"Aplos CRM and Donation Software"

Joyce Hodson

Aplos CRM and Donation Software

Reviewed 2016-10-10
Review Source: Software Advice

We do Fundraising for our school district to provide programs not covered in the basic curriculum. Our budget is $350,000 a year with less than 2,000 donors. We were looking for a program for our nonprofit that would provide a customer records management system, accounting system and credit card processing. Aplos provides all three at a very affordable price.

4.42/5 (121 reviews)

James Traffie

New to both software and vendor - first impressions

Reviewed 2018-02-16
Review Source: Software Advice

As a new client, the product and technical support to become familiarized with implementing this software has been superior, especially as compared to their competing vendors whom I've had to contact in this respect while in the process of evaluating which product best serves our needs.

Karen MacKenzie

Needs some maturity

Reviewed 2016-10-04
Review Source: Software Advice

I've been using Aplos for about one month and am finding a number of shortcomings for what I need. We run most of our invoicing through AP and Aplos does not have a strong tie between AP and payments, making it cumbersome to pay multiple invoices with one check. In addition, the payments page requires re-entry of the amounts for each invoice. If you generally pay the full amount, that's an unnecessary step. Reports look really nice, but need formatting flexibility beyond filtering.

Janet Wilkins

Easy to use accounting software for small churches...

Reviewed 2016-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I am happy with the ease of use for this accounting software. Our biggest complaint has been in the area of reporting. It is difficult to get the report info needed for our accountants. For some of the reports I have to export the data and manipulate it in excel to get Debit and Credit Columns on reports that would usually have that info. But, it is inexpensive and keeps the records accurately. So on a whole we are happy.

Doug Nasalroad

Aplos is very easy to setup and use.

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Aplos makes is easy for us to track and keep donor information

Steve Robertson

The Best Fund Accounting Solution Available

Reviewed 2012-06-08

This application is the best there is for simple, accurate, easy to use fund accounting. It has a very powerful feature set, yet it is simple to use. I cannot imagine what we would be doing as an organization without this. This application does everything you need it to do and then some. The customer service is the best I have ever seen or experienced. The product and the service have exceeded our expectations, and I highly recommend Aplos Software without reservations.

Jim Bresson

Bank integration weak and unreliable; 990 limited to EZ only

Reviewed 2017-07-08
Review Source: Software Advice

This software has a long way to go before it can compete with alternatives whose bank integrations are solid and reliable.

Elizabeth C Wheeler

Reviewed 2017-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I have a dilemma with this product. There are serious benefits and drawbacks to it. We are such a small charity that it is hard for us to budget for a year. Below I will describe.

William White

Aplos makes accounting easy and efficient!

Reviewed 2018-01-16

It's obvious the creators of Aplos designed this platform with church accounting in mind. I really like how flexible and customizable it is!

Yoojin Kim

Very good and simple

Reviewed 2017-01-18

It is a very simple and easy accounting system. I have not used all the features but I am glad they are available

Leia Towe

Good

Reviewed 2017-09-07

More payment methods..other than WePay

Mary Guilford

Confusing

Reviewed 2017-01-14
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been working with this software for about 1 month now and some of the information is not going into the right accounts like I want. The information on the contacts loaded up wrong from my excel file, so you can't just erase and re-due the entries because once the name is connected to a payment then you can erase the names. Also, you can look up your check number by check unless you put each check you're looking for into the program sometimes they will come up and other times they will not. So it has been a real learning experience.

Artie Padilla

Overview of my experience with Aplos

Reviewed 2014-08-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Aplos really makes our bookkeeping simple to use and efficient in its process. We've been using it for 5+ years now, and we've not had any issues with it. As they have built in new options as the years have progressed, we've taken advantage of some of them, and that's added to its value.

Jacob Paukovitz

One of the best fund accounting platforms on the market

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-01-14

Easily managing accounting for multiple organizations with Aplos and Aplos Oversight. This reduces man hours needed to manage the books, reducing overhead cost.

Tyan Hayes

We are so pleased to find such a user-friendly, all encompasing donor and accounting database!

Reviewed 2017-07-21
Review Source: Software Advice

We recommend it to everyone in nonprofit!

Doug Weber

Nice full-featured fund accounting software

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Aplos support has been great to work with. We anticipate that we will be able to produce better management financial reports with this fund accounting software than we were able to do with our prior software firm.

Ray Slaubaugh

APLOS 2017

Reviewed 2017-02-23
Review Source: Software Advice

The system was easy to set up and the daily use was easy for the accountant and the management leaders to uses also.

William Eubank

Aplos a must-have for churches, particularly church plants

Reviewed 2012-05-15

Buy this software for your church!

Leia Towe

Great Software and Customer Service!

Reviewed 2016-09-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Their customer service. They will do whatever they can to make sure you totally understand the product. Also, if there are any issues, they will work around the clock to resolve it. The lead contact was very insightful; presented the product no only to myself, but to our board. Ensured that we got a great rate, and was still available at any time after the 'sale' was made.

Stephanie Hill

Awesome software

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-02-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Since I have been using this software it's been phenomenal with its consistency and being so easy to use. This software assists with tracking donations and sending out reminders to previous donators to keep the donations coming in. Also, it has a tool to link to the business account to help keep track and monitor spending and placing these items in the categories that they fall under for accounting purposes. I truly enjoy it and lastly it is very affordable

Tommy Sheppard

Love this software

Reviewed 2017-01-04

I love Aplos. It is very easy to use for someone who isn't an accountant and the customer support is the best I've ever experienced. I would recommend.

Jimmy Sc

Use Aplos to Manage Church Finances

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-05-14

It integrates donation management with accounting so I'm not having to use two systems. It's built specifically for non-profits.

Mary Gawlicki

Aplos is great!

Reviewed 2016-10-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Very happy with my purchase of Aplos Find Accounting software.

Chris Wolfe

Easy to use fund accounting

Reviewed 2016-09-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Although this is a fully featured double-entry bookkeeping system, it is very easy for non-accountants to understand and use. It mostly avoids technical accounting terminology at both the input and reporting stages. The ability to link directly to a bank account saves a lot of time and makes bank reconciliation a breeze. This software is particularly useful to organisations who need to keep track of a number of different "funds". The support team respond quickly to any queries.

Shawn Kiger

Easy to use and great customer service

Reviewed 2018-11-21

The customer service has been so helpful learning the software and accounting in general.

Ben McLeish

Abysmal

Reviewed 2016-03-22

Can't do very basic donor management functions such as e-mailing custom monthly receipts for donations received via mail. The assigned roles of various functions (accounting, donor management) blocks out key functioning for specific task related to assigned role, making assigned roles pointless. Could not attach files to journal records in the accounting side. The feed for donations was only applicable to new donors and not for a new donation for an established donor. Customer service had very few answers and most typically replied "we'll consider that for future development." Run, run, run away. Don't waste your time. Your time and sanity isn't worth it.