Acquia DAM (Widen) Logo

Digital asset management with service beyond compare

Acquia DAM (Widen) Reviews - Page 3

TC

Trevor C.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Made Our Commercial Archive Pretty and User Friendly

Widen has allowed our agency to maintain our commercial assets easily and has streamlined my job allowing me to take on different responsibilities elsewhere at work.

Pros

This software is incredibly helpful for storing our vast collection of assets. It allows for easy organization and I'm able to find anything I need easily through name or metadata searches. It also has a relatively quick download speed for when you need something off the cloud in a hurry. Their Portals have simplified the way that we can show clients current campaigns and it's given us the ability to send individual commercials to clients with ease, and as a bonus, it's all available on mobile.

Cons

Widen just updated with a new upload mode, which would be fine, however, they completely removed the drag and drop option on the Widen homepage.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

My Widen DAM Review

Using Widen’s DAM to organize our assets has greatly reduced our marketing teams time spent hunting for images.

Pros

My favorite things about Widen’s DAM software include an easy to navigate interface, very intuitive searching capabilities, customizable metadata fields for great detail to be attributed to assets, the ability to download files in multiple files types (fairly quick conversion depending on size of original file), the ability to customize your login screen and home screen (keeping everything on-brand is important!), and their customer support team is amazing.

Cons

I feel that the asset sharing options could be expanded upon. Currently, you can type an email in and send a set of assets. I would like to see additional options implemented because it feels fairly limited currently.

CC

Corey C.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Widen sits at the pinnacle of the DAM world

I have been a constant user of the Widen Media Collective for almost 5 years and have no problem saying that it is the best digital asset management system that I have used in almost 20 years of DAM experience. Not only is their product superb, but what really sets them apart from other vendors is the quality of their customer service. When you become a Widen customer, you become part of the Widen family, and they take care of you. I honestly can't say enough about them.

Pros

Very user-friendly UI, free functionality upgrades, wider range of customizability than other DAM systems.

Cons

Minor cosmetic issues.

Jessica B.

The best product and service on the market

Pros

The ability to organize and share digital assets from all across our global company into one central location has been incredible. It empowers our employees to quickly find the approved assets that they need.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard to come up with something. Everything about Widen from the software to the people is fantastic. If I were to pick something...it might be that there are so many options for customization, that I wish I had 2 days to just sit and go through each one. Unfortunately, I'm too busy to do this, so I just ask my CXM how to do something and he quickly responds to an email, same day.

David B.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great customer service, early communication around big and small changes, the best DAM tool we use!

Reliability of asset storage, access anywhere, share multiple assets in many different outputs with ease.

Pros

It's the one place for all content to live and get shared out across multiple platforms. Support for project management (through Workflow) and creative implementation (through Adobe CC Connector) enhances our productivity and helps us get our jobs done faster.

Cons

The software seems sluggish and lags when you want it to go fast. File processing and scrolling through assets is where I've noticed this the most. The uploading process also needs to be cleaned up and more inviting to users.

Lara B.

1,001-5,000 employees

Widen's DAM system is intuitive for our users and has made sharing assets effortless

Pros

It is very easy for me to onboard people, I don't really have to do much training since the program is so intuitive. I am able to permission out who sees what. Widen's customer service is also second to none with any software company I've ever worked with.

Cons

There are a few minor things, but nothing major that would make me start looking into other solutions. One example being that I wish we could organize global collections better

SD

Sean D.

A Valuable Product

Overall, Widen's digital asset management system is great! It is the perfect combination of OOTB design and customization opportunity such that any company can implement this product to fit their needs while not feeling overwhelmed. In general the product is really easy to use. My interns pick this product up with about 15 minutes of training. Now much of the usability of the system depends upon each company's ability to implement effective taxonomy on their site. In addition, Widen is a great company to work with. They are always looking for the next best feature to implement. And their support is immediate and effective. I love working with Widen as much as I love working with Widen's product. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use. A great combination of OOTB design and customization that it can meet many companies' needs without being overwhelming OOTB. The new UI upgrade also came with a boost in performance that is felt in every step of using this product. The analytics tool is also much improved and now offers greater insight into my users' activity within the system.

Cons

There are certainly a limited number of cons with the system. Perhaps the largest is really rather minor, and that is some of the taxonomy can be confusing. For example, deleting an asset from your cart is actually deleting the asset, not just removing it from the cart. While their taxonomy makes more sense, it conflicts with major sites like amazon.com and therefore offers some confusion.

JJ

Jon J.

Efficient and convenient way to maximize the use of our digital assets.

Pros

The cloud-based system is very convenient, as is the level of customization for our specific needs. Very easy to upload, access and share photos and video clips with anyone we want, all in a secure environment.

Cons

Properly tagging uploaded assets can take some time, and while it's not the software's fault, the time commitment to maximize our use of the DAM system is the biggest issue we have to manage on an ongoing basis.

FM

Fabio M.

Chemicals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Widen Collective - very satisfied

Pros

Product is very easy to use, If i have to send documentation to customer i have just to click on "share" and send the link, avoiding send big attachments by mail. Also search engine is very good!

Cons

At the moment Widen is not integrated with Salesforce, i don't know if is a decision of my Company or if is not possible the integration

TB

Tegan B.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best in Class

Pros

Our organization has been using Widen for a year and it has transformed the way we share information both internally and with our external business partners. The system makes it easy to load and maintain content. Unlike our former proprietary system which was prone to system errors, Widen makes uploading, sharing, and downloading content easy. Widen has truly been one of the most impactful changes to our internal communication over the past year and I am looking forward to continue increasing our use as a company. Thanks for everything Widen!

Cons

One area for improvement would be increasing the variety of image types that can be downloaded from our image collection.

KH

Kala H.

Widen Collective

The Digital Asset System was put in place to provide easy access to assets owned by Trek Bicycle Corporation for those internally and externally. These assets can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night. It's an invaluable tool for our dealers, distributors, and international offices. ' The Media Template is an online ad, and media builder. It allows Trek to control brand consistency, while it allows our users to build media in minutes using pre-approved images and text without the need of expensive software programs. We use this portion of the site to provide promotional items and in store signage to our large dealer base. Overall, I think the Widen collective is a great product and I really enjoy working with Widen.

Pros

Good customer support Robust reporting features Assets can be downloaded in a variety of file formats Various types of file formats are supported Permissions can be setup to protect assets Users can access the site through a standard web browser Media can be built in minutes without needing expensive software programs Assets/media can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night Software updates made throughout the year

Cons

Pages can be slow to load at times Reporting tools can be confusing Custom enhancements to the site can be expensive Some education is needed for new users of the site The site is not setup for printing on demand Home page can be confusing if your site includes the DAM and the media builder

Michele S.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

Widen DAM Review

I love the ability to weigh in on roadmap projects. Widen really takes the time to listen to their clients

Pros

Easy to use. Secure. Excellent support and development teams. Flexibility of features

Cons

I could really use the ability to link raw assets with compound documents. This is currently a manual process and time consuming.

KB

Kara B.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Impressive DAM with great customer support

Implementation with Widen was so smooth and the Widen team was knowledgeable and helpful. They broke down the implementation process into manageable steps and answered all questions we had in a timely manner. Our users find it so much more user-friendly than our old DAM!

Pros

We love portals! We may be even using them more than intended - we find that portals are the most user-friendly way to surface the right assets to our users!

Cons

We do have some features that we'd like improved or added, but Widen is all about customer feedback, so I feel heard when I make new feature requests.

TE

Taylor E.

Machinery, 5,001-10,000 employees

Always willing to cater the software to your needs

Insights, ease of finding assets, ease of transferring files, ease of distributing information.

Pros

Easy to use and customizable. Very rarely goes down and is always reliable. Easy to teach people how to use

Cons

The only thing I do not like about the software is how hard it is to figure out what the most important insights are. I love that we have all the information but I would like to understand it better

AD

Andrea D.

Marketing and Advertising,

Widen Collective always reliable

I have been using Widen collective since 2008 and I have always been happy with the software. It's an easy way to send high-resolution photos and videos to our clients and talent.

Pros

It's an easy way to send high-resolution photos and video to our clients.

Cons

It's hard to find the 'order's I have previously done. Sometimes I like to put the orders back in my cart to re-send but I can't seem to find how to do that anymore.

Carolyn R.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Highly positive experience, with ease of use and great customer service!

We learned more about DAM management and learned to love it!

Pros

It's so easy and intuitive to use. The metadata search boxes on the side help narrow and refine the search. And the customer service can't be beat!

Cons

I don't like how the collections can't be edited between users. We have had to figure out a workaround to be able to share and edit the same collections.

AS

Abbas S.

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Invaluable Resource for Digital Asset Management

Pros

Digital assets are organized very intuitively and can be accessed/downloaded with great ease.

Cons

Searching for specific assets would be made easier if end-users could include additional criteria to narrow down their search (i.e. duration of video assets, file format)

Kevin P.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Widen Collective is the best DAM tool we have used.

Pros

The user interface is so simply we can add new users quickly and easily and they can find assets with a minimal amount of training.

Cons

Some of the role permissions arent explained ver well. There were a few settings we needed to have turned on in order for users to be able to use the system effectively.

AM

Amanda M.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Solid Software with Helpful Features

Pros

Being able to choose multiple files to download and to see the files you've selected.

Cons

Occasionally not being able to download an alternate file type from the original version of the file. For example, sometimes it won't download a 1000x1000 jpg of a file that was originally uploaded as a PSD.

SH

Sean H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

The company was the best and remains the best because they deliver a quality product

Pros

Customer service is personal. People ask and care about your user experience and guide you from start to your entire use of the tool.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad. But what I like least is that collections appear in categories. This only is problematic when batch editing. But it can be filtered.

ma

marco antonio o.

Cosmetics, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extremely easy to find what do you want in seconds.

Before I use this tool, I used to waste a lot of time to find the right asset. This tool improved a lot my productivity

Pros

You can find whatever you want in seconds, also you can filter as much as you need and the best thing that I love is the option to create your own collection. This function is so helpful!! Another point is the possibility to share the files to everyone through the link, it helps a lot!

Cons

I miss, on the file type filter, the option to filter by GIF. and by file extension. It'll be incredibly helpful for my job. As I work with Paid Social Campaigns, I use a lot this kind of file.

CF

CJ F.

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

The Widen Collective has transformed the way we work as a team.

You get time, organization, and a solution that your team mates and other employees love.

Pros

It has enabled us to focus on creative work rather than routine fetch & retrieve for employees, as well as organizing our thousands of assets and collateral in a central, easy to use, location.

DC

Deedee C.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Widen Review

I love using Widen as a quick search for images! It takes too long to download so I usually screenshot instead.

Pros

I like that they started archiving style numbers so I can easily search for the assets I need. After searching I love how it pops up everything whether the product was featured in a model shot, mailer, or catalog. I also love the filtering section to the left.

Cons

The amount of time it takes to download an asset.

ME

Mackenzie E.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Bing Bang + Widen Review

Content approval/transfer with the clients has been improved significantly.

Pros

The ease and effectiveness of the product as a whole. Portals are very user-friendly and clean looking.

Cons

Global vs Personal Collection permissions. Switching them is tedious. Renaming assets before uploading to prevent conflicts - I'd like them to resolve themselves on the backend.

KM

Krystal M.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Widen review

Pros

the ease of finding artwork. Organizes all of our purchased and concept art. So easy to find something quickly

Cons

sometimes the search does not work. keywords are added, but random things will still come up that I did not search for.