting filter are also have

Cons

i would mostly use Instagram but sometime i use snapchat

DM

Dezeray M.

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Snapchat Review

Pros

I love that it allows me to free space from my text messages. Its great that you have the option to save important photos and let the unimportant vanish. It has fun stickers and tags to share.

Cons

It's a fun distraction