Aware3

A Member Engagement Platform for churches: Mobile App + Text

visit website

Aware3 Reviews

Melody C.

Honestly, it's the customer service. They have an amazing support team who are not only prompt, they're very courteous, professional, and knowledgeable.

Jackie H.

Cory C.

Cons

The geo-targeted notifications are very hit-or-miss as well, although I understand that this may be more of a carrier problem than an Aware3 problem.

Scott H.

At the time we were working with Aware3, they were unable to create a unique app for our church. We would have been forced to be lumped into a "container app.

Michael H.

Seriously lacking in features and setup was horrible to figure out.

Jeff S.

Great support for App

Transcript

Brian P.: Hi, my name is Brian. I am a lead evangelist and I give Aware 3 a rating of five out of five....

A Good Options For Small Organizations

Transcript

Jacob: My name is Jacob, I'm an Operations Director at a church, and I would give Aware3 four out of...

Aware3 Church App

Overall, Aware3 is fantastic. It is easy to use and easy for church members to understand and implement. I actively recommend this software solution to churches looking for a custom app and/or a church management system.

Pros

Easy of customization is great but the customer support is FANTASTIC. Their customer support is some often best I have experienced in many years of dealing with technology.

Cons

The church app software has some features that are easily to add but hard to remove. The solution seems to be immature in some aspects of the user interface.

Thanks for your feedback, Martin! Really happy to hear that your experience with aware3 has been positive.

We switched for a reason!

Aware3 allows us to reach our church congregation in a simpler, quicker way with more opportunity to connect and provide resources.

Pros

Aware3 has been great. We used another program for years used by many larger church but we super unsatisfied even when we compared what we did to these other churches. We did our research and found Aware3. After a few calls with their team and an awesome product overview Web Call, we were sold. The ease of use on the back end paired with the many features on the base package (not to mention the great add ons) is amazing. The ease of use and the great layout for the front end user is also amazing. We haven't looked back.

Cons

So far, we haven't found any cons about Aware3.

Hi Cory! Thanks for the awesome feedback! We hope you never look back :-D Being able to reach your community in a simple way is so important. This is what we're all about. Thanks for choosing to partner with us! -Aware3 Support Team

Easy to Use, Great to Start Out

It's been a great purchase for our church. People can get everything they need from the app - info about events, livestream, bible app, sermon notes - and it's been really great to have the data online about how people interact on the app so we know what works and how to tailor how we are doing things on the management side.

Pros

It's very user friendly and pretty intuitive. The staff who have helped our church have always been patient and great at getting back to us in a timely manner, a swell as walking us through each step when there is an issue. The members and guests of our church find it easy to use on their end, whether they are taking notes on Sundays or registering for small groups and events. Also a great way to keep track of member engagement on the app.

Cons

There aren't a super long list of features and sometimes there are less intuitive processes, but they don't take away from the ease of use or the final product of the app.

Hi Mollie! Thanks so much for the feedback. It makes us so happy that your community is able to use the app to get everything they need in the app - the ultimate 'one stop shop!' We look forward to our continued partnership with Living Hope Church.

Your church will communicate in new ways with this app!

Great customer service and found that our parish has responded to the new look. We reach more people with notifications than we did with just email. We also pleased with how the giving platform has simplified their giving and our reporting. Last, we are loving the immediate response with the Live Polls button - the feedback is great information.

Pros

Simple to use, simple to set-up and endless with the information you share with your parish.

Cons

Wish the chat feature updated the notification feature and I wish they had more videos we could share with our parish on how the app works.

Hi Amy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We hear your comments about the chat feature and actually have a Version 2 of this feature on our roadmap for the next several months. We're excited to be able to enhance this feature based on your feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and All Saints Parish!

Great Church App - User Friendly & Affordable

Pros

I have been using Aware3 for over two years as the app software for churches. I couldn't be happier with this software. I am able to easily make edits to our app and they are live instantly. On occasion, when I run into something I am not sure about, I have contacted customer service. This is always done through chat or email but the response time is excellent, usually on the same day I send my inquiry. The replies I get are complete and easy to understand. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Aware3 and would definitely recommend them to others.

Cons

I've been using it two years, and things I used to be a con, are no longer. They have resolved most the early issues.

Kerry, We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with Aware3! We value your partnership and appreciate your kind words regarding our software and team!

This APP platform brings real value to our users

We wanted to have an app that would connect our ministry constituents all over the U.S. - and we wanted this app to bring added value to their affiliation with our ministry.

Pros

Ease of use, attractive interface, and an affordable cost.

Cons

Missing features that we would've wanted were a disappointment, but we anticipated that there would be features we couldn't have as part of any turnkey software experience.

Hi Bill - We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! So glad to hear that the app is helping connect people in the Christian Medical and Dental Association all over the country. We appreciate your partnership. Thanks again!

Excellent app creation for churches

They've been an excellent company to work with who have delivered entirely on what they promised.

Pros

They were so helpful in getting to know our church, our needs, and how that would connect with an app for our people. The app itself is sharp-looking, maintained well, and is fairly easy to adjust when needed. We know there's a lot more to take advantage of with this app, but it's exciting at the same time to know we still haven't fully tapped this resource through Aware3!

Cons

The message notes don't automatically sync if they're in different places on the app. And I think some elements could be redesigned to make them more intuitive for new users.

Best all-in-one solution for app, online giving, and events

Our processes are streamlined by Aware3 allowing us to consolidate all three things I've mentioned into one online account. This has been a huge benefit for us in helping to streamline our time and efficiency.

Pros

We chose Aware3 because it was the best all-in-one solution for handling our church app, online giving, and event registration. The app is easy to edit and customize. You do not need someone that knows how to code or any backend knowledge like that. That is a huge bonus! Also, the same company that handles your app has native online giving through it as well. This was a big deal to us when choosing a company. Also, the event registration runs through the same backend financial processor which is a positive for our church's finance department. They only have one place to check for online giving and event registration money.

Cons

The monthly cost of $109 and the giving fees are not the best in the business. If we've ever considered leaving, it has been due to the cost. If you are looking for a cheaper solution, you will definitely find it.

Thanks for your review Philip! We appreciate your partnership.

Great app for small churches

Paperless church, make sermon notes available with the ability to take notes, watch past sermons, online-giving, calendar of events, send out questionnaires, send out notifications,

Pros

This app functions very well and has some very good features for a church that does not have a big budget for technology. It is very affordable. Service and support are excellent. A church can get all the main things a church would want to have mobile device accessible with the Aware 3 church app.

Cons

Features and Customization are limited compared to the leading church app. This is the only con, in my opinion, and a church could not go wrong with the Aware 3 product.

Great at making your audience Aware.

This was a great step for us to have our own app. Wthout Aware3 we would not have been able to afford to provide our guests with such great information.

Pros

With Aware3 i am able to keep all of our guests informed whether they are on campus or at home. It has so many options that we use it to show our customers every part of our business offerings from food to calendar to recreational options.

Cons

I would like this much more if everything was more WYSIWYG format. They have made many improvements over time but still feel like DOS in some places.

Got Your Church's App Online Yet?

The usual process of conveying our needs and wants in an app were awkward for us and aware3 was a little slow initially on how to help us understand what they were able to do and how to do it. But that was just for a short while. We were able to get up to speed in a relatively short time and then everything turned out the way we wanted them to. Aware3 never gave up on us.

Pros

The process of building and getting our app was easy, quick and painless. The cost was much better than any of the other sites we'd visited to get our app. The features available for our app were useful and many.

Cons

The first contacts found us confused because we knew NOTHING about developing an app for our church. We were very low tech when it came to finding a suitable app and it took some time and lots of questions to get to the point of knowing what we wanted and how to construct it and there was such a learning curve on our part. At first, some explanations from the staff at aware3 weren't considering our lack of experise.

Ralph, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with aware3. We greatly appreciate your partnership over the past couple of years. We are happy to hear everything you had envisioned for your app has come to life and is becoming such a great resource for your team at New Hope Christian Church. Please don't forget our Customer Success team is always here to help!

Really happy with our decision to use Aware3

When looking to launch our first church app, I researched and spoke with all the major providers. None impressed me like Aware3 did. It became evident they were really passionate about creating a great product and experience for their clients. Sometimes you just get a gut sense of what kind of people you're working with, and every interaction I've had with them tells me they operate with integrity and authenticity. They are also ahead of the curve in researching and anticipating new ideas and features, and they regularly roll out new features.

Pros

I was dreading the work that was going to be involved in launching an app. It turned out the set-up process could not have been any easier. Aware3 has a user interface that is easy to navigate and understand. My part was to think through how to structure the information for our church (Sunday Mornings, Media, Calendar, etc.) and then plug in links and graphics. You also have complete control over the aesthetics and branding. My favorite things about Aware3, however, has been their people. They are so kind and helpful and are quick to respond to questions.

Cons

A couple years back, you would have to send them an email to add certain features. And while they were very quick top respond and get it setup... when I was working late on a Friday night to launch something new for Sunday I found myself up a creek. They have now built-in the ability to add those features yourself, so my primary disappointment no longer exists.

Thanks for your review, Melody! We love working with First Woodway!

Long Time User

This app has allowed us to collect donations from people who maybe otherwise would not have given a donation. It is convenient and easy to use. We have received no complaints from anyone as it relates to using this app.

Pros

I like the fact that you can do more than just collect money with this software. I like that I'm able to connect with and contact everyone who has downloaded the app and that I'm able to post my sermon notes where it is accessible to my congregation members. I also like the use of forms for our events and we are not limited to the number of forms we can create.

Cons

It currently does not have an option to use a card reader. This comes in handy for those who do not wish to download the app or give through texting but will give a donation on the spot using their credit/debit card.

Clyde, we are so happy to hear this! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Connection and generosity go hand-in-hand, and we're glad to hear you're experiencing the benefits of the features that enhance both! We're grateful for your partnership.

Could be so much more

The customer service is always great, and up until this point it has done everything we needed, but we haven't used it to it's fullest because of the functionality on the back end.

Pros

It does everything I need it to do, especially in the area of connecting with our CMS.

Cons

I wish they made it easier for the end user on the back end who needs to use it. I would like for my team to be able to publish and post things to the app by themselves but the technology is a bit tricky for laymen. It's too hard to use so they don't use it (for push notifications).

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that you have come across some issues using our app on the backend. Aware3 is dedicated to the success of our customers and would love to take some time to walk you through exactly how to use specific features like push notifications. Our Customer Success team can be reached at support@aware3.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

Great App Builder for churches

Any time I've had a problem or a question about a particular part of the app building process, I've reached out via email and Aware3 has always gotten back to me within 24 hours and they are always very helpful and very upfront about what can or cannot be done. They are a great team to work with!

Pros

It's easy to update different elements in your app. Adding notes, updating and adding sign-up links, sending push notifications to users. There are a lot of ways to use these features to reach people at your church and you don't have to be super 'techy' in order to get them to work.

Cons

One of the things I have found to be an issue is the way android phones (I can't confirm the way iPhones work with this) receive the push notifications. If there's more than 10-15 characters in the push, then my android devices just cut off the message so I can't get the full message right away. I will say when you tap on the message you can have the user go to a specific part of your app or go in and read the whole message, but I have other apps that send push notifications and you can swipe down to see the whole message. That would be a great addition to the push notifications feature.

Hi Michael! We're blushing :) Thanks for the kind review. It sounds like your church is getting great use out of the app - just what we like to hear. We'll pass your feedback about Android push notifications on to our team. Always appreciate your suggestions! Thanks again for the review.

Intuitive, Outstanding Customer Service

Having an app with Aware 3 has given us an additional channel for immediate communications with our church (via "pushes"), an additional way to sign people up for events, and a means for our members to give their contributions.

Pros

I have been using Aware3 for over two years as the app software for our church. I couldn't be happier with this software. As someone who has no background in coding or program development, I find the software easy to use and intuitive in terms of its layout. I am able to easily make edits to our app and they are live instantly. On occasion, when I run into something I am not sure about, I have contacted customer service. This is always done through chat or email but the response time is excellent, usually on the same day I send my inquiry. The replies I get are complete and easy to understand. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Aware3 and would definitely recommend them to others.

Cons

The only thing we have had trouble with is the calendar feature. For some reason event updates did not always show up in the expected amount of time. However, I was able to work around this by providing a link to the calendar we use on our website. This too was very easy to implement.

Wow, Kathy! We're floored. Thanks so much for the nice review. It makes our team happy that you've found the app easy to use. Thanks for your partnership!

Aware 3 Review

The ease of giving for our congregation and being able to tell immediately what fund they want their giving to be placed under.

Pros

The congregation responded quickly & very favorably to the app. Our giving online is now almost half of our monthly giving. Customer service responds quickly to any question we might have when settling our account weekly. Great product!

Cons

The most difficult part I had was the recent change to setting up the "Developer App" with Apple. It caused major problems since we do not have another apple product in house therefore I had to use my I Phone and it erased "EVERYTHING" on my phone. It took my son & myself 3 1/2 hours on the phone with Apple customer service to get my phone reset. BAD experience!

Wow! This is wonderful to hear, Brenda. Apple has certainly caused a stir for all of our customers, so you're not alone. We appreciate all your hard work getting your Apple Developer Account up and running. The good news is our team will take everything from here! :-D

Been a fantastic company to work with

This connects us to our congregation. They have easy access to forms, calendars, sermons, and a barcode for checking their kids in. For those that have created a login in the app, when they update their info it updates our database. Huge win! The app is way easier to navigate and find things on a phone compared to our website. This helps church members not grow frustrated when they want something quick and easy.

Pros

It integrates with Church Community Builder (CCB), which is a big win for us. I also really like the simple button layout. It's very clean and easy to navigate for users. I haven't heard one bad thing from a congregant, and we have a couple thousand downloads. The company has been great to work with. Very responsive with support and listens to ideas.

Cons

I feel like some things work differently between Android and iOS, like push notifications. They don't clear on Android when you hit them. They must be cleared manually. Also, clicking a push notification doesn't take you to the message. It simply opens the app. Kind of annoying to click the notification, it opens the app, then I need to go the menu to view notifications, then click on the notification to read it, then go back and manually clear the notification from my drop-down on my phone.

Great product

Our immediate communication has increased greatly. Registrations for events and payment is so much easier. We saw a good increase in giving when it could be done anytime anywhere because of the app. We can update the information out there easily and stay relevant with out waiting for someone else to change our info.

Pros

Ease for the person who isn't an IT guru. Looks professional. Lots of options for the information we want to get out there. Forms are fabulous. Directly notifies anyone we want the information to go to. Love the giving aspect.

Cons

It's still developing and we add things as they are produced.

Hi Ronaele, We're thrilled to hear the ways that your communication and giving have improved! Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Aware3 is top of the line. They understand our congregation and their needs.

Pros

The software is incredibly simple to learn and use. The dashboard is easy to navigate and changes apply in real-time. Our church loves how they can easily navigate the app and find whatever they need. One of the HUGE benefits for us is that the software partners with Church Community Builder without any issues. We use CCB for everything in our church from finances to volunteer scheduling to mass emailing. The forms we build integrate with the app will the ease and it's really improved our communication overall.

Cons

The only thing that I'm not crazy about is having to contact support each time that we need to add or remove a tile. It would be nice to have an option to choose a tile, a template for the tile and then add it to the active tiles already in the app.

Simple, all-in-one solution for your church or school

Aware3 has enabled us to streamline communication, brought our community closer together, and made it easier than ever to receive donations. The design process was simple, quick, and professional. The ongoing support is customer-focused and wildly responsive.

Pros

Easy to use. Everything for your church or school is all in one place. Beautiful design. Simple forms for donations. Texting and group options to meet your various communication needs.

Cons

Originally Aware3 only had one way to setup the app. However, in recent years they have continued improving layout design to provide more flexibility. Now, the app has even better design options and more updates come out multiple times a year.

Wow, Travis! Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience with aware3. We're thrilled to hear the benefits that your mobile app has provided for your community.

Church App makes a difference

We have been able to connect our church with podcasts, notifications, and our social media presence through this app. In addition, our electronic giving is facilitated through this app. The Aware 3 staff is always seeking new innovations to their software and features. We are thrilled with our decision to make Aware 3 as our app host.

Pros

Aware 3's versatility and ability to integrate with other software makes this church app a winner. It is extremely user friendly and is a great tool for churches to connect with and communicate with their congregations.

Cons

There are no drawbacks using the Aware 3 app from our perspective. We have not found a single thing to complain about!

Thanks so much, Greg! We're glad to hear that the app helps you connect & communicate with your church through the app.

Excellent church app!

Especially like giving through the app, and many people regularly use this feature. It's also our primary hub for event registrations and for that reason keeps members engaged on a regular basis.

Pros

Versatility and adaptability for all of our particular needs. Because they have served a number of other churches and nonprofits, they are well versed in the kinds of things churches need in order to connect with their members, keep them engaged and informed. Extremely helpful customer service staff, which for me is a top priority. This is especially critical whenever a technical issue has had to be addressed, and has always been done expediently and with a positive spirit.

Cons

Setting everything up and understanding all of the various features.

Thank you, Jeff! We're thrilled to hear that you're able to connect with your members & keep them engaged through the app. Thank you for your continued partnership.

Great Product

It has been a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend Aware3 to anyone.

Pros

The ease of use for user and administrator. It is highly customizable and the customer support is amazing.

Cons

I don't have anything that I didn't like about the software.

Thanks for the review, Patrick! We're delighted to hear that you're finding the software so easy to navigate and implement within Glad Tidings Church.

Great Customer Service

Aware3 is a great tool for our church. Their customer service is top notch and very quick to reply with help.

Pros

Ease of Use Customer Service Easy to Edit

Cons

Navigating Graphics and Tools to populate and edit app. Have to go to a different website to find them

Tina, We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with aware3. We are pleased to hear that our Customer Success team has been a great resource for LifeHouse Church. Another resource aware3 offers to its customers is a fully loaded image library where you can find anything from icons to feature button images. We hope that you will browse our image library and find something to use the next time you update your graphics! As always, we are here to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any trouble. You can reach our team at support@aware3.com.